[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

One thing I’m bothered though is to why they didn’t let SW know about YR? I understand that they want to move on but isn’t it SW’s right to at least know who her biological mother is? She’s a kid and maybe wouldn’t understand the whole thing, but the fact that they didn’t even bother to at least say a little bit about YR baffles me. GW prolly is too busy with work and moving on (trying) but it would have been nice if MJ could at least tell SW that her “real” mom is already on heaven, even just that small line just acknowledging that YR did exist you know...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josh Marquez said:

One thing I’m bothered though is to why they didn’t let SW know about YR? I understand that they want to move on but isn’t it SW’s right to at least know who her biological mother is? She’s a kid and maybe wouldn’t understand the whole thing, but the fact that they didn’t even bother to at least say a little bit about YR baffles me. GW prolly is too busy with work and moving on (trying) but it would have been nice if MJ could at least tell SW that her “real” mom is already on heaven, even just that small line just acknowledging that YR did exist you know...

She is still too young. As a parent, I will wait until she is much much older before telling her about her mother dying on the day she was born, or even maybe not at all....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 4/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, xprosperity said:

So... I'm really enjoying this series so far-- but it's likely the first where I'm not picturing what the ending MAY even look like. At first, I thought YR was going to come and make everyone happy and then leave to "go up", but then, YR started getting attached (emotionally) to her family and friends (I mean, obviously!). At first, I thought GH and MJ were happy so YR shouldn't break that up-- but now they're both drowning in misery. MJ is constantly crying, in belief that her husband is miserable, and that there's a barrier between the two of them, namely Cha Yu-ri. 

By that staircase scene alone, I think we can definitely tell that YR still means the world to GH. We can't make the blind assumption that YR means more to GH than MJ but it's apparent that GH still loves YR. Many times, he's held himself back from physically touching her (in fear that he may emotionally cling onto her again) but this time, flooded by emotions, GH holds onto YR. I don't think he's blaming YR for saving the baby rather than herself, but he's saying: "If I had a choice, you would've been it." 

I think Seo-woo deserves to know that the "aunt" is her biological mother, regardless if she understands. But then again, the other factor we have to consider is that SW's first maternal figure was MJ so is introducing another mother to SW going to be difficult, or better for the child?

I thought the line that hit me the hardest was: "The most desperate thing to say isn't 'I want to die', it's 'I want to live'". That was powerful.

I am sure that if YR dies again, her parents and sister would be devastated. I'm quite sure that the deities didn't send her on this journey as a reward, but as a punishment- for her to see how her death impacted the lives of so many others around her because again, the focus is: your life isn't only your own (which was also one of the themes of the one of the earlier episodes). Now that GH knows that YR is going to die AGAIN- I'm wondering what he'll do to change that (if he wants to).

Right. Poor YR’s family. I think SW should know about YR.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

23 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

I mean yeah.. they should talk about a lot of things..

But this is something they best do together and MJ can't even talk to GH about YR.. Or anything really.

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

She is still too young. As a parent, I will wait until she is much much older before telling her about her mother dying on the day she was born, or even maybe not at all....

She will learn it eventually. It's not a secret in the community. But yeah.. maybe leave the part where she died giving birth to her out at first.

• Insightful 1

Somebody know where was filming Hi Bye Mama? I know some places but I can't find where is the Yuri's house (parents), the hospital...

I found some places on Google Earth.... (the temple, dallkom coffee, the restaurant etc)

I found a image on Instagram where we can see Yuri in a restaurant with some character from the temple (grandmother and others). I don't know if was a moment to rest or a filming!!! 

This situation gave me a big anxious! hahahaha

Was Yuri saying goodbye for her friends and going to live with her family?
Or Yuri was living her life how a ghost?

So anxious to next episode!!!

Go Bo Gyeol Confronts Kim Tae Hee About The Dreaded Truth In “Hi Bye, Mama”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1394605wpp/go-bo-gyeol-confronts-kim-tae-hee-about-the-dreaded-truth-in-hi-bye-mama

b453621e797442c3865ba90d7e142199.jpeg?s=

Kim Tae Hee Enjoys Bittersweet Date With Daughter As Her 49 Days Run Out In “Hi Bye, Mama”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1395019wpp/kim-tae-hee-enjoys-bittersweet-date-with-daughter-as-her-49-days-run-out-in-hi-bye-mama

51fc3c664d1a490ca0cfba4f21c547dc.jpeg?s=

• Like 1

Preview for the finale, ep 16

Hard sub

DD: Your mother's wishes. And that is also the reason that you come back alive again
Written card: "My daughter... Even it's only once, I want to meet you again..."
YR: You must have missed me so much, right?
KH: There should be a way. I will find it no matter what
YR: I have already died. It would be weird for me to stay alive
KH: Right, so you've died before so should I just say my good bye to you? Does it even make any sense?
YR: I'm sorry
KH: How can I let you go? 
MJ: Because you've come. Because Seo Woo's real mother has come
MJ: Did I look as a sick person? (talking to Seo Woo)
MJ: Thank you
HJ: MJ wants to divorce Kang Hwa
HJ: Do you really have to go? 

