[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

It is not often where I can say that a drama has made an enlightening impact on my perspective of life. This one has truly done it for me. With life, eventually there will be death. I knew that grief was not easy for the living, but I came to realize that it is just as hard for the one(s) being grieved for. Live well for them. Especially during this time, it also reminded me how life on earth is so precious and time with those we love can be limited. Cherish it well. I think Kim Tae Hee's farewell message summarized the theme of the story the best. So, no matter how it will end, this is what I will choose to take away with me.

Kim Tae Hee said, “I enjoyed spending time with Cha Yu Ri. I feel a lot of regret at saying goodbye as the drama comes to a close. Personally, I spent this time deeply reflecting on the most precious values in life and the importance of the people you love.” She continued, “I will remember ‘Hi Bye, Mama’ not just being about Cha Yu Ri’s love for her child, but about the warmth of familial love in general. I hope that it gave comfort to the viewers’ hearts as well. Thank you for laughing and crying along with Cha Yu Ri.”

[Copied from the article shared by Nancyzak in the previous page: https://www.soompi.com/article/1395110wpp/hi-bye-mama-main-cast-says-goodbye-to-their-drama-ahead-of-upcoming-finale]

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Divorce GH. Get the parental rights and allow him to visit on the weekends (and whoever he is with).

I know it sounds cynical but i actually believe something like that would be the best for everyone.

Honestly i have no idea how they are going to resolve all of this in one episode. Those open questions and conflicts should have been at the centre of the drama and not crammed in at episode 15.

• Like 2

I just want to say this drama universe's God is so cruel. He/she takes away YR from the mortal realm causing sadness to everyone around her, then brings her back,  but only to potentially take her away again? Not only that, caused a family to potentially break apart and a child to lose both of her mothers? 

Also, is there any reason why the story's flashback wanted to let us know that YR had a different name for her child? Did she not know it was going to be a girl?   

This would've been better if you were mean. I could have used that as an excuse...

Hah. Thanks MJ for saying what many Yuri/GH shippers were wishing your character to be since the start of this drama. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Also, is there any reason why the story's flashback wanted to let us know that YR had a different name for her child? Did she not know it was going to be a girl?   

In korean culture, couples give their unborn baby a Nickname. So that was seowoos, nickname.

ughhh I don’t know how they’re going to resolve all this. I feel like it’s a lose situation all around. 

• Like 5

I'm so sad in this moment!!! I'm felling how that I need to say "goodbye" to YR, GH, MJ and cia. I was so envolved with story that I'm sad with the end.

But, I'm waiting for the next episode and to know Yuri's destiny. So anxious!!!

About the last posts... after watch the 15th episode... I liked of a specific moment.... Yuri's mother and MJ... It was a great knowledge about the life... Gratitude... this drama taught me a good lesson about gratitude!!!!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

In korean culture, couples give their unborn baby a Nickname. So that was seowoos, nickname.

ughhh I don’t know how they’re going to resolve all this. I feel like it’s a lose situation all around. 

What I want to know is how does the Shamen know that Seo-Woo will keep on seeing ghosts, if Yuri keeps on living? Heck, how does she know that Yuri needs to take back her place to keep on living? Who's telling her this? The Exorcist?  

• Like 2

I can watch the last episode..:tears::unsure:

I still hope that Yuri will live, but if she dies, It understandable. But Seo Woo must know who his biological mother is, at this time or later when he is more mature.

For Min Jeong, he was not happy because the gang Hwa could not give his love like he gave to Yuri. Remember before Yuri lived, she had thought about divorce.

So maybe Min Jeong will be remembered as the mother of Seo Woo who raised him, but he can't come back with the Hwa Gang. He deserves to be loved and happy like other women ...

Whether Yuri lives or dies, I hope the truth is revealed, and gang hwa continue to live well. the three main characters here are good people so they deserve to live well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brooksmom said:

If she never died in the first place everyone would be happy.

You see how I wish that the story would be like this. But sadly, we're going to face the bitter part here. To let go what we must let go. The drama is trying to make things go this way. The ending clip of her retreat and went home instead. It was nice that the life would be like that if she's saved that day. 

The ending will be full of heartbreak. But I'm ready now. I have found something else to watch, to relieve my mood if it's ended really sad later. 

• Like 1

My heart hurts for MJ when Seowoo yells "Mom" thinking a stranger is MJ at the park. I don't know why. 

Both GH and MJ are suffering. It is better for them to divorce even if YR dies. It is not a good thing to stay marry after all of this unless GH will fully commit to MJ unlike before. But MJ deserves someone better.

Imagine suddenly the mom you know since being able to understand no longer with you and the aunt you know suddenly become your mom. Sooner or later SW will know everything but at the moment everything is too much for her. She is little right now to understand and separate the living and the dead but as she get older it will effect her life unless she becomes a shaman or an exorcist. 

Yuri's death is unfair but that's how death is. It comes with no warning.

She comes back because of her mom's wish to see her daughter once more so I believe YR will dies again. 

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

What I want to know is how does the Shamen know that Seo-Woo will keep on seeing ghosts, if Yuri keeps on living? Heck, how does she know that Yuri needs to take back her place to keep on living? Who's telling her this? The Exorcist?  

If I remember correctly, it is just the shaman assumes it's the way for YR to be alive again but she is a shaman so she knows how some thing has to be done. Yuri asked her why SW still see ghost even after she kicks out the ghosts in the house. The shaman probably know by her praying.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3

in my opinion its much more hurtful for a child to learn later that the person who thought as her/his mother is not the biological mother . From the beginning you say or show these things.When it starts to say Ma you correct the child in an appropriate way to aunt or something like this.

