[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

On 4/8/2020 at 5:15 AM, tulip06 said:

So, she randomly gets a job in high end bridal boutique with a prison record? Anyone else having trouble suspending their disbelief?

kekekke... I found it harder to believe that a court would prosecute an underage girl for slander against a company. what exactly do they think she will do? this seems to be a drama where we just suspend all disbelief and enjoy the ride. :joy:

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

writer don’t worry, you wouldn’t be the only dysfunctional family in kdrama land :joy:

** chairman lover ( who mother his boy ) is wife of man he take his heart ( adopted mother of TI  )  :D that dysfunctional drama 

now I am wondering who is seo ju's father -- it has to be someone within this group right? :sweatingbullets: hye won does a little insult that seo ju has no right to talk because of her background. makes me think that seo ju is maybe illegitimate and does not know who her father is?

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

the only thing that can describe the all the relationship is this   :joy:

the relationship chart is so complicated that we need to write it down and update after few episodes!! :lol:

am wondering if eun dong will seduce and marry ji hoon just to get her revenge while tae in marries seo ju.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the relationship chart is so complicated that we need to write it down and update after few episodes!! :lol:

Don't forget ED and TI has a relationship, her father's heart is in his'.

edit: imagine at dinner, Ji Hoon and ED, Jun Hyuk and HW, TI and SJ across the table. 

the preview shows HW's mother upturning the table at TI's house. I hope somebody kicks her butt.

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

now I am wondering who is seo ju's father -- it has to be someone within this group right? :sweatingbullets: hye won does a little insult that seo ju has no right to talk because of her background. makes me think that seo ju is maybe

SJ herself answered that, she was not Han's biological daughter. 
Since this is a 120 episode drama, we will get major whitewashing at the end. I am expecting SJ's father was swindled by Han to get the company or both of them were played out by a mutual enemy and the father killed himself etc. etc.  No real villain deserving a sentence of life imprisonment in daily Kdramas.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

ED needs to stop being so emotional and rushing into things. Quite understandable but if she wants to take revenge, she needs to calm down. Also, JH(glasses one) has more brains than the other JH whom I like but he's so malleable! TI has a lot of nerve telling her father that he will take care of her. Where was this guilt and concern the past 7 years?? He didn't even bother checking if she came out of prison on time!

Also, what happened when JH kidnapped her? did he tell her the truth about what TI did? TI made a mistake in my opinion by hiring her as a secretary. it's going to go to hell when his current fiance and ex fiance find out

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I was going to catch up this morning and imagine my surprise that there was only one episode to catch up with and not two! Did they skip a day?

don't think so; it started on monday because gracious revenge ended on friday. today is thursday and ep 9 has aired. so it looks right...

can someone explain to me why tae in pretends like he has forgotten eun dong? yea he is absorbed by guilt but the guy is marrying into the family just to get revenge. so he might as well tell her that he hasn't forgotten his promise and he is sorry. the moment he decided to look the other way just so his dad could get the operation, he knew he had messed up. then when he finds out it was the heart of eun dong's dad, he is further horrified and now can't even look at his father in the eye. since he is feeling so horrible, he might as well let eun dong in the game and both can do revenge together no? but then again, we can't have 120 episodes if that happens! kekeke...^_^

@sasha1818 and other chingus -- too many JH in this drama. LOL. so can we spell out the name so we don't get confused while reading the comments. thanks in advance. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

now can't even look at his father in the eye. since he is feeling so horrible, he might as well let eun dong in the game and both can do revenge together no? but then

How could he? She has gone nuts in broad daylight. What kind of revenge strategy is that? Now she's getting caught in his apartment.
She must be 26 by now and Park Ha Na is still acting like an out of control school girl at times and at other times, taunting TI and Jun Hyuk like a mysterious older woman. The director needs to decide on her character. 
The preview showed HW's mother on her knees, not too bad but someone should give her the obligatory KD slap. We did not see that in Gracious revenge. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, maribella said:

