[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

gosh..

To realize they are both may the zombie kid..:bawling::heartbreak:

remarkable where MY may used as extended version of her also sick mom & her father also plays a major part in her trauma (ofc how cant u r okay when ur own father tryin to choke & kill you, that exactly memory left in her). This episode reveals also her comparison of liking definition with ST wants his dinos: she is not okay. 

While KT from the first ep he is introduced as angelic boy who always try to smile but his smile is being hated bcs looks like a joker (smile with a sad eyes), now we introduced of his past that he is also may used as prop only to her mother that wants protect his brother, either it just his misunderstanding or not, he truly felt that way. He just try so hard to become useful, but he didn't feel the warm from his mom for only him.

Very sad to read "smile makes you special" quote in the mirror when he washed the face after losing his temper out but I feel so much from the scene, he was never felt special bcs his childhood.

They may came & grow with very different form but they are mutual in feels like a zombie, somehow, as the zombie kid story relatable to them.

img.gif

img.gif

Also its heartbreaking when we see ST actually loves him, many times he said he doesnt want to be burden, he can make KT happy. He wants buy the van maybe simply bcs he wants his lil' brother happy. Maybe their mother specialized ST over KT, but I think ST loves KT. The barrier of their mom treatment cause the sincerity doesnt meet & understand simply between them.

img.gif

fallin' hard to so many scenes in this drama already indeed. Interesting

gif cr. inhighsummer twt

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1

Yay i am back here after catching up to the latest episode!! 

I am truly curious what happened between MY her Mum and her Dad. Why does her Dad want to kill her so bad? And the flashbacks are really interesting? I mean in one of the scenes, they did talk about how MY's Dad built their mansion for the family i mean i believe that kinda signifies that the Dad and Mum are in love? So what changed, and why did MY's mother die and even appear in her nightmares/sleep paralysis + the scene where she was driving at night and she hallucinates her presence at the backseat. And its also creepy in one of the flashbacks with the Mum combing MY's hair, she said MY was her best creation? Hmm maybe MY's Mum only treated her as a creation instead of a child out of love? Idk .. i am so intrigued!! It was so sad in Ep 4, the scene when MY's Dad strangled her :( she was smiling while crying... It's upset tho, because i think in the current society, mental disorders often get neglected in "normal-looking" people. 

On the other hand for KT's family, while of course being financially less comparable to MY, i feel a sense of similarity to MY's situation. in a way that KT's existence was because of ST? Like his Mum said he is needed just to accompany ST. It must be so heartbreaking for KT because all he really want is a portion of his mother's love :(  It's also interesting that MY told KT she feels kinship is one of mutual advantage? Actually i do relate to this statement from MY's POV. It may be justifiable for her to feel this way (have to watch more to find out tho)given what was shown. I am just curious why KT doesn't feel the same despite (based on the flashbacks) being treated only as a guardian for ST. I mean him being in the psychology field i feel is somewhat related to his responsibility towards KT. While MY and ST are from different backgrounds, i feel like they face somewhat similar issues when it comes to kinship. It is interesting how they grew up differently and their views of kinship being opposites. Probably a key difference is KT having at least ST at his side all this time while MY had no one?

JR is also a mysterious character as well. She seems to be hiding a lot of her true self and emotion. I wonder why she has such strong dislike towards MY? Since they knew each other in the past, had something happened? 

Aside i am curious how did the CEO Lee know what MY had said to KT? Like her saying she wants him and stuff... i mean has it happened before? His warning to KT seems like those whom MY interacted with or had said the same things to didn't end well? 

• Like 9

while browsing through videos of the drama in youtube, i came across the teasers again and noticed some scenes. so far almost all scenes from the official teasers/trailers, we've already seen in episodes 1-4. the first three pictures below are the few that have not yet made an appearance, while the last picture is the last frame from the episode 5 teaser:

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-8-37-43-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-8-38-03-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-8-38-42-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-8-48-16-PM.png

based on KT's outfit and the location, these all look connected. seems like next weekend would bring us to KT's experience of being back at the cursed castle since he followed MY there when they were young. could also be that he's entering for the first time? the flashbacks of their younger selves only showed him by the gate if i remember correctly. anyway, i can't help but wonder where his memories would take him, and how he'd react at present after he realizes that MY was that girl from his past...

