[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

ooh, it looks like jun hyuk doesn't need other enemies, just hye won is enough. the woman doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut and almost lets the cat out of the bag by asking what is the relationship between eun dong and tae in. she obviously doesn't understand chairman han at all and thinks if they just tell the truth, he will be delighted because of the extent they went to save his life. umm, yea, okay, woman -- how were you married into this family for so long and not understand? jun hyuk obviously has more brains than his wife and is annoyed that she destroyed his plans to make tae in look bad.

eun dong really wanted to blurt out the truth but both tae in and jun hyuk take the opportunity from her and she stands there too stunned to process and come back with a witty one line. jun hyuk spins into how he insulted her at the broadcast station as he was stressed and hence she smashed his car. tae in admits their fathers knew each other. he begins that eun dong's father stood by at great cost to help his father and so he is indebted. before he can finish his story, jun hyuk butts in.. tae in needs to stop speaking so slowly and learn to finish his story! hahahah...

4 hours ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Seo Ju is still the only character I like (although several are a least becoming potentially interesting.)  Not buying Tae In at all, while he did treat ED horribly and needs to make it up to her how is treating Seo Ju terribly the right way to go?

seo ju is an interesting character and think she will make a good match with tae in. she has built this like a business relationship but it is obvious that there is more at stake here. she has feelings for him but she has kept it to herself. given tae in's character, he may not have been willing to pair with her if he knew how she felt about him. so she made a more pragmatic approach where they have business like mutual beneficial relationship. the end of ep 16 and preview feels a bit misleading and doubt we are getting an affair/triangle this early in the drama. more likely, it is someone's imagination that he might be stepping out on her.

am curious to see whether eun dong will choose to work with ji hoon instead of tae in.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

When episode 16 started, and they're all there in the same room when HW tosses in the grenade about who smashed the car, all I could think of was .... ED! speak up girl! throw it all out there and Chairman Han will fire them all and sort it out later. We'd have 4 episodes to clean up the mess and game over - 20 episodes and we're out - on to the next drama! ........ but nooooooooooooooooo. 

Then ED & TI are alone together, ED accuses TI of wrecking her life .... does our boy step up and defend himself? Finally explain it wasn't him that tacked all those years onto her sentence? Nooooooooooooooo. 

We got 84 more episodes of this :blink:

@Lmangla Agree, that last bit is someones imagination - At this point I'm thinking its TI

(although ED did pick out the ring and flowers and set up the room .... )

BTW - am I the only one that got a chuckle outta that Hotel ....  "MAY B"  :lol:

LCO

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

seo ju is an interesting character and think she will make a good match with tae in. she has built this like a business relationship but it is obvious that there is more at stake here. she has feelings for him but she has kept it to herself. given tae in's character, he may not have been willing to pair with her if he knew how she felt about him. so she made a more pragmatic approach where they have business like mutual beneficial relationship. the end of ep 16 and preview feels a bit misleading and doubt we are getting an affair/triangle this early in the drama. more likely, it is someone's imagination that he might be stepping out on her.

am curious to see whether eun dong will choose to work with ji hoon instead of tae in.

I have been following Korean Daily drama a lot and they all tend to have more or less same plot except for FEW variations .

I feel SJ obviously likes TI  as we see and will try to get him till the end or at least she will try that ED never gets him,SJ already has started seeing ED as competitor and is jealous of her.

I agree with you it's too early to have a  love triangle .Plus TI  SJ relationship is a business deal.So even after the misunderstanding they will stick together .I guess SJ will calm down and decide to make it slow and formal rather then jump on him.As for TI nothing would change. ED does shock him with her sudden moves but he will just accept whatever she throws on him ( that big Guilt you know ! ).Plus ED is still not a woman in his books.

The last scene was a kind of victorious imagination of Joo Hyuk imagining ED seducing TI and bang SJ sees it.Though TI being so cool in his imagination makes me think like even Joo Hyuk thinks TI likes ED so TI would be okay ED seducing him ! For Joo hyuk TI and ED are a already  thing ! Or say he will end up making them a thing with his rumour mongering and sneaky videos .

