[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

must say I really like the smackdown that chairman's wife gives the hospital chairman, hye won and hye won's mom. she has this manner where she pretends to be listening and does not say much in the beginning and then gives her smackdown and cuts them down. none of their excuses or emotional blackmail works on her. it is actually rather hilarious to watch. ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

On 4/10/2020 at 2:16 PM, jasmine19 said:

Hopefully, “Fatal Promise” could compare with “The (Heaven’s) Promise” and Eun-Dong, in this drama, could compete with legendary Na-Yeon, in “The (Heaven’s) Promise”.  

Um, I believe you're likely to be disappointed because ED is quite irrational unlike NY, which took a long time for everyone to find out she's imposting her twin. Plus, NY's mother, sister and daughter died so I don't think ED's anger will be as much as hers.

20 hours ago, chococarmela said:

don’t ship ED with anyone. I just want a daily drama where the FL ends up single! I get tired of the romance sometimes.

Me too, but this kdramaland. Althought I like watching kdramas, I hate to admit that most dramas are like brainwashing you that you must go to college, you must have a job, you must get married, you must have child and parents will freak out of they find out you're gay. Yes, VIP was an exception but most protagonists ended up with their partners.

6 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

Until know, I still wonder as to what ethics or philosophy lesson these dramas (and other similar dramas) want to convey to the audience.   

Ikr, kdrama logic. 

Also, can we forget Ester from Left Handed Wife (now that's a title that's quite relevant to the plot)? Her sins were magically forgotten after she sided with the Park's family, and she did it out of greed. Yes, she did contribe something to the Parks but that doesn't mean she didn't do anything wrong in the beginning. Hello? She stole your husband for YEARS and you're just going to forget about it?

About episode 10, when ED asked the prison girl who bribed her, she literally stared at JH's photo, and ED even asked if it isn't him, but no, ED instantly believed her when she chose TI's photo. I highly doubt that would be the case with Na-Yeon.

I really want ED to be with JH but that wouldn't be unlikely since TI is the male lead here. So ED and JH shippers should be disappointed.

• Like 3

Surprisingly I am enjoying this show more than I expected. Park Hana on the other hand seems to be picking up from her previous role (Mysterious Personal Shopper) in more than one way. So not only is she back to crying like in this show (and we haven’t even reached the tenth episode yet) but also she is into sewing clothes like in that drama + being stylist as a side job. Almost like a personal shopper LoL.

Anyway now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

For now the main thing that makes this show interesting is the fact that almost each of the characters have their own agenda and it is a bit hard to figure out their true motives.

For instance, let’s look at the rich sister that Tae-In is going to marry now. One would have thought that she could have been a potential ally to Eun Dong since they had a common enemy to get rid of aka Hye Won. Okay that seemed a bit unlikely due to the love triangle that they would have found themselves in. But regardless of that before the last few episodes one would think that she might have been somewhat of a nice character. Instead it turns out that she is just as greedy and ambitious as the rest of her family and wants the entire company for herself. She doesn’t even want to share it with her stepbrother. Clearly she takes after her mother in this regards. Not only that but she is just as cold hearted to prevent her cousin to do the same.

Still the show can get slightly interesting if the writer can develop her a bit more. For instance, let’s take her future marriage into consideration. Clearly as of now it’s a business one since both parties get what they want out of it. He gets to take down her cousin and in return she gets the company. So how can we make this more interesting. We know that he is public enemy number one for her family. The only one that is on his side from over there has to be her father. Other than that the rest of them all disapprove of him for various reasons. The only reason that rich sister and her mother approve of him is because of their own agenda to take over the company. The best way to do that is to win over their father’s loyal man to their side it also helps that he is competent in this department.

So how can we add more of an interesting twist to this. In this case we can make it that the rich sister actually has feelings for Tae-In. But she knows as pointed above that nobody in her family is going to approve of him. She therefore needs a good excuse that the remaining members will buy so that they can approve of him. Thus she recommends that she needs him so that she can take over the company. Since her mother would naturally want that she is going to agree to that. Plus, if she gets her mother’s approval she knows that the mother is going to take care of the remaining concerns in the way as we are seeing. I am going to further assume that while she initially knows that he isn’t interested in her and is only accepting her offer as a business deal that he will eventually fall in love with her and thus she gets a better deal by the end of the day. Meaning she gets both the company as well as the man that she loves. But if they are simply going to make her one dimensional such as only wanting to use him to take over the company then she isn’t going to be all that interesting.