(this is how we survive while we wait another week for the next episodes – on crumbs. haha)

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Not Me said:

about the ratings, i dont think TvN have high hopes that the tv rating will soar like CLOY from the start,

I think they already predict since the story revolves around mental health and a bit heavy, the target audience will be very limited and exclude 'the mothers' to watch

and we know that ratings in korea is mostly depends on 'mothers' so that's why usually the KBS/SBS/MBC weekend drama has high ratings, and i don't think this drama genre captivate those mothers haha

let's just enjoy the popularity overseas, i think it's quite successful overseas, last night when netflix delay the release of ep 4, everyone got angry waiting for it lol

Exactly. The reason they gave this drama the golden Sat-Sun evening slot is because of the cache of landing Kim Soo Hyun's comeback drama and they had negotiated free cameos from Soo Hyun in CLOY and HDL which generated a lot of buzz but I don't think TVN had any illusions this would be a huge Crash Landing On You, or even, Hotel Del Luna sized hit after seeing the script. They know this is not a drama that will appeal to the majority of viewers. They knew this drama was a risk. 

The story and themes are dark and uncomfortable, the lead male is downtrodden and repressed, the lead female is strange and unlikeable, the setting is an unglamorous psychiatric facility in a country where mental health is still often a taboo topic, the storytelling is slow, complex and non-linear.

All those things considered the ratings so far are actually pretty good (even though it would obviously be great if they could go higher!)

• Like 12
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

All of a sudden, I remember the car ride scene in ep 4, KT with MY — when she offered to run away with him - he looked as if he was about to cry, right? He looked so vulnerable again because she saw through everything. 

Ah superficial comment: KT is already handsome but in the washing face scene after the slap and the rain scene at the end, totally elevated his visuals lol.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Another good K-drama that 2020 has been gifting, I love every second of each episode so far. :wub:

I love how:

• The drama focuses straightforwardlly on matters that seem to be dark, harsh and sad that exist: toxic parents, mental disorder... with memories flash back and forth. But with the unique portrait from PD-nim and the crew, my feeling while watching is not heavy, instead, it's like I've been witnessing everything is being revealed, being discovered, being brought into light, to recognize that everyone has their own stories and journeys. The moment Kang-tae read the Zombie Kid book and burst into tears as it touches his heart and he realized that he was wrong to have that assumption about Moon-young, I cannot keep my tears too. It means so much that I cannot put into words. He makes it up right away by going out and reaching for her - this would be one of my most favorite scene from the drama. 
  • These two, they have those mental wounds that are burried deep down inside that maybe somehow, they even have forgotten about them in the journey of growing up, they keep living, make ends meet (Kang-tae), earn reputation (Moon-young)... but why aren't they happy wholeheartedlly? Why something is always missing? I believe one of the reasons is they have feelings/emotions that haven't been named. 
    Until the moment their paths cross each other. 
    That's when Kang-tae knows exactly what he did feel as a kid, to be brought into this world "for reason", not by pure love, he didn't receive the love he deserves from mom. And Moon-young sees it, feels it, and as brave as she is, she talks to him: "You are like a kid... want to be loved"
    Yes, they call it out, the deepest and darkest parts of each other, that not everyone can see, can understand, can see through, can say it out, can have the desire to protect the other. 
    (The first 4 episodes so far was more about Moon-young name Kang-tae's feeling, I'm anticipating for the other way around, when Kang-tae knows Moon-young's stories and understand her intention/cause behind each action)

And interestingly, in their names both have moon: Moon Kang-tae and Ko Moon-young (I don't understand the original meaning in Hangul but let's look at this from English language perspective) - they have brought that sense of the vibe - to light things up tenderly, like the moon to each other. 

And thank you people for your investment in each post, I do enjoy reading your beautiful and heart touched hearts, the quality of content is so high :wub:

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4

@africandramalover  Omg I agree the ‘horny’ comment so blunt and in a Kdrama! I never thought I would see that in a drama! Plus her you want to sleep with me ? She asked him so loudly!!!!! :lollipop:KT/KSH is a snack! (Gosh objectifying him but he is so good at what he does and his acting always spot on and he is DREAMY)

@Kookies and Cream @UnniSarah @bairama @whiteclover @superbigcat

Great comments. I cannot say it better.

I loved the idea of a future book with Sang Tae doing the illustrations would be epic.:sparklyeyes:

Yes, I was in pieces that hyung cares for KT, when he said why he wanted to the camper when pressed by KT had me in tears. (KT must had been bewildered but after hearing his reasoning it was touching) ST wants yo take care of his dongseng but he cannot do it in the way he want me to . So he pursuit to earn money to buy it was sweet. I loved how KT later was doing research.:selfie:

KT and MY such complex characters but I kind I concur with others that both are the Zombie Boy. Both want to be loved. (Who doesn’t though? Who doesn’t want to be recognized?):smooches2:

Yes the POV of Gi Do first in his mind and later in reality as he is followed by KT in the hospital saying the same story was unexpected. I loved it! (Yes the Burning Sun reference - always got to have something lol) . Again loved that cameo & the look of hurt when he was on the stage. Sigh being the misfit and wanting to be loved. Lashing out for attention, nothing new but still sad and upsetting. Why does he have to be considered less as he is not as smart and up to their high standards.