Ji hoon likes ED and ED may like him in future. JH will always try to have her by his side till the end and  will puff and fume whenever she is with TI :lol:

ED will be initially with TI but I guess after so much of affairs rumour TI himself may force her to be with Ji hoon. Or may be ED will herself switch .Since it's a long long drama so such switching will happen after every 30 episodes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Saja La @shana0127 ~ LOL that it was jun hyuk who imagined. who knew this guy had such a romantic imagination? must be watching some dramas and movies when he is not busy plotting on how to take over the company. ooh, I am going to be laughing at his smirk when I see this episode now. so in other words, instead of a meddling matchmaking aunty, we have jun hyuk applying for that position. :joy:

Spoiler

tenor.gif

• LOL 7

Oh! that Slap:w00t: ......and that hidden smile from ED.

ED just needs to stay quietly by SJ side for time being and S J will do the rest .

JH is so happy ,I think TI allowed ED to be trained by him.

ED saw TI crying yet again.So her soft crush towards him will sprout once more.

HW is being cornered enough ,soon that snake will bite.

Joo Hyuk / JeeHyun men dream some more sequences for TI ED, this with ED face visible :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

I know that I am supposed to be taking this show seriously but I just can’t help myself in finding it more amusing than serious. If anything this sort of reminds me of the book series Game of Thrones. From what I briefly read of a few of those books before dropping them was that almost everybody over there was trying to take over the throne and try their hand on it before being backstabbed by someone else or being toppled by the other party. Then the cycle continues.

Well after just watching a few episodes the same thing comes to my mind. Has everyone in this show been inspired by the series to some level. Just look at some of the characters that have been introduced and see what I mean.

Spoiler

Will add a bit more to this a bit later on let me first finish these dialogues of these characters first.

Seo Ju. : Mom I want to rule the throne. But to do so I need a king that I can control. Hence I choose Kang Tae In as a suitable candidate.

Tae In : I need the throne as well. To do this I need to manipulate the queens feelings for me first. Thus my target should be Seo Ju. I am already fine in the department of the former king aka her father as he trusts and supports me.

Cha Eun Dong : I don’t really want the throne. I just don’t want to be left alone and be sent to the dungeons again. So I just want to be used by anyone wanting to use me. So any king wannabe available aka Tae In or Jun Hyuk will do. My plus points are that I am not so smart so I will believe anyone as well.

Ji Hoon : I find the Game of Thrones to boring so I want to leave it for the adults. I just want to play around and protect the people that I care about. So if that means that I have to throw my name for the crown so be it. But I just really want to have a good time why can’t I have that.

Jun Hyuk : I am a self entitled rich guy who wants everything that I like or want whether I deserve it or not. So the throne should be mine and I will do whatever it takes to get it. I don’t care who I hurt whether it is family or my enemies. I will backstab them all (add evil laughter) I also don’t like sharing things that I feel belong to me.

As for the adults I feel it is pretty obvious where each of them stand so I won’t get into them at all. So will leave it at that for the time being.

Now let’s get on with the remaining characters and my impressions on them.

Not so sure where I stand on the current chairman and his philosophy on running his company and family. For instance, he has agreed to Ji Hoon’s request to not transfer Jun Hyuk to the hospital and let him work under him. Now I have a suspicion as to why he would do that even after considering the fact that he knows just what kind of person Jun Hyuk is or atleast to some small extent. So if this is the case why would he let a snake stay near his son. The simple answer is that experience is the best teacher. In this case he needs his son to wake up so that he can finally join the real world and if that means that his son needs to be bitten by a poisonous snake so be it. Is that a bit harsh probably? The chairman probably expects Jun Hyuk to pull something else in the future. If not, he is an idiot who should wake up as well.

Regardless when this happens Ji Hoon is going to take the fall since he is supposedly in charge. How this happens can vary. For instance, he may end up signing a contract that isn’t beneficial to the company or Jun Hyuk may swap documents at the last moment. This means that he will then have a chance to swoop in the last moment and save the day to make himself look good while at the same time making it appear that Ji Hoon in incompetent. Thus the company should come to him rather than some guy who gets the spot due to his father being the chairman and all. Naturally this being a drama and all things aren’t going to go as planned and hopefully Eun Dong will have some sort of evidence indicating who the real mastermind is and all. This helps her taking down a potential threat as well as a step forward in her revenge at the same time as well. but hopefully this will be a wakeup call for Ji Hoon as his father expects.

