[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

10 hours ago, Saja La said:

Was it really suicide or was it coz she lost her mind/ amnesia hence she just walk away not realizing she left her stuff there by the sea?

There is no amnesia. They bumped into each other. Now both Chairman and TI's mum or HJH's mum to be exact are behaving strangely. HW I think told TI that his father's transplant is ED's dad's. I was expecting TI's mum to behave strangely with HJH, and she does. Will see what transpires when the subs are in.

• Like 6

I think those of us who are rooting for HJH-ED may be in for a disappointment. There are too many tender moments. When TI hugs his mum who is in distress after running into her ex husband, ED watches. Then the scene when he looks at her sadly while he is drinking by himself. HW told him that ED believed HW kills ( sidelines?) TI's father to save the Chairman. Then he calls her to say sorry, just after leaving her in the car. Both look sad. :( Too many. 

@Lmangla  I think Chairman Choi was actively involved in HJH's dumping. A car dropped him off by the roadside. He did not wander by himself. So we have potential jailbirds he, HW and CJH. Only the annoying wife is clean for now.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I think those of us who are rooting for HJH-ED may be in for a disappointment. There are too many tender moments. When TI hugs his mum who is in distress after running into her ex husband, ED watches. Then the scene when he looks at her sadly while he is drinking by himself. HW told him that ED believed HW kills ( sidelines?) TI's father to save the Chairman. Then he calls her to say sorry, just after leaving her in the car. Both look sad. :( Too many. 

@Lmangla  I think Chairman Choi was actively involved in HJH's dumping. A car dropped him off by the roadside. He did not wander by himself. So we have potential jailbirds he, HW and CJH. Only the annoying wife is clean for now.

yup..i think so too

even though both TI & ED's feeling toward each other has not evolved to indicate any romantic feeling yet, it's clear somehow TI was at ease when he's with ED

The way TI look at ED when she just arrived at his drinking table, his eyes were beaming

With others, TI was always on guard & cold...only to ED, he cant hide his feeling

And i think ED somehow can relate to his love for his family, at the same time she kind of detest it

since it caused her Dad to passed away

On the other hand, ED's  feeling toward JH is more like "you're a friend, but not a lover" kind of vibe

• Like 6

well this drama is certainly getting more interesting. no amnesia! totally expected tae in's mom to not recognize chairman han. while it took her a minute or so given it was almost 30 years, she knew who the man was and was in total anguish. she did not want to have anything to do with him....

13 hours ago, maribella said:

I think those of us who are rooting for HJH-ED may be in for a disappointment. There are too many tender moments.

had a totally different take..  this drama is really giving me old school kdrama melo vibes where all sorts of messes happen and the ending often is atypical. am not sure which one I am thinking of (since I have watched so many over the years) but I remember one drama where she kicked the male lead (something to do with revenge) and said bye bye. the ending was open with the second lead who had always hung around but it wasn't definite. there was another (can't remember the name now) where she ended up with no one and just chose to go off on her own to heal -- I remember watching and thinking "wait, what?"....

so fatal promise reminds me of those high emotion dramas. so lets say eun dong and tae in pair up -- it won't really have much drama in terms of messy feel that can extend to 100+ episodes. now, lets say we have tae in and seo ju get married -- voila! we are in for a world of messy interactions and feelings. ji hoon and tae in have to figure out what it means to have the same mom. etc etc. so I can still see the marriage of tae in and seo ju happening because it gives possibility to all sorts of drama.

also am thinking of the drama name 'fatal promise' -- so the promise refers to tae in's word but the description is it is fatal. this indicates to me that eun dong and tae in cannot be romantic because the promise he made ends up being fatal. so despite the tender moments, it still doesn't give me romantic feel. instead, it gives me those doomed feels in old school saeguks where the leads remain separate on opposite sides....

it is also possible that she doesn't end up with ji hoon either and instead just walks away. so was looking at the poster and wondering why some are dressed in white while others are in black. so we have ji hoon, hye won, jun hyuk and tae in dressed in white. seo ju is a black blouse with white print. while tae in's mom is dressed in black but has a white shawl. eun dong is dressed in black.  generally speaking, there is usually a kind of theme or sort of idea behind a poster. so it makes me wonder with the colour code as it stands out.

fatal-promise-2020-e1585674432594.jpg?w=

lets see what happens -- this drama is really entertaining. we really have actors who know their craft and so have settled into these characters and fully giving their all to the madness. makes it fun!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

it is also possible that she doesn't end up with ji hoon either and instead just walks away. so was looking at the poster and wondering why some are dressed in white while others are in black. so we have ji hoon, hye won, jun hyuk and tae in dressed in white. seo ju is a black blouse with white print. while tae in's mom is dressed in black but has a white shawl. eun dong is dressed in black.  generally speaking, there is usually a kind of theme or sort of idea behind a poster. so it makes me wonder with the colour code as it stands out.

