[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

13 hours ago, ednamode101 said:

@Nodame I couldn't resist! Just watching these two being giddy and in love makes my heart so happy.

OMG I KNOW. He had me googling "bear print bandaids" last week. Couldn't find any but still.

I think we need an ongoing list of HK's mundane-turned-romantic things.

- As you mentioned, the business card scene. Gosh, that scene has to be freaking iconic.

- Setting his girlfriend's drawing as his phone wallpaper (squeee!).

- Crossing off stuff on his calendar.

- Buying cute band-aids for the girl he likes.

- Buying strawberry milk for his crush's hangover.

- Waiting for hours to return her ring.

- Buying a cold drink and using it to cool her wrist burn.

- Crossing the road.

- Watching silly YouTube videos produced by his girlfriend.

Have I missed anything?

Probably to much significant, I found the following gestures also touching - 

1. Rain-jacket scene, following by handing her towel, cooking her beef stew

2. Him being to damn understanding (whenever she gets confronted by her ex)

3. Him asking of her wound right after confessing

4. Him stopping JH from meddling with DH (that hand stop on JH's chest) and KHK taking her with her hand, its was swooning for me
5. Him coming to the picnic spot by just one message
6. Him running after her, when NE got hospitalized
7. Him wining the penguin for her and that celebration hug, seemed so real as if they were really dating (by the way, I want such more scene them going one date and playing now that they have actually started dating)
8. Both of them looking desperately for each other, after leaving there ex standing at the restaurant.

Well to sum up, this drama is a series of SSG being swoony.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Lmao. The soup discussion has been hilarious. I went back to have a look too just to see what coddled egg in the soup. And yes it was maybe just crushed tomato in a bottle and yes the meat was browned. And yes his white polo top stayed splatter free. Hahaha. And no, this is not my sort of soup which I would ever cook for my kids. They won't eat it. Too much tomato- based.....

thistle takes soup way too seriously.  :lol:  By the way, if the soup is too tomato-y, add a little sugar to it. 

Really not sure how he kept that shirt so pristine--tomato can really pop and splat all over the place.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I think I am being obsessed with this drama, I too am dreaming of them. After thinking too many times, if I should tell or not, I came to the conclusion of telling. I thought of a scenario where contact has been lost with KHK, everyone is tensed and then he shows up at 2N Box office, DH runs to him and rest you can imagine as per your convenience. (similar to one scene of Fifty Shades Darker). This scene might reveal there relation to all.

Also while I was re watching the episodes, I found that KHK was looking extraordinarily handsome in the scene where DH asks him to meet at cafe in day and tells him to stop being dinner mates (though he looks good all the time)

Well I have a doubt that, Does GW know that KHK and DH are dating?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:
Spoiler

I just finished watching Epi 10 and I am mad at JH (DH ex). So manipulative!

I'm sure he knew he was allergic to that cake before he even took a bite of it.

Oh wait! Hehehe. I'm assuming he'll turn out allergic to it because of the fuss they made of him eating it.

Manipulative li'l sh^t!

Anyway, love the interactions of both couple in this episode.

They are so cute!! I am giddy with excitement whenever HK smiles those suggestive smiles at DH.

Eeeehhhh!

I knew SSH was a hottie but he's so much better off with these kind of roles where he smiles a lot and often laughs out loud. He's cute even when he's old enough to be an ahjussi. 

Go, SSH! Give those pretty boys a run for their money!

Hi @ElleSor :)  I think SSH was always known to be one of those handsomest Korean actors around. I only ever saw him in "My Princess" apart from photos. To me, he was easy on the eyes in that drama but nothing that would take my breath away. However, he seems to have bloomed considerably since then.  As Kim Hae-kyung, his level of charisma is just way up there.  Many times, I find myself staring at the screen and just marveling at how this man who's in his early forties seems to have grown so much handsomer the older he got.  He's just one gorgeous specimen and it makes me wonder what he's thinking every time he looks at himself in the mirror in the morning. All those younger idols pale in comparison. :)

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

the scene with the ex patient who came to HK for help with his medical assessment for international marriage... this had me a little worried, i hope it doesn't become a loose string for JH to tug at and then published it against HK medical malpractice.