But other than that the chairman almost always covers up his family’s mistakes regardless of his reasons. This can be due to him buckling under his wife’s requests or perhaps feeling indebted to the other family ie they saved his life thanks to the heart transplant. So he decided to look the other way. His daughter committed those crimes and he has agreed to bury them as well. forgot the reason though at this point. But basically something always seems to turn up at the last moment which makes him look the other way. Due to this these villains never seem to learn their lesson and think that they can get away with anything. Tae In seems to be equally frustrated about this as well. he tries his level best to get rid of the thrash so that he can clean up the company. So while it seems like he has the best interest at heart and is an upright person he goes and does things like this. This always makes me wonder how he is going to face justice or set things right by the end of the show.

The mothers are almost always funny to watch. Fighting with each other while at the same time pretending to be civilized women to each other.

Come to think about it take the chairman’s current wife. One has to wonder if she too has been playing the Game of Thrones and how well she is going about it. For instance, it is pretty much given that she was responsible for Ji Hoon going missing when he was a kid. Unless we get a twist that it was her brothers doing all along without being asked by her. Since he was taking the initiative on his own end to allow his sister free access to the throne and all. Possibly allowing her some saving grace when the show ends. Other than that one has to wonder if she was actually the one responsible for Ji Hoon’s mother going MIA back in the day. We know that she took her place but one has to ask why did the mother go missing in the first place. From what we could see of his birth parents was that they loved each other. This means something major would have been needed for her to leave. Now this could be in the form of her being threatened that she wasn’t good enough to be with the chairman or something to that extent. Perhaps he was hiding the fact that he was actually a rich chairman to her and this might have been what allowed her to leave him. From what we have seen he either hadn’t brought up his company and was just starting out or he was trying to hide the fact that he was rich so that he could have a shot. If it was the later his current wife could have revealed this fact to her or just made it seem like he was playing around with her but had no real intention to be with her since she wasn’t in the same league. (the same could be done by her brother as well instead of her just so that his sister could marry the chairman so that they could rule the company later on)

@Lmangla mentioned the fact that Seo Ju might want to impress her father and get his approval and that is why she is doing what she is. Makes sense. But also at the same time she must be equally jealous that her brother gets away with what he does. While it seems clear that the father loves both his kids equally it probably isn’t seen that way by them. Since she is probably aware of the fact that she isn’t his biological kid her desire to prove herself is far stronger. Not only that she also probably fears that if she behaves in the same way as her brother she might be kicked out because her father would be disappointed in her actions. As well as the fact that she isn’t his biological daughter. Hence her need to prove herself.

While we are on the same topic (her). Let’s talk about the ending of the last episode and things from the preview.

I wonder in the first place if Tae In is even at the hotel and what is happening is actually happening in her mind. For instance, her intent is quite clear when she asked Eun Dong to do all that. Do the shopping and arrangements. As a woman she clearly has picked up that there is more going on between Tae In and Eun Dong. Her instructions are hence in a way a message to Eun Dong that Tae In is her man so she better not go in that direction. Plus, it might also be hurt Eun Dong at the same time as well. since she might be feeling threatened by her.

As for the woman with Tae In getting all handsy with him. The face isn’t clear and she has long hair (bunched up). The intent is supposed to be Eun Dong following Jun Hyuk’s instructions. But to me it seems highly unlikely that it is her. While I do question how smart she actually is I doubt that she would be such an idiot to follow his instructions blindly. Not to mention that the clothes and jewelry that the person seems to be wearing appear to be high end. Considering her current situation, I doubt that she can afford such items. Then again this is a drama so logic can be thrown out of the window. She may be borrowing (ahem) some of the items that she was supposed to get for Seo Ju. But even if that were the case I doubt that Tae In would go for that. Unless she manages to blackmail him or something. This means that he won’t do such a thing. Further indicating that what is happening in that hotel room is probably happening in Seo Ju’s head. Also the fact that she has returned home and is in a huff that she was stood up. Indicating one of two things. either Tae In has gotten the wrong information about which hotel suite to be in or the fact that some emergency has called him away at the last moment. Perhaps is father has suddenly fallen ill or Eun Dong has called him elsewhere. Perhaps she wants to see where he exactly stands.

