[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

:sparklyeyes:@bebebisous33 Yeah still happy to see you here! The reality of life, fam, job calls for sure. The emoticons are new and CUTE you can choose from above ! New ones added all the time. I love them! 

I got caught in serious flood like rain conditions on the bus home now. After I dry off it is drama land time finally for me!:eats:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

i think her dad maybe thinks that MY had something to do with his wife's death. because what i got from the introduction of the mansion was that he actually loved his family taking in count that he built it for them so maybe he blamed MY's disorder?? im not sure but im definitely excited to know 

Edited by digni
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, digni said:

i think her dad maybe thinks that MY had something to do with his wife's death. because what i got from the introduction of the mansion was that he actually loved his family taking in count that he built it for them so maybe he blamed MY's disorder?? im not sure but im definitely excited to know 

Moon Young's mother is alive and in the hospital....she was the one watching her from afar. Also, that is why Ju Ri was surprised that Moon Young registered her dead.

Also, are the hospital stuff properly trained. How come nobody took care of Moon Young after she got choked to death and laughed like a maniac. That part really irked me. I think only hospital director understands patients well, others seem way to quick to judge.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I managed to finish episode 4! :) 

Honestly, this drama already became my top kdrama, not exaggerating. ;)

I decided that I should probably take 2-3 days after the weekend, in order to properly express my feelings. Because, just after Saturday's episode & its emotional rollercoaster, we got the 4th episode, which was heartbreaking. And this drama builds all kinds of emotions in me, I feel like I'll explode if I start discussing it right after watching the episodes. :unsure:

However, I want to mention the three important things from the 4th episode that made my heart & mind race the most.

First, the beautiful white dress SYJ was wearing. Finally a warm-ish colour (not her usual black-ish attire), summer-like, free, almost innocent-like. However, we can subtly see that under this white dress, there is the black underwear. Like I said before, nothing is accidental in this drama. To me, this small detail means that, even if KMY tries to act and seem innocent (wearing beach white dress in order to take her father for a walk), deep under/inside she is still black. 

Second (which actually comes from the first) is that KMY's father keep calling her a "monster'. With the recurring image of KMY's mother (spirit, death, etc) and episode 3's obvious "save me" moment, I firmly believe that, one way or another, KMY was involved in her mother's death. This might have been an involuntary, subconscious, absolutely indirect involvement, but, logically, it traumatised KMY. Adding to that is also the fact that her father kept blaming her for her mother's death, calling her a "monster" and wanting to kill her, and continues to do so, even in his current state.

Third, KSH's acting. I've never doubted him, no wonder he is my favourite Korean actor in general (yes, he is an oppa but, when it comes to actors, I first fall in love with their acting, the looks come second). But his acting in episode 4 was so balanced, yet emotional. It started out soft and was built slowly and gradually - through utter disappointment, then humble acceptance, throbbing anger, and devastating sadness. He portrayed MKT's groundbreaking emotions so well, I cried once again when he whispered that Omma while reading the Zombie Kid's last words. 

I can mention looooots of others things but I have so many emotions right now, I cannot properly fit them in one or two posts. Once I am bit calmer, I will slowly come up with more notes. :D Meanwhile, I want to thank you all once again for everything every single one of you does in this thread! It is such a beautiful & genuinely comfortable place, thanks to all of you! Gamsahamnida:wub:

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I wonder if KT chose to be a caregiver because focusing on other's problems is a way for him to distract himself from his own issues. While he loves his brother, he might resent him for not having enough of his mother attention and love growing up but also feels guilty for feeling that way. That could also be the reason why he ran away from MY when he was a boy as he is unable to accept/love another person who is different. And as MY helps him to sort through the complicated mess of emotions, he will then have the space in his heart to love the person behind the disorder. both will finally be able to love and be loved. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, debbsthebee said:

I wonder if KT chose to be a caregiver because focusing on other's problems is a way for him to distract himself from his own issues. While he loves his brother, he might resent him for not having enough of his mother attention and love growing up but also feels guilty for feeling that way. That could also be the reason why he ran away from MY when he was a boy as he is unable to accept/love another person who is different. And as MY helps him to sort through the complicated mess of emotions, he will then have the space in his heart to love the person behind the disorder. 