How could he? She has gone nuts in broad daylight. What kind of revenge strategy is that? Now she's getting caught in his apartment.
She must be 26 by now and Park Ha Na is still acting like an out of control school girl at times and at other times, taunting TI and Jun Hyuk like a mysterious older woman. The director needs to decide on her character. 
The preview showed HW's mother on her knees, not too bad but someone should give her the obligatory KD slap. We did not see that in Gracious revenge. 

she would be bit more sane and organized in her revenge strategy if she knew that she has help  but he emotionally and physically abandoned her due to guilt. plus, she has been in jail for so long and so obviously she will be a bit unhinged. desperation, not being able to trust anyone and being pushed back for so many years means that she is not really in control of emotions. but then again, most revenge leads are like that. gracious revenge felt very strange that they weren't having meltdowns.... we should probably expect to see more madness before she gets smart and decides on better approaches which will likely include seducing ji hoon. yea, I am on that ship already if people can't tell. kekekke.... ^_^

• Like 8

Expectation for this drama

This drama is titled “Fatal Promise”. Previously there was a drama with “promise”, i.e., “The (Heaven’s) Promise”, which was a monumental revenge drama.

Hopefully, “Fatal Promise” could compare with “The (Heaven’s) Promise” and Eun-Dong, in this drama, could compete with legendary Na-Yeon, in “The (Heaven’s) Promise”.  

Suggestion for additional watch: "Bad Love"

“Bad Love” has 120 episodes. Main kind leads (FL So-Won & ML Jae-Hyuk) are married around episode 80 (unlike many dramas, where main kind FL & ML are reunited only at the last episode).

Plot wise, this drama is better than its predecessor, “Everybody Says Kungdari”.

Please check. 

• Like 4

Teeing up the 10th episode in a few hours, my thoughts so far ....

I like the dynamic chemistry so far between ED and TI - I don't know about the rest of you, but this is big for me. It really takes something away when the leads have lackluster chemistry (see Gracious Revenge) ... so far so good.

Alot of characters acting a bit more absurd than one in their respective positions would/should

HW  does not act like a Chief of Surgery .... I mean AT ALL!

The Hospital Director is a goof and his Wife is way too "comic-book villainess"  ... that HAIR :blink:

I like CJH as a lead bad guy so far ...

I also like SJ and HJH so far but it looks way too easy for SJ to go the jealous/psycho route and for HJH to go bad

I like that the lead Chairman seems to be a good guy in this drama, hopefully he stays that way.

I have an issue with the Chairman's wife - but its all me - I can't get her previous character in "A Place in the Sun" out of my head - she was such a goof in that drama, I get pulled out of the story watching her in a serious role .... should be able to shake it off in 20-30 episodes :D

I like the mix of revenge plot lines/corporate intrigue so far story-wise.

Yeah, I think its safe to say I'll be watching ....

LCO

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, jasmine19 said:

“Bad Love” has 120 episodes.

But it also has a 1-dimensional weak FL...

25 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

is hard for me to ship these two , he is a joker  @Lmangla

I don’t ship ED with anyone. I just want a daily drama where the FL ends up single! I get tired of the romance sometimes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I don’t ship ED with anyone. I just want a daily drama where the FL ends up single! I get tired of the romance sometimes.

I need my romance I want her to end with TI  :D 

but here something we wouldn’t get in kdrama :D

# I live in Rainbow world 
15865369401586536933.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Okay someone help me out here -

When EDs prison mate falsely identified TI as the one who bribed her to lie, the first thing that comes to mind was ..... TI was out of the country at the time.

Do I have the timing wrong? TI was definitely asking about EDs parole from a New York hotel room in one scene. :unsure:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay someone help me out here -

When EDs prison mate falsely identified TI as the one who bribed her to lie, the first thing that comes to mind was ..... TI was out of the country at the time.

Do I have the timing wrong? TI was definitely asking about EDs parole from a New York hotel room in one scene. :unsure:

He was about to leave for the US. His good friend, the lawyer, lied to him about her release.

