[Drama 2020] Dinner Mate/Shall We Eat Dinner Together?, 저녁 같이 드실래요?

larus

@fluffyloaf, @Nodame  and @cantbreathe I think, since GW had a hard time when he was thrown out of the house with anything on his hands, that's when HK might have helped him out. He might have got infatuated by HK, but he would have soon realized that he is pure straight. Also, Being a psychiatrist HK would have also helped him in accepting his reality. That's what I think. What's say?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I like, that they can talk about their exes. It's not easy to talk about them a listen. That is why JH and NE are trying hard to remind about their relationship in public. This could easily provoke a conflict, but for our pair it's not a problem. they just couldn't imagine how HK and DH met and they could be that close.

• Like 7

@huckleberrymoonriver Wholeheartedly agree! It is why KDrama and HK especially is goals for BF  and high standards for an ideal partner!!!!! I love these words! To reread them, reliving the first time hearing them, I wish I was DH. So jealous of her and she is not a real person! 

His consideration for her is so sweet. Those words of confession were meaningful, considerate but so truthful too! Even after seeing DH at his most vulnerable and she was so embarrassed. He STILL wanted to be with her!!!! He found her to be someone who caused his long lonely heart to flutter and care for someone again.:heart3:

The same for her too! Her love cells hadn’t been working after the trauma of being left by JH to go to USA to study. 

I love how it was pointed out he did dictated Dinner Mate rules and when DH crossed the line per his rules , she wanted to end their meetings per HIS rules. He never thought he would get attached and now duh of course he knew the truth. Cute he said she was very CUTE liking him and it was hard to ignore. (Her cop out the glam ping site switching his name to his mom last minute hehe.)  unbeknownst  to him over their times meeting up since Jeju, he got attached and was grasping for straws and NOT wanting it to end. Note running after her after she left the cafe for a reason. Then waiting hours to hand his biz card. (He got attached too those long hours waiting to give her ring back - instead of waiting for their next Dinner Mate outing).

@larus Awww these behind the scenes photo goodies are a gold mine! :wub: Thank you! So happy to look at these!

@airgelaal Agreed the exes right now are clueless of their tight emotional bonding time that far surpasses their times together in emotional intimacy. :teaze: Both showed their vulnerabilities to each other! For DH just HK had right time and place (to her chagrin), while for HK he was willing to open up and share with DH. He had a chance to not be with her to be vulnerable and open up. But thanks to DH advice and confronting his fears, he too wants to challenge his fears and thoughts to heed her advice he CAN change the ending! I love that he has HOPE! :luvarrow:

Seeing now he is allowing DH to set the pace of intimacy in stages of skinship is so gentleman behavior. As we know , DH pouted in disappointment not getting a kiss just forehead kiss for the ramen . (But we know better now the symbolism in that seemingly chaste kiss on the forehead .) First officially holding hands as starting their relationship was so pure and cute! Feeling free and giddy reminiscing of their youth! Cute! :yaaa:

Oh I cannot forget after his big confession, instead of the predictable skinship, she checked on her hand injury instead! (A point that bothered her when he saw her at the hospital with NE and later chased her to warn her off JH.) But at dinner afterwards to continue his skinship he used her hand injury as an excuse. Plus holding her hand causes her to have to give him eye contact too! Plus saying grab hold of me as I am a competent doctor (though we know he means himself too). He also knew she liked him too already. :doggie:

Even though DH hesitated to answer HK and accept immediately, we all know anything worthy having is not east. But he knows why she is hesitant with cheating ex (Jeju) and JH trauma leaving her to study and not even the courtesy to let her know just dropping the bomb on her, definitely cause for her to NOT to want to rush into anything. Let’s remember it wasn’t too long ago she dumped her cheating ex. 

