[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

A few quick points before I read your comments. 

HK SULKING FACE may need to be my new display pic here. 

JH and NE are a pair of pathetic delulu. I watched this raw and I skipped their drinking scene.  Can someone tell me if it's worth my time to watch that when sub is out. I know it's only 2 min but my time is precious. 

And I'm just gonna call these two the Delulu Duo, or DD.  

Our OTP just so adorable tho. The convenience store scene had me lolling. The actual second couple, Keanu and AY, are the best antidote for any DD scenes. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I like how Hae Kyung told her that she did good but next time don’t hold another guy’s hand.

:loolz: I love it when mature man behave like this. As I previously mentioned too, I want some scene of DH getting jealous. And as per her character, if she will, it will be of massive extent.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Why the clips in IG not have this gold mine look?!

I did see that clip in a few IGs. Of course I lost of all them now. New posts coming in like hot cakes. Prob calmer now it's been a few hours since the show aired. 

May I just say that I appreciate SSH hustling on IG promoting the show almost on the daily. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Had a lot of hope for Gun-Woo this episode as more than just an enabler for exes who happens to be gay when he referred to what Jae Hyung is doing as "violence" but then he just went right back to enabling and sticking his nose in everyone's business.

Keanu should be revealing everything at this point about Jae Hyung as confidentiality would be waived if he considers him to be a public danger (if he even has his medical license).

Still waiting for someone to investigate the accident at the studio.
  • Like 11

The show has been aired, some of us have watched and have to.  We will be posting our views theories in the coming days (including me:sweatingbullets:

But there is something which I realized after watching ep 9 today and wanted to share here with you all.

Now, every time when my mother serves me food, even if its just plain chapati and pulses. I feel so elated and gifted.

Thank you SSG for portraying it so well and telling me how lucky I am to get such a loving and caring mother. :Megathanks:

23 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Still waiting for someone to investigate the accident at the studio.

ya, I don't want it to turn into a dead case. But as per my K-drama history, everything gets revailed at last, every stone gets upturned... Let's hope for it for now

• Like 8

Omg our leads are so cute and that for head kiss was so sweet. HK just have right words to say that give our girl security in herself and finally says yes to his confession. :wub: Really love that DH wanted to see his mother. I love that she shut NE down as she knows that her son have another girl he love. Maybe me but she looked happy at the couple like she was glad he finally found someone. I am sure she gonna love DH as she is totally different than NE.  

AY and K also fun couple. 

Ugh those second lead is so frustrating to watch, but I have to laugh at how stronger they comes the more they push HK and DH away, even though HK and DH have cleaned their feelings for them long time ago.  HK looked very uncomfortable with NH trying to show DH how much she knows him at the live show, but then she do not know how much he have changed since he meet DH. Frankly it is funny she think she knows him when DH knows the current HK best. 

• Like 9

@lalalaelala dang it the 2 accounts I follow on IG did not show SSH pouting face! OMG dang it. I just rechecked them. :nonono:Just my luck, well again grateful to @ednamode101 posting the pics at least! So I don't have to wait til quitting time to see his adorbs expression.

@Wook's Fan Exactly, we all will be chirping in our thoughts later after we all have watched ep 10. Two more hours til quitting time. Also I agree I also feel so lucky have my mom's cooking. Truthfully she is a simple cook and my dad used to cook for restaurants.

Spoiler

We used to have our fair share of bad food cooked by my mom. But given that she lost her mom at the age of 9 and left China and her loved ones at a young age. She really had no one to teach her to cook. Even after marriage she had spouses who cooked for her. She had neighbors and living in Chinatown access to rice plates and cheap food with generous portions.

Though I am an adult and  my parents are retired, they do not live nearby. But due to Father's Day here in USA this weekend, I got to have my mom's steamed fish and watercress soup. Grateful for the care and love and wanting nutrition for us. She did not have us grow up on prepared or frozen foods. She tried her best to get healthy food and we did not have ice cream or much junk food growing up. We also had a Chinese American restaurant growing up. We just made a living but we  learned to use and eat odds and ends from the stuff we needed for the restaurant.  I need to learn how to make her herbal soups. Love you mom!:heart1:

@sal2 Yup all on board what you said. YES glad HK mom still not for NE and I am sure she can sense DH (not seen that scene) but she already could tell (even though tipsy) she did give her book to DH.:hypehype: Score big one for DH, and I loved she wanted to go with HK. He looked so touched by DH! (YESH go go go our lovely FL!) 