I wouldn't trust the poster if i were you....  Sweet Enemy is one example how a LOT of my k-drama chingus got soooo devastated that the poster represent  NOTHING, while i was sooo glad it meant nothing... heheh 

Happy sisters poster were another example, all female and no photo of the male actor in them. And the actor listed 6th got the female lead. 

And based on that above poster, why is ED's brother's picture is with TI's parents? And who is that woman besides Mrs Choi?  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

EP 21 & 22 -

I liked that hidden double entendre when Mom steps in between fighting TI & JH  .... "my sons not like that"   You know thats gonna be revisited in a flash back when JH finds out who she is. ( sidenote - with the exception of ED now, why does JH seemed spring-loaded to argue with everyone :blink:

@Lmangla - Agree with you on Myung Hee.  At the start of the drama I was having a hard time with her character because I was still seeing her as the comedic bit she was in A Place In The Sun - now I'm liking her turn as a cold/stonehearted family leader - still not sure if she'll turn cruel & vengeful but I love her character now.

Chairman Han just punched his own ticket - you don't ask the lead character to take care of a loved one if "something" happens to you .... might as well get a tattoo on your forehead reading..... I ain't making it to the finale :lol:

How about that pre-surgery pep talk from HW? .... We must be successful ..... we forgive no mistakes ....  Call me strange but I'd hope you'd approach ALL surgeries that way, not just ones on your chief investors. :rolleyes:

Also did you notice when HW got her hand cut, less than 30 SECONDS after standing there bleeding, she catches ED at the elevator and sticks the wounded yet miraculously bandaged hand in between closing elevator doors???  I'm sorry, HWs character is just so annoying in so many ways .... does this person act like a Chief of Surgery? .... I mean at all???

Back to Chairman Han - its hard not to love a character, that right after his wife (who is seated RIGHT NEXT TO HIM) asked why he's acting suspicious, he stops the conversation to take a call and then qawk at a pic of another women ... right in front of his wife!  You go Chairman Han!

No amnesia - So it looks like TIs mom and Chairman Han were both lied too by his father it looks like - She was told he left the country and he thought she killed herself - is that the way you guys see it?  It still feels like theres some more pieces missing here though.

Acupressure Beds - these guys must be great sponsors - the last 3 dailies I watched (Fatal Promise - Gracious Revenge - A Place In the Sun) all have at least one character running an Acupressure Bed business.

The Elevator - coming at the end of the episode I really thought someone(s) were gonna be carried out - suspense let down :lol:

Sorry, ED-JH shippers. Your boy is gonna get friend zoned here pretty soon - TI and his overly annoying habit of keeping everything to himself ( for no reason ) is the obvious/sometimes not so obvious smoldering love interest -  I honestly don't really care at this point, I'm just happy that either one, is still WAY more believable than the leads in the last daily - (side glance at Gracious Revenge)

22 episodes in and still enjoying :)

LCO

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Saja La said:

And based on that above poster, why is ED's brother's picture is with TI's parents? And who is that woman besides Mrs Choi?  

if im not mistaken, she's Junhyuk's sister, Junyoung/JunKyung (cant remember the name) = ED's highschool friend who was also a bully

she must be sent abroad for college and not coming back yet

• Like 5

I personally don't want TI-SJ marriage .Let SJ crave for TI and they quietly support each other.

I am in for TI- ED roller coaster ride. They won't be a  couple, no not to till next 50 episode at least. Since it's a revenge drama , I expect TI ED to either fight together or fight with each other all through 120 episode. In between they can have some tense moments, restrained emotions and few flares of kisses .Acceptance of love won't happen or if it happens it will never be spoken. Even though TI is standing high and mighty ,he will break soon and then ED will stand by him, to some extent may be SJ too.

Again let me take out my frustration ,I am really hating that CHJ and HW , man they are like killing TI with that heart blackmail.TI is unable look direct in his father's eye coz he feels so guilty that he has ED's dad heart.  I really wanna strangle that couple myself.

