[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I know it says she has APD but I dont believe it both FL and ML identify with each other thur their childhood trauma I noticed ML have mental health issues that he's been suppressing from his mother's neglect and abuse they both seem to have the same issues but deal with them differently or opposite where he suppress she let it out but we will see 

• Like 4

Okay. 

Just wow! Love how the story progresses.... 

I have a feeling that Joo Ri has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. She looks decent enough but she has a temper when it involves KT and MY.

I also feel sad with KT feelings with her mom. He feels not loved since his mother only takes care of his hyung since he is special. He wants his mom's attention and care. I think that he doesn't enjoy being a kid because of his responsibility with his hyung to care for him... 

WIth MY - I guess her mother love her too much that it's suffocating and when her mom "passes away" her dad wants her dead because she reminds him of her mother? Thats what I thought... 

What do you think guys?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

this drama is so damn unpredictable?! so, apparently, MY's mom is dead and MY herself has to do something with it. also, notice how KT's mom was found in a tunnel but her hair was wet?! (as far as i remember but i may be incorrect as well). and it looked as if MY saved her mom from drowning but locked her up in a room for idk what reason. at this point, i can't put my finger on anyone. even more mysterious!! and i think her father calling her a monster has something do with her mom's death..also who was the lady who said "it serves you right" when MY got strangled?!?!? this is random but Juri's mom?!?! idk whom i suspect, at this point..

i don't know but i guess MY isn't that much of a sociopath after all? her book clearly stated that she lacked warmth from her parents just like KT did. also, what's the thing with Juri and her mom?! her mom is also a supporting cast so i definitely think her mom also has something to do with the whole thing. 

TODAY'S EPISODE REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART THO :(((((

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, shazai said:

Okay. 

Just wow! Love how the story progresses.... 

I have a feeling that Joo Ri has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. She looks decent enough but she has a temper when it involves KT and MY.

I also feel sad with KT feelings with her mom. He feels not loved since his mother only takes care of his hyung since he is special. He wants his mom's attention and care. I think that he doesn't enjoy being a kid because of his responsibility with his hyung to care for him... 

WIth MY - I guess her mother love her too much that it's suffocating and when her mom "passes away" her dad wants her dead because she reminds him of her mother? Thats what I thought... 

What do you think guys?

I like that wouldnt that love make her very daring and I wonder what would happen once she lost that love makes good sense to me

• Like 2

After watching ep. 5 with subs, I really think that MY may have something to do with her mother's death & her dead body is still inside that house. I think as someone has mention that she probably feared & hated her mom's mental abuse & so when her father finds out that his own daughter killed her own mother, he tried to choke MY. We can see the fear in her father's eyes when he looks at MY & ask why hasn't she died yet. So many theories yet unsolved & we're only on ep.4. This drama is going at a high pace, which is great but I need sometime to soak everything in. :lol:

• Like 8

It's OK not to be OK, that is what MY keeps on telling KT!!!

Today's episode was beautiful and Heartbreaking at the same time.

I think MY's mom either committed suicide or someone Pushed/Killed her.

For a moment I though KT was adopted or half sibling to ST, the way the Mother treated them, Not sure though she did say KT was brought in the world for a purpose to take care of ST by her.

ST does sense that he also has to take care of his younger brother.

KT is slowly loosing it, because uptil now no one was triggering his Happiness as a factor until MY came into scene. Living Volcano that is what I can say.Because he never dealt with his closed off emotions after his mom's death I think.

Now I know why does KT keeps on STOPPING MY. He feels guilty on many levels for Running away an not accepting her as it is.And has a chaotic feeling no feeling process for Her.

Ahh MY's manager wearing Danny Tanner'c cushion cover style Blazer ...Jeesh, He and his assiatnat provide humor that is nice. Also he knows MY better than anyone.

Thank God this show has Rice and Pizza also along with Chicken and Rameyon as FOOD Options!!!

AND also NO More SNOW, I LOVED LOVED THE RAIN DATE AND ROMANCE (Fedup of First SNOW in K dramas, much needed change to Summer Monsoon season is here thank Goodness)

Also Someone is keeping tabs on MY when she visits OK Hospital. My 2 cents.... JR's Mom and MY Parents are somehow involved in the Past Scenario!!!!

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, glory said:

damn this drama is so richard simmons unpredictable?! so, apparently, MY's mom is dead and MY herself has to do something with it. also, notice how KT's mom was found in a tunnel but her hair was wet?! (as far as i remember but i may be incorrect as well). and it looked as if MY saved her mom from drowning but locked up in a room for idk what reason. at this point, i can't put my finger on anyone. even more mysterious!! and i think her father calling her a monster has something do with her mom's death..also who was the lady who said "it serves you right" when MY got strangled?!?!? this is random but Juri's mom?!?! idk whom i suspect, at this point..

i don't know but i guess MY isn't that much of a sociopath after all? her book clearly stated that she lacked warmth from her parents just like KT did. also, what's the thing with Juri and her mom?! her mom is also a supporting cast so i definitely think her mom also has something to do with the whole thing. 