The look of hurt and sadness as MY left the hospital after being choked by her dad, and deciding to walk did surprise me. She didn’t drive to the hospital? How did she get there? Or she just decided (smartly or unwisely) to walk back home as her state of mind wasn’t good in HEELS? But I guess she had to sort her thoughts. The white dress and her less dark moves def made a contrast of mood vulnerability.:idk:

KT must had been bothered greatly and I loved he left to go to her after hearing from TS (He filled the pieces of the puzzle of her mood). He knew she did the walk with dad as he was upset with her. He was Prince Charming swooping in putting a jacket on her & their expressions wow. She is worming her way into his heart and he is weak to fend her off as much as he is trying.

@lyrically aesthetic @hwonhwon_stv @blademan Thanks for the gorgeous pics, videos & info , keep it coming as we are waiting for next weekend! 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 3

I understand its really hard to wait for a new episode but i think this is the kind of show that you really need to watch weekly. It allows you to have time to reflect.

- found this on twitter (by annea)

well said. Even we are here craving for mesmerizing visual too, deep down in the end we think & reflect much on the sentences said by the characters & their story..

4913390eb6d9598319278eac073d07d454a347ab

5c601139f8c16feb86c5c5e0c3313e4f07ad346f

9505ce5261a7713b132a78a3b03b5478619497a7

f7e5d96a2733940274615283c10e03751fe9d34e

cr. tumblr imjaeboum

03b851e6add2bbfeb544c8ec037dd6c16384cdac

cr. tumblr dingyuxi

add: thanks @Nodame nice to bump with u here again thought im very late to watch the latest ep but weo i think we are here will not easy to over heartbreak of the characters in this ep + its beautiful, the scenes are so beautiful huhu

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

At lest With all confusion, chasing she didn’t come home empty handed :tounge_wink:

:mrgreen:she stares it like cat waitin the food chase

"thats my food"

img.gif

cr. inhighsummer twt

omg the gifs r beautiful

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

57 minutes ago, stella77 said:

All of a sudden, I remember the car ride scene in ep 4, KT with MY — when she offered to run away with him - he looked as if he was about to cry, right? He looked so vulnerable again because she saw through everything. 

he looked more of guarded, for me, then - as he always is around MY. or as he tries to be. but you just know beneath the facade that there's simmering excitement, curiosity, hopefulness, desire, and maybe even fear all at once. i think KT has mastered the art of appearing strong in front of everyone else. in psychology, we call this defense mechanism sublimation - wherein you convert the energy from your inner turmoil into socially productive activities like work. but what's so special abt his dynamic with MY, as you mentioned, is her ability to make KT vulnerable and defenseless (and perhaps vice versa). she's highly perceptive (a trait of people with ASPD that allows them to manipulate others) and she knows how to push his buttons. KT resents her for this and he does his best to resist, of course, and so when he fails to do so - it comes out as a raw outburst, like how we've seen him project his anger towards her several times. there is anticipation then, naturally, for the time when he would just allow himself to feel freely around MY, and when that time arrives, as what MY said in the same scene ~ it will be magnificent.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-29-at-10-27-20-PM.pn

• Like 15
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I hated that scene where the father tried to kill his daughter, all they cared about was the father not Ko Mo Young. I felt so bad for her. I wonder if he really has dementia. I think the father is a terrible person. I think Joo-Ri is stalking Moon Gang Tae when he is with Ko Mo Young. This scene and the timing of it was just to darn perfect. Catching her when she was already vulnerable. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think it is not JR. If it was JR then why the camera did not show her face. If it was her the camera should show her face because the viewers already know that JR hates MY

Edited by rarawita
Double quote.sorry
  • Like 7

When she ( Ko Moo Young) plainly told him that 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292dada9d69624012afe

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292dada9d69624012afe

Jo Jae-Soo

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d458d062055b1e1668

I want to know more about him. He is a very loyal friend. The fact he is willing to move whenever Moon Kang Tae move is shocking and he really cares for MKT. I hope he remains friend with MKT until the end of the drama. Would hate to see it change.  I want to know how they met and how he was able to befriend him. 
I sense he envies Moon Sang-Tae at times and Moon Kang Tae is envious of MST adoration of KMY.  

• Like 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

All of a sudden, I remember the car ride scene in ep 4, KT with MY — when she offered to run away with him - he looked as if he was about to cry, right? He looked so vulnerable again because she saw through everything 

I REALLY hope we get to see them running away & enjoying their time spent together in the drama! They can't just say/hint something & don't do it. Need some cute & intimate OTP scenes cause these episodes have been depressing.  

xXoXCix.gif

All i have to say is that once the romantic feelings between MY & KT becomes mutual, I better see lots of sweet interactions & if my heart bursts cause it's so beautiful, I'll survive till the end of the show! :lol:

• Like 10
  • Love 1