[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

10 hours ago, crystaltears said:

Ep 13 how did no one notice that big phone glued under the table like that :joy:

surprised that no one kicked the table. kekeke... and why did she use a phone? there are so many small listening devices. guess she was in jail and didn't watch any of these detective shows? ^_^

she seems to have no interest in tae in and wants him to marry seo ju. basically she wants all of them to fight each other while she stands back and watches like a queen and sees who she can manipulate. kekekek...

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

This acting, or lack of, is way over the top.  I can’t take any more of this 2-year-oldesque shrieking and squealing.  I’ll check back when she grows up.

This is what makes the show so unwatchable! I love Park Hana but this is getting on my nerves... she seems more like a one-dimensional villain

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I have seen Park Hana in second leads and the range of acting was quite limited. She's played spoilt rich girl in those shows. 
But her 'meltdown'  if you can call the overdone facial movements and shrieks is just over the top, just like the actor Ji Hoon. He looks like he is waiting for his cue, even when ED is emoting. Should I go or should I stay.....

edit: so predictable.

Chairman Han collapses, HJH's identity is revealed to ED and he is yelling a lot, of course that means the marriage meeting is postponed. We know it's too soon for HJH and the Chairman to meet the bio mother.

We know a bit more now. HJH was snatched from her, not abandoned. She  threw herself into the sea. I am smart enough or have watched so many Kdramas that I know she has amnesia and will not recognise Chairman Han till many more episodes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

it looks like chairman han hid his rich status from tae in's mom. or was he just a salaried worker at that point? and how does he not know that ji hoon was snatched from her? what exactly happened here?

am liking the way eun dong uses the truth as a weapon to glare at people. it was quite entertaining to see her challenge hye won with "tell how you know me." wonder how the gossip mill will affect eun dong and tae in. people at the office are already whispering of an affair. will seo ju get more suspicious since hye won has already put it in her head that eun dong should be watched? and do stylists just waltz in and out of changing rooms? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, calledtoteach said:

Are TI and J H brothers?

think they should be step brothers. hye won's mom told tae in's mom to stop being so dramatic about the breakup as she wasn't even his biological mother. perhaps tae in's mom had amnesia like @maribella guesses and he married her when she didn't have a place to go. she seems to have raised tae in as he doesn't treat her differently and calls her mom. 

does hye won have a few brain cells missing? she is nowhere the level of cunning of her husband jun hyuk. she seems to think that if she can push eun dong and tae in with insinuating of an affiar, then somehow the family will believe. but there's a huge flaw in that plan as all eun dong need to do is open her mouth and reveal how she knows hye won and that won't end well for her regardless. still, the episodes are entertaining as you see them all back stabbing each other.

hospital chairman and wife are hilariously bad at hiding their glee that parents meeting got cancelled. myung hee is a smart cookie and knows her brother as well as sister-in-law. she really is an interesting character as she both tolerates these leeches but then puts them in place very sharply with very quick decisive actions. in other dramas, it would be frustrating to watch the evil characters as there's no one to put them in check till a good 50+ episodes have passed. here, all the negative characters are in a precarious position and so they cannot easily get their way because of characters like myung hee. it looks like hye won will face the wrath of not treating chairman when she was asked to.

ji hoon says that without chairman han, he has no one on his side. if he is aware that he is in a pit of vipers, then why on earth does he want to work with jun hyuk of all people? and he is even nice to hye won's mom. ummm, okay. be innocent till you get punched in the face. ^_^

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

56 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

does hye won have a few brain cells missing? she is nowhere the level of cunning of her husband jun hyuk. she seems to think that if she can push eun dong and tae in with insinuating of an affiar, then somehow the family will believe. but there's a huge flaw in that plan as all eun dong need to do is open her mouth and reveal how she knows hye won and that won't end well for her regardless. still, the episodes are entertaining as you see them all back stabbing each other.

Exactly! This is why I hope Hye Won will ended up being a scapegoat.

The more I see Seo Ju, the more I like her. She's sharp and straighforward. If she hates Hye Won she will make her know that she hates her. At this point ED is not making any big moves, other than helping Chairman Han... 

Guess what, another eavesdropping scene!!!! I so sick of watching these scenes. Don't you know there will be passerbys when the room is next to the corridor???? And "coincidentally" TI managed to hear CJH's plan!!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Guess what, another eavesdropping scene!!!! I so sick of watching these scenes. Don't you know there will be passerbys when the room is next to the corridor???? And "coincidentally" TI managed to hear CJH's plan!!! 

kekeke... it kind of makes it fun that everyone is rather inept. :joy: there are no evil masterminds! so rather than some grand revenge, basically all of them are so idiotic that the chances of falling into the pits by themselves is high. am watching this as an unintended revenge comedy! LOL.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

Exactly! This is why I hope Hye Won will ended up being a scapegoat.

The more I see Seo Ju, the more I like her. She's sharp and straighforward. If she hates Hye Won she will make her know that she hates her. At this point ED is not making any big moves, other than helping Chairman Han... 

With 120 episodes, the writer has to throw in some ridiculous thing like revealing one's diabolical plans with the door ajar. I am getting a feeling that eavesdropping is not considered bad mannered in Korea. Good people, bad people, men,women and children are doing it in kdramas.

