[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 9/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, violina said:

5) Those village/city people dont deserve RickRoll'D. Thats their payback for all the exorcisms they did on DHS, the media harrassment to Hae Soo and rumor mongering about the Do Family. They spread the serial killer story about DHS being an accomplice when there is no proof he had committed the murders. Hae Soo already compensated the victims' families even though I dont think she needed to. I dont believe in children paying for sins of their parents. They did not benefit from the serial murders like wealth instead their lives were ruined. Both siblings worked hard on their own to earn the things they have and to live the comfortable lives they are living.

Hae Soo coming through with that truth serum gave me life:evilelmo:. I love it when movie characters speak my mind.

Why should I feel guilty? After what he did to Hyun-Soo? He took Hyun-Soo to exorcism rituals almost every day. He told people that Hyun-Soo was possessed with our dad’s ghost. He gathered all the angry villagers and made them take out their rage on Hyun-Soo. He was only eighteen back then! In the end, Hyun-Soo really started to believe that he was possessed.

64a0c4a4387935ec19daf82e91cd8c6b83d8b922

cc3270eea8d15bce80761151531be2f6c5cba543

57d7e1b0036a162e24bdaa0638aad2f4fc165b50

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

29 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl @ainipang

I understand your sentiments. :D

For me, weirdly, I went in without any expectations. I was just very happy to have Lee Jun Ki and Moon Chae Won in another drama again. :D Then I found out and was intrigued. I think I would've expected Lee Jun Ki a killer if it were OCN and the drama would go to darker places than it already does on tvN.

I have to admit I was hoping for a more ambiguous Do Hyun Soo in this drama. I wanted him to be harder to root for. I think I would be okay if in the end he isn't a killer (before we knew he isn't) as long as the drama doesn't make him too good and too misunderstood. I think the - so far - did a good job to resolve the issue but of course that leaves viewers who expected more or something different unsatisfied.

I also think it's a bit sad for Cha Ji Won because the teasers hinted to conflicts and even the first episodes were very much clear on that Cha Ji Won is on one hand a detective who only finds suspects with evidence (but also doesn't shy away from using violence) and on the other hand a wife and mother who would "eat the poison" her husband gives her. I would've loved to see more conflict on her part but since Do Hyun Soo is pretty much absolved this conflict is non-existent.

Also, I'm a bit sad that - and I'm sure of it - the hint to Ji Won's "two face" and her past with her father won't play a big if any role anymore. And that's such a waste.

I still find myself very entertained and the drama is definitely one of the TOP this year. So that's something. :D

Yeah I would be satisfied a little bit if Hyun Su had actually killed the village foreman. I really thought he did because the village foreman was forcing himself on Hae Soo, could have made sense to some extent. But showing him so much innocent is fine, but I did not really expect it. 

But yes, if this had been OCN drama, believe me it would be very DARK. The moment I read it I started wondering and it really would be very dark. Murders would be much brutal. 

As for Cha Ji Won's past, we really don't think we'll be getting it. There was a time I thought she was also faking it like Hyun Su, I thought about it when she went full crazy mode on the girl who murdered the lady. I am more disappointed that her past is not shown or had influence on the story than Hyun Su being shown so innocent and misunderstood. It would be really interesting to see her search for the truth a bit more aggressively. I mean look at the poster and the teasers they showed, I really thought they would have a showdown. She being a competent detective would give it all in searching the truth and ruthless while being so. I am not saying what they showed was wrong, it was also quite natural the way she acted, but the teaser and posters had promised us more.

Ji Won;s past, her relationship with her father, she being a two faced person, all was teased and then left out I guess. I really think that the writers had a change of mind midway through and decided to focus the story more on the present and Hyun Soo than on Ji Won.

So far this drama has been good, except for that big plot hole/WTH moment, I really hope they'll finish it properly and not make us question things.

• Wiggle 1

Pat me, I pat you couple....aigoo these two:heart2beat:

f985fdcd922824aeb0e557edbc1d842562cd88e3

I like how she enveloped her hand in his first.But then he switched it and enveloped his hand above hers and then pulled her into a hug.Knowing she is not ok and Ji won needs to be comforted.

399aa7b5032733612df76b1a4b4b4f809a35d1c8

5ccba2f65b6eb305d1ad433bbd43f451c9ff2803

• Like 5
  • Love 2

As much as I was a bit disappointed with the real Hee Sung standing and him killing the maid - we all knew she was done for from the start right? - I really like what the writer is doing with the establishment of Hyun Su as a misunderstood guy. I totally understand your sentiment @Sleepy Owl that it would have been a very interesting take to have us try and figure out if he is a killer or not through the run of the show. But I do like that through the course of episodes 1-12, it's been the breakdown of assumptions about who Hyun Su is and the breaking/rebuilding of trust with him and Ji Won. It's a really nice character study and, honestly, refreshing to watch a show where the lead couple is so ride or die for each other.

I particularly like that Hyun Su has really learned most of what he knows about warmth, love and commitment from Ji Won. Yes, his sister was there for him, but in an environment filled with stress and trauma. He's spent 14 years healing with Ji Won and learning how to love someone. I really like that the show has spent time giving us the reasons we should be rooting for them as a couple.

I love that Detective Choi realized that Hyun Su wasn't the bad guy everyone was making him out to be. I want to know who the one witness was that said Hyun Su couldn't kill someone. I wonder if that will come into play later?

I don't know if Ji Won's past will come up at this point? I think that might just have been a character trait they gave her - not necessarily something that will be significant later on.

So now we move into the last four episodes and we know that Hyun Su will be framed but I think Ji Won, Detective Choi and Moo Jin will get the truth revealed (with Moo Jin maybe being killed) in the end. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

As for the mole, I really thought Baek Man Woo had already figured out how Hyun Soo would act, asking all that money from him. He did tell him that with that money he can find the Accomplice of the murders. So Baek Man Woo would have already joined the dots and understood asking that much money would mean him meeting only one person. But if there really is a mole in Police, it could be the Junior detective.

Detective Choi I think either I or someone else had mentioned long ago is the typical type of Police detective who loves to play dirty. So chances of him being corrupt is 50-50. So for now I'll leave it to that only. Those type of Police officers are either really easy going or extremely righteous. This guy could be anyone of them. 

But for now, I'll say I don't think any mole in Police force is there. 

Scene of Hyun Su meeting with the Baek Family EP 13

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Do Hyun Su tell Eun Ha not to follow stranger.He tell her if they will not allow her to talk and pick up by stranger.So Do Hyun Su will prepare for bad thing maybe happen because he know Baek Man Wo try to kill him and maybe also his family.But Baek Hee Sung more scary.He can do psycho behaviour and act like innocence from his teen.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

38 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

omo they didnt warn eunha that the other haelmoni cannot be trusted.....

33 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@chickenchopflipflop83 @hunybunny

But... Go Mi Ja isn't a stranger, right?

I dont think she would harm Eun Ha though or let anyone harm Eun Ha. This is a woman who stabbed her own son to save a stranger's life InfiniteIncomparableKitty-size_restricte

11 minutes ago, thephamle said:

The real BHS better not come after our Egg Tart or else he has to deal with me?

His mother will stab him again and maybe bury him this time instead of putting his sorry self into a coma

• Like 2
  • LOL 3