Yes, I too am afraid of that (as Byeong Jin too said that it could cost him his license). Since, JH is looking for just one loop hole, and his is gonna shatter KHK. But if at all this happens, I think DH will be the one taking KHK out of the mess. (either my convincing the patient to disclose the truth or exposing JH's lies):dorashakes:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

Hi @ElleSor :)  I think SSH was always known to be one of those handsomest Korean actors around. I only ever saw him in "My Princess" apart from photos. To me, he was easy on the eyes in that drama but nothing that would take my breath away. However, he seems to have bloomed considerably since then.  As Kim Hae-kyung, his level of charisma is just way up there.  Many times, I find myself staring at the screen and just marveling at how this man who's in his early forties seems to have grown so much handsomer the older he got.  He's just one gorgeous specimen and it makes me wonder what he's thinking every time he looks at himself in the mirror in the morning. All those younger idols pale in comparison. :)

I know right? He's so hot in a manly way.

In My Princess he was also a bit fun compared to his earlier roles. 

You were right in saying he seemed to have bloomed... in such a manly way.

I'm never going to get tired describing him as manly. 

Just take a look at those arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he makes the most out of flexing his muscles in those shirts of his as Hae Kyung.

I love that his polos fit just right and showcase his body in such a manly way. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

the scene with the ex patient who came to HK for help with his medical assessment for international marriage... this had me a little worried, i hope it doesn't become a loose string for JH to tug at and then published it against HK medical malpractice.

This patient very suspicious. He had a problem 5 years ago. JH also had problems 5 years ago. And his decision to merry is like a perfect timing for the same scenario as Keanu had.

It's obvious, that JH doesn't want to stop no matter what he said to others.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

@akhenaten @ElleSor I did see My Princess and started watching him since Three Men and Three Women myself. He has grown leaps and bounds in his acting. This role was tailor made for him showcasing him so well .

Yup I agree hubba hubba those polo shirts showcasing his guns.Swoon! Right? @cantbreathe @ednamode101 @huckleberrymoonriver

He is dreamy and whenever he is on the screen with his expressions thinking of DH, caring for DH, smiling because of DH and those smirks and grins. Yes he is all in and love he was honest telling her how having a degree pales in what to do in real life. When DH was wanting a peck and he kissed her forehead, you knew he could have done more. But he is setting a pace we know will be full speed ahead based on the preview (hope it’s not a cop out and they get an interruption!):heart3:

I hope the former patient doesn’t cause issues but I too feel uneasy about it.

Love your listing of HK lovely and thoughtful gestures and actions to DH @ednamode101 and wook’s fan

:happydance:

@sadthe1st @thistle I did too love how AY was like follow me forgetting her purse but Keanu went back to retrieve it for her was AWESOME! Daebak!!! Too cute those two! 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I know right? He's so hot in a manly way.

In My Princess he was also a bit fun compared to his earlier roles. 

You were right in saying he seemed to have bloomed... in such a manly way.

I'm never going to get tired describing him as manly. 

Just take a look at those arms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he makes the most out of flexing his muscles in those shirts of his as Hae Kyung.

I love that his polos fit just right and showcase his body in such a manly way.

@ElleSor I actually love the way they style him as Kim Hae-kyung. KHK comes off as polished and elegant and smacks of professionalism and competence without coming off as stiff and unapproachable. It's a perfect expression of his perfectionist and no-nonsense personality.

And I must say I envy how he can pull off those white pants and shirts so beautifully.  And those linen jackets. I especially like the look he had when he stayed with No-eul at the hospital overnight. He still looked very much put-together the following morning. If I were a guy and I wore that at the hospital overnight, I would look like someone who went through the dryer in his clothes. Hahaha

:lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I have no doubt that he bit into that strawberry on purpose to get DH's attention.  It was a very dirty trick.  He is trying to buy himself some sympathy, and I hope that he does Not get any.