Okay there is something that is a bit unclear to me. I will openly admit I at times have a bit of an issue recognizing people in these dramas. The scenes either go a bit too fast even if I try and slow them down. Then again sometimes these characters look a lot alike to me at times. (weird since when normally people find similarities I don’t and when I do they don’t). anyway back to the question that I was making.

Ji Hoon’s dad is looking at the picture of his son’s birth mother and asks someone to locate her. We then transition into the scene where Tae-In’s family is. So my question is. was the picture the same as his mother. As viewers we have all come to expect that almost every character is connected to each other even if they don’t know that. So it makes sense that his mother could also be Ji Hyun’s birth mother as well. This can not only make for another interesting plot point but also for family dynamics as well. For instance, at present if this is true then he is plotting to take down his step brother and hand over the company to his evil stepsister. Yes, now that is interesting. Though some of the viewers might get the feeling that since he is marrying his stepsister that might be a bit of an icky situation. Fortunately, they don’t share a drop of blood. So the writer saves the day. But regardless of the fact if it turns out to be true it still isn’t nice as long as she is under her father’s family registry.

Was pretty sure I had similar issues in another drama that I was watching where the female lead ends up with her stepbrother. My solution was simple. If the writer was going to push ahead with that pairing, then one of the two (parent/child) would have to cut off their family relationship over there. I was of the idea that it would have been better for the mother to do so since she initially married into his family and became his stepmother. But they didn’t do that over there so I won’t have high hopes in this one. Even though both dramas are by different writers. Though in that drama atleast they guy was still decent and likable. The same can’t be said about rich sister. The only thing that I do enjoy watching about her is that she can give Hye Won and her mother trouble. So there is that. I probably can understand her wanting to protect her marriage down the line when Eun Dong will try to take her revenge but as usual I won’t be able to approve of all the stunts that she will take to get rid of her. I am already guessing she will try to lock Eun Dong in an empty room or is that more of Hye Won’s doing. We will have to wait and see.

Now comes the topic of the pairing of Eun Dong and Tae-In. I really hope that they don’t end up together as well but we will need to wait and see how that turns out. I am going to give the romance on this pairing a pass for the time being. I really won’t bring up the age difference between them for the time being. Will start by pointing out that what she had for him was a crush. Probably her second. But by the end of the day it must be over by now. Considering all the lies that she is being fed that he was the one responsible for extending her prison sentence and not only that but also him betraying her to get a rise in said family and company. As for him I doubt that he will fall in love with her as well. Too much drama for him as well. He initially loved Hye Won so he didn’t have time for her then and now he still won’t because he feels to guilty for what has been done to her by his direct and indirect actions. We will probably have to wait and see how it goes. Since this is a revenge drama she might try and seduce him so that he gets into trouble with his In Laws. Whether this ends up in him having an affair or breaking of the engagement remains to be seen. But in that case we might have an issue since he would have fallen in love with her only to be ditched.

As for Eun Dong what I like about her. She is very open about her agenda if the proper people ask her about it. she openly declares her intent for war and how she intends to take revenge on all of those that have wronged her and her family. Though I am unsure if that makes her all kinds of smart or dumb. I mean how can you have your revenge if everyone knows about it and thus will be on their guard. For instance, take the second lead for example. If he didn’t know about her he wouldn’t have been able to take precautions to cover his tracks and thus contact her former cellmate to lie to her who was the one responsible for increasing her jail time. This way he gets her not only of his back but has her focusing her time and revenge on the wrong person. Well not completely wrong since he is indeed partially responsible for her staying there. But that is another point altogether.

Now while we are on the topic of betrayal and all. I noticed @maribella brought up the point about the heart transplant and how Tae-In is suddenly in a huff about how they used poor Eun Dong’s father as the donor and how he didn’t expect them to pull such a trashy move like that. I think that there could be two possible explanations to his reaction. The first one is that he could actually be that naïve and think that they would do something right by the book for a change considering all the dirt that he had on them. Not only that but he might have thought that the next heart would automatically go to his dad since they bumped the chairman to intercept the heart that was meant for his father then technically that means that his father should still be next in line to get his heart. So he wouldn’t be stealing someone elses spot. Unfortunately, there was a time constraint that he didn’t consider. His father not only needed one quick but he also gave them a deadline to do so fast otherwise he would have revealed their crimes. This made them desperate.

The other reason that could be for his reaction could be that he probably expected them to get the heart in a shady manner. Not that he would care since he was trying to save his father by any means necessary. The problem came when he knew who the recipient was. It is entirely one thing to intercept a heart from a total stranger since he wouldn’t care about said person as he wouldn’t know them at all. On the other hand, knowing the person makes him feel guiltier as it makes it all the more real. Another reason why doctors use the confidentiality agreement is to protect both parties. As either can harass the other one if they know the identity of the party. Such as if one decides to not donate their organs the recipient or their family can go and harass them into doing so or perhaps the donors family may not be aware of his donation. Especially after their death and the recipient shows up at the family’s doorstep which can end up resulting shocking them. etc.. so in this case he sorts of feels responsible for her father’s death since he knew them.