Also another reason why I don’t think that the person is Eun Dong is because she can’t actually trust Jun Hyuk so going along with his plan would be foolish but at the same time she needs to make him trust her. Thus what is happening in the room is actually happening but with some other woman. This allows her to protect herself and still stay with Seo Ju’s company but at the same time make Jun Hyuk look partially foolish at the same time as well. Hence when Seo Ju enters the room mad that her man is busy making out with Eun Dong (thanks to a tip from either him or Hye Won). Then again it is also possible that she is in there with him but Ji Hoon gets her out just at the right moment and that is why he is so angry with her in the preview.

Speaking of impeccable drama timing don’t you hate it that when she was at Tae In room she saw the file on her cell mate that framed her and was just about to check the visitation logs to know who was actually responsible for framing her when she was interrupted from doing so by the arrival of Hye Won. The good news is that she has her doubts on what her former cellmate told her that she wants to meet her again for confirmation. I just wish that she does so with some facts otherwise she is going to end up believing whatever she is told once again without looking at the evidence and all. Fortunately for us we have a few episodes before she is found so we have hope otherwise not so much. Plus, her finding the documents in Tae In’s room currently don’t bode well for him. Because without knowing their actual content she will simply assume that what she has been told was the truth because there is no other reason why he should have the file of someone he doesn’t know or has met with. I don’t mind if Eun Dong is actually smart enough to bluff her former cellmate for the truth and get it out of her that way but I won’t hold my breath.

Now on to other things.

@sasha1818 Don’t worry I think that we all missed the reason why Jun Hyuk increased her prison sentence. Perhaps he was playing it safe and if he was charged with murder was waiting for the statute of limitations to pass over. Or perhaps he was just stalling for time with the hopes of two things happening. The first being that enough time passing he would hope that the matter would cool down. Allowing her to calm down and think rationally and thus forget about having her revenge. Remember at that point she had sworn to have revenge on all those that had wronged her and her father. Secondly he probably was thinking about the company. The incident would perhaps still be fresh in the minds of the people since reporters were there and had recorded her outburst that day as well as the fact that the police had gotten involved as well. If she was out she could get them interested again and thus they would start investigating the company once again which would be affected. Ie stock prices going down and what not. This way he would hope that since she was out of the picture she would be out of the mind of these reporters who would probably have other stories to cover in the meantime. Then again he may simply have had her time extended out of spite After all she was one of the few people who didn’t care how low she was in the social order but was still willing to go up against him and he just wanted to cut off her spark and all.

As for the fact that he falls for her. Now that would be extremely funny. But I don’t want that to happen. While I can buy that he wanted to be with Hye Won because she was Tae In’s girl and he wanted to crush him in every way I still find it hard for him to fall for Eun Dong. Perhaps he may try and go along the same way that he went with Hye Won to break her but I doubt that he could fall for her. Since I am sure that initially Hye Won also resisted him until she didn’t. but while we are on the topic of him and Hye Won some sort of feelings must actually exist between them since they still share the same bed. In some of these dramas husband and wife may share the same room but different beds. This doesn’t seem to be the case. But I do wonder just how long they can live happily ever after. This may be a business relationship between them but at the same time he may end up getting tired of her if she continues to act on her own. Such as when she brought up the fact that it was Eun Dong that smashed his windshield instead of Tae In as he initially claimed. Thus revealing the truth that he was trying to set him up and all.