JH narcissistic personality is slowly coming out as what HK discribed JH has "Cognitive Distortion".. And I agree, it's great though how DH is making herself firm of her decisions not to get involved with him again.. And I'm waiting for Keanu to tell AY about JH's medical history as they both have known him, it's just they don't know about it (sounds confusing).. :joy:

Can't wait for the assertive HK sofa scene (I hope BTS of that scene will be out before the air date, they post them usually).. PLEASE FAST FORWARD TO MONDAY!! :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Obviously everyone here is feeling the SSH guns, face, hair, blazer, ankle and pants love (have I missed anything? haha). Laughed when @ednamode101 said he 

made ordinary things romantic, like crossing the road. He does! It was such a hold your breath moment when he was waiting across the road for her (the business card scene, what a scene, Ahahahaha). Oh, the excitement of seeing such a beautiful man with his searing gaze coming right at you! And looking both ways before he crosses the road :wub:everyone else does it, but when SSH does it it makes him look so confident, so thoughtful, a man you can depend on! Ahahahaha. Marry him, DH!

But I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved DH in the last two episodes. I loved her when she came out to embarrass AY just about to kiss Keanu with thumbs up going ‘woooo Wooo wooo Wooo!’ Haha. She’s so funny and childish. And when her and AY were laughing away at AY trying to get Keanu back for ramen. She’s such a silly friend, their play fighting makes me lol. The aegyo and sending HK the picture of the two of them was so cute. She may be a bit awkward in their actual romantic interactions so far (not because she doesn’t like him, but because she’s flustered at how handsome and besotted by her he is), but she makes up for it by being equally besotted by him in her actions. 

:dorakiss:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I just want to say how much I love Seo Ji Hye in this drama.  I first saw her in CLOY and to be honest, she was my most favorite character (with Capt. Ri's dad being second, ha-ha!) in the drama.  I'm probably one of those people who watched CLOY in its entirety but never really fell in love with the story of Capt. Ri and Yoon Se Ri, though Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were lovely to look at and the drama had all those gorgeous locations and cinematography.  And I would have loved Seo Dan even without Gu Seung Ju's character becoming her eventual love interest.  SHJ just managed to make her cold and aloof character so sympathetic and real.   

Woo Do-hee is just an entirely different character from Seo Dan and yet SHJ manages to pull off both and make me believe in their being two different people altogether. And she's just adorable as WDH.  Her character is so colorful and quirky, physically gorgeous but totally unassuming and unaffected.  No wonder KHK's putty in her hands. 

And it really helps a lot that she and SSH are so physically compatible.  And I think they do like each other and have already become good friends from the looks of their BTS.  When I see them together onscreen (whether in the actual drama as their characters or in BTS as themselves), there's just so much charisma and chemistry.  The sparks just fly.   :)

On another note, it's funny that KHK carries a box of Band Aids in his jacket pocket.  Either he's always prepared - being a medical doctor - or he knows he's meeting WDH and would like to make sure her wound is properly bandaged.  He did see it in the hospital.  And with bear designs too!  So cute!  She loves penguins and he likes bears.  Makes me recall one of SSH's recent TV guestings in a reality show which was shown on YT, where he was filmed living alone in a rented unit in Jeju Island.  He had a huge, white stuffed bear with him in the house.  :D

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Will You Have Dinner With Me: Episode 15-16

by selena

DIN1516-00107.jpg

Things take an unexpected turn as we learn more about a certain ex-lover. Our leads deal with the truth separately in their own way, but their relationship can’t be mended unless someone takes action. Sometimes, you might have to take risks first and regret your actions later.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

DIN1516-00013.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/will-you-have-dinner-with-me-episode-15-16/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

I just want to say how much I love Seo Ji Hye in this drama.  I first saw her in CLOY and to be honest, she was my most favorite character (with Capt. Ri's dad being second, ha-ha!) in the drama.  I'm probably one of those people who watched CLOY in its entirety but never really fell in love with the story of Capt. Ri and Yoon Se Ri, though Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were lovely to look at and the drama had all those gorgeous locations and cinematography.  And I would have loved Seo Dan even without Gu Seung Ju's character becoming her eventual love interest.  SHJ just managed to make her cold and aloof character so sympathetic and real.   