Most important HK has the bread crumbs knowing DH likes him through her cute gestures. Plus why did HK step up so win our favorite penguin?! Part of it could be male ego and part of it subconsciously he wants to get the gal he likes what she wants. In the process he gets to show his manly charms of strength here! :please:

I loved the soup scene and his polo wearing scenes (thank YOU stylist nim) for lots of guns viewing scenes. :eats2: Even dressed in the ajumma clothing he was still HOT! As I said before he can be in a potato sack we will still think he is hot. Sigh! Swoon!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ahhhh. I love looking at those BTS photos of SSH and SJH when they were blocking the side hug scene!  They're just so comfortable and playful and warm towards each other. It's as if they've been friends a long time when in fact, they only met during the initial script reading conference.  And SJH seemed so happy and thrilled when she was hugging him. Look at the way her eyes and lips are smiling. And SSH seems equally delighted especially when he was teasing her about the variations of their hug. 

Now, we know where all that chemistry comes from. 

:hypehype:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Recently I read a quote, which I think really matches with this scenario.

It says, "Each relationship nurtures a Strength or Weakness within you". :heart:

Even if there ex were not good enough to them, they left something in their system which can not be eliminated. But what this new relationship is giving them is acting as a remedy to those scars.

And I love that the communicate, it is the key to a healthy relationship. :fingerheartx:I hope it continues, as a couple start losing communication that's when the complication starts...

• Like 4

On 6/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, huckleberrymoonriver said:

His caption is funny "Seojihye and children" when translated

Does it means that they (HK and DH treat Byeong Jin and GW as younger siblings (dongsaesng?)

On 6/25/2020 at 3:35 AM, airgelaal said:

Everyone in black. I hope it's not a funeral.

As @Misstinker suggested that it can be her mom's funeral. If that's the case, DH will be HK's emotional pillar throughout. Will love that...:loveu:

If not that, then then can be on some mission too. You know, like helping some one out of the way (anyone of HK's patient that , making sense of Byeong Jin in pic) or in extreme case, giving their exes a lesson or may be helping Keanu...^_^:P

I also want their relationship to be exposed to all, it will be really fun to watch their reactions:poledance:

• Like 5

I wonder if this drama would have gotten much higher ratings if it were released on Netflix. The other KDramas airing at the same time that are on Netflix seem to be doing quite well.:huh:

Hmmm. I don't normally ship actors but these two are just too perfect for each other and their interactions in their BTS are just so warm and natural and adorable that I can't help it. Just like with their characters, I feel all warm and fuzzy when I see them together. :heart4:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@akhenaten I am sure being on NETFLIX would HELP this drama alot. But the fact tvN is smart to partner with Netflix. MBC doesn't even support the drama themselves being stingy posting videos on BTS, previews and the episode clips. What is up with them?! :onfirex:

Definitely gems on NETFLIX having the exposure helps them to be watched indeed. Plus those with netflix can recommend to other friends with ease. I just recently got access and love that subs (the wait is not slow or til at night for me but I can go home or on Saturday morning watch the episode only 1-2 hours after the real one was debuted in Korea. I love it. :dorakiss:

@huckleberrymoonriver You are a star of resources, pics, Bts etc. Thank you--you are an ANGEL! I love you! :loveu:

@Wook's Fan  Oh on the BTS pics of everyone black, I think that is a good guess as everyone is in black. Good guess that it is for mom's funeral. (I hope she is able to make guksu once for HK (his dad's wish for him). Calling SJH and the others (kids) or dongsengs is cute. I love they all get along. 

Spoiler

I had a Korean American (adopted) surprised I called my friends -Korean) all dongsengs even no Koreans. At first she thought I was referring to my "blood" sibs. Then I said to her, no dongsengs I don't just use for my own blood relatives. I feel comfortable using that term. If I mean "blood" I put the term Chin 친 dong seng.

https://www.90daykorean.com/friend-in-korean/

Wook's Fan

Recently I read a quote, which I think really matches with this scenario.

It says, "Each relationship nurtures a Strength or Weakness within you". :heart:

Even if there ex were not good enough to them, they left something in their system which can not be eliminated. But what this new relationship is giving them is acting as a remedy to those scars.

I so agree with this, you can learn from all relationships good and bad. It is the way to grow as a person and be better as a person.

:heart4:

@lalalaelala YESH SSH hotness cannot be denied . The SSH fan club is in THIRST for more and I know I am wanting MORE MORE MORE. @cantbreathe @ednamode101 Right? :hwaiting: Bring on more goodies PLEASE to us thirsty SSH fans!