@tulip06 I think what Tae In means by this is that while everyone else in that family has clear aims and has tried to make something of themselves and are thus serious about it he has been busy enjoying himself and taking everything for granted. If there has been any troubles he probably expects others to take care of it. Plus I think that he is probably trying to show that he has been busy not only doing his own job at a young age hence Ji Hoon should have done the same instead of relying on his family and their wealth. Thus he probably should have either joined the company much earlier or started doing something else (job or business)

@sasha1818 While I do think that the 3 families will end up together I do wonder if that is possible. Like I said I do have a bit of a difficulty when it comes to recognizing actors especially females since they can look different with their various hairstyles. But from what I have gathered it seems to me that his mother happens to be the chairman’s first love. This means that Tae In is probably his son as well or atleast Ji Hoon’s brother. Though the math is probably wrong over here. So it might be possible that Tae In is just his father’s son from a previous relationship etc.. Regardless if this is the case I can see them (Seo Ju and Tae In) having a hard time getting an approval because of the past ties. Also consider the fact that the chairman conveniently got a stroke on the meeting of the family day. Thus delaying the inevitable meeting between them. if this isn’t the case then there was no reason to bring up the stroke and the marriage talks should have gone smoothly.

Though as pointed out if all three families end up in the same house one can certainly expect there to be a lot of fireworks. We have already seen just some of the explosions being released thanks to Eun Dong and Tae In. if they all get married then there won’t be a single moment of peace in that house and family. Which I guess is a good thing from a drama’s perspective.

@calledtoteach I doubt that Eun Dong is going to discover the truth about her cellmate lying before the 30th episode perhaps at episode 45 at max. learning the truth before that wouldn’t do much good for the story. Because this way she has targeted Tae In in her revenge as well. If she discovers the truth before that then one can probably expect a team up between the two. Now while that would certainly be nice I doubt that the drama rules would allow that. Plus, if she discovers the truth earlier she may redevelop her feelings for him. This would thus make it harder for her to end up with Ji Hoon. Then again I have no idea of what the actual pairing the writer has planned so we need to wait and see. Also I don’t think that she has completely forgiven what her cellmate did to her. But knowing these characters once can be sure that the cellmate is going to come to her with some sort of sob story about how she was conned and since she is the only person that she knows will ask her for help. This being a drama and all Eun Dong will thus allow her to stay with her. Whether or not that turns out to be a good thing or not remains to be seen. For instance, has the friend actually come because she was desperate or was she planted by Jun Hyuk to keep tabs on Eun Dong. If it is for this reason, then it isn’t such a smart move on her part. On the other hand, if it is the former then it might be possible that the cellmate may regret her earlier actions and then decide to help Eun Dong out of guilt and all. A perfect example could be seen in the drama Sweet Enemy. Over here the female leads cellmate/friend steals from her and runs away with the money only to discover that she has been conned. She ends up getting caught by the female lead later on. At this point they apologize and make up. To further make amends the former cellmates team up to discover the truth and clear the female lead of the charges against her and all. So the writer can go either way. As far as I can tell though the writer doesn’t seem to be headed in this direction as I can’t seem to find much information about the rest of the cast in this show. So at best I can see that her role is simply going to be to reveal the truth later on.

@tulip06 I can’t really blame Tae In about not knowing whether or not Eun Dong got out of jail early. He wasn’t even in the country at the time when the incident happened with her. Infact he had left that department to his friend and lawyer. He had also tried to be helpful when she was released by arranging for her to get a job when she was released as a few things as well as arranging child support for her brother as well. His friend was therefore responsible for informing him that Eun Dong’s sentence had been increased and the reason as to why. The friend didn’t do that because he had his own agenda. Apparently he holds a grudge against that family for some reason as well and wants to take down Jun Hyuk for his own reason. But he knows that he can’t do that without a proper backing. This is the reason why he wants Tae In to grow more powerful in both that company and house. As he stated what was Tae In going to do once he discovered the truth. Return early then what about him gaining power and evidence to take down the family. So in this case I feel that the lawyer friend is more to blame that Tae In. (he would have constantly lied to Tae In if he had asked about Eun Dong)

@crystaltears Welcome to Korean Stealth Technology. The phone is invisible to the naked eye unless you are wearing special contact lenses or cameras. (thus only we viewers can see it.) or Eun Dong who must be wearing said lenses or perhaps it is linked to her DNA signature thus only she can see it. or she hopes that people will stand and quickly talk thus not notice the phone. Will call that it was a smart move on her part to plant that phone. Guess she can’t afford one of those recording devices that she could have planted under the table for better results and all.

@calledtoteach Who are we talking about growing up? Eun Dong?