Spoiler and thoughts for ep 15

Spoiler

I don't really have a good connection tonight so I just can watch a small part here and there for a few minutes only. This is based on what I have seen and heard during those times :

- KH asked HJ to tell everything she knew about YR's secrets. She told him that YR need to find her place so that she can stay alive, but she chose to not find it because she felt sorry for KH and MJ. 

- Later KH stopped YR on her way home and they talked. He bared his feelings towards her, about him missing her so much but couldn't see her. Now that they met but YR chose to die again without saying anything to him about her mission to stay alive. YR told him that her place is no longer there, so how could she ask for it? If KH lived well after he remarried, YR would have gone up and probably reincarnate to her next life. But no, he kept holding on to her and won't let her go. That's why she couldn't just left and stay. KH answered that he did that because he hate himself who was getting through day by day barely living and slowly losing his memories of her.  (LKH and KTH were doing great in this scenes. I thought LKH eyes would pop out because he was so angry and finally releasing the anger and every emotion he had kept inside. It's very emotional for both of them)

- GB visited the columbarium to scare and catch the wandering ghost again. He scared them saying that it's better for them to left before getting caught like Pil Seung's family. Unfortunately Pil Seung who just visited his family overheard that and got angry when GB said he caught his family. And he dragged GB away hahaha

- YR and MJ talked. KH told YR that he already told MJ that the pick-up helper is YR. YR kept apologizing to MJ. MJ said because YR kept apologizing to her she couldn't say anything as she wanted to do. YR said she was thankful towards her. MJ replied if only YR acted like a bad person, she could use that excuse to hate her.

- After her meeting with YR, MJ met KH at their home. She told him that she would let him go. After all KH and SW wasn't really hers in the first place. Now that YR has come back alive (MJ didn't know about YR's 49 days yet I think) she would let him go. KH said sorry and both silently crying.

- The truth behind the death of the baseball player is revealed in this episode. GS helped the ghost to tell his real story to the ghost's mother.

- YR's mom told YR that MJ is a thoughtful person. Years ago on some afternoon she happened to saw SW and MJ at the playground. She would just sit and observed them. The day after that, she also sit at the same place around the same time and would find SW and MJ there. At first she thought it's just a coincidence but later YR's mom realized that MJ knew who she is. 

- KH, YR, SW went to theme park and had fun in there. They spend all day playing like a real family and had fun. A clown helped them to take a picture together. SW was taking a nap and YR told KH about SW's sleeping habit, chewing her mouth while she was asleep. KH told her it was YR's habit. He told that looking at SW growing day by day made him missed her because SW is so similar with YR. KH can't help but hold on her memories because of that. YR said even if she could turn back time, she would save SW than herself. 

- YR told KH she won't look for her place and will just go up. She loves SW the most in the world, more than herself. For stopping SW ability to see the ghost, YR need to die. DD told YR that if YR stay alive in the living world, SW will be able to see ghost for the rest of her lives. 

- DD finally noticed or found out about the secrets of YR coming back alive. There was a written wishes inside the temple and YR's mom also written her wishes and hang it up. 

- Ep 15 epilogue made me burst out in tears again. The what if scenario I have been thinking of. It's so sad to see that kind of epilogue when you know it won't and can't happen at all T-T

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I cried so much for MJ in episode 15.

At this point, her decision to divorce is sensible. I honestly cannot see how GH and MJ can get back together now, given GH’s insistence on returning YR to her place as his wife and as SW’s mother. If I were MJ, I would feel so hurt by his decision. But MJ is such a kind person who knows she may just accept him back? The big question now is, what will happen to SW then if they do get divorced? Will she lose MJ as her mother too? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

I felt bad for min jeong and she deserves someone better. I can’t get mad at ganghwa I understand that it’s really hard to let go of someone you considered as your soulmate. I feel bad for all of them. Yuri deserves to live! I don’t care if someone here hate the idea of her living again. It’s a fantasy drama anything is possible. She deserves to live and be with her family. Minjeong is seowoo’s eomma forever but she can’t be a wife to ganghwa. They’re not meant to be with that kind of relationship. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

What sort of ending would make everyone happy? Honestly , I cannot think of a compromise  that would satisfy those who think that YR should stay vs those who feel that YR's time has passed. 

But I can tell you that I feel very sorry for MJ as much as I feel bad for YR and all who love her and would not want her to go.  This is not saying that YR's death was fair...or that she does not deserve to live, but my heart hurts for MJ who is as much Seo Woo's mum as YR is. I can tell you for a fact, that a bond between a mother and child has nothing to do with biology. MJ loves and has raised SW as her own, and SW's known no other mum but MJ.  I realise that after 14 episodes ( and reading the recaps for tonight , thank you @alleram95)  , GH has not been able to move on from YR,  and him staying on with MJ in constant guilt and and conflict will do the marriage no favours. But , MJ needs to continue to stay in some way in SW's life.  The conflict here for  me is not so much the romance, but Seo Woo's welfare. What would be in her best interest? What would ensure she lives a happy life and reaches her potential? So I can understand YR's decision at the end to leave because being a mum myself, I'd do anything for my child. 

Edited by Guest

44 minutes ago, triplem said:

I can understand YR's decision at the end to leave because being a mum myself, I'd do anything for my child. 

I have not finished episode 15 yet. But did she decide to die instead of staying alive?

• Like 1