[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

omg ep12 was sooo scary i cannot....

also, can you fall into a coma, from a stab wound? what is happening?

at this point in time, i ship moo jin and hyun su the most. the stakes are too high for the others... i can watch hyun su ignore moo jin for a whole day i still feel entertained. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

I'm curious though... after so many years in coma to walk and run around like that. He should basically have no muscles on his body. He would be too weak to overpower the maid even... But I guess we have to buy it for the sake of the drama storytelling.

I think though... that Baek Hee Sung is now coming for Do Hyun Soo and it's scaring the heck out of me!

@Jillia, oops after the GIFs, I fell asleep:blink: I am  a few hours ahead of Korean time .... But yes, after in coma for so many years, he just pops up and fully charged ready to kill again... a super machine, what the heck, well, this is a drama, we can't be too serious  and I am ok to let it sly among other things:P

I guess the finale will be the show down between Baek Heesung and Do Hyun Soo, can't believe the drama is coming to an end... I can feel my withdrawal symptom coming, ahhhhhh

11 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

i think this drama is not about complex charactorization as we thought. 

It's mostly about a pot boiling plot that is focused on aligining the peices together. Its all about the suspense , the story and the chase.

I doubt we will see more dimensions to the characters. We are just going get the chase and answers wrapped up nicley.

@Madu Mita, it is not as complex as we thought but still not one dimensional. I can live with that, it is still daebak!!

11 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Now what are the chances that Baek Hee Sung was the actual killer and Do Min Seok the accomplice? Maybe Do Min Seok joined him while investigating the disappearance of his wife. We know she disappeared when Hyun Su was just a child. 

Hee Sung came to know about his plans and killed him. Put all the blame on him and went underground for some years. 

@Sleepy Owl, I an with you that BHS might be the actual killer - he certainly did not hesitate to kill and the actor is showing a very menacing look...

11 hours ago, thephamle said:

hypothetical question: If one of them has to die (hyun soo, ji won, hae soo and moo jin)- who do you think would be the victim?

Oh please not Hyun Soo and Jiwon - they have been through so much already... just let the real Baek heesung die ...

3 hours ago, jazz85 said:

[Episode 12 ratings] 
national  4.729  

seoul  5.234

OBA!!!! Hurray!!! hopefully it will go higher and higher as we approach the last few episodes! Next : awards like you said @jazz85

It was a lot a fun reading all your thoughts girls and guys(any???)

And a big big thankful again to the one and only @jeonghyang!:Megathanks:

Another  sleepless night tonight - I am going to age ten years after this drama...:crazily:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, jazz85 said:

[Episode 12 ratings] 
national  4.729  

seoul  5.234

wow congratulation to flower of evil ,the rating are so so high for the late timeslot ,..its really jumping ,..even me iam jumping for so much happiness,..wow 

flower of evil are always on the most buzz worthy drama and stunning cast it gets more popularity international . we only needs awards for them,all

1 hour ago, Tuiwgn said:

OBA!!!! Hurray!!! hopefully it will go higher and higher as we approach the last few episodes! Next : awards like you said @jazz85

Small wins are still wins right?

tumblr_ozn887svDc1r8r6jvo1_400.gifv

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

Yikes the scariest people apparently is the entire Baek family!

That poor deaf ahjumma who turns out to actually be able to hear and read lips. And oy Hee Seong is really really scary~ 

Now they're tryin' to pin it all on poor Hyun Soo.. Gomawo Jae Seop sunbae for havin' faith in Hyun Soo, one need only to look at Eun Ha and her bond with her appa to know that he's a decent human being. Ji Won remains steadfast and true just like the song Stand By Your Man LoL.

What was Hae Soo thinking..? She placed Hyun Soo and herself in greater danger..  

• Like 6

I have to commend this drama for the tight writing and excellent execution. In many (probably most?) other dramas, the plot is propelled forward by stupidity. In Flower of Evil, there were moments where I was screaming at the characters to do something that they had overlooked. For instance, when Hyun Soo could have easily taken the envelop from gang boss’s back pocket to learn the accomplice’s identity while the guy was unconscious. 

