[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

8 hours ago, edlan17 said:

There is a special episode scheduled to broadcast on September 23. Maybe combined together its 2 hrs and 40mins ?

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121992/20210916/hospital-playlist-2-cast-special-episode-jo-jung-suk-jeon-mi-do.htm

I think the special episode might be broken up into two episodes for two weeks

Jo Jung Suk Talks About Wrapping Up “Hospital Playlist 2,” Most Memorable Scene, Chemistry With Actors, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 19, 2021
by U. Kim

Jo Jung Suk shared some stories and thoughts on tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”!

The actor played the hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery professor Lee Ik Jun in “Hospital Playlist 2,” which came to a close on September 16. He filled the screen with his refreshing energy and left a lasting impression on viewers.

Spoilers

He proved his abilities a a versatile an actor in the first season, and he didn’t disappoint in the second season either. He brought on laughter as he smoothly portrayed the comical scenes, and he touched viewers’ hearts as a doctor who gave it his all and shared heartfelt, useful advice to his patients. He also built a steady romance with Chae Song Hwa (Jeon Mi Do) that eventually reached a happy ending. As the vocalist of the drama’s band, Jo Jung Suk added more liveliness to their songs with his gaze, hand gestures, and facial expressions. Through his portrayal of Lee Ik Jun, Jo Jung Suk added another legendary project to his solid filmography.

Jo Jung Suk answered a few questions about the drama and his character in an interview following the drama’s end.

jo-jung-suk-3.jpg

Since the chemistry between the ’99s friends was a hot topic throughout the drama’s run, the interviewer was curious about the actual atmosphere between the actors on set. Jo Jung Suk answered, “I spent a lot of time with the ’99s friends because we not only filmed the drama together, but we also practiced for the band together. We’ve grown so accustomed to being together that I think it’ll feel strange that we’re not able to meet often anymore. Ik Jun and Song Hwa’s mutual romance was something that developed naturally within the friendship of the ’99s, so that’s probably why the viewers were able to tenderly relate with it. As shown in the making-of videos, the atmosphere on set was comfortable and jovial as if I was with long-time friends. I’m so thankful that I was able to act with such amazing actors in a pleasant environment, and our connection seems to feel more precious with time.”

The second season introduced many touching stories about the doctors and patients. Asked if any scene or line was especially memorable, he said, “All of the stories were great, but I especially really liked the overall story in episode 4. The actors who played Min Chan’s and Eun Ji’s mothers showcased such outstanding acting that it lasted in my mind for a long time. I’m realizing once again that our drama was able to convey a better story and message thanks to the many actors who created the scenes together.”

Following his hit OST “Aloha” from the first season, his new song “I Like You” is maintaining a solid position on music charts. As another song that left a lasting impression on him, he chose the band’s “Let’s Forget It” from episode 4. He explained, “I liked that Jung Kyung Ho’s voice blended in well with the drama’s overall content. The only pop song ‘It’s My Life’ is also memorable. The song was chosen for Ik Jun’s birthday, and everything, from the out fit to the song’s vibe, was the biggest challenge out of all of the songs I sang for ‘Hospital Playlist.'”

jo-jung-suk-3.jpeg

In response to a question asking how he’ll remember “Hospital Playlist,” the actor said, “I think the production will remain as a comfortable memory that will suddenly come to my mind.” He shared that he was proud to hear that many viewers had gained more medical knowledge through the drama and that the number of people who wanted to be organ donors had grown because of it.

He added, “As an actor, I felt that the people around me as I live on are a huge source of comfort, and it’s more meaningful that I could share that with those who watched the drama. My ’99s friends that I enjoyed spending time with, the many actors, the director, writer, and staff, all of them will remain in my heart for a long time. This being my first long-term drama with seasons, I think it will be an even more special memory.”