@maribella Amnesia is certainly a good plot point. So we can have her current husband rescue her and then look after her. Thus the two of them eventually fall in love and get married. Or it could be that she is under the impression that the chairman was responsible for everything and thus doesn’t want to do anything to do with him. So perhaps the other party told her that while they would keep Ji Hoon since he is blood and thus their responsibility she could take a hike and they are taking him on the orders of the chairman. She may have thought that since Ji Hoon was with the chairman he was in good hands and thus never went to check up on him. She might have tried to kill herself because she might have felt betrayed and all. Though even if she does have amnesia I doubt that can really change the story/relationship at this point. The adults are all married so it doesn’t seem like a simple divorce is going to solve the problem. Plus, on top of this she seems to be in love with her current husband and vice versa. So unless he ends up dying due to a stroke or something she will stay where she is same with the chairman. At most he can divorce his wife for her actions or for her brothers etc..

@Lmangla Unfortunately Ji Hoon is a few brain cells short. To some extent he must feel that family is important and wont betray him. Plus, it might also be that he hopes that if he shows that he isn’t a threat all will be well. thus he plans on showing that he isn’t interested in running the company. Meaning that they are welcome to it. all that he wants is a good time or better yet be accepted in his family. As a kid we could tell that he didn’t want to return home because back there he had an evil stepmother. As a kid he probably recognized that she sensed him as a threat since she wanted the company for her own child than him and thus wanted him to disappear etc.. his current behavior must be a self-defense mechanism on his part (like a few drama characters) Unfortunately the more he gets involved in the company just to take Tae In down the more problems it will cause. We also know that Eun Dong is going to secretly help him out for her own personal reasons aka revenge. So things might get a bit interesting. But we will have to wait and see how they turn out.

@maribella Well then fortunately for us this happens to be a 100 episode show. Can’t say what Korean Etiquettes are about eavesdropping. Since if we take dramas at face value then face slaps should be a norm over there as well or drenching someone with a glass of water. All totally acceptable and what not. As for why Seo Ju’s mother bothered to change her daughter’s name but not her own can easily be explained. It would help in legitimizing her daughters claim to the company. If people hear the daughters name, they would automatically associate her with the chairman and wouldn’t doubt her to be his biological daughter and all. As for her own name she probably wouldn’t care all that much. Since if her daughter gets the company that would be her primary aim and she would know that the daughter would look after her so in the end she still wins. Now one can easily imagine what would have happened if the daughter retained her original name. Also she might have felt that changing her name wouldn’t have helped her in the long run as the head directors would probably consider her as the second wife assuming that they knew that the chairman remarried or whatever. So she wouldn’t be able to fool anybody but by the time her daughter grew up their might be a small change in management that they wouldn’t realize this and since they daughter carried the chairman’s name they would assume that she was his biological daughter as I mentioned earlier. As for the mother being a kidnapper. Wouldn’t put it past her but so far there doesn’t seem to be any kind of indication of that. Plus, I see no point of further confusing the viewers later on with this fact. In regards to her taking over the company from day one. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. After all that was probably what the brother thought of in the first place and possibly let her know of his plans. The only thing that he didn’t take into account was that she would get so into her role that she would decide not to share the company and instead keep it for herself. Nobody likes to get sold into marriage especially in these modern times.

@kdramaaddict01 Welcome to the world of Dailies. Just a friendly piece of advice. Get ready to get frustrated a lot. Perhaps keep something handy to throw in said frustration (just don’t let it be your computer or phone). Also try and wonder where the brains are for the main leads. Etc..