Though while we are on this topic the real question we need to ask ourselves is whether or not her father was actually brain dead or was that something that Hye Won made to get rid of him. We know after all that she has mastered the art of doctoring reports when she not only bumped up the chairman’s surgery but also intercepted the heart meant for Tae-In’s father. So I won’t be surprised if this was the case over here as well. Eun Dong was smart to doubt the veracity of her statement that her father was brain dead and all but at the end of the day she has no real idea of what a person looks like and has to accept the doctor’s words and if Hye Won can get other doctors to take her side then Eun Dong had no real chance. perhaps we can expect Hye Won to blame Eun Dong for killing her own father.

@Ameera Ali for the gifs as usual. Funny as ever. But I do have a bit of an issue with your assessment regarding people close to the female lead and making their own assumptions which end up making things worse. I am pretty sure she was spot on over there. He was certainly avoiding Eun Dong ever since he discovered what the second leads did to their fathers and thus out of guilt. Yes, they don’t know about this fact and thus assume that he betrayed her to get a leg up. So they are atleast half correct in their assumption. Plus, if he wasn’t trying to avoid her then he wouldn’t have stopped going to see her. In this case I don’t think there could be any way to make things worse. Well since neither side is clarifying their stance then it therefore will become worse since the wrong sides will end up getting hurt. The sad part to all this is that Tae-In will silently take everything that she throws at him because he will think that he deserves it. come to think of it that isn’t all that sad since he is indeed partially responsible for it. when you make a deal with the deal you better be ready to pay it back no matter the cost.

As for the second one. I think Ji Hoon is to blame for those assumptions all on himself. Problem here is that he probably doesn’t know Tae-In all that well. since they probably have no real reason to interact and all. Thus his information on him is pretty much all that he has heard from his family. We all know how they think about him. They are threatened by the guy because not only is he more competent at his job then all of them together he was also more honest. Since he wouldn’t side with their corruption. Basically they hate his guts. So even when they are wrong they tend to play the victim card and how they have been framed and how the chairman is blinded by Tae-In that he believes every single word compared to those that are family. In this case it would make sense that he would side with family and his perception would be clouded by what he has heard all along. Then again he isn’t all that smart. He already believes Jun Hyuk when he tells him that Tae In is planning on marrying his sister because he has an agenda and is thus taking advantage of his poor sister who is totally unaware of his devious plans and all. So he will try his level best to try and stop him even if this means becoming Jun Hyuk’s puppet along the way.

Things may certainly get interesting if Eun Dong decides to marry him because then she will try her level best to ensure that he gets the company just so that the others don’t get it. though she might think that later on she can take it over. Regardless if she can prevent Jun Hyuk and his family from taking it over will be a major win. But then again I seem to forget that his sister and mother are no angels so I guess they shouldn’t get a dime as well unless they show some sort of major change in their behavior.

@tulip06 nice to see someone else who remembers the doctor ladys role as Sena from her previous drama. Someone nicknamed her the snake over there LoL though to me she is better known as the vampire wanna be. (Blood)

@Ameera Ali yes we all certainly can blame the second leads for everything. Though one has to think that they are perfect for each other. Both of them aren’t hesitant to commit a crime or play with the lives of others. I had initially though that Ji Hyun would be responsible for arranging for Eun Dongs fathers heart to be transplanted in Tae-In’s father. But to my surprise it was all Hye Won. She is just as ruthless as him. Perhaps that is what attracted them to each other in the first place.

@tulip06 Nope have no issue suspending my disbelief at this point that she got a job working at a high end bridal shop. She must have used her connections from Mysterious Personal Shopper to snag that post. But I am sure that we will find numerous other drama logic fails if we sit around and watch them carefully. At the moment I just am not in the mood to do so.

@maribella As far as I can tell you are correct she is the stepdaughter. There is no way her mother would have allowed her to take over the company otherwise. We know that she was probably nasty towards Ji Hoon and was also indirectly responsible for him going missing back in the day since she considered him a threat. From what I gathered the stepmother was previously married and had a daughter from said marriage or relationship. Her brother thought that he could live it up if she married his friend and that his family shouldn’t have an objection since he was also single at that time as well. thus those two don’t share a drop of blood.

Come to think about it you know what would actually be funny is if it turns out that their significant others were dumped and ended up marrying each other aka Tae-In’s parents. Not that would be a blast.