@akhenaten Yup I had loved SJH look of pure bliss on hugging SSH in the BTS in those blocked hugs not used in the SOUP scene. That side one was so adorbs and she was like saying --- does this look pretty? Then SSH standing behind her doing the cute head lock hug. HAHAHAHAA. Their banter and teasing so cute! :eats:

@Wook's Fan Hmm about GW and HK how they met. It is possible. But if GW met him as a patient is a possibility. But dude, cannot blame him for have him as HK for his FIRST LOVE. Just look at the man, if I were a man I TOTALLY would have a man crush on him too! Who wouldn't ? How can he make ajumma flower pants looks sexy? Only SSH can pull it off ! LOL.:please: I wonder if we will even ever find out GW connection to SSH. We might not know.

My IG feed showed a clip from the recent episode I forgot.

HK got DH call-he waited to pick it up to clear his throat. DH was pacing back and forth in a conference room. When HK answerd, DH paused and was startled and then when he said Hello (she went into her spiel intro herself and wanting to have a meeting and asking when he would be free). He really had a packed schedule.

But the power of love/crush and wanting to see her ASAP, he cancelled 2 appointment to see her THAT day. Even DH was shocked a bit --not expecting it to be SO soon. (Later I recall she apologized to NE for the short notice for the meeting.)

Awww our eager beaver HK wanting to see DH again . (Yes when in the throes of a new relationship, you don't want that person out of your sight. Even when you just say by after spending a ton of time, you still will miss them. I loved the scenes in the morning (as they dressed up with EXTRA care ) 

• Like 5

In 6 episode soundtrack of HK's passionate cooking was old song "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" by Santa Esmeralda. Later Keanu was drinking coffee called Panama La Esmeralda Geisha. 

Someone in the crew likes details :approves:

• Like 6

@airgelaal  Oooh nice. I did not know that. Then I immediately went to listen, OMG I know it just not the name. 

Daebak!  Thanks for sharing. :heart1:

Yeah Drama OST rock and as we know this one does NOT disappoint too. :hypehype:

I have been a fan of Korean OST for a long time. I used to buy the CDs online or at an Asian Market cause I loved them so much and I loved feeling back I was watching the drama again. 

Spoiler

I thought Asians had the OST for dramas were smart. I loved the old TVB dramas and still when I hear certain songs certain dramas come into my mind. I love the top 5 and in articular Mike Mau, Andy Lau and Tony Leung.  

SIgh.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

In that article it mentions SSH normally getting criticism. I have heard previously he’s not a great actor, but I think he’s excellent in this role. He has the charisma to carry a lot of the scenes where he doesn’t say a lot (fish market meet up, bridge eye contact, waiting for business card scene), his emotional scenes are very convincing (crying at the hospital, confession scene), and his comedic timing is great. And his handsome, sculpted face is very expressive. 

Also, now that I’m an SSH convert, I actually feel pained and then aggressively protective when I hear anyone say anything bad about him. Our connection is real! (In my head, haha) I haven’t heard anything recent, but I remember one reviewer saying he’s just a pretty face and he can’t act. Before I was into his acting obsessed with everything about him I was like, oh ok. Now I’m like 

:onfirex:

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, Nodame said:

I loved the old TVB dramas and still when I hear certain songs certain dramas come into my mind. I love the top 5 and in articular Mike Mau, Andy Lau and Tony Leung.  

TVB was my first experience of OST’s too! I have a date with Spring was my favourite. I was too young to care about the romance, but it had such a lovely soundtrack. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@cantbreathe Awwww well to be honest, though I love SSH, I must confess, it wasn't his acting chops that got me enamored with him over the years.

He does a great job with this role. But it capitalizes on his good looks more and keeps the deeply emotional scenes to a minimum. He is much improved though from when I saw him in the beginning of his career. But I admit I was curious how he would be in this drama as FOOD is in it and Seo Ji HYe with him as the FL I was curious about her. I only knew her as the second FL before this drama. 