ED HJH will always have better repo .Coz they have nothing to hide .ED knows HJH is not capable of harm and HJH will turn blind eye to ED plots anyways.Even though friend zoned still they have this warm relationship.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

had a totally different take..  this drama is really giving me old school kdrama melo vibes where all sorts of messes happen and the ending often is atypical. am not sure which one I am thinking of (since I have watched so many over the years) but I remember one drama where she kicked the male lead (something to do with revenge) and said bye bye. the ending was open with the second lead who had always hung around but it wasn't definite. there was another (can't remember the name now) where she ended up with no one and just chose to go off on her own to heal -- I remember watching and thinking "wait,

You mean the Autumn story or Stairway to Heaven type? Oh heck no, that would really spoil my weeks ahead. 100 odd daily shows cater to stay home ajummas , some Korean members once posted it. So these shows need the kumbawa, redemption scenes at the end. We are going to get pairings, just how it is paired. In the Promise, Park Ha Na's character  who manipulated Lee Yoo Ri's character through horrendous sufferings ended up being amnesiac, becoming all girly and flirty. Fatal promise will end thereabouts. Just wondering how they are going to turn the obnoxious family around - the Chois and in- laws. Even Choi Myung Yee is showing her Lady Macbeth streak now.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

if im not mistaken, she's Junhyuk's sister, Junyoung/JunKyung (cant remember the name) = ED's highschool friend who was also a bully

Oh that bully high school girl.... i don't even remember how she even looks like... Thanks for letting me know...

I am beginning to like now that ED have TI's back... She has informed TI info so that TI is not caught off guard....  

And i really like that ED means something to him now. Love the preview bit where TI is earnestly asking ED to trust him..... And it's nice that ED may have figure it out that TI's dad and her dad are friends... Hope ED and TI's dad hit it off and TI's dad will want to treat ED like his own daughter....

• Like 5

@maribella kekekek.... if it was really old school melo like stairway to heaven, I would be sure that tae in would end up dying of something or end up in a coma or some other tragic way. :sweatingbullets: those were notorious endings where you can never know how it will end.. hahahah... but was actually referring to some dramas from a few years back where things didn't end with a set pairing. am not able to remember the names or much of the details except a vague memory of the ending.... this drama really does give me saeguk type feels and the saeguks I watched from a few years back never ended the way I expected with a pairing. so it will be interesting to see what happens.

even if the pairings don't work out the way I expect (eun dong & ji hoon), there is plenty to watch especially with the other characters. am hoping that chairman han doesn't die because the interpersonal mess between the parents looks so juicy. myung hee does feel like a grand lady macbeth and am loving her portrayal. even the annoying hospital chairman's wife is growing on me with her array of expressions.

@LeftCoastOppa ~ yea, at least tae in has enough smolder here to see the possibility of coupling with eun dong. definitely much more believable than the lame thunderbolt love in gracious revenge which I learned to accept. LOL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

even the annoying hospital chairman's wife is growing on me with her array of expressions.

:lol: haha...yea, me too feel the same about the hospital chairman wife

She is as bad as her family, but i cant seem to fully hate her

Her often out-of-the-world silly answers are so funny 

And her family's facial expression whenever she does that are really somewhat refreshing

It seems their family reall love & understand her 

Though they are all smart & educated (doctors & lawyer), they dont seem to despise her

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

:lol: haha...yea, me too feel the same about the hospital chairman wife

She is as bad as her family, but i cant seem to fully hate her

Her often out-of-the-world silly answers are so funny 

And her family's facial expression whenever she does that are really somewhat refreshing

kekeke... same with the hospital chairman. he reminds me of a goldfish with the way he blinks his eyes rapidly and tries to come up with  a sane response but then fails. LOL. both of them are actually a match made in heaven! :lol:

• LOL 4

12 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

I almost forgot this girl, so she will come back, I think she will want to go out with Ji Hoon especially since this guy is an idiot and begins to want to make a pact with the brother and therefore her  jealousy towards ED will get worse and she will plot to get rid of her

I would like ED to marry Ji Hoon, I am sure that this boy will become more mature and sure of him

For the wife of the chairman, and adoptive mother of Ji Hoon, I am not sure that she is very mean but the money drives people crazy, I think that she loves Ji Hoon as her son but she also keeps these distances like Ji Hoon also does

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... same with the hospital chairman. he reminds me of a goldfish with the way he blinks his eyes rapidly and tries to come up with  a sane response but then fails. LOL. both of them are actually a match made in heaven! :lol:

The hospital chairman is a born politician. They should make him stand for elections. He seems to be greedy and very attached to the hospital. He pushes HW to do wrong things for the hospital. But he is not written to be devious, unlike his son. I think his wife and HW's mum are the comic relief. She is very obvious, and is often funny,  though her screechy voice turns me off.

• Like 8

it looks like tae in's mom has quite a backbone. maybe she is a really protective of tae in because of how she lost ji hoon. she is not amused at myung hee's blunt suggestion that tae in will be nothing more than a servant and asks "does chairman han know?"... ooh, this is so going to come back to bite them as myung hee is ticked off and to top it off, chairman han tells her off for being ambitious and pushing her daughter into a business marriage. chairman han is an interesting character. people seem to think he is in the dark but when the man opens his mouth, it looks like he precisely knows or guess what's going on. he immediately says that myung hee agreed to tae in because she has a plot in mind and it is she who needs tae in. interesting.

• Like 7