@Ameera Ali you know what would have been more funny to your comment. If he had certainly brought some more documents. Marriage Documents that is. :) 

@Lmangla I think that Hye Won is hard to read. How did she manage to pull the wool over Tae In’s eyes when she was even living with Jun Hyuk and the others. First of all they probably didn’t live there 24/7 he is the only male heir of his family thus I have a hard time believing that his mother would let him stay on his own for long periods without showing up at his place unannounced and discovered the affair way before. (clearly all this is an assumption on my part watching these dramas) This would probably indicate that they probably only spent the weekends over there. Plus, as a doctor she probably works in shifts. She could easily lie to Tae In that she was on one of her shifts when she was instead with Jun Hyuk. He would have no real reason to doubt her. As for why she wanted to be with him if there was no love. I think that she did love him to an extent since she didn’t immediately agree to intercept his father’s heart. Though the affair is a bit puzzling. We have clearly seen how she was at his apartment. One can be sure that they just didn’t spend time reading books (law for him and medical for her LoL) but doing more stuff as well. Yet we saw just how she reacted when he kissed her at his place or was it at the chairman’s place where the daughter caught them in the act. It was like she was forced to accept his kiss. So one has to certainly wonder just what kind of affair those two were having. Did she have an issue with being intimate back then so what exactly changed. Still she is getting her dose of Karma even now. Everyone in his family thinks that she is not only a gold digger but also that she was the one that seduced poor innocent Jun Hyuk etc.. so she is treated accordingly.

@jasmine19 Don’t forget that Park Hana was also in Heavens Promise. Perhaps she was told that this would be a sequel or prequel to it to get her to sign up. So she might have been thinking that she would have another Face Off with Lee Yuri in this one as well. As for Bad Love am watching it. To be honest that drama isn’t all that great. It is decent enough to watch. I pretty much download a week’s episodes and watch it in one batch. It isn’t all that catchy that I would want to watch it as it comes out or wait for it to end and then do so in one go. I will say this that the female lead is slightly smarter than your average female lead since she has managed to outsmart the second atleast twice. But still I don’t think that it can be compared to Heavens Promise. Then again this is my personal opinion. If you like it then that is all that matters.

@Ameera Ali I think he is someone that she needs. She has to many wounds that need to be healed due to her betrayal. His goofy nature may just be what the doctor ordered. It probably would be too much to ask that his nature will make her forget all her pain and slowly her wounds will begin to heal. Frankly I would be okay if she decides to marry him just for her revenge but along the way she actually falls in love with him. Unlike the drama A Place In The Sun. Over there the guy got so hurt when he discovered that he was not only being used but that her previous boyfriend was the true heir that he ended up going bonkers.

@chococarmela wasn’t two mothers like that. The female lead ended up alone. Which actually made sense if one thought about it carefully.

@LeftCoastOppa Yes he was out of the country at that time but we have to remember that she doesn’t know that. Infact he only returned the same day that she got released. But for all she knows is that he remained in Korea and got a better position at the company by betraying/abandon her. Not sure what I think about his friend though. He seems more considerate about his friend’s feelings that he didn’t care about another person’s life getting ruined. I could probably give him a pass if he was unaware of the truth. But this wasn’t the case. Perhaps he could have revealed to her what was going on. This means that not only did Tae In not betray her but so did his friend her lawyer. At this point I am just waiting for the woman and her husband/boyfriend to do the same to her. She really doesn’t have all that good of a track record does she.

Well anyway this seems to cover most of my points for the time being. so till next time take care and keep posting as I am looking forward to reading them. On a side note I think that this drama is more interesting than the previous one but we have just covered ten episodes. So this show can still end up proving me wrong.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

really want ED to be with JH but that wouldn't be unlikely since TI is the male lead here. So ED and JH shippers should be disappointed.

It's barely 10% of the drama, it can still change. Second lead has been known to get the girl. The cover picture has many on it. TI is actually 42 in real life, I did not catch any figure being spoken about his age.

Will this be as big a revenge show as Heaven's Promise?  If the romantic pairing is ED-HJH, we can have a real gut tearing revenge show between ED and TI. We have little background on Chairman Han's wife. Who know's she may be the main antagonist.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

It's barely 10% of the drama, it can still change. Second lead has been known to get the girl. The cover picture has many on it. TI is actually 42 in real life, I did not catch any figure being spoken about his age.

Will this be as big a revenge show as Heaven's Promise?  If the romantic pairing is ED-HJH, we can have a real gut tearing revenge show between ED and TI. We have little background on Chairman Han's wife. Who know's she may be the main antagonist.