I am a fan who is also aware of the realities of liking some (though gorgeous) not so hot /talented in other departments.

Spoiler

OOH that is cool and that SONG---I have a date with spring---omg such a classic! :love:

I am a big fan of Andy Lau. When his first tape (yes tape came out) I got it. He was horrible. Not a great singer! But I did not care as I was a fan of his though.I could admit he has improved over time but that debut cassette tape was NOT good at all.:kicks:

But I still cheered him on as a fan and his career. :heart4:

Like I love Leslie Cheung--he might not have the best singing voice, but omg his emotions poured into his songs were amazing!  I liked him more than Alan Tam (great voice but not as emotionally connected to the songs for me). 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

DH imagination scene

BB12WJ7Y.img?h=493&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

We could hear a song "Stop" by Sam Brown. It was a big hit of 1989. And the lyrics is very interesting. No wonder it was used to express DH feelings.

Spoiler

All that I have is all that you’ve given me
Did you never worry that I’d come to depend on you
I gave you all the love I had in me
Now I find you’ve lied and I can’t believe it’s true

Wrapped in her arms I see you across the street
And I can’t help but wonder if she knows what’s going on
You talk of love but you don’t know how it feels
When you realise that you’re not the only one

Chorus:
Oh you’d better stop before you tear me all apart
You’d better stop before you go and break my heart
Ooh you’d better stop

Time after time I’ve tried to walk away
But it’s not that easy when your soul is torn in two
So I just resign myself to it every day
Now all I can do is to leave it up to you

Chorus

Stop if love me
(You will remember)
now’s the time to be sorry
(That day forever)
I won’t believe that you’d walk out on me

Later, this song was used in the  erotic/romantic  film "Bitter moon" (starring Hugh Grant) :poledance: Another version of this song was used in the film "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" (starring Hugh Grant). I think Kim Hae-Kyung has Mr. Darcy vibes :wub:

HK imagination scene

2020061501001478200100741.jpg

We could here a song "She" by Elvis Costello. And the lyrics of the song also very meaningful

Spoiler

She may be the face I can't forget,
A trace of pleasure or regret,
May be my treasure or
The price I have to pay.

She may be the song that summer sings,
May be the chill that autumn brings,
May be a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day.

She may be the beauty or the beast,
May be the famine or the feast,
May turn each day into a
Heaven or a hell.

She may be the mirror of my dream,
A smile reflected in a stream,
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell.

She who always seems so happy in a crowd,
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud,
No one's allowed to see them
When they cry.

She may be the love that cannot hope to last,
May come to me from shadows of the past,
That I remember till the day I die.

She may be the reason I survive,
The why and wherefore I'm alive,
The one I'll care for through the
Rough and rainy years.

Me, I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be.
The meaning of my life is she, she, she--.

This version was used in the film "Notting hill" (starring Hugh Grant).Original version of this song belonged to Charles Aznavour. Its called "Tous les visages de l'amour" (All of the Faces of Love) with a little different lyrics.

Spoiler

You, with a thousand and one attractions,

I never know who you are,

You change your face and appearance so often

You, whatever your face and name are,

You are an angel or a demon,

When for me, you take turns,

All of the Faces of Love

You, if God hadn't modeled you,

I would have created you

In order to give my life its reason to exist

You, who is my joy and my torment

Sometimes a woman, sometimes a child

You offer my heart everyday

All of the Faces of Love

Me, I am the fire who either grows or dies

I am the wind who either roars or cries

I am either strength or weakness

Me, I could destroy heaven and hell

I could tame the earth and the sea

And reinvent youth

You, come make of me whatever you want

A happy or sad man

One word from you and I am either dust or God

You, be my hope, be my destiny

I am so afraid of my future

Show my helpless soul

All of the Faces of Love

You! All of the Faces of Love

Aznavour version was used as the theme song for British series "Seven Faces of Woman" (no Hugh Grant here, but its also British), an anthology series of plays depicting contemporary women at various stages of life. Song became British number one hit single during the summer of 1974.

P.S. I think, someone in the crew is Hugh Grant big fan :hwaiting2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1