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

need my romance I want her to end with TI  :D 

but here something we wouldn’t get in kdrama 

Oh no, he is too old. Imagine how depressing it would be at their house. He has 3 expressions, unsmiling, unsmiling and unsmiling, she has 2 modes of behaviour: off the handle, sly and manipulative. The combinations will be confusions.
She is better off with JiHoon, he will make her smile, she will be the level headed half to balance his easily manipulated self and he is obviously besotted with her. Ahem, don't forget his father is rich :)

@chococarmela if you want an FL who ends up alone at the end, don't forget VIP. She grew up motherless, she miscarried, her husband cheated on her, ditched her for his mistress, and in an oblique way blamed her for his cheating.  It was a depressing ending to me. So I want ED and HJH to end up together in Spring and become owners of the F sport company. Good people must be rewarded. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

this episode was interesting but I wish the writers would give ED more to do. Right now, it does make sense why she's flailing around . She will take time to become a cold revenge seeker haha

The preview was interesting it seems that Jun Hyuk is winning but he looks angry. TI looks like he has another trick up his sleeve. I feel that even though Jun Hyuk is the villain now we should watch out for SJ because she looks like she has a crazy streak. And if TI pushes her too much, she might team up with Jun Hyuk to push him out because right now TI is a huge threat to the family

HW is just honestly annoying. She isn't even making moves like other villains she just goes along with whatever Jun Hyuk or her mother wants. She didn't even fight for Jun Hyuk , it was him that pushed for them to get married. Also, Ji-Hoon isn't doing much. Like normally other second leads who end up with the FL have a side hustle or is a teacher/cook/photographer. I like him but he seems very meh ish right now

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Good people must be rewarded. 

It is the wish of all drama lovers. Alas, this drama universe is sometimes very strange.

Shady Mom-in-Law

Here, main kind young couple (Jenny-Han & Eun-Suk), who were filial, competent at work for income, and diligent at housework, were divorced in the end. By contrast, nasty young couple (Young-Man & Ae-Yang), who were unfilial, incompetent at work for income, and lazy at housework, lived together with chaebol grandpa in their mansion.

The criminal mom (Soo-Jin) kidnapped Jenny-Han, tortured her, and made her to help in pick-pocketing. Soo-Jin spent some time in prison for killing Eun-Suk’s dad (her time in prison was shown in only few short scenes, compared to a lot of episodes in which she tortured Jenny-Han & did the numerous crimes). However, when she was released, she went to live happily and luxuriously with her rich bio son (whom she also had abandoned).

Finally, Jenny-Han divorced his loving husband (Eun-Suk), although this caused her, her husband, and her kid to live in suffering. Jenny-Han did this in order to be filial to her wicked “mom” (Su-Jin), who killed Eun-Suk’s dad, by sharing the punishment of being out of relationship with Eun-Suk’s family.  

Gracious revenge

Don’t get me started with “Gracious Revenge”. The unfortunate lead, Mi-Ae, lost her husband,  her business, and her kid. Yet, at the end, after, she donated her liver and gave her treasure to her adopted daughter, she died. By contrast, the criminal, Jae-Myung, who committed the murder, stole the business, & committed other crimes, and his accomplice, Eun-Ha, who stole the kid, were living and kicking.

Until know, I still wonder as to what ethics or philosophy lesson these dramas (and other similar dramas) want to convey to the audience.   

• LOL 2

35 minutes ago, jasmine19 said:

Until know, I still wonder as to what ethics or philosophy lesson these dramas (and other similar dramas) want to convey to the audience.   

Maybe for the writer to stand out? Else they are one of the many. The endings are usually rushed to tie up loose ends, and ridiculous sentencing. The very enjoyable Heaven's promise ended with the main antagonist who had caused the deaths of two people but charged with attempted murder, yelled her way throughout the show, was sentenced to 3 years jail, ED is eligible for parole after 1.5 years. I am guessing she is charged for slander. Anyway, I am ready for a lot of angst.

• LOL 2

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속