But I actually understood why HS forgot. His back story, his knowing that JW knows everything, their deep relationship—it all made logical sense and worked so well with the story. Especially because the acting is so superb. So I’m quite pleased. I hope this excellence continues to the end. :yay:

In terms of what’s to come, does anything think there may be a possible birth switch somewhere? Like Hyun soo is actually Hee Seong but he was kidnapped? That’s why he has no memories before he was 10 years old?  :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Have been extremely disappointed with the overall Baek Hee Sung standing thing, but now we see him going full psychopath mode.  Plotting and most probably targeting Hae Soo maybe as shown in the preview. It is obvious that he'll go after her because she is the only one who can identify him as the accomplice. Her plan to go to meet Baek Man Woo without discussing with anyone was actually bad and it instead exposed her to the Baek family and will put everyone in danger. 

The maid had it coming, if she really cared for her life, she could have just quit without being much greedy. I mean she saw how scary Baek Hee Sung was even while sitting in the wheelchair, must have known how powerful Baek Man Woo is by reading his lips while he would talk about. She literally asked for her death at that time. 

The whole Baek Hee Sung standing scene sure was disappointing :smashes:, but it was very much intense. I think they portrayed that scene very well, you feel the tension and also see how terrified both the maid and his mother were. I actually thought he would go after his mother, but was relieved when he didn't. So now it is Baek family vs Hyun Su and co. I guess. 

It is nice to see Hee Sung showing his emotions now. Also finally the village foreman murder gets closed. 

So as predicted by many, they'll try to frame Hyun Su for the maid's murder and their plan might work. Her body will be found in the mountains (as shown in ep 12's preview). Also all evidences will direct towards Hyun Su, because we also see him getting handcuffed by Ji Won in same preview. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

So how is everyone holding up so far?

I saw some posts of FOE chingus being disappointed that in the end Do Hyun Soo isn't a killer but a misunderstood human being with a problematic childhood and being different from "normal" people. How is your standing? Would the drama have been better if he was a serial killer? Or doesn't it matter? :D

I actually started the drama hoping Hyun Soo be the ultimate baddie. I mean think about how amazing the story would be, a psychopath being underground for more than decade, having settled with a family. If they would go this way, the story would be good too. I read on this thread that many people in Korea had posted online that they would not watch it if the story was like this. Dunno whether this made them to tweak the story a bit or not. 

What I expected was keeping the viewers on edge and in confusion as the whether he really was the killer/accomplice or not and the suspense would carry on to like some final 2 episodes. Like they did in Jang Hyuk's movie "Client". We didn't know whether he was the killer or not till the final few minutes. I know it was a movie and using similar plot for drama would be hard, but with a skillful writing it could be much better plot I guess and it would actually be a unique drama too. We watching not knowing whether he is the killer or innocent. I think they did it for the first 2-3 episodes, but then revealed everything. People had doubts, but were convinced that he had nothing to do with the murders. 

Although it was not disappointing for that they didn't that way, but would have loved if they did. I think the audience really didn't want to see their "Oppa" being the serial killer. But the way they moved the plot ahead was really good. Got to commend their story telling and its pace, except for of course BAEK HEE SUNG STANDING :smashes:. Now I really hope after this, they'll not make the story go downhill suddenly. I don't want to see any other WTH moments in this drama.

• Like 5

So our man gonna get framed again for murder.... So how is he gonna get too clear his name? :( But I have a feeling it is gonna backfire on Baek family. In the preview they clearly have laid items evidence to HS murdering the maid. But then the police should be suspicious how obvious those items with DNA around the victim. Like someone out there to frame HS. I mean a killer would not lay all his DNA on the murdered place. I feel this gonna be the start on how HS gonna show his innocence and clear his name. Also wonder how the they gonna come closer to the Baek family. So like I said in framing HS they also laid some track that could make them come out in the spotlight. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Also, hyun su was wearing a BTS t shirt. How cute is this guy... 

Yeah i realize it too..

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I saw some posts of FOE chingus being disappointed that in the end Do Hyun Soo isn't a killer but a misunderstood human being with a problematic childhood and being different from "normal" people. How is your standing? Would the drama have been better if he was a serial killer? Or doesn't it matter? :D

For me.. the reason i start to watch the drama because of there is highest possibilites that thw hero are pyschopat based on trailer i watch. I just cant believe that they will make a killer as hero..