Yes I agree. Ji Hoon doesn't have much of a role or purpose in the drama thus far. After rewatching, this drama at first glance looks like the typical  makjang but I feel that it's actually different and evolving so should give it some time for it to get into its groove

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

I see ED and J H as the end game because they were so crazy about each other as children.  Hopefully, it will be sweet once they remember each other.

can't recall a single drama where folks who met as children didn't end up together LOL. it seems to be the golden rule in dramaland -- meet as children, boom! you are set for life! if only that was true for real life. :joy:

29 minutes ago, maribella said:

If the romantic pairing is ED-HJH, we can have a real gut tearing revenge show between ED and TI. We have little background on Chairman Han's wife. Who know's she may be the main antagonist.

it certainly would be! like you said, there have been other dramas where the second lead got the girl. it would be far more interesting if eun dong and tae in took down the family but were not romantic. even eun dong marrying ji hoon for revenge and then falling in love -- classic but always interesting. like @sasha1818 mentions, so far ji hoon does not have much role except being a much needed joker. but just the way he is written, it looks like his role will certainly grow. @yamiyugi ~ agree with you that ji hoon brings in much needed innocence and smiles back to eun dong's life.

@Secretz ~ like @maribella said, we are in early stages and this isn't a romance drama. so we can never tell how it will twist and turn. but I can't really see eun dong - tae in pairing because neither of them are ready to let go of the past. eun dong is so mad and frustrated already. when she knows the entire story, there is no way that she will just accept tae in as faultless. tae in is so filled with guilt that he is literally not able to look at his parents in the eye. so how will he see eun dong in the face? ofcourse that is not guaranteed because in other revenge dramas, random stuff gets forgotten. but the way the drama is written currently, it doesn't look like eun dong will forgive tae in easily and neither will tae in forgive himself. if they do, then story ends because they are not going to be as obsessed with revenge and instead just move on. since this isn't a romantic drama, it is also possible that eun dong just ends up alone in the end. so while I like ji hoon and would prefer to see eun dong/ji hoon pairing, the main thing isn't about who she ends up with but how justice is served.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ofcourse that is not guaranteed because in other revenge dramas, random stuff gets forgotten.

That's what I meant, because sometimes people are so forgiving and the evil people are eventually forgiven by the victims, expect for The Promise of course. I really want ED to be with JH as well, and I really hope ED won't forgive TI easily. 

@maribella I agree, it's too soon to tell, I shouldn't be making assumptions that early. But oh well we'll just see how the drama goes. Hopefully it doesn't flop like the past dramas. 

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the main thing isn't about who she ends up with but how justice is served.

I don't really care much about her relationship, or else I wouldn't be watching this show in the first place,  I'm more curious on how ED are going to kick their butts. I want her to be savage, like Se Yeon on revenge mode, or even better. I'm having my hopes higher than before.

I really hope the evil people will not be pardoned this time, and they get what they deserve. I can sorta sense the ending if they make the plot predictable and cliche, which I hope that's not the case, but it's too soon to tell. It'll be fun if they kill off random characters in the drama, let's see how it goes.

• Like 5

Someone mentioned the Kungdari show, words fail me. Suffice to say Soompians wrote about 4-5 pages and the show was cut short. I was willing to overlook the FL's English who was American bred and the old looking ML, but I could not watch beyond 2-3 episodes, sneaked in to the forum and it was dead. The same actress was in Oh Soon Nam which was such a waste of my time. Not as bad, just two or three of us in the forum. 

In this show, we have a few big revelations coming up. HJH and his mother's identity is one and for ED to find out the real thing about the karaoke girl. I can't wait.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

The female lead ended up alone. Which actually made sense if one thought about it carefully.

I think that’s another reason why people didn’t like the show as much. It did make plenty of sense considering all that considered (wasn’t too much revenge, or at least, not where I’m at.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

* Spend your teenager day behind prison 

* Don’t have boyfriend 

* Got time to feel lonely 

just Call 111 , We got the man for you :D

# 5 stars food :P

ezgif-3-c2037bd83422.gif

#Guaranteed smile on your face :rolleyes:

ezgif-3-862219471a4c.gif

# .. mmm Karaoke  :lol:

# KBS don’t take any responsibility for any cause of deafness or hysterical  reaction  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

** The help we need , when it can be difficult to keep track of what’s what and who’s who :D

Joon Hyuk's mother : Fatal Promise How can I help you 

Q1: Why did he smash the car ?