@ednamode101 You came through and posted the text DH sent to HK (OMOMO cute.) 

@Kvothe Amen thank you! I thought GW (though a nice guy) he is an ENABLER! I had issue for him calling HK to save NE when creditors were blaming her to pay her mom's debts. Or calling him immediately after the photo shoot incident. (Does she have really no one to call  about her welfare?):approves:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@Nodame I couldn't resist! Just watching these two being giddy and in love makes my heart so happy.

17 minutes ago, lalalaelala said:

Omg ikr @ednamode101

HK makes all these mundane things romantic. 

I still cant get over the business card scene. 

OMG I KNOW. He had me googling "bear print bandaids" last week. Couldn't find any but still.

I think we need an ongoing list of HK's mundane-turned-romantic things.

- As you mentioned, the business card scene. Gosh, that scene has to be freaking iconic.

- Setting his girlfriend's drawing as his phone wallpaper (squeee!).

- Crossing off stuff on his calendar.

- Buying cute band-aids for the girl he likes.

- Buying strawberry milk for his crush's hangover.

- Waiting for hours to return her ring.

- Buying a cold drink and using it to cool her wrist burn.

- Crossing the road.

- Watching silly YouTube videos produced by his girlfriend.

Have I missed anything?

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@lalalaelala OMG you ANGEL! YESH thank you thank you! You know what you did! I am sooooooooo over the  moon!

Dang quitting time cannot come fast enough! :fiercebunny:

@ednamode101 Keep the goodies coming! Those of us at work and still have to make dinner before hunkering down to watch ep 10. These gifts are LIFE!  Yes he is a snack and a sweetie pie. I know we all wouldn't mind having him in our lives. Sigh. So lucky DH! :yaaa:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Oh you're very welcome @Nodame

@Kvothe I am SO glad you mentioned GW. I'm indifferent to him as a character originally but I agree with your post. What is the point of the character? Legit Q. Other than being a bridge. What purpose does he serve? We dont need him to know JHs family is super conservative and possibly powerful. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ayame said:

That's because the subs you saw are machine translated from another language. The subs for the earlier episodes were ripped from iQIYI, but for the recent episode, iQIYI encrypted the English subs so it's not easy to rip it now. So the other websites just uploaded a machine translation from another language instead of the official English one from iQIYI, so it won't be accurate. If you want accurate subs it's better to watch directly on the iQIYI website or app. Although you'd have to pay for VIP access for the latest episodes.

So that's what happened!  Makes sense that iQIYI would want to protect their investment.  

Since I can't pay to watch, I guess I'm gonna have to put up with bad subs sometimes.  ;) 

9 hours ago, fluffyloaf said:

Monday's episode got me swooning. HK is such a romantic. What he said after cooking for DH got me in goosebumps! And I extra love AY. She is a crazy kind of romantic :wub:

That was lovely.....but I have to admit that I was busy thinking about just how long it takes to make soup like that.  It is Not a "quick fix" like ramen.  Poor DH would have been waiting awhile (like more than an hour or maybe even two) for her nice warm bowl of goodness.

3 hours ago, ednamode101 said:

.....OMG I KNOW. He had me googling "bear print bandaids" last week. Couldn't find any but still.....

I couldn't find them either.  :phew:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, thistle said:

That was lovely.....but I have to admit that I was busy thinking about just how long it takes to make soup like that.  It is Not a "quick fix" like ramen.  Poor DH would have been waiting awhile (like more than an hour or maybe even two) for her nice warm bowl of goodness.

This was indeed a sweet gesture but was no one else kind of bothered that she only took maybe two spoonful and then no more? Most of it was left overnight and he threw it away in the morning. However, I must say that at least Korean drama shows let the actors eat because in Chinese drama food are almost always a decoration. I like to see the actors actually eat food if that’s what they’re supposed to be doing in the scene.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

This was indeed a sweet gesture but was no one else kind of bothered that she only took maybe two spoonful and then no more? Most of it was left overnight and he threw it away in the morning. However, I must say that at least Korean drama shows let the actors eat because in Chinese drama food are almost always a decoration. I like to see the actors actually eat food if that’s what they’re supposed to be doing in the scene.

Exactly. That was part was a bit clunky, though I suppose it goes with the philosophy that it's the effort of the one cooking that matters.

But still..."Let me get you another bowl of soup because the the bowl of soup which you had one spoonful of has gone cold, but then immediately tell you that you should go home before you eat even try another spoonful even though we agreed to just start dating."

• Like 6
  • LOL 1