I am not a psychologist but this is what I believe.

how MJ feels not telling the whole truth and having a child thinking of you as his/her

biological mother?Not a situation with easy answers .

2 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Latest still cuts for tonight’s final episode. 

Praying for a happy ending like this.

What if this is the last camping before yuri leaves them again?!! I can’t! I’m so hurt.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

Although it's hard to accept I'm trying to come to terms on how this series will end and like many have said,  I'm not sure it can all be wrapped up in one episode to allow all the characters closure with their own happy ending. It's hard to predict what will happen but if there was ever a statement that was a prediction, that made my heart fall to the floor, was when YR's mom told MJ... "Your biggest fear will never come true.  I know my daughter best and she will never do it."  And with that statement, dashed any little bit of hope I had left for my own personal wish of a "happy ending" and am trying to prepare myself for YR's departure :( At least I got to see a glimpse of what my version of a happy ending would've been. And oh boy was it beautiful!

Regardless of how this ends,  kudos to this show for being beautiful with an amazing cast and portrayal of love in all its different dimensions, depths, and complexities.

Hi bye mama fans,  staff,  cast, writers,  and director fighting!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, smhelen said:

I have not finished episode 15 yet. But did she decide to die instead of staying alive?

Yes. The catch for YR to stay alive is that SW will see ghosts for the rest of her life.  So YR naturally won't want that.

---------------------

What a heartbreaking episode. Fate can be cruel and life can present you with some difficult choices and unexpected twists. I felt for everyone here from YR to GH and to MJ. SW is too young at this moment to fully grasp the concept of life and death , what more trying to explain the concept of how her biological mum who has now come back to life is her real mum , and that her mum now is not her mum...not possible. There would be a time to tell her, but not now. Not when she is 5. But I can imagine how devastated the 5 year old would be when her mum (MJ) can no longer stay with her. 

I agree that MJ and GH may not be able to stay married after this even if YR does not stay on.  It isn't fair for MJ to have to always be second best to YR's memory.  But I do want her to continue to be part of SW's life. Is that possible? Can she get some sort of parental rights? Of course only if MJ wants it ...I can tell how much she loves SW and vice versa. I loved that she was so thoughtful of YR's mum, letting her see SW play . I appreciate that YR's mum acknowledged her as SW's mum. It was a bittersweet moment for me. I must have bawled my eyes out. 

I am sorry that YR's life was cut short. The epilogue at the end made me very sentimental and my heart broke for YR and GH.  Life is full of "if onlys". If only YR had not died, if only YR had told GH from the start about her 49 days, if only MJ had known about YR coming back to life earlier. But life is not like that. We don't  know what tomorrow brings . We don't always make the best decisions .  And we don't always know why some things happen. For me , the drama has already hinted at the outcome - YR's decision has already been made for her because no mother who truly loves their child would choose her own life over her child's life . 

I don’t understand the ending to episode 15. Midong looked for answers on why they sent Yuri back from the dead, she found the answer and went to the prayer room and saw Yuri’s mom’s prayer. 

So, it means the deities didn’t bring her back from the dead because she cursed at them, but rather they were fulfilling Yuri’s mom’s prayer? Which also explains why she didn’t wonder how Yuri came back all of a sudden? 

I agree that 1 episode might not be able

to resolve all of this.

Ok, so I just saw the preview to ep. 16 and I was right. :tears: 

• Like 3

I look forward to this last episode I wonder how they will conclude this drama there has been so much crying, they all deserve to be happy but again I think it would be realistic enough to say that this  is not everyone who can be happy we are all human with fears and desires, in any case the resurrection of yuri here poses a lot of questions and few answers, I can't wait to see their conclusion to them we will not be not necessarily have to agree with them
 I can see something like this 1 year later in the last minutes

• Like 3

Episode 15s worst moment was when MJ told GH that she wasn’t really their family. “you were her family to begin with, you and SW too, you weren’t really mine”

the whole scene you can see that GH wants to desperately refute her claim, but he can’t , look at that clinched fist, the way he is not really comfortable with yuri, he just wants her to live , because common yuri is such a loving being..

the other thing a recognised was...that yuri had soo many people who she can rely on her best friends her mother, a father sister , GH ...all who have many times comforted her while she was crying , hugged her.....MJ I realised has no one other than SW...and by the logic of some people that child should also be taken from her. 
ugh that scene in the bar when she says..ah maybe I shouldn’t come here from now  on ....and the unnie says mianhe ...as if to confirm that yes....and all this time MJ considered them her friends...

• Sad 3

if your heart doesnt break while watching ep15 seriously you dont have one... things become so complicated, GH tries everything to save YR, as he couldnt do anything to save her 5 years ago, now he cant watch her leave him again without doing anything, however YR wants to go up because of SW... honestly i dont know how the drama will end, i want a happy ending for all the characters, all are kind and deserve to be happy

also, people are saying that the "mama" in the tittle can be about YR's mom, because of her wish to see YR one more time is the start of all this things. but we can see that "mama" can be all the moms in the drama too, YR's mom, YR, MJ, the baseball player's mother, the suicide girl's mother,... each has different way of expressing their love towards their child, however they all can do anything and sacrifice anything for their child

i think if YR doesnt go up, she can be a shaman - the connection between two worlds, as she, better than anyone else, knows how human's and ghost's world is. If YR leaves :(, MJ and GH still cant get back together, MJ deserves someone better than GH. i hope that they let YR's family takes care of SW too, not only standing afar watching SW silently :( let SW knows she is loved while waiting for her to be mature enough to know about all of this

• Like 3