[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

7 minutes ago, thephamle said:

Ok. 4 more to go.

hypothetical question: If one of them has to die (hyun soo, ji won, hae soo and moo jin)- who do you think would be the victim?

My bet has always been Moo Jin. I have said this again and again, but that guy can't really get the girl, the exclusive and stay alive. Plus being a reporter, this guy is nosy and some of a "Lone wolf" sort of guy, because well reporters love to have exclusives. 

Plus him sacrificing himself to save Hae Soo would be a kind of redemption for him. He left her when she really needed him back then, but now he'll be there when she really needs him. 

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

i think this drama is not about complex charactorization as we thought. 

It's mostly about a pot boiling plot that is focused on aligining the peices together. Its all about the suspense , the story and the chase.

I doubt we will see more dimensions to the characters. We are just going get the chase and answers wrapped up nicley.

41 minutes ago, violina said:

You are spot on. The good thing is that all four lead characters are multi layered enough. So this style works. Go back to the first page of this thread.The drama is described as an intense emotional chase thriller. I think in a way its good that the characterisation is not too complex. Otherwise the drama would fall into the famous makjang territory. Its a melo after all. A good melodrama does things in moderation. A bad one lets things boil over into absurdity. Its not easy to draw that fine line.I give the writer here some big thumbs up. She is trying.

This too.              

888761bc4b77482bb2c888f351cb5dcf68558d12

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thephamle said:

Ok. 4 more to go.

hypothetical question: If one of them has to die (hyun soo, ji won, hae soo and moo jin)- who do you think would be the victim?

My money is on Kim Moojin. I don't think Jiwon will die I don't know why but I never got that feeling. Haesoo even though she had committed a crime has already suffered and is still suffering. Hyunsoo has always been a pitiful character. Dramas usually reward them with a happy ending unless they want to go on a full melodrama mood and separate the leads. Among the main characters other than Jiwon, Moojin is the only one who lived a good and happy life. His character needs redemption so maybe by sacrificing himself he will redeem himself in front of the siblings. So imo it's Moojin>Haesoo>Hyunsoo>Jiwon

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, thephamle said:

Ok. 4 more to go.

Moo Jin.reason already said by @Sleepy Owl

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I also think it might be Moo Jin, @Sleepy Owl and @thephamle.

I'm still baffled though they hinted to Moo Jin seeing something in the basement but as of now they didn't address it any further.

I am also wondering what Hyun Soo experienced in the basement. The way he reacted every time the workshop was mentioned and when Jiwon took him to the basement for their "date" in episode 7 was very extreme. I think something very traumatic happened before he was age 10. Maybe thats why he repressed his childhood memeories? Did he witness his mother being abused there by his father? Did his father lock him in the cages to "toughen him up"? In two of his flashbacks, his father moved around with red ropes, what was that for? In the last episode, he recounted to Jiwon how he remembered his father rescuing him in the woods, it was like he was in a black haze? What did he mean? So many questions. I am curious.

• Like 8

Thanks @jeonghyang for the hand holdinf gif

Something about the hand holding gives me gloom and doom. Like they are holding on foe their dear life. Romantic yes but foreshadow for me.

Part me think it is MJ but it is too obvious. I think it is the sister. She looks like the kind that will do the noble idiocy and 'redeem' herself.

OTP will be okay bc we have set to see the screen where the family happily taking selfie in front of a swing. It looks like the countryside. It fits the description of what JW wants to do to escape. Maybe too delusional on my part hehehe

• Like 7

1 minute ago, thephamle said:

OTP will be okay bc we have set to see the screen where the family happily taking selfie in front of a swing. It looks like the countryside. It fits the description of what JW wants to do to escape. Maybe too delusional on my part hehehe

TVN better prepare for war and massive riots if one half of the OTP is dead or an incomprehensible open ending:D.

I can imagine how their insta, facebook and twiiter handles would be clogged with angry viewers. So many people are obsessed with the show now.:popcornjackson:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, violina said:

Moo Jin.reason already said by @Sleepy Owl

I am also wondering what Hyun Soo experienced in the basement. The way he reacted every time the workshop was mentioned and when Jiwon took him to the basement for their "date" in episode 7 was very extreme. I think something very traumatic happened before he was age 10. Maybe thats why he repressed his childhood memeories? Did he witness his mother being abused there by his father? Did his father lock him in the cages to "toughen him up"? In two of his flashbacks, his father moved around with red ropes, what was that for? In the last episode, he recounted to Jiwon how he remembered his father rescuing him in the woods, it was like he was in a black haze? What did he mean? So many questions. I am curious.