@Saja LaLet me try and help you out with your questions. No he probably doesn’t know that his cousin was responsible for sending her to prison. He wouldn’t be so polite towards him if that was the case. The guy isn’t all that smart so he thinks that she was probably used by Tae In to some extent to help him take down his cousin and when her use was done he dumped her. Guy is a bit dense after all and believes whatever his family tells him. Why was she sent to prison is a bit hard to answer since even it doesn’t make sense to me? Sorry. I think there were a few reasons why they charged her (probably wouldn’t work in real life). Firstly she supposedly beat up the bully (which happened to be Jun Hyuk’s sister), Secondly they charged her with badmouthing the company/hospital without evidence which would affect them due to stock prices falling and losing customers etc.. and probably other stuff that doesn’t make sense. Also don’t remember all the details so sorry about that once again. As for Eun Dong trusting Tae In. I think it was more along the line of them being in the same boat. His father’s heart had been intercepted and sent to the chairman instead. She probably expected that he would want justice for his father since his life was endangered this way that he would seek out justice for him. Unfortunately, he decided to look the other way once they promised a new heart for his father. Much to his shock later on it was discovered that he had to pay a much heavy price for his betrayal since the heart belonged to her father. Where is the bully now? Who knows. If I know enough dramas she probably caused some major trouble as a kid (more bullying that she couldn’t get out or something) that her parents decided to pack her off to the States or somewhere like that. She doesn’t appear to be at home so this makes sense. Or she has gone abroad for further studies and will try and come back in some position to rival Eun Dong’s but so far I can’t see what that can be or how she can even be her rival. Her other family seem to have more prominent roles in this show that I doubt that we even need her at this point.

@fanofr That drama was Mysterious Personal Shopper. Did have its issues. Infact I probably joked about some of them.

@LeftCoastOppa As Jun Hyuk has so eloquently pointed out he has set up the situation that Eun Dong is going to have a hard time believing the truth even if he told her that. He could show her evidence but she might feel that it was fabricated at this point. After all, Hye Won could easily doctor the reports meant for the chairman and his dad. So it wouldn’t be hard to believe that he could do the same. It also doesn’t help that she spotted her cellmates file in his room. The only way she is going to discover the truth is either she overhears Jun Hyuk talking about this to someone else about how he pulled a fast one over her and she has no idea about it or her former cellmate confesses the truth. Also it is far easier to believe this lie after all she trusted him at one point and he already betrayed her so anything that he tells her she would have her doubts to its authenticity.

@Lmangla Probably he got all of his plans from the Drama Villain Handbook.

@chococarmela On a side note in regards to your point on Two Mothers. (sorry for the delay in responding) I think that another issue with that drama was that you just couldn’t go along with the so called revenge plot. Normally when a character is out for revenge they have been wronged or betrayed by someone that they love or trust. Or their family has been hurt by one of the above or some other reason. Thus we can generally understand and support their revenge motivations. Thus cheer on whenever their plan comes to fruition and the wronged party takes any kind of hit. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case in this drama. The second female lead was clearly bonkers and her revenge plan was equally the same. Thus we couldn’t support her at all. I think that the writer was also bad at maths in that show as well. But that might just be me.

Anyway that will be all from my end for the time being. So take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to watching the latest episode. Also sorry for such a long post. Will probably add something later on when I can recall what I missed.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the end of ep 16 and preview feels a bit misleading and doubt we are getting an affair/triangle this early in the drama. more likely, it is someone's imagination that he might be stepping out on her.

That's a possibility but the preview seemed to indicate it was more than just her imagination.  We'll know before long!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, fanofr said:

I have seen Park Hana in only one drama. Forgot the title. Hana’s character was switched at birth. She was the lead. Her acting was simply dreadful. That was last year’s drama & I don’t see ant improvement at all.  if it doesn’t get interesting real soon then I am out of here. 

Mysterious shop assistant or something like that. She's still not a favorite .

@yamiyugi  she tried to kill herself because she lost Ji Hoon. She had jumped into the sea and Chairman Han's  man told him that she may be dead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

.. wow finally slapping :D

how funny it’s, these woman could all be TI women  , The past , The present, The future :joy:

Gang of TI girls. 

Aha ,I like it:glasses:

And that Slappppp     Fachcchak!!!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 4

Just saw episode 17 with subs.

Hummm....So now I know why TI wept .That man has equal reasons to distroy JooHyuk as ED.What scumbags Joohyuk and his father are ! Joohuk made HW abort TI 's child ! HW though a witch is  still pitiful .She faced the wrath for being TI's woman :(

So TI is marrying SJ to oust  Joohyuk ! Coz SJ won't be harmed for being his woman coz she is equally powerful as Joohyuk  !