You're not alone in this my friend @akhenaten.. During CLOY fever, SJH was the reason I continuously watched the show until the end.. I have never watched her dramas before not until I saw her on CLOY, however, I have watched the sci-fi historical zombie movie of her with HyunBin and I did not realize it was her.. I may have searched for her  but because I am not familiar with her yet I left it just like that.. It's sad that I have known her more only after CLOY but, honestly I really tried my best watching and looking at her variety shows.. I tried to find all about her but it was only on "Life Bar" (though no subs) that I understand her well that's why how she seemed so "cold" but she really is caring and lovely to her juniors. If you've watched the Press Conference of Dinner Mate, she silently fixed A Pink No-Eun's hair while No-Eun was answering question from the interviewer..

I can really say she's pretty inside and out as well as she's just true to herself..

Honestly, she's already on the list of my girl crushes.. HAHAHA XD:lol:

You can watch her variety shows:

*Running Man

*Life Bar

*Follow Me 8

*Arirang Interview

Anyone, if you knew other VS of SJH, please tell me.. 

Thank you.. :)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I knew SSH was a hottie but he's so much better off with these kind of roles where he smiles a lot and often laughs out loud. He's cute even when he's old enough to be an ahjussi. 

Go, SSH! Give those pretty boys a run for their money!

Yes I think SSH is drop dead gorgeous as Dr. Kim Hae Kyong and he looks good in everything he wears. I think I'm going to melt seeing photos of him below.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Wook's Fan said:

Yes, I too am afraid of that (as Byeong Jin too said that it could cost him his license). Since, JH is looking for just one loop hole, and his is gonna shatter KHK. But if at all this happens, I think DH will be the one taking KHK out of the mess. (either my convincing the patient to disclose the truth or exposing JH's lies):dorashakes:

I'd really like to see DH rescuing HK.  :) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

HOW DARE DH STAND IN THE WAY OF AY KISSING KEANUUUU NOOOO :bawling: AHAHAHAHA

It was so close. I think Keanu is still too conscious about his circumstances to accept AY's love for him. But he definitely has a thing for her too. However I am kinda glad they found out that Keanu is HK's sunbae. That's one step closer to finding out the truth about Keanu.

JH disgusts me. All his little tactics disgust me. I know Keanu is now opening up a bit about his backstory and why JH is obsessed about DH is partially due to growing up lacking attention BUT HEY HK was technically in the same position! So it's definitely no excuse.

And I don't understand why Keanu is not fully revealing the story even when HK is nudging him to tell him more. It seems like Keanu became like this due to JH but could he himself had been negligent or at fault as well? Otherwise I see no reason for Keanu having to protect JH's journalism ethics especially now that JH works for AY, it could affect her as well.

JH really angers me. He is such a weak person. Having vowed to himself to not be that medical journalist against his own conscience then turn around to say that it's now HK and DH's fault to force him to do it once again. Seriously angers me. And how dare he ask NE if she cares about winning fairly or just winning. And then bait DH to react by eating that cake just to prove she cares for him? Just because he does everything with his own intentions and has no moral gauge, it doesn't mean that DH trying to save him equates that she still cares. She's just human enough to not let someone die. I am also so angry that he's totally manipulating his cousin like a puppet to speak on behalf of him to DH. Do your own dirty work!

On another note, I saw you guys recounting your favourite romantic moments and I just want to chime in as well! I don't even usually enjoy romantic dramas. But this has got me swooning and tbh, SSH is not even my type! Maybe it was the way DH looks charmed by it all but this show gives me goosebumps!

1. The first is definite grandma HK turning up back at the parking lot to ask DH to eat with him! Iconic! How can a man be dressed like that and still appear romantic?! That was an awww moment that made HK seem like such a sweet sweet man.

2. When he was waiting for her at her neighbourhood after she returned from the wedding just to give her his name card. His leap of faith to reveal himself just to get another chance to meet her. It was bold. It was also incredibly sincere to see him waiting for hours endlessly unsure of when she would turn up but continued to wait on her.

3. PENGUINNN. I love that penguin so I can do definitely imagine myself loving the guy who wins me something like that. And I think that moment was icebreaking for them as they both revealed a side that was less obvious in their usual demeanour. And I cannot believe that he actually came back after it all just to check if she's still there. That's super thoughtful.

4. Campsite moment and when he flashback on the campsite moment of what DH was intending to say. And him saying it was cute of her omggg. He noticed all her cues.