Yup I am very much curious about it. Also I am curious about the dark past which Ji Won spoke about, but writers seem to have forgotten about it. :rubchin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I also think it might be Moo Jin, @Sleepy Owl and @thephamle.

I'm still baffled though they hinted to Moo Jin seeing something in the basement but as of now they didn't address it any further.

I think he saw someone locked down. That's why Hyun Su tells him that he could stopped it all. will be really disappointed if they don't show it :isannoyed:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Let's hope they bring it up! I still remember Hyun Soo's face when he saw what was on Moo Jin's videotape from back then. They better not drop it.

Yeah it looked to be something big, because he said he'll keep the video as leverage. There many things they need to explain about before ending. I really hope they'll not leave out anything, after teasing it :fun:

• Like 3

Article Translation

[Personality] Lee Joon Gi breaks the mold and comes into bloom, once again, as an actor with irresistible charm

d0dfc21845630a76fbd33260aea9384842a89106

I thought it was Lee Joon Gi. But it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi as I knew him. I’m talking about that ‘Lee Joon Gi’ who’s starring in tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

In fact, early on in the drama, people suspected Do Hyunsoo, who’s been posing as Baek Heeseong, of having committed the murder because he is the son of serial killer Do Minseok and a psychopath. Of course, from Episode 2 onwards, Do Hyunsoo has proven people wrong by, for instance, setting Kim Moojin free after having him locked up, and letting Park Gyungchun live despite what the latter put him through. In a turn of events after another, the doubts about Hyunsoo dissipated. Even then, however, there still remained a doubt that Hyunsoo might be the accomplice.

Later on, the real killer of the village head turned out to be his sister Haesoo. Hyunsoo’s persistent search for the accomplice to clear his name has dissipated viewers’ doubts. Then, doubtful viewers started to look at Baek Manwoo, who made Hyunsoo, a wanted suspect, pretend to be his son, as a possible killer. Such a plot twist after another has made people give a thumbs up to the meticulously-written script.

894736e36176a302cc311335f624ffc8b67a61fc

But when I said “I thought it was Lee Joon Gi, but it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi,” I was not merely talking about the drama’s plot. It is also about the way the industry and viewers look at Lee Joon Gi as a leading actor. While in awe because this is not the same ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as they have seen, they are also surprised by his more mature acting skills.

Ever since he skyrocketed to stardom through his movie ‘King and the Clown,’ he has always wowed people with his acting, but how come these people suddenly began to see him in a new light through ‘Flower of Evil’? People sometimes say there’s a moment when actors break the mold they have built for themselves and evolve. It seems now is exactly that moment for Lee Joon Gi.

I have seen him in a wide range of works and he’s been such a multitalented and diligent actor. He has always done a great job, and has always worked hard. This time, he has also succeeded in giving a performance where he looks more comfortable with his role. From some point onwards, it seemed the talent and the hard work that he had put in stood out more prominently off-screen, instead of being absorbed naturally into the project he did. But in ‘Flower of Evil,’ the actor is hooking viewers into the story thoroughly as his character himself. He no longer looks like ‘star Lee Joon Gi,’ but he looks like ‘Do Hyun Soo’ in a crisis.

Watching Do Hyun Soo in the drama, viewers felt chills down their spines early on, and now feel sympathy and sadness for him. He was a complex, mysterious character because initially it was hard to stay whether this cold psychopath was pretending to be a husband and father in a happy family, or he really meant it. But when he told his sister he never loved Cha Jiwon, viewers’ hearts sank. However, as the drama went through ups and downs, both Do Hyunsoo and viewers have come to realize that what he’s been feeling is love. Viewers end up cheering on this desperate character Do Hyunsoo, and it’s because of Lee Joongi’s engrossing performance.