@Lmangla it may turn out to be that SJ's mother has planned to takeover the company from day one. Her brother did say, after all my hard work to get you to marry him. Don't you think it strange to change your daughter's name but maintaining your own when you remarried? What happened to the bio father? Heaven's forbid if SJ is a kidnapped kid, we may get 130 episodes. :lol:.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, maribella said:

With 120 episodes, the writer has to throw in some ridiculous thing like revealing one's diabolical plans with the door ajar. I am getting a feeling that eavesdropping is not considered bad mannered in Korea. Good people, bad people, men,women and children are doing it in kdramas.

@Lmangla it may turn out to be that SJ's mother has planned to takeover the company from day one. Her brother did say, after all my hard work to get you to marry him. Don't you think it strange to change your daughter's name but maintaining your own when you remarried? What happened to the bio father? Heaven's forbid if SJ is a kidnapped kid, we may get 130 episodes. :lol:.

myung hee is easily one of the more interesting characters as we still haven't got a clear read of her history and motivations. for example, what exactly did her brother do to get chairman han to marry her? and how does ji hoon fit into the picture? since ji hoon was supposed to be snatched from his mom and not abandoned, what role did myung hee and her brother play in this? myung hee comes across as really ambitious woman who would have taken over the company if she was married to someone weak. instead, chairman han in his own right is a very smart man who keeps his power tightly in his hands. so he can't be easily manipulated. despite raising ji hoon, she clearly does not see him as her child and seo ju also sees him as competition. so what exactly was the master plan while marrying chairman han? however, she does seem to genuinely care about chairman han and is easily riled if his health is not well cared for by her brother or hye won... yea, am curious as well about the bio father of seo ju and where exactly she came from.... it would be rather amusing if she was kidnapped as well -- after all, we have so many tropes, might as well throw in another one! ^_^

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:16 PM, Secretz said:

I really want ED to be with JH but that wouldn't be unlikely since TI is the male lead here. So ED and JH shippers should be disappointed.

Hi I'm new to this k-drama, i actually only started watching this at ep 11 ish... But seriously, i really can't stand JH somehow, so i don't want ED to ends up with him... In Ep 15,  JH was one really annoying character to watch.... Talk about grabbing the WRONG end of the stick...

By the way, does JH knows why and who sent ED to prison? That it was his cousin that sent ED to prison... By the way, why was ED sent to prison in the first place....? And why did ED trust TI so much...?

I tried watching ep 1, but couldn't watch past ED's dad knelling.... And what happened to the rich bully girl ? 

• Like 4

Back to commenting after a long time.

Why? Coz I have enough time in this Corona  lockdown:D

Well I am watching this coz of Go Se won , I liked him in Here comes love.Though I  like his character more in this drama , hope we see him smiling and in light mood rather then always  brooding and guilty .

i like TaeIn ,he is mature and intense.A  Self made man , a caring son and a much needed resource for his company .He did fail Eun Dong and is guilty of it .As far as his character goes he will try his best to redeem himself and help Eun Dong to live a better life.Even though there is a big age difference between TI and ED , I am still expecting a deep and intense connection between them which may further develop into love.

In this 15 episodes , all I understood is that it is Jung hyuk knowingly  and Hye won unknowingly will force TI and ED together while jee hoon will try to get ED and that chairman daughter TI.

Jee hoon is too immature and childish to suit ED who herself is not mature enough She needs a strong and wise support which TI will silently give.He is not parrot like Jeehoon who will clamour his love for ED, well he does not love her anyways. All TI feels towards ED right now is guilty,pity and a sense of protection.

ED will slowly grow and mature once she knows the real situation.She won't be able to hate TI long instead will slowly identify with him and realise how hard it has been for him as she will face the  same .

i am looking forward for better plots from Joon Hyuk side to crush TI and ED and which in contrast will make them fight together.Let's see how Hye won and chairman daughter plot to crush ED making TI and Jeehoon to stand for her.

• Like 4

Seo Ju is still the only character I like (although several are a least becoming potentially interesting.)  Not buying Tae In at all, while he did treat ED horribly and needs to make it up to her how is treating Seo Ju terribly the right way to go?

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 2:01 AM, maribella said:

I have seen Park Hana in second leads and the range of acting was quite limited. She's played spoilt rich girl in those shows. 
But her 'meltdown'  if you can call the overdone facial movements and shrieks is just over the top, just like the actor Ji Hoon. He looks like he is waiting for his cue, even when ED is emoting. Should I go or should I stay.....

edit: so predictable.

Chairman Han collapses, HJH's identity is revealed to ED and he is yelling a lot, of course that means the marriage meeting is postponed. We know it's too soon for HJH and the Chairman to meet the bio mother.

We know a bit more now. HJH was snatched from her, not abandoned. She  threw herself into the sea. I am smart enough or have watched so many Kdramas that I know she has amnesia and will not recognise Chairman Han till many more episodes.

I have seen Park Hana in only one drama. Forgot the title. Hana’s character was switched at birth. She was the lead. Her acting was simply dreadful. That was last year’s drama & I don’t see ant improvement at all.  if it doesn’t get interesting real soon then I am out of here. 

• Like 2