Lastly, Jo Jung Suk shared a few final words for the viewers who tuned into “Hospital Playlist 2” and supported his character Lee Ik Jun. “I’d like to sincerely thank the viewers who cherished and loved ‘Hospital Playlist’ until now. Thanks to your love and support for not only the drama, but also Mido and Falasol’s songs and performances, I was able to gather my energy and wrap up the drama well. I once again thank the Sand Grains (nickname for Mido and Falasol’s fans) for providing me with energy, and I will see you again through my next project “Nation of Happiness.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489348wpp/jo-jung-suk-talks-about-wrapping-up-hospital-playlist-2-most-memorable-scene-chemistry-with-actors-and-more

• Like 2

“Hospital Playlist 2” Child Actor Kim Jun Reveals His Most Memorable Scene, How He Began Acting, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 19, 2021
by S. P

Child actor Kim Jun shared what drew him to acting and some memorable moments from tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2”!

Kim Jun played the cute and lovable Woo Joo, son of Lee Ik Jun (Jo Jung Suk) in “Hospital Playlist 2,” which aired its final episode on September 16. He stole the show and endeared himself to viewers through his witty and surprisingly mature replies to his father, such as his statement that they would go camping “when the cicadas molt.” As the only child actor on the “Hospital Playlist” set, he also won the hearts of all of the cast members.

Kim Jun began the interview by stating simply that he lived in the city of Daejeon and that he would ride in the car with his mother and older brother to the set. When asked how he began acting, he explained, “My brother started acting first, so after following him around I started acting when I was five years old.”

After pausing to ask what an audition was, Kim Jun continued with a laugh, “I don’t get very nervous during auditions, since I’m a manly man!” Meanwhile, his mother who was by his side commented, “Even though he says that, he’s really nervous right now.”

jo-jung-suk-kim-jun-2.jpg

As for his most memorable scene, Kim Jun chose the scene where he went camping with his on-screen father. “The mountains where I filmed the camping scene with Jo Jung Suk were so pretty, so I liked it,” he shared. “I ran and played a lot that day. Oh, but having to walk all the way up there was exhausting. I wish there had been an air conditioner.”

Kim Jun described acting as something difficult for him but also enjoyable, saying, “I memorize the script by listening to my mom read it for me. My brother also helps me a lot. I often role-play with him to memorize the lines. Then like memorizing lyrics, the lines just come out of my mouth.”

jo-jung-suk-kim-jun.png

When the interviewer complimented Kim Jun on his crying skills, Kim Jun shared, “When I cry a lot I try to become Woo Joo himself. I think to myself, ‘I’m Woo Joo, I’m Woo Joo.’ When Jo Jung Suk got hurt and I had to cry, I actually wasn’t that sad, ha ha. But when I heard ‘Cue!’ I did well and cried a lot.”

Kim Jun is currently juggling his acting career and life as a first grader at his elementary school. When asked how his friends react to his acting, he replied, “They just say ‘Oh, I saw you on TV.’ You might ask if it’s interesting to have my friends recognize me on TV, but it’s not really. When they say that to me I just think, ‘Oh, so you watched the drama yesterday.'”

When he comes home from school, Kim Jun usually washes his hands, plays with his brother, and studies, in addition to practicing rapping. Revealing his love for rap, Kim Jun said, “My dream is to become a rapper and actor. My favorite rapper is MUSHVENOM. I can also rap really fast to Outsider’s songs.” He followed up with a quick performance of a verse from Wonstein and Lil Boi’s “Freak.”

Spoiler

jo-jung-suk-kim-jun-3.jpeg

Amazed with his precise pronunciation, the interviewer commented that he could try out for Mnet’s “Show Me the Money.” He responded with a giggle, “Oh, should I try out for it? I’ll try way later. I can’t right now.”

Korea will soon celebrate Chuseok, a harvest festival observed over three days. Kim Jun said that he plans to play games like tag and soccer with his older brother and cousin. Wrapping up the interview with a holiday greeting to viewers, Kim Jun said, “I practiced this. One, two, three – viewers! I hope you have a nice Chuseok. Also, please watch out for COIVD-19!”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489353wpp/hospital-playlist-2-child-actor-kim-jun-reveals-his-most-memorable-scene-how-he-began-acting-and-more

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1

of Love and Tags:

when I now look back at Hospital Playlist and  all the relationships and all the rings that did not make it to the other person I wonder if Shin Lee were trying to say that love between two people - the mutual respect, loyalty and support is more important than any tag or label to define it. And the definition of the relationship is really not important when the two people concerned are happy with each other and basically it’s no one else’s problem. It’s more important that they are happy together rather than how society perceived them or wants them to be. 