Now I understand why he is so protective to ED, it's his guilt plus Joohyuk himself.May be in future he would try to couple up JiHoon and ED (Well ,he already is ! ) . Coz with him  ED will be unsafe sooner or later.ED already has soft corner for TI and may unknowingly fall for him which SJ  and Joohyuk will easily sniff .So same SJ who slapped HW for TI will slap ED for TI and Joohyuk will do same to ED as what he did to HW. ED would be better off with Jiihoon  until Joohyuk is finished and SJ realises that sharing is caring and caring brings love and happiness .B)

• Like 4

Do you notice how thin SJ is? Is she a model turned actress?

I watched part of the episode. When HW pushed into the hotel room and TI looked helpless.... man just grab her and throw her out. Then the modelling bit... oh please...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Things are moving fast. Is this a Kdrama?

HW got her hands on some papers and she had sent it out to many. I think it's ED's jail record. Of course she's out of a job. Ji Hoon met TI's mum and it looks like our next big revelation is their relationship. The Chairman happens to see TI's mum on the street. :rolleyes:

Can SJ marry TI? She is step sister to TI's stepbrother.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maribella said:

Can SJ marry TI? She is step sister to TI's stepbrother.

seo ju is already starting to get nervous and is getting possessive over tae in. won't be surprised if we find out that they are already legally married and then the secrets spill out. ^_^

that slap was super fun to watch -- eun dong looked like she was having the time of her life. it has dawned on eun dong that the way to hurt hye won is through seo ju. hye won is an idiot who will put herself in stupid positions like going to the hotel room as she is desperate to protect herself and this will end up making her look more and more bad. will we get more slaps? kekekek...

am becoming partial to seo ju and tae in pairing now. before he ran out like an idiot, their awkward hotel date was kind of cute and quite a bit of strange chemistry that was interesting to watch. he could have at least slipped the ring  on her finger before running off. he is so innocent if he thought she would be waiting for him in the room still. :sweatingbullets:

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I wish she had  more happy role, but heck when have daily dramas even been  happy?

the last 5 minutes before they put a caption that says "thank you for watching" :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Can anyone let me know what TI said at the restaurant?

It is just me, but these two (TI and ED) has this amazing ability to dis-include everyone around them when they converse.... Its like they were just the two of them there conversing and others just disappear ....  

Anyway, I'm liking ED and TI chemistry..... Sure, right now its guilt that is making TI agreeing to ED and protecting her, i would very much like to see what TI can do once he realized that he is actually falling for ED....   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Saja La said:

Can anyone let me know what TI said at the restaurant?

It is just me, but these two (TI and ED) has this amazing ability to dis-include everyone around them when they converse.... Its like they were just the two of them there conversing and others just disappear ....  

Anyway, I'm liking ED and TI chemistry..... Sure, right now its guilt that is making TI agreeing to ED and protecting her, i would very much like to see what TI can do once he realized that he is actually falling for ED....  

ED was drunk and indirectly asked why he did not tell her the truth that it was Joonhyuk not him who extended her jail period .TI was quit mortified and somehow dodged the question.

But later on , in studio he told her to forget everything and live her life. Further he answered her question saying it was his karma since  he broke his promise to her so he would still  always be guilty even though he did not extend her jail period .

ED cried and said it changes nothing ,she still hates him anyways as he left her and her father . To this TI said he will accept whatever she does to him it's just that she should never let Joohyuk know that now she knows the truth.To this ED looked on coz she did understand why TI said that.

I too am liking TI ED chemistry they have this  invisible connect which makes them stand out even in crowd. It's not love , neither it's hate now ,it's just that they now know how painfully they have lived those years . One is guilty while another wants the payback.Though I feel now ED no more wants revenge from TI ,she wants his acceptance and recognition .Somehow  she is still the same schoolgirl who had crush on him .  

@Lmangla SJ  TI  do look good at present. But they won't last long ,thanks TI ED special connect .

ED is acting smart and will surely dig her own grave and to some extent TI's as well  while fighting against Joohyuk . So TI will have to protect ED this time . SJ has a weak point , a jailed father and I am very much sure her mother has done lot of dirty politics as well . So she will have to pay for them . Ah I that Karma!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1