Maybe if hyunsoo is the killer i still watch it.. but i hope that in that version.. the dont make us attachedd/love hyun soo as caring lovable husband. I want them to make me believe that his love toward his wife are fake.

If in that version is same like the current.. i kinda in dilemma cuz love a pyschopart who killed people

• Like 5

I am curious, did they show the ep 12 earlier in timeslot last night. I opened my laptop at 10 PM Korea time tomorrow and the drama had already begun. Hmmm..... 

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Also, some fluffy Baek Hee Sung / Do Hyun Soo with the terrible blonde wig but cute cherry blossoms in his hair. :lol:

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

For me, because I am big fans of good melodrama than good suspense drama, i am really satisfied with the current story line. It is perfect for me. I always like the story of people who is misunderstood, but in the end eventually he/she is a good people. Maybe it sound cheesy for some of the viewers. But for me, even if Hyun Su was potrayed as a psycho would give more intense plot, but I prefer memorable love story drama :fullofhearts:  

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote pics and gifs in your posts. This includes reaction gifs too. Thanks.
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

watching ep 12 and my reactions was mostly focused on the baek parents. as much as director baek comes across as an evil person for trying to put a hit on hyun su, there is far more going on. both parents are terrified and horrified of their son.

when baek hee sung stands, baek mama reacts in terror -- from her eyes, we can see that she believes herself in danger. when she calls director baek, she is literally calling for help. director baek doesn't quite believe hee sung's story about her hitting her forehead and runs home in a frenzy. for all his coldness, his first reaction to his wife is "are you okay?" he was worried for her safety. so this isn't merely about protecting baek hee sung or their standing but also protecting themselves. they are in some ways a hostage to their own son. they cannot turn him in for fear of social censure but at the same time, they are also at risk from him -- if anyone is in danger of being killed next, it is these two!

baek director and baek mama have a conversation where he is telling her that he put a hit on hyun su and failed. she is horrified but he says there is no middle ground for them. it is either the baeks survive or hyun su does -- this made me immediately think "so if there was a middle ground, what would the strategy have been?"

in a way, director baek was feeling if there was a middle ground when he asked hyun su to just disappear. this way, he doesn't have to do anything dirty. what I find interesting about the request is that with hyun su disappearing, baek hee sung still wouldn't get his ID back as hyun su leaves behind a wife and child. this means, baek hee sung would still have to leave seoul to go somewhere else to claim his name. so there is really no point of return for baek hee sung in some sense. baek hee sung has been rejected by his parents in a way and he knows it -- so if they show even the tiniest support for hyun su, they are literally in danger themselves.

am wondering why the baeks chose to adopt hyun su in a sense -- as a hospital director, he could have staged that baek hee sung got hurt in an accident and moved him to some community hospital -- this is what happens in most kdramas (weekend/daily). :D ... they could have also just let hyun su go -- why go through the effort of making him assume the identity? perhaps, it was in some way a sense of atonement or a chance to have a son that didn't terrify them....

as inspector friend notes, the brother and sister duo lost so much and the world turned against them. a similar fate awaits the baek parents. just as hyun su was desperate to keep his life as he knew it, so were the baeks. it is interesting how specific director baek was when he told hee sung -- you too can get married, have a child and work. hyun su in some sense fulfilled the dream of a parent. but just as hyun su was willing to kidnap moo jin and even possibly kill him to keep his secret, director baek is also willing to do the same. in many ways, both hyun su and director baek understand each other perfectly... also find it interesting that hyun su never addresses director baek by any title -- whether it is ajusshi or father -- whereas he refers to baek mama as omma.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

I have to say even though ep 12 having the highest rating so far, it's have its own disappointment.

1. Can the writer please just use the whole thing Cha Jiwon having something in her past? Idk, srsly I need her to be someone more than the wife and someone special of Do Hyunsu. And it's already episode 12 geez.

2. Yeah, big disappointment with Baek Heesung walking, though the intense moment is real. I literally scream telling him to stop lol

3. Do Hyunsu withholding the fact about Baek Manwoo from Jiwon. For real, i said something like, damn you she's having so much trust in you and yet... Thankfully it isn't that long because Cha Jiwon find out fast and now he's sharing his plan with her :rolleyes:

4. I think someone mentioned about how come Baek Heesung got in a coma after a stab in the stomach, I've been wondering about that too. I hope they'll have an explanation about it. 