Rosa and the hospital director staying in the same house and travelling together. They are happy together and whether together platonically or otherwise honestly it’s their choice.

Song Hwa and Iksun not being interested in marriage. But as long as they are committed to their relationship and honestly communicating with their partners about what they want from life and relationships it’s okay. 
Ikjuns ex wife not respecting marriage while she was married to Ikjun shows that the label did not ensure respect, support or loyalty.

At various points the fact that the couples were there for each other and their emotions were genuine and they were all in was more important and symbolic than any legal document or ring could be. Hence although the rings did not make it to Song Hwa, Iksun and gyeoul the couples ended up happy together. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Hospital Playlist 2: Episode 11

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist2-11-00175.jpg

Sometimes a little push is all a person needs to the find the courage to overcome their fears and be honest with themselves. As relationships get redefined and hearts are revealed this episode, it is finally time for our beloved doctors to address the elephant in the room and determine, once and for all, what they truly want.

EPISODE 11 RECAP

hospitalplaylist2-11-00002.jpg

Song-hwa drops by Ik-joon’s office and places his birthday gift and card on his desk where he can see it easily. As she heads to her car, she remembers her bag which she forgot on his chair and turns around. Back in his office, Song-hwa gets distracted by a photo of Ik-joon and Woo-joo, and this time, she leaves behind her phone and nearly exits the parking lot before going back.

Taking this as a sign to stay at the hospital, Song-hwa decides to work in her office and bumps into Jae-hak in the elevators. He assumes she must be on night duty and informs her of all her friends’ whereabouts. He asks her to pass along his birthday wishes to Ik-joon, and she tells him that she probably will not meet him today, either.

The paramedics notify the ER at Yulje Medical Center about one of their doctors being attacked on the streets, and Dr. Bong asks for his name. Meanwhile, Song-hwa makes herself a cup of coffee, and just as she hears the sirens outside, she receives a call from Dr. Bong.

Ik-joon is wheeled in to the ER with his head bandaged and blazer bloodied after being hit by a rock. Dr. Bong yells at him to check if he is conscious, and Ik-joon mumbles under his breath to be quiet because they are in a hospital.

Moments later, Song-hwa runs in and immediately grabs Ik-joon’s hand, which doesn’t go unnoticed by Dr. Bong. She asks if he can hear her, and Ik-joon seems to smile when he sees her. After making sure he can move his arms, she sighs in relief, and he drifts off to sleep.

hospitalplaylist2-11-00021.jpg

The rest of the friends gather in the ICU to see Ik-joon, and Song-hwa tells them that he will be drowsy for a couple of days but should recover. Jung-won tries to wake him up, and Ik-joon grumbles at him to stop shining the light in his eyes.

They step out into the hallway to talk, and Joon-wan offers to contact Ik-soon and notify her of what happened. As for Ik-joon’s upcoming surgeries, the GS chief will handle this week’s cases, and the rest will need to be rescheduled.

Seok-hyung suggests taking turns during the nights to watch Ik-joon, but Song-hwa turns down his idea. She wants to stay by side for the time being, and the others follow her wishes. She sends them back home to get some rest, and they reluctantly shuffle away—each step weighed down with worry.

MORE https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/09/hospital-playlist-2-episode-11/

• Like 2

Hospital Playlist 2: Episode 12 (Final)

by lovepark

hospitalplaylist2-12-00003.jpg

It’s time to say goodbye to our cast and crew as we get a final glimpse into their busy lives. Our lovely five friends do what they do best, but even they are not infallible since doubt and misfortune plague them as well. The show reminds us again that both hope and despair coexist in hospitals, and the line between them can be faint. Like its start, the show ends by highlighting the lives of the five friends, and thus, it gives its wonderful characters one last proper sendoff.