Joon Hyuk's mother: He want us to walk home :D

15868095591586809552.gif

Q2: TI cut your son leg & hand , he trying to exterminate us  :phew:

Joon Hyuk's mother : Which shaman is it ? ;)

# can I be less dump:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

This drama did not get my attention at all! I completely forgot about it and happened to hit soompi forums by mistake in my browser where I saw my mentions. (Don’t even get me started on Wanna Taste, my other daily, which is best forgotten completely.) 

Gracious Revenge was a good story with fabulous clothes. Same with the one before. Why is this one so lame? Is it because the relationships are confusing?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@Ameera Ali Jun Hyuk's mum has a pea size brain because each yell and scream kills brain cells. She has done a lot of that. Somehow, the writer realises that HJH is not doing well lightening up the mood. HW's MIL is the fallback and she's good at it. I hope to see more of that instead of her being a snob. Or maybe both. She's not going to turn nice.

This episode hints of a second pairing TI and SJ, who seems to care more for TI than she should.

Isn't it too early for ED to start her revenge. Planting the documents is so obvious. TI will figure it out in the next episode.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, maribella said:

@Ameera Ali Jun Hyuk's mum has a pea size brain because each yell and scream kills brain cells.

yeah she one crazy woman :mrgreen: , I can’t believe how she always expected her daughter in-laws to back up her crazy theory 

15868332981586833290.gif

what a coincidence, 

15868336731586833668.gif

• LOL 4

Actually I think the show has potential. There are defn some flaws for example, I get that they want to show Ji Hoon as this innocent, pure naive soul but he is just annoying me now sorry. It's like his mentality is stuck from 7 years ago and he hasn't matured. I'm sure the others want to keep him stupid but some self presevation instincts should kick in

SJ defn likes TI. HW is so annoying I say this in every post but her delusions are amazing. It seems that she does have more guilt than Jun Hyuk though. I can't take the MIL seriously because I was rewatching Temptation of Wife and she was playing a completely different character there LOL

The show is getting interesting because the alliances are crisscrossing. ED is getting smarter. She's going to make a play for JiHoon to enter the family, strengthen her position and really take revenge. I'm sure this will drive Jun Hyuk nuts because Ji Hoon is supposed to be a puppet that HE wants to control lol 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

Ji Hoon as this innocent, pure naive soul but he is just annoying me now sorry. It's like his mentality is stuck from 7 years ago and he hasn't matured. I'm sure the others want to keep him stupid but some self presevation instincts should kick in

it makes him the perfect match for eun dong because she hasn't matured either LOL. so they are both at the same maturity level where they take everything that someone says at face value. neither are thinking of motivations or the actual character of the person. neither bother to do any research to find out the actual truth. in another way, it also makes him the perfect target for eun dong to seduce. no matter what anyone says, he is going to believe that she cares for him and he will choose her. he still has a crush from her all those years ago and he believes that it is possible to be happy. everyone else is cynical and less trusting.

5 hours ago, maribella said:

Isn't it too early for ED to start her revenge. Planting the documents is so obvious. TI will figure it out in the next episode.

am still not able to understand why tae in is her first target. she seems to be obsessed with him rather than the actual culprits jun hyuk and hye won. one would think they would face her first wrath and then tae in. but no, she wants to take down tae in. ummm, the girl needs to focus! first she needs to do some basic research and find out who the family is and how they are related to each other. then, she needs to find out why tae in gave her the job and what he was up to for five years. but the girl is too busy stewing to do anything useful like actually make a plan. instead, she just glares and seems to think this revenge will magically come into focus. it sort of makes her amusing to watch because she is so inept! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I’m watching episode 10, and why can’t ED just confront people straight with anger without sobbing?

And I’ve said this before, I think, but Park Hana makes the weirdest expressions. I am seriously missing the acting from the previous two dramas!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So let me start out by bringing up a point that @Lmangla brought up. That it is a golden rule that if the characters met as children they should be paired up by the end. A good point but that isn’t always the case unless you perhaps are the main leads. Though there can always be exception to these cases as well. For instance, two dramas currently come to mind. The first one would have to be Dream High. The second lead met the female lead as kids and later on helped her out of a jam again when they were adults. I think that he had a crush on her from back then but it seems like she never recognized him and on top of that she ended up with the main lead. Though some people tend to debate who the real main lead was in that drama. Perhaps the first meeting doesn’t count in this since one of them wasn’t the main lead. The other drama that comes to mind has to Feast Of The Gods. Over here the female lead ends up alone though the ending does show that we can hope that she ends up with the other chef down the line (son of her mother’s rival). Perhaps getting lost and having your life swapped with someone else might be the deciding factor in this drama.

So as I pointed out there have been exceptions to this rule. Perhaps there are more dramas where the kids don’t end up together but I can’t seem to recall them at the moment.