This was what her mother told him, right? That's why I gave birth to you, so you take care of your brother. So, he felt that his mission indeed was to take care of Sang-Tae. Him becoming a caregiver could be really your thought - this way he can run away from his own problems. But this is also the way he feels appreciated - by becoming the patient's friend, accomplice, trusted person. And the patients truly appreciate and love him. This is his way to find the love he is looking for. The thing KMY also mentions - he just wants to be loved.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, ruminati0n said:

btw, who do you guys think KT is referring to in the episode 5 teaser when he said "she saved my life, but i ran" ?

I believe it is the girl. The one from his past; the one from the cartoon. And... actually, our KMY herself. :) Since it's all the same person.

Again, nothing accidental and a good question, love. Because "she saved my life" could mean so many things - could be literal (we all know their story there) but he could also be speaking figuratively (her opening his eyes to the sadness & the desires he has buried deep inside him). And in both scenarios he ran; in both cases, being scared (of her, of himself, of the unknown?).

• Like 11
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

Second (which actually comes from the first) is that KMY's father keep calling her a "monster'. With the recurring image of KMY's mother (spirit, death, etc) and episode 3's obvious "save me" moment, I firmly believe that, one way or another, KMY was involved in her mother's death. This might have been an involuntary, subconscious, absolutely indirect involvement, but, logically, it traumatised KMY. Adding to that is also the fact that her father kept blaming her for her mother's death, calling her a "monster" and wanting to kill her, and continues to do so, even in his current state.

Theory mode ON : Hummm... in that ep, her mom "told her" that she was her "best creation", that she was "her other self". Maybeee mother and daughter looked alike...and that the dad got confused seeing her daughter, thinking she was his wife! Who knows ! He might as well be the one who trapped his own wife, killed her ! And seeing his daughter/wife at the hospital he said "why are you still alive"... ?

.... I need to watch everything again .... my poor mind and heart...

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

My sis is so fascinated and in love with this drama that she always watches it first before me. 

I always get mad and tell her to stop dropping me hints of spoilers until i watch it myself.

:bunnywar:

And she still does it anyways. 

:onfirex:

LOL. I love and am fascinated with this drama too but my sis is just trying to push my buttons because she always gets to watch it way before I do :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Moon Young's mother is alive and in the hospital....she was the one watching her from afar. Also, that is why Ju Ri was surprised that Moon Young registered her dead.

Also, are the hospital stuff properly trained. How come nobody took care of Moon Young after she got choked to death and laughed like a maniac. That part really irked me. I think only hospital director understands patients well, others seem way to quick to judge.

I felt exactly the same way. They neglected her, while she had been the one who got assaulted.

The way she laughed was really heartbreaking. She was dying inside... her smile was so fake. How come that they remained immobile next to her and did nothing?

What irked me the most in this episode is Juri. The woman acts like a princess but each action she does hurts people:

- she took the mother to the son while explaining that she needed a relative. Actually, she didn't need to. She should have expected the mother's reaction. But no, for her what matters the most is the family or better said the appearances.

- the fact that she didn't GMY and let MKT get slapped. She did nothing to help him...

- she claims to be GMY's friend, yet she asks for her dismissal.

Honestly, I am quite sure that if she started dating and even married MKT, she would ask at some point that MST is sent elsewhere or needs to live without his brother aso. I sense that her gentleness towards MST is rather fake, just like she is nice to MKT's friend in order to remain close to MKT. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

Just 4 episodes in, and this show has my heart!

It's absolutely wonderful and I am soo on board with the romance. The chemistry between KSH and SYJ is crazy! It has been a long time since I felt such an electrifying chemistry between 2 leads. Wow! 

Can't wait to see how KT reacts next week when he discovers who MY really is. I mean he is already in some way affected by her, I wonder how floored would he be when  

Spoiler

he discovers that she is his first love and the one who once saved his life.