EPISODE 12 RECAP

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/hospitalplaylist2-12-00005.jpg

On her way to work, Song-hwa receives a call about an emergency operation and drives straight towards the main entrance. Meanwhile, Seok-hyung waits for the elevators but pauses when he sees the throng of people inside. However, standing in the crowd is Min-ha who greets him enthusiastically, and Seok-hyung does the unthinkable: he gets on. Aw, look at that character development!

Arriving at the hospital, Song-hwa passes her car along to Jung-won and thanks him for the help as she rushes inside. As for Seok-hyung, he gets ready in his room when Ik-joon drops by and says that he recognizes the classical music playing in the background.

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/hospitalplaylist2-12-00011.jpg

When Seok-hyung doubts him, Ik-joon proposes a simple bet, and his confidence causes Seok-hyung to back down. Unfortunately, Seok-hyung just lost his chance to win a hundred thousand won since Ik-joon has no clue, and instead, imitates another voice. (Somethings don’t change, heh.)

Jung-won takes a quick nap before his appointments, and Joon-wan wakes up his sleepy office mate. Ik-joon stops by to hand them coffees and flies out almost immediately since he has more important places to be. While the two friends sip on their drinks, Jung-won mumbles to himself that he is forgetting a task, and Joon-wan orders to him to shave his face

The last stop on Ik-joon’s morning delivery route is Song-hwa’s room. Unlike the others, he takes his time to write her note, and even includes a heart at the end.

Jung-won meets with an adorable little girl whose pastime is winking at people, and he is happy to report that everything looks good largely thanks to the mom’s dedication. Despite the praise, the mom is worried about her daughter and tells Jung-won that she is open to the idea of a transplant. Before giving his decision, he asks for some time to think things over.

During surgery, Song-hwa offers Seok-min a chance to clip, and though this is his first time, he performs it well. She compliments his skills, and Seok-min thanks her for the opportunity.

Joon-wan joins a presentation about a young patient who he previously operated on at his old hospital. Because of multiple factors, the current surgeons have pushed off his surgery, so the patient’s mom came to Yulje, looking for Joon-wan. The others wonder what he will do, and Joon-wan agrees to operate

hospitalplaylist2-12-00039.jpg

Seok-hyung meets with one of his patients who is due soon, and the expectant mother is adamant about him delivering her baby. He promises to be there if possible, and the expectant mother assures him that she will tell her baby to come out while he is on duty.

Ik-joon walks into the operating room and is shocked to hear that Gyu-wool is finished. She downplays her own accomplishments, but Ik-joon heaps praises onto her.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/10/hospital-playlist-2-episode-12-final/

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Biggest Korean Shows on Netflix in 2021

by Jacob Robinson  @JRobinsonWoN on December 7, 2021, 10:44 am EST 

As we come to the end of 2021, many have already dubbed it as the year that South Korea broke its way into the mainstream throughout the globe. Thanks to hits like Squid Game and Hometown Cha-Cha we’re likely going to see other streamers get in on the trend. Here’s a rundown of the biggest Korean shows on Netflix in 2021.

How are we going to determine the biggest hits? Well, we’re going to do it based on top 10 data and hourly data released by Netflix. It’s not a perfect guide as there is missing data in the case of hourly data but this should give you an overall picture of what’s been trending on Netflix this year out of South Korea.

Note: this data is correct as of December 7th, 2021 – it’ll be updated and adjusted towards the end of 2021.

Hospital Playlist Season 2

2021 Top TV Position: #62
Total Hours Viewed Global Top 10s:72,060,000 Million Hours and Counting

biggest korean shows on netflix in 2021 hospital playlist

Another smash hit in the ratings, Hospital Playlist barely sits under Vincenzo in the list of the highest-rated K-Dramas. However, season 1 does outrank season 2 by only one place, with both seasons sitting 12th and 13th respectively.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/biggest-korean-shows-on-netflix-in-2021/

2021/12/11 | MNET ASIA  MUDIC AWARD (MAMA) 2021

Cho Jung Seok won the BEST OST 좋아좋아 (I Like You) Hospital Playlist Season 2  at MAMA award.  

