[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

So, Ji Hoon is already stepping up to be the rock for all the stormy waves in Eun Dong's life. Whether real or not, she's already starting to show him that she's not unreceptive. I think she's starting to become smarter and realise that in order to take revenge, she needs to solidify her position and play the long game. Her offering to work with Jun Hyuk is impressive because it shows that she's realising she needs to rein in her emotions in order to make better decisions. Hye Won is about as useful as deadwood. Literally comes up with no plans and leaves everything to her husband while throwing out jabs with snobbery. No wonder she gets along with her MIL

Seo Ju is sharp because she's starting to realise that ED isn't just some random chick and that she can become a threat. Jun Hyuk is probably going along with ED because he realises that she's TI's weakness and the way to take him down. On the other hand, Jun Hyuk is also starting to realise that ED isn't just some random peasant that he can keep stomping on and that she's got inner steel. 

In the preview, it shows that HW is starting to miss TI? Looks like it. She only married JH for ambition(i'm sure she was physically attracted to him also) but I think in her own way, she did love TI as warped as it was. And now that TI is looking like he can get it all, I wonder if she's really regretting her choice lol I made a joke previously on this thread that I will laugh if Jun Hyuk becomes interested in ED but now I think it's possible.  Unlike HW, she is proactive in her choices and is trying to fight for her cause. Even if it's all halfbaked but she's learning! I feel that half of Jun Hyuk's attraction to HW was the fact that she was TI's fiance(?) and he has this violent desire to beat TI in every aspect

On a sidenote, I must have missed it but why did Jun Hyuk make her stay in jail for another 5years? what was the point of that? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I don’t understand why Tae In keeps saying Ji Hoon failed as a son. He’s very young, has not got much experience, and, frankly, hasn’t exactly been groomed to work in the company. Yet, he is caring, sweet-natured, and responsible. He could do anything. What has he done wrong? Not been a robot like TI?

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

2 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

I don’t understand why Tae In keeps saying Ji Hoon failed as a son. He’s very young, has not got much experience, and, frankly, hasn’t exactly been groomed to work in the company. Yet, he is caring, sweet-natured, and responsible. He could do anything. What has he done wrong? Not been a robot like TI?

I think because TI says that because he lacks ambition lol Also, this crowd seems to value ruthlessness and backstabbing as virtues so it's a credit to Ji Hoon that TI doesn't think much of him as much as I don't like Ji Hoon that much

To be fair, it's 7 years and Seo Ju is making moves to take over the company while Ji Hoon is having lunch parties with the cleaning aunties

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

The guy who plays Jun Hyuk Looks 20ish but is almost 40 and I thought HW was 40 ish. She is 36. 

I am going to stick around for a bit because I want to see what the writer(s) will make of SJ and TI. Will they marry soon? I just can't empathise with ED, she's all wrong now. Going after TI seems an easier target than J Hyuk. She has nothing over those people, yet overtly she's turning up and challenging them. She vacillates between cool determined look to hysterically screaming. Woman you are 26-27 years' old. Park is no match for Lee Yoo Ri. I hope she improves soon.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The guy who plays Jun Hyuk Looks 20ish but is almost 40 and I thought HW was 40 ish. She is 36. 

I am going to stick around for a bit because I want to see what the writer(s) will make of SJ and TI. Will they marry soon? I just can't empathise with ED, she's all wrong now. Going after TI seems an easier target than J Hyuk. She has nothing over those people, yet overtly she's turning up and challenging them. She vacillates between cool determined look to hysterically screaming. Woman you are 26-27 years' old. Park is no match for Lee Yoo Ri. I hope she improves soon.

Defn think SJ and Ti will get married. All signs point to that and all 3 couples living near each other HAHA Maybe it's a new twist on the makjang where instead of 2 couples mismatchedly married it's 3 couples so even more cold glares and angry jabs galore!

Quite surprised at the ages there. Jun Hyuk looks 30 at most to me. I think ED is still reeling from everything. I remember watching Pink Lipstick and other dramas, some of the FL's took awhile to get their revenge game going. But Yes, hopefully ED ices up soon enough to actually do something concrete. Her teaming up with SJ's mother and Jun Hyuk shows she is trying on some level to play the long game. Feel bad for Ji Hoon because he's really falling for her but she's most likely going to just use him. Even if she loves him sincerely,  I think because she got burned so badly the last time, she's not going to let her defences down 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

actually do something concrete. Her teaming up with SJ's mother and Jun Hyuk shows she is trying on some level

I think she's plans to play double agent or triple agent. In the flashback, she is suspicious of Jun Hyuk, maybe he has something to do with her extra prison time.