TODAY'S EPISODE REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART THO :(((((

It might be a good plot twist if it's Juri's mom but I feel its Juri herself since she said she doesn't belong to that hospital. 

I thought that was blood on MY's mom but yeah you seem have a point with MY saving her mom and locked her up...and "died" 

5 minutes ago, Misstinker said:

I like that wouldnt that love make her very daring and I wonder what would happen once she lost that love makes good sense to me

Maybe go crazy. as they say we do crazy thing when we are in love LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

@RanP As someone yet to watch the episodes I loved your thoughts. Cutting all the societal BS and etiquettes and norms and being honest and direct , wow!Seems KT leery of MG for good reason! She causes him to feel and be honest with her and he cannot ignore here or fob off her attention with inane platitudes. I too not knowledgeable about psychology but very interesting.:sparklyeyes:

The legendary @bebebisous33 I always get giddy when I see you in a forum! Mad respect for your posts and thoughts! Excited and grateful to read your insightful posts! Thank you & more excited to watch the episodes later today after my lunch plans.:hooray2:

Thanks a lot for the compliment! :hooray2: Where did you get these cute emojis?

Right now, I am only watching this k-drama because I have less time. Imagine that I am writing so many analyses about a manhwa which also caught the attention of the author! However, I have to say that this k-drama is terrific because it uses fairy tales but at the same time, it feels so realistic. It makes you question about the definition of normality.

Who hasn't got a flaw like MY said? Some might suffer from mental illness, others are handicapped physically or mentally or others have issues like dyscalculia or dyslexia or auditory perceptual disorder or some are suffering from asthma, diabetes etc... This is the reason why "normality" can become somehow dangerous. People who don't fit in these criteria are excluded which can lead to another catastrophe.

I doubt that MY is suffering from antisocial personality disorder as she can feel empathy, she knows what is right and wrong. She knows what regret and remorse are. She did fight for others. All these characteristics are showing that this is not her illness. Sure, she has issues but the way she deals with them is telling so much about her: she is very strong because she returned to that the cursed castle despite the bad memories.   

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, shazai said:

I thought that was blood on MY's mom but yeah you seem have a point with MY saving her mom and locked her up...and "died" 

Moon Young can't possibly physically drag a person who almost drowned to her home and lock her up, you know how heavy a wet person is who can't move on her own........Her mom and dad both seem shady...lets wait but the mother's death maybe tied to her parents. I am assuming, she may have not bothered to save her since you know its all a game to her.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Moon Young can't possibly physically drag a person who almost drowned to her home and lock her up, you know how heavy a wet person is who can't move on her own........Her mom and dad both seem shady...lets wait but the mother's death maybe tied to her parents. I am assuming, she may have not bothered to save her since you know its all a game to her.

OMG! There are a lot of possible scenarios but yours seems to be more realistic. 

... or might be the Mom and Dad are so in love you know they said too much of everything is dangerous 

• Like 2

2nd scene is the insect!

While she was sitting aside the road, that insect crawling towards her : camera shot on it, then on her... she grabbed her shoes ! Well... we 're talking about MY...the one we see crushing butterflies since ep 1.... 

But, she "saved" it instead... 

That was  beautifully unpredictable.... and meant a lot.

giphy.gif

Off to watch ep 4 again , with subs now!^^ 

• Like 17
  • Love 1

today's episode, i can say now i have theories about MY family

1. Dad killed mom, then want to kill daughter, we havent see her mom face, but what if mom face and MY face is the same, since in the flashback we heard MY is another her? hence MY dad want to kill her

or

2. MY kill mom, as the flashback shows she's outside the room and held the room key (but this is a bit odd, how can a little girl save her drowning mom then carry and lock her in the room?), so MY killed her mom, then Dad regards her as monster & want to kill her?

remember JR said MY mom is still alive?so maybe her body is still in the castle? no one knows she's dead?

for KT, i don't get what is the connection between his story & zombie kid story? why he's triggered with that story?

and the hospital director is smart lol, he's cool and all his actions have hidden meaning, like he already calculate what will happen next. he will be the helper for MY & KT. haha i want to know his reaction later when he knows MY steal his little statue.

now we need to wait another week T.T

in the preview, they're going to spend the night in a motel? i saw the door reads MOTEL.

