[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

you mean he is trying to call TE from the phone booth? Or he went to ROK in 1994 to tell her because then, wouldn’t TE be a little girl only?

OOOOOOOOOH maybe that was the one we saw wd the spoiler pics. when he visited little tae euuuuuuuul

3 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Hmmm, can I volunteer to teach him English?? :lol: Or we all volunteer as a group - and we have to teach him all our slangs and innuendos! 

On an aside, I am 30 plus pages late on this forum ... sigh ... I told myself to give up ... but I guess I have this masochistic streak ... 

Also, I am on the lookout for lmao golden nuggets from @AgentQuake @mrsj3n @vangsweetie637 and all the freaking mind-bending Math genius stuff from @SweetButters & @mychoiyoung plus BEAUTIFUL gifs / poems / analysis from @lyrically aesthetic & someone whose ID starts with ‘Br_____’?? Sigh ... I haven’t noted down all your handles / IDs yet ... GAAAAAHHHH!! 

And of course funny gifs from @Ameera Ali and funny and interesting comments from my fellow Royal Court Lady @Heretorant - Most of us RCLs have migrated permanently to the Shipper’s Thread! :sweatingbullets::wub:

GAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH :wub:

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, it does raise the question: what happens to JTE in the future? I still believe something bad happens, possibly her dying. He definitely came to her at the end of episode 10 full of regrets. He spoke as though it was his first and last chance to ever give her flowers and tell her he loves her. He was completely broken and helpless. If you ask me, he acted like he was meeting a lover who’s passed away. 

SleepyRepulsiveKinkajou-small.gif

2 hours ago, Time loop said:

Maximus has been a great cast addition. Hope he gets more love calls without audition this time:lol:

The fact that benjamin is living a better life than I am makes me wanna be a dashing horse in my next life!!!

46 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

WTH is this? It’s from TKEM right? Everyone else looks different except for LR & Prince B

What happened to the king's face????????????

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 7

Commenting after a long time. For me this june is super packet. Final episodes of TKEM and season 3 of DARK. RIP to my brain. :sweatingbullets: some time i wonder what if DARK broadcast on Korean tv.:crazy: i cant even imagine. The rating will be lower in the history of kdrama. Did Anybody watch dark here 

• LOL 5

10 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Speaking about the PM? Since she is not the PM anymore and pretty much impeached what benefits dose she have that could interest LG? She has nothing to offer LG now and he could pretty much cut short on bad investments

If there are like 10 more episodes of TKEM, I would think that she will cause some mayhem for JTE.

Anything to discredit JTE and stop LG from going ahead with the wedding.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5495952

But with 3 episodes left, maybe she will appear with her forced laugh trying to gloat or and waste screen time about how she climb from all the way from the bottom.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=11676106

Else I hope she stays forgotten.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, gwin said:

Incidentally, if you watch the first episode, you can hear the flute sounds that LG is referring to when he goes to the bamboo forest when he was chasing after the person in the bunny hoodie.

I've been wanting to ask this:

Actually in episode 1.. I heard the sound of the flute when LR was near the obelisk.

Did LR hear it or not?

6 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

What are your favorite TKEM songs so far? Mine's got to be Orbit, Gravity, Please Don't Cry, Dream, and My Day is Full of You. :wub:

Mine will be Dream, Gravity and Please don't cry.

:blush:

3 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

On an aside, I am 30 plus pages late on this forum ... sigh ... I told myself to give up ... but I guess I have this masochistic streak ... 

Spoiler

tenor.gif

That's the spirit! 

:joy:

I weep a little whenever the page increases after I finish catching up 1 page.

But hey.. it's nice to read up on each and everyone's theories and views!

:relaxed:

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, it does raise the question: what happens to JTE in the future? I still believe something bad happens, possibly her dying. He definitely came to her at the end of episode 10 full of regrets. He spoke as though it was his first and last chance to ever give her flowers and tell her he loves her. He was completely broken and helpless. If you ask me, he acted like he was meeting a lover who’s passed away. 

Why are you killing JTE again? :joy:

Actually for me, it felt like he was compelled to be separated with JTE forever (because of having to marry *cough* PM Koo *cough) and left JTE completely heartbroken.