I think I like this approach. All of them know what the others have done. In many previous shows, the bad guys were always one step ahead. TI knows that ED planted the documents, all know that SJ messed up causing the stocks to fall, Jun Hyuk's manipulations are out in the open.:)

• Like 6

okay this drama is absurdly hilarious that I am really enjoying it. as long you don't take it seriously, there is plenty to enjoy with glares, manipulation and random plot holes. I was cracking up when both eun dong and jun hyuk were eavesdropping at the door. what kind of chairman office is this where people can listen in on? :lol:...and why was tae in using the hospital chairman's office to confront eun dong? doesn't he have his own office? ^_^.. and I was cracking up when hospital chairman stood up when he had told his wife and daughter-in-law to not greet chairman; then he mutters that he was looking for the ac remote. LOL. @Ameera Ali ~ we need a gif on that!

3 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

Defn think SJ and Ti will get married. All signs point to that and all 3 couples living near each other HAHA Maybe it's a new twist on the makjang where instead of 2 couples mismatchedly married it's 3 couples so even more cold glares and angry jabs galore!

am so looking forward to this; think it will be highly hilarious and hope this happens. obviously hye won and jun hyuk will combust gloriously and die. tae in and seo ju may or may not make it while eun dong and ji hoon will fall in love for real. it is quite clear that she will not forgive tae in as she sees no difference between him and jun hyuk. tae in sacrificed her father and her in order to save his own father's life and then advanced up -- it is an accurate assessment that is not going to change even if she knows that he is now doing his best to keep the promise. am wondering if she will find out what happened and it will make her more angry and will end up using ji hoon as a way to get in and make everyone miserable.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I think she's plans to play double agent or triple agent. In the flashback, she is suspicious of Jun Hyuk, maybe he has something to do with her extra prison time.

I think I like this approach. All of them know what the others have done. In many previous shows, the bad guys were always one step ahead. TI knows that ED planted the documents, all know that SJ messed up causing the stocks to fall, Jun Hyuk's manipulations are out in the open.:)

me too! I think it makes the drama more fun that no one is that stupid even the chairman. he quickly connected the dots and accused jun hyuk of manipulating the situation to eliminate seo ju. eun dong is pretty hilarious as she stands there like a ghost glaring at everyone and the other side dramatically reacts in a way. her strategy seems to be very simple -- she just wants to destroy the peace in whatever way she can and make them unhappy. the fact that she is openly selling her services to be a double or triple agent makes it amusing because nobody knows where she stands. she will stab them as well but they can't ignore her either. it makes for a rather amusing watch as almost all of these characters are really ruthless and yet, none of them are breaking ties with each other..

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I seriously don’t like TI at all. He sucks as a hero. Super self-righteous when what exactly has he done right? He didn’t even make sure ED got out of jail early.

Sena is so greasy. What the heck are they putting on her face?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

and I was cracking up when hospital chairman stood up when he had told his wife and daughter-in-law to not greet chairman; then he mutters that he was looking for the ac remote. LOL. @Ameera Ali ~ we need a gif on that!

ezgif-3-656a7c5ed1b1.gif

so classic , I’m so embarrassed for him  :joy:

@chococarmela is one of these moment when  all characters want to eavesdropping at the  chairman office :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Actually with parents like that, it's no wonder that JunHyuk and his sister turned out so nasty. The only difference is that JunHyuk is smarter than his father when it comes to hiding things but TI is also sharp so it's an even match.

I feel that ED still suspects Jun Hyuk but she's playing him so that he won't try to get rid of her now. The biggest threat I think is still JunHyuk because he's the most ruthless. Seo Ju also has shades of that but she's still boxed in by her parents. LOL at Hye Won for messing up Jun Hyuk's plan by going to TI's parents and warning them about ED. Hye Won will be the first to crack because she's selfish but also harbouring guilt over everything. It was easy for her to pretend that it never happened when ED was away from her sight but now that everything's coming out in the open, it's increasingly harder for her. Also, LOL at Jun Huk's look of disgust as he asked if she had been drinking

Things are actually moving quite fast. In the preview, SJ is openly given a warning about ED while Jun Hyuk is relishing telling TI that ED is there to take revenge on him. TI is now aware of Ji Hoon's interest in ED while ED is finally up to date about the family dynamics. She realises she's stuck in a power struggle to be the next heir and that she can take advantage of it. The Chairman should have done more to prepare JI Hoon because if he was abit sharper, Jun Hyuk wouldn't have the influence that he does now. I have a feeling to protect ED's reputation Ji Hoon will say they are together or something and ED will go along with it because she wants to enter the house. 

• Like 6

I really hope HW will ended being a scapegoat when the evil people get into trouble one day because she doesn't really contribute anything to them. I don't think there's a difference between having and not having her. 

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

rule 43567954 in kdrama : Their no privacy allowed between enemies  

How he appeared behind her was creepy. I swear, eavesdropping is always the tactic they use to leak out importnat information. How creative.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

So creepy. But he's super creepy too... I feel like he's a secret serial killer or something.

I feel like if this was an OCN drama, he defn would be HAHA

But Yes, Jun Hyuk does give me the creeps. The way he lurked behind her and the way he was eyeballing her like prey in last night's episode was just unsettling. But, ED gave off this boss attitude in his office which impressed me a little. She even crossed her legs like a boss! haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 4