EbndC7xU0AA3CkQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

MY without her fancy clothes & makeup is really just like another ordinary people! but still so pretty!

and finally, KT will realize she's the girl he liked in his childhood? since he's going to that castle to pickup her brother..

it's a torture to wait another 6 dayssss

• Like 8

Was Trying to translate comments on Naver today: 

On the scene were Moon Young gets strangled

https://tv.naver.com/v/14518383/

1. I was so sad when Seo Ye-ji started to laugh with tears... It was Seo Ye-ji who almost died. It was so sad that no one consoled her. [+1375, -2]

2. It's so sad that no one takes care of Moon Young, who is being strangled in the midst of all this. [+897. -1]

3. Ko Moon-young laughs, but if you look closely, her eyes are filled with tears. [+897, -4]

4. Even though Moon Young was almost strangled to death, nobody cared for her, nobody consoled her [+772, -3]

5. The reason why Moon Young was forced to be like this [+750, -1]

6. I think her father thought Ko Moon Young was his wife as he couldn't recognize her. I was so sad watching this episode. Moon Young was born normally, but she didn't get a proper love from her parents, and she lacked socially as she was a strange child. Its not what she wanted to do but the world that she lived in, and everybody else were pointing fingers at her and acting like she's weird. Her father who should've been her world tried to strangle her...I was so sad that I wanted to hug Moon Young [+628, -2]

7. It was the first time I had goosebumps watching a drama, her acting is so good (daebak) [+530, -3]

8. No, she almost choked to death, why is nobody looking after her? [+483,-1]

9. Oh, no....please let our Moon Young be happy [+420, -4]

10. Seo Ye Ji's acting is crazy....Its as if she is crying for help while smiling. [+364, -2]

11. Moon Young is so pitiful. [+354, -1]

12. Shouldn't they be taking care of Moon Young [+306, -2]

13.  Oh no. Moon Young ah! [+268, -2]

14. Acting is giving me goosebumps. [+261, -2]

15. Her parents are crazy. [+249, -1]

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, HeeRinah said:

2nd scene is the insect!

While she was sitting aside the road, that insect crawling towards her : camera shot on it, then on her... she grabbed her shoes ! Well... we 're talking about MY...the one we see crushing butterflies since ep 1.... 

Off to watch ep 4 again , with subs now!^^ 

ah yes, this scene, i thought she will kill the insect, but no, she just block its way, this shows that she's not a psycho, she still has empathy. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, HeeRinah said:

2nd scene is the insect!

16 minutes ago, Not Me said:

ah yes, this scene, i thought she will kill the insect, but no, she just block its way, this shows that she's not a psycho, she still has empathy. 

Not to mention, she showed some worries & concerns for GT after the slap by that jerk. She saw that red hand mark on the side of his face & asked "Who slapped him? Tell me, so I can give them a piece of my mind?" Her character is developing because of GT & that's good so far. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Not Me said:

for KT, i don't get what is the connection between his story & zombie kid story? why he's triggered with that story?

Due to Sang-tae's disability he needed a lot of attention growing up so KT was neglected by his mom emotionally. Zombie Kid made him sad to read how sacrificial the mom was to her neglected son to literally die for him in the story and how the son was greedy for his mothers "warmth" ie love. He feels the same way but it's too late now because his mom is dead

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

The scene where Kang Tae runs to Moon Young...

Comments on Naver TV:

1. Kim Soo Hyun's eyes look crazy. [+1539, -9]

2. Just because it's not visible doesn't mean that you're not hurt, but you're repressing it, and the world doesn't always give these people any warm comfort or attention. [+1456. -7]

3. What would I do from Monday to Friday? Give me Saturday. [+977, -6]

4. These two people are standing still yet speaking with their eyes. [+960, -7]

5. Oh My God, I finally found the drama I was looking for. [+854, -4]

6. I really want these two to be in love.Hug each other, comfort each other, cheer each other up, and be happy at the end. [+751, -8]

7. Today's ending was crazy [628, -4]

8. Its only 1 hour...its too real? Shouldn't this be 3 hours? How do I wait until next week!! [+620, -7]

9. Ending is crazy [+370, -3]

10. Why is my heart racing?? [+358, -4]

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Checking in to express my love for Seo Ye-ji! The girl is slaying with her clothes, beauty, and acting! She's my new girl crush! :wub: To make a sociopath character for me to like and go WTF at the same time is impressive. I haven't liked a character like Moon-young since Benedict Cumberbatch's high-fuctioning sociopath, Sherlock.

high-functioning-sociopath-do-your-resea

cto

• Like 8
  • LOL 7

my goodness, this show is a gift that keeps on giving! so much intricacies in all four episodes so far, i hope the momentum won't slow down!! 

episode 4 though - i think this is a very important one in terms of the development of the relationship of our two leads. it's the first time we're seeing KT starting to genuinely care about MY. he gets upset when he's reminded that she only sees him as property, meanwhile MY i think might be starting to wonder if maybe he's more than that. most importantly, the depths of the past of these two are unravelling more and more, along with how much pain they both carry with them individually, and so the audience begins to wonder how they can work through these scars as they eventually come together... it won't be a smooth road for sure! but i sincerely hope they learn from each other and heal together, and ultimately receive the love they are both longing for so much because they've also been through so much in their personal lives already THEY DESERVE IT :tears:

ALSO can we talk about how raw and heart-wrenching and just beautiful that hugging scene in the rain was??? made me cry for how truly lonely they both are on their own, but seeing them together also gave me so much hope :tears::tears::tears:

• Like 10
  • Love 3