This particular episode gave quite a lot dissatisfied in me, but one ep won't erase the fact I'm in love with this drama, wish the last 4 episodes will wrap up nicely :winkx:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

There's a mole in the detective team!

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

That's what I've been thinking as well. Also with the money the Baek family has they could buy any cop. :o

I said it two episodes ago. But my suspects were detective Choi and captain lee woo cheol. But after episode 12, I am sorry Detective Choi for doubting you. Now I have two new suspects. The section chief and even cutie baby cop(its always the innocent-looking ones who do the craziest things) in addition to captain lee.One of them is a mole.

On to softer things... protect these babies 

5ca2c7deb9b7210ed1244b53d76b5f4025cfa972

And Eun-ha remains the sassiest, sweetest, cutest munchkin.Telling her dad to never to cry like this again when he misses her because he is an adult. 

499fa6a950819eac7d0c45148955f920c230780a

Daddy loves you a lot, Eun ha.

ded38c473f1ac2e4e769458f642530e99689c15f

• Like 6
  • Love 1

From episode 12 I can learn

1.Cha Ji Won and detective Choi consider DHs is kind person.HE is innocent.And Cha Ji Won will support him no matter what happen.

2.Every person can be judged bad by other people, but if we don't care about people said is doesn't matter.But in DHS case he is being exorcism by village people, jugged him as son of murderer,Because he often considered to be possessed by evil spirit by community, DHs assumed he was indeed possessed.from this we know how much more evil  the impact of wrong judgement.Poor DHS he lived in very bitter past.

3. I think BHS parents are more guilty for covering their psycho son.If we can accept that their son had act so mad and had killed so many people, they should have reported their child to police.We know this is drama.WE don't know what happen to Gong Mi Ja.She look so scare of his son after BHS killed their nurse.She called his husband because she was afraid of BHs.She know his son will do anything to keep him save.That why she defended him and said to her husband that the nurse threatened her first.she don't know what to do.BEcause she really know his son is psycho and nothing can change him.What Gong Min Ja said to her husband was more to calm her down that she will educate BHS well/not evil anymore.

• Like 7

@violina

How is my day? 

- Fabulous. Higher bosses both MC, raining all day... Back from work, stuck in traffic jammed. 

Thank u for asking... lol.. :lol:

After this, want to watch episode 12 with subs. Last night, watched the RAW and skipped almost every scene without our DHS. 

Aigooo.... The Baek family is marvellous. Rich but they will never get happiness. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

That's what I've been thinking as well. Also with the money the Baek family has they could buy any cop. :o

@armyta_

That's so true though! Why wouldn't Do Hyun Soo spill the info to Cha Ji Won, so she can take proper actions against the Baek family and especially Baek Man Wo? Yes, in the end she found out but they could've gotten there quicker with him just telling her right away. :lol:

I have replayed yesterday ep 10 part where Do Hyun So met up with Baek Man Wo to get money at the hospital, and there is no mention whatsoever about the police getting involved with the exchange. And you're right! How can Baek Man Wo say the police were involved when he called seong chul human trafficking ring leader? Where did he get that info? If there is a mole, who is it? Which detective? If it's Detective Choi, omg Do Hyun So (thankfully he didn't mention he suspected Baek Man Wo, smart Hyun Soo) spoke with him before the big guy interrogation...hopefully not him, he seemed very concerned abt Cha Ji Won and even didn't arrest Do Hyun Soo.  Maybe they cropped that line? Or maybe the writer was rushing, now that there r 4 episodes left. 

1 hour ago, violina said:

I said it two episodes ago. But my suspects were detective Choi and captain lee woo cheol. But after episode 12, I am sorry Detective Choi for doubting you. Now I have two new suspects. The section chief and even cutie baby cop(its always the innocent-looking ones who do the craziest things) in addition to captain lee.One of them is a mole.

On to softer things... protect these babies 

And Eun-ha remains the sassiest, sweetest, cutest munchkin.Telling her dad to never to cry like this again when he misses her because he is an adult.

Dady oves you a lot, Eun ha

I like Detective Choi but I still suspect him. Good thing Do Hyun Soo didn't say he suspects Baek Man Wo is trying to kill him..

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2