Anyway let me get on to the drama itself before I am blamed for getting off topic.

Spoiler

First of all, I am slightly impressed that Seo Ju finally took credit for her mistake and didn’t throw Tae In under the bus like her mother wanted her to. This gives me a slight hope for her. But not much. Also considering this is one of the earlier episodes and all. One would have thought that the family would have tried to cover up this incident for a long time and it would only get revealed somewhere down the line. Unfortunately, since she is too greedy to take over the company as well I can’t like her plus since she didn’t use fair means I know that we can’t always count on her to do the right thing. Though her actions in this episode seem to indicate that her feelings for Tae In seem to be genuine for the time being.

Though while we are still on the topic of her I wonder what exactly is her motivation for taking over the company. For instance, is it purely greed and that is just how she has been brainwashed by her mother or is there more to wanting to take it over. For instance, does she think that she deserves the company and is only being held back because she is a female. A good example of character like that had to be the elder sister in Baker King. Though she did get to run the company by the end of that show. So does she have the same motivations as well. After all her brother doesn’t seem to be all that bright when it comes to running a company to the extent that others are thinking of using him as a puppet to further their own agendas. So is this her way of protecting the company and perhaps even some consideration towards her brother as well.

From what we can see from their interactions they seem to hit it off well. the only thing that indicates that she wants more is her desire to marry Tae In and take over the company for herself. But even then she hasn’t gone out of her way to harm or hurt him.

Something that seems to confuse me and if anyone can explain it I shall be extremely glad about it. Jun Hyuk had certain incriminating documents that he was planning on using to take down Tae In. He claimed that Tae In stole said documents to keep his secret safe and all that when he smashed his car. Though he might have been a bit hesitant when he had that last confrontation with Tae In. Regardless of all this he has those so called stolen documents safely stored in his safe. But then we see in this episode that her mother asks Eun Dong to plant a certain document in Tae In’s office so that he would take the fall. How did she manage to do that if Jun Hyuk had them stored in his safe? For instance, where did he get his own copy. Did she use the contact that she initially signed and did he get his hands on the contact from the company that she signed it with?

For some reason I feel that Eun Dong’s revenge is all over the place. She seems to have the intent of taking the people down that wronged her but other than that nothing. Even her mind games aren’t all that impressing for some weird reason. The only one that seems to be affected by her presence has to be Hye Won. But then again that doesn’t seem to be all that surprising. The rest seem to be entirely oblivious to her. Like I mentioned Tae In is simply going to take all the abuse that she sends his way because he feels like he deserves it. Jun Hyuk doesn’t really care what he did to her and will use force if necessary or do a bit of power abuse but even then not much. The only thing that he has done so far to her is threaten her by sending thugs and all but after that nothing. Granted we are just in the beginning and then we had the current situation so he will be given more time.

Now this brings me to a point that @Lmangla brought up. Why is Eun Dong actually going after Tae In first rather than the actual culprits. A valid point. But in this case I somehow feel that it depends how she feels each of the others has wronged her. For Tae In she trusted him the most. Unfortunately, he left her high and dry after he got what he wanted from her. Yes, he had his reasons but only we as viewers know that. She doesn’t hence is betrayal is the worst for her. On top of all this she thinks that he betrayed her in more than one way when he had her prison sentence extended thanks to convincing her cell mate to frame her and all.

Actually if one thinks about it carefully that could only have happened because this was either a drama or that Jun Hyuk had so much influence that he could control other people in the jail as well to look the mater the other way. If this was real life an investigation would have probably taken place after the incident. Such as statements from both parties taken. The cell mates wound would have been investigated over here they would probably check the angle of the wound and how much injury had taken place and perhaps even check the weapon for fingerprints. Am sure that more than one thing could have easily proven Eun Dong’s innocence. Unfortunately for her she is in a drama where things like this sadly don’t apply.

Anyway back to the point as to why she isn’t focusing her revenge on the others as well. another point is that she probably still doesn’t know exactly just how the others were involved in her father’s accident and why or that is what it seems to me. From what I can gather all that she knows for a fact is that they intercepted the heart that was supposed to be for Tae In’s father for the chairman and that her father had gotten evidence in regards to this. The rest is purely conjecture on her part that Jun Hyuk must be involved in her father’s accident because she knows that her father wouldn’t commit suicide on his own (plus a few other suspicious things as well) but the rest is her gut feeling.