5. When he confessed to her while looking a bit shooked. Being so vulnerable melted me apart. Can I get a man in my reality like that? How can I move on to real life after HK?! I mean, looking back, it meant that he had realised DH's feelings first but he still clarified that he saw no hope in starting relationships because of his past experiences. But when he was told by DH that she sees no point in them being dinner mates anymore, he must have come to realisation that it was terrible that she has caught on feelings and it would be worse for him to keep her around knowing that. She would hurt while she was falling deeper while knowing there would be no future between them. I guess that is when he had decided to take a leap of faith with this.

6. Not a very romantic scene but HK's episode with NE at 2NBox and NE bringing up how he used to say eating with someone was the most selfless thing one could do to now saying to DH that cooking got someone was the most selfless thing one could do. That romantically triggered my mind more than my heart. I thought it meant so much because it appears that he is even more willing to give to his relationship with DH as opposed to NE. Although he had always felt like his relationship with NE was so deep and painful, I think HK is already falling for DH way more than NE rn. And considering that his memories of childhood, eating with someone was actually his deep desire (self serving) but cooking in itself was a dreaded thing to do with the last bits of his teenage years ended up with cooking for his terminally ill father so cooking has a significance of HK overcoming his dreaded abandonment and hence truly a selfless act of putting DH first. NE is right that he could not fully love her in the past because he was held back by how his mom had abandoned him. But I believe DH's love matured him in this area and encouraged him to open up in ways NE could not (probably because her love even until now is defined in the same way as HK in the past, a self serving kind of love--which is why she came back after so many years demanding for something that is no longer there).

7. Soup scene. I just love this so much, a bit more than the confession even (aside from the soup making hahahaha). Because it feels like HK is such an oasis of calm for DH's anxious mind (caused by JH). It was truly comforting to see her resting her head on HK. I also like how HK doesn't force himself on DH like JH does. He is open to whether she desires to share or not. And it was also a pivotal moment of him opening up first about his childhood. And it's so good when HK mentioned how he stopped enjoying food after his breakup with NE until DH's appearance. Because before he had even offered rest to DH, he had already found rest in DH's presence (without her even trying).

I think I am having a girl crush on Seo Ji Hye though. For those mentioning about CLOY, I never knew Seo Ji Hye could be as cute as she is as DH when I was watching CLOY. I even want her co-ord outfits (the one she wore to the wedding especially). Every time there's a romantic moment, I really enjoy watching DH's reactions.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@fluffyloaf Oh I loved you pointed out other points - not leaving Jeju and staying for the Food Truck meal with DH. One my faves, only he can look suave and handsome in that embarrassing getup. Yes the time he told DH his thoughts on relationships influenced her to stop being Dinner Mates but then he took her as advice on the leap of face to confess! Yes! Loved it!:happyshakes: Sharing his loneliness as a child and cooking def showed he did without DH prompting him shows he wanted to be vulnerable too as he trusts DH with his heart to give love a shot! 

Being single watching him wishing for some one like him in real life would be heavenly but unrealistic oh you Kdrama writers! Just only can swoon and enjoy here! At least my eyes are happy! 

AY and DH friendship is priceless! Love these two! 

@airgelaal thanks for the Jeju pics and yes @huckleberrymoonriver SSH can wear a potato sack and be smexy! I mean the I Live Alone  clips in sleeveless T and shorts he was gorgeous!:heart2beat:

@ElleSor One my top SSH role as it showcases him well and as an ideal , caring partner with unrealistic but still gorgeous visuals hard not to fall for him. (Rejection to him is not common but I love how he is willing to wait for DH). With her hesitation to his confession he fully was aware of her feelings already so it was a safe leap of faith. Being entangled with JH and learning more of JH from Keanu heightened his protective instincts of DH. 

@akhenaten @nyzah13 Yes I had only seen SJH in a few roles but as the FL she shines. This role gives us more dimensions to challenge SJH. She played the haughty and spoiled princess role in CLOY well. As pointed out the OTP chemi is through the roof so it helps us enjoy their interactions more.:approves: Yes this role for me too is girlcrush worthy as well!

@thistle I never wear white as I am a walking mess when it comes to white, to have a pristine white polo without an apron cooking tomato based soup?! Yeah I cannot do that, even bubbling soup can cause stains that you cannot avoid!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1