I bet the kiss and the bed scenes will light our screens on firrrrre!! :happyshakes:Also there would be no one at the mansion to disturb them :piggydance:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

49 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

I believe it is the girl. The one from his past; the one from the cartoon. And... actually, our KMY herself. :) Since it's all the same person.

Again, nothing accidental and a good question, love. Because "she saved my life" could mean so many things - could be literal (we all know their story there) but he could also be speaking figuratively (her opening his eyes to the sadness & the desires he has buried deep inside him). And in both scenarios he ran; in both cases, being scared (of her, of himself, of the unknown?).

oh yes! i forgot that she did save him from drowning when they were kids!! for a second, i thought he was referring to joo-ri, since in the preview i think the scene of MY saying "why are you always siding with her?" came before this scene... haha i hope it's not JR really!! she gives me the creeps

anyway exciting episodes ahead if KT is reminiscing about his childhood crush again! him going to the "cursed castle" would surely make him realize that it was MY all along!!! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What irked me the most in this episode is Juri. The woman acts like a princess but each action she does hurts people:

- she took the mother to the son while explaining that she needed a relative. Actually, she didn't need to. She should have expected the mother's reaction. But no, for her what matters the most is the family or better said the appearances.

That part I couldn't understand. I think it was protocol that a relative goes with the patient but then she didn't. So, how does this work??

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

- she claims to be GMY's friend, yet she asks for her dismissal.

She is not her friend. The director wanted to gauge her reaction to understand the situation better, I believe he understands and senses more than he lets on. 

My problem with her is that she seems fake. Yes, she is soft spoken, docile but I don't know if its the actor or the script, she seems duplicitous. As if she is hiding away her true feelings and walking around egg shells careful not to reveal what she truly is like. I mean Juri's mom, I don't feel this with her, I only feel it around Juri. I can't quite pinpoint it but she makes me uncomfortable and that is saying a lot given there is an anti-social, ready to commit murder, volatile anti-social person around. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

That part I couldn't understand. I think it was protocol that a relative goes with the patient but then she didn't. So, how does this work??

She is not her friend. The director wanted to gauge her reaction to understand the situation better, I believe he understands and senses more than he lets on. 

My problem with her is that she seems fake. Yes, she is soft spoken, docile but I don't know if its the actor or the script, she seems duplicitous. As if she is hiding away her true feelings and walking around egg shells careful not to reveal what she truly is like. I mean Juri's mom, I don't feel this with her, I only feel it around Juri. I can't quite pinpoint it but she makes me uncomfortable and that is saying a lot given there is an anti-social, ready to commit murder, volatile anti-social person around. 

The thing is that the mother never followed the patient. So why ask in the first place? Furthermore why the need of the relative if the responsibility already lies in the hospital hands? She acts as if she wanted to help the family but in reality she was not, she definitely shows no empathy for any patient.

Yes, I feel like Yuri is fake and even a little vicious. I know that the doctor was testing her but her words revealed more about herself. She even realized her pettiness after. But there is more pettiness, also jealousy and hypocrisy. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I'm a bit late this week. Only finished episode 3 and need some time to start watching episode 4. 

Whoever is directing this drama, bravo! Seriously the camera direction, editing is something else in this drama. Genius! From what i understand so far MY represents KT's repressed personality. She triggers him in a major way and he resents that because he has obviously worked hard to hide any feelings inside to only live a passive life so he can provide for his brother. He has stopped living basically and is only breathing. MY is the person who is waking him up and once it is done completely, he will finally begin to live. I love this drama! 

• Like 19
  • Love 1

One thing that shattered my heart is when GT was reading MY's book "Zombie Kid," it reminded me of the conversation they had at the convenience store: 

"I'm too old for fairy tales. Oh, I think you're just the right age for it." 

Then BOOM her book made him vulnerable & emotional because he finally understood what's the message behind it & that relates to him, which cuts deep to where he broke out in tears. 

buOMA2n.gif

yje4zXW.gif

gifs cr. sseureki

I can't stress it enough of how I LOVE & APPRECIATE the writing & direction of this drama! Seriously, we are never too old to read fairytale stories because of the meaningful messages it can give us & how we can apply or relate to them. 

r3VV5fb.gif 

• Like 18
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2