At this point I should mention Kim Chulgyu’s directing skills. In the hands of this director, who presented quality works such as tvN ‘Mother’ and KBS2 ‘On the Way to the Airport,’ Lee Joongi’s acting truly shines through. Director Kim’s magic touch does the trick for the other actors, as well. If anyone doubted Moon Chaewon could play a homicide detective, they should be silent now. He also chose Seo Hyunsoo, a lesser known actor, for the major role of Kim Moojin, and has helped him become a reliable actor.

76102d95316db1c0353a25249079c3c9c4151e05

Viewers would not be tearing up watching the Do Hyunsoo and Cha Jiwon couple who cry desperately, without Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon’s acting skills, as well as the directing skills of the director who orchestrates the whole drama. This is why I agree with the tagline that describes ‘Flower of Evil’: intense, emotional chase thriller.

I am curious about the ending of ‘Flower of Evil,’ a mysterious viewing experience since it makes us see an actor in a new light and view a genre picture as a romance drama. It has been a meticulously-crafted, entertaining ride, so just a plain ‘happy ending’ would be out of the question. With only five episodes remaining, the drama is raising our expectations, making us wonder how many more plot twists there will be, and what kind of powerful ending ‘Flower of Evil’ will leave us with.

Naver

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Ok I could not resist and had to read the forum before tonight's viewing after work of ep 12.

OMG OMG OMG. I love spoilers and I go them galore.

Thanks always for @jeonghyang recap/gifs. You are a star!

Videos clips from @Jillia and preview from @sal2

Wow the fake mom to DHS --she is an angel. She must have been tormented to know her bio son is so evil

Dang about the real BSH --walking and killing the mute housemaid/nurse.

DHS letting MJ give the necklace to HaeSoo.

I have to get back to work but def excited to watch tonight.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Nodame said:

Ok I could not resist and had to read the forum before tonight's viewing after work of ep 12.

OMG OMG OMG. I love spoilers and I go them galore.

Thanks always for @jeonghyang recap/gifs. You are a star!

Videos clips from @Jillia and preview from @sal2

Wow the fake mom to DHS --she is an angel. She must have been tormented to know her bio son is so evil

Dang about the real BSH --walking and killing the mute housemaid/nurse.

DHS letting MJ give the necklace to HaeSoo.

I have to get back to work but def excited to watch tonight.

Well the maid should have known that she is supposed to stay silent about everything she knows. Her death was inevitable, but I thought Baek Man Wo would go for it, because well I seriously did not expect Hee Sung be a super human and stand up days after waking up. 

As for the mom, she looked to be fine character to me with some PTSD and we came to know why she was like that. I seriously started liking her after she treated Hyun Su's daughter well and with love. 

• Like 7

OMO the real BHS is so freaking scary. I almost hid my eyes when he appears on my screen hahaha. 

Everything is uncontrollable in Baek family. The parents are 100% aware that their terrific son who will keep on killing. The snowball will be for sure out of control. The mother is going crazy, she even wants to take care of the mess. She is not in her right mind now (thanks to her problematic son) and will need a BIG psychotherapy (if his son does not kill her meanwhile) :o

Regarding the preview, The Baek are scheming DHS to take the blame for the nurse's murder ? 

The real BHS succeeded to stand up after years of coma... Miracles and fast recoveries exist in Kdramas LOL. It gives me hope HAHA

• Like 6

[Episode 12 ratings] 
national  4.729  

seoul  5.234

wow congratulation to flower of evil ,the rating are so so high for the late timeslot ,..its really jumping ,..even me iam jumping for so much happiness,..wow 

flower of evil are always on the most buzz worthy drama and stunning cast it gets more popularity international . we only needs awards for them,all

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hello! I've just decided to jump back into this forum after a couple of years of being away just because I've been so absolutely captivated by this drama. I've honestly been loving every minute of it.

I don't know if it's been posted or mentioned here before, but there is a great YouTube channel, Drama addiction, that puts up analysis of episodes and scenes and talks about things that I probably wouldn't have thought about otherwise. It's in Korean, but they do put up subtitles with it so everyone can understand. I just think their analysis are so insightful regarding the whole drama and they focus a lot on some of the smaller aspects, the details that would typically probably go unnoticed to some people.

I do absolutely love this drama and I'm curious about how it'll end. I think the cast is either finishing up or maybe somehow already has finished filming the series because Kim Ji Hoon posted a picture of the script for episode 16 on his Instagram story I think maybe at the end of last week? 

• Like 7