:yay:

7-E9-C14-E6-B3-B4-461-E-979-E-256-B4-E7-

61-A181-F7-AEDB-427-B-88-BE-48-CA8-C24-D

Cho Jung Seok acceptance speech said he didn't win this award alone, he also mentioned the actors, shin pd, writer lee, and all the staffs who worked hard 

Translation

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 1 month later...

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jeon Mi Do On Her “Thirty-Nine” Character, Why She Cried At Son Ye Jin’s Wedding, Possibility Of “Hospital Playlist 3,” And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 13, 2022
by S. Cho

In an interview with SPOTV news, Jeon Mi Do talked about her latest drama “Thirty-Nine,” working with Son Ye JinKim Ji Hyun, and Lee Moo Saeng, “Hospital Playlist 3,” and more!

Jeon-Mi-Do-1.jpeg

Following the huge success of both seasons of “Hospital Playlist,” Jeon Mi Do was asked about the possibility of Season 3. She answered, “Honestly, the five of us are taking turns to nag the director. No one knows the future and what will happen. The actors always talk about it. We want it. We’re always thinking about it positively.”

Lastly, Jeon Mi Do shared what “Thirty-Nine” means to her, saying, “Honestly to me, it’s a meaningful project that conveys both the transformation of thought and difference in thought. On the other hand, it also feels like I’ve really gained a friend named Jung Chan Young. I also feel like I’ve gained friends in Cha Mi Jo and Jang Joo Hee. It feels like they’ve become good examples of friends. I think it’s a project that has made me good friends. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget this role for a very long time. She lingers a lot in a way that’s different from Song Hwa,” referring to her role in “Hospital Playlist.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1521743wpp/jeon-mi-do-on-her-thirty-nine-character-why-she-cried-at-son-ye-jins-wedding-possibility-of-hospital-playlist-3-and-more

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

2022 APAN Star Awards Announces Nominees

Aug 31, 2022
by L. Kim

The nominees for the 2022 APAN Star Awards have been revealed!

The event will be held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province on September 29. It has been confirmed that Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be the MCs of this year’s APAN Star Awards.

Check out this year’s nominees below!

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries:

Kim Sejeong (SBS’s “A Business Proposal”)

Kim Ji Won (JTBC’s “My Liberation Notes”)

Shin Hyun Been (tvN’s “Hospital Playlist 2,” JTBC’s “Reflection of You”)

Yoo Sun (tvN’s “Eve”)

Lee Se Young (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1543034wpp/2022-apan-star-awards-announces-nominees

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you all excited for the Bluray?! :please:

Besides the loong wait and the high-price of the Bluray, I am so touched by Shin PD's dedication on preparing this! He even said (personally) this Bluray will be come the best Bluray from K-Drama! Hope all the efforts will be worth and paid!

Don't forget to support with completing the survey! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7LroJHDwTSFYzZSiweNrSQXz4CHs9aiJ_rsodqxJLVVf7lA/viewform

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stars Light Up The Red Carpet Of The 2022 APAN Star Awards

Stars Light Up The Red Carpet Of The 2022 APAN Star Awards

Sep 29, 2022
by S. Cho

Stars have lit up the red carpet at the 2022 APAN Star Awards!

On September 29, the 2022 APAN Star Awards was held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province. In the award show’s first offline event in two years, they celebrated all Korean drama content that aired from March 2021 to July 2022. “Bossam: Steal the Fate” and “Good Job” co-stars Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation’s Yuriserved as hosts.

Ahead of this year’s ceremony, various actors took to the red carpet to show off their extravagant fashion!

Check out their red carpet looks below:

MCs Jung Il Woo and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri

Jeon Mi Do

Jeon-Mi-Do.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1547364wpp/stars-light-up-the-red-carpet-of-the-2022-apan-star-awards

• Like 1