Now what she actually needs to do for her revenge to actually take place are the following things. firstly, try to acquire evidence of their crimes. She may not be able to prove what they did back then since she doesn’t have the evidence anymore and they probably destroyed it by now. But that doesn’t mean that they would have stopped doing shady things. If she can gather evidence of said dealings she can perhaps use them to ruin them and all. Perhaps that is another reason why she planted those documents inside Tae In’s office because she actually feels that he is guilty and thus deserves all that is coming for him. She might even think that those documents are the real thing and not forged. Then again that must be the real reason why she ended up working at the company in the first place. It is just that things didn’t exactly go as planned. She was initially planning on working for the sister. Gain trust in the family and find ways to take them down. Unfortunately for her Tae In instead ended up hiring her as his personal secretary. Though just why does she want to work for the chairman’s side of the family. After all the crimes were done by his BiL so it would have made more sense if she got hired by them instead. Sure the risk would be higher since she would have been easily recognized over there and the second leads would have tried their level best to get rid of her by trying to frame her for some crime that she didn’t do. Come to think of it only the BiL hasn’t met her yet. This means her joining them would be next to impossible. Still I can’t seem to figure out just what she is thinking abou. On one hand that is probably a good thing since if I could do that then the drama would be quite predictable and that isn’t a good thing at all.

Atleast this way she is slowly starting to discover the connections to others just not so sure why it is taking so long. For instance, from the preview of the next episode she sees Ji Hoon with Seo Ju and realizes his connection tot that family. Which is when she will decide to probably marry him just so that she can take revenge on his family. But my question is why is it taking so long for her to realize that. After all, didn’t she already know that he was related to the chairman’s family before she met him again. Pretty sure it was revealed during the time she got arrested and all and that was the reason that she didn’t want anything to do with him as she suspected that he had been playing her as well back then. It was actually one of the reasons why she ended up trusting Tae In with the information in the first place because he wasn’t connected to the chairman or his family then.

Also from the preview she spots her lawyer with Tae In which means that she is going to suspect that he was involved with setting her up for the extended sentence with Tae In as well. this will further reinforce her belief that Tae In was involved in that incident as well. Tae In should have confessed everything back then when he met her again but now the time has probably passed away. Though when you come down to it her lawyer is certainly responsible for her extended sentence since he did nothing to help her out of that mess. Unless they probably reveal to us via flashbacks and all that her sentence was more severe and perhaps it had been extended for 10+ years but he had managed to convince the to reduce it since he had evidence to prove her innocence but told them to keep her locked up for her own protection. Hoping that this would allow her to calm down and hopefully give up on her revenge plans and move ahead with her life. He still should have revealed this to her just before she was released for him to get a pass.

Now let us get back to Jun Hyuk and his family. People have brought up the issue of his mother and how dumb she is but I have to say that I find the dad equally dumb as well or atleast entertaining. Also what happened to his sister why have they written her out. Her interactions with Eun Dong would be interesting to see. What has she been upto all these days. Since we probably can’t see her then it is safe to assume that she caused some more trouble that her parents finally had enough of her antics so they sent her in exile. Her return could actually be interesting as she and Eun Dong never got along plus she could be part of a love triangle between her and Ji Hoon. It might also be interesting to see how this new Eun Dong would react to her and how much of her abuse she will take on.

On other news I do think that Eun Dong wanting to be used by the others just so that she can have her revenge isn’t the smartest move. I get that she wants to gain their trust but just what exactly is her end game over here. Will she secretly make recordings of all her conversations from this point onwards and take photographs of all the documents that are handed to her to be planted and thus once one of her enemy is down she is going to submit the rest to the police at this point. Ofcourse this would mean that the first person is going to get out free so she will have to come up with some new plan to take them down.

Sorry for some weird reason am suddenly feeling sleepy at this point. Perhaps the heat is getting to me over here. So for the time being will end my post over here. Will hopefully get back to it later on. So till then take care all of you and keep posting.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@yamiyugi ~ this is simply my assumption based on watching dramas for so long: seo ju wants to be accepted and seen as the daughter of the chairman. ji hoon and seo ju are kept as an arm's distance by the chairman where they feel like they have to earn his love. since she is not biologically his, she might feel the sting more. even though she bears his name, she is not being trained as heir and every now and then, someone like hye won points out the flaw in her background (am assuming she was illegitimate). so her taking over the company proves that she is part of the family.

was actually surprised that she immediately confessed the truth and was torn about tae in taking the fall. it seems that on some level, her feelings for him are genuine and she wants someone who will protect her. she sees tae in as the knight who can help her through his cut throat world where her cousin and uncle are trying to take over as well. also, the family dynamic is weird. ji hoon is neither here or there. it looks like the chairman's wife did her duty of raising him but didn't really give any affection per se but then again, neither did the chairman.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1