3 hours ago, Spring Lady said:

I'm okay with no wedding but can we get proper bed scene? like the close-up one. we don't need that zoom out thing in that scene anymore and no hiding things:triumph: i need to bless my eyes:wub:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=5892980

Thank you! I need the blessing too. :lol:

Especially when so many here made me want to change my eyes for another new set so that I can see what they are seeing...

I think my poor eyes really need a blessing so that I can see the same thing too. :joy:

Omg!!!

Finished catching up!

tenor.gif?itemid=5647550

:joy:

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Its hilarious that twitter post... now they have a PR office that updates the public on the Corea's Royal Family events:D.... very good and dedicated fan indeed...

You know, even if the ending has the so called lazy writing, convenient writing or whatever it is, as long as our couple lived happy ever after with stiff JY to look after our future heirs, i really dont give a dime... 

I just want an Extremely Happy Ending for our couple and all the fans around the world! :wub:

So haters can just suck it up... ahhaha... :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Something tells me that due to Lee Lim going back to visit his younger self in 94 pre-night of treason has already started the first altering move of the time-travel. So regardless of what happens LG has to go back otherwise he can get completely written off history by killing his younger self on the night of treason. Lee Lim made the first move already

2. Things could change imo on the night of treason because Lee Lim will come prepared somehow as his warned on before hand which could complicate things enough for LG to be unable to drop the ID card to Baby LG leaving him obviously no links or hints. He wil have to grow up and run into JTE and learn to love her allover again 

I do not know time loops/travel/whatever but I agree with point 1 and 2. At least that is where the story seems to be taking us.

LR has made the move, i donot know how will LG save his young self but I hope JTE plays a big role.

Last I hope it is a time loop such that their love story gets gravitas. Star crossed lovers couldnt get together though they tried xx number of times but this time something different happened :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, madmad min said:
3 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

I recall reading an Eastern European guy's post on that place once and he got it right. He said it's a niche cult place and with not much traffic going on. Which is absolutely correct it's mostly repetitive and same posters repeating themselves over and over again. They are also as per say not end consumers but people who have stake in the drama or actors-actresses and Could be hard-core fans who feel threatened by others successes and agencies active there. Another question to be asked if you are end consumer then why would you even frequently there everyday? Normal general audience don't have time for such thing and have no pre-bias they watch what they find to be interesting but these people don't fall into this category. They have strong biases and emotionally motivated otherwise they wouldn't be there everyday.  

Another thing to note is that they are absolutely detached from general public census. If you move into the mainstream social media the perception is quite different as day and night. Go to places of gathering on the mainstream places like Youtube Swoon, FB, TW, weibo etc etc. You will quickly realize that they are a niche and a very small cult I won't even say cult but a band of friends numbering less then 10 who seem to be detached from general public census

Woah that some hard-hitting thesaurus Terms you used here :) . Trolls are the same ones, Like we have fanatic culture, same is the Troll Club culture. Funny thing with this show is Trolling is done not only on the OTP but on Writer's work as well. I have no clue what Korean local media posts, but English Writers are also on tail for this show nitpicking every-little thing which does not make sense.

The same set of trolls would have loved the same writers other works but are hell-bent on writing negative reviews. I for one do not read Youtube comments, because of the interface but man on every second blog even the writing style is similar for negative views.

Are you guys talking of KP or DB? Or both? Or different ones? Just curious...

And thanks goodness I finished back tracking!  Am reminded of school where you missed  school days & you need to catch up on readings, LOL.  It is literally like that here!

WTH is this? It’s from TKEM right? Everyone...

@nikki7 Not sure about the rest but what am sure ONE looks veeeeeery different.  BTW, please tag that as SPOILERS

8 hours ago, gwin said:

Incidentally, if you watch the first episode, you can hear the flute sounds that LG is referring to when he goes to the bamboo forest when he was chasing after the person in the bunny hoodie.

I've been wanting to ask this:

Actually in episode 1.. I heard the sound of the flute when LR was near the obelisk.

Did LR hear it or not?

@mrsj3n   I believe he did cos he looked down at the flute when the sound came in.

Or at least the show had us viewers hear the flute making its sound before the obelisks appeared.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

If there are like 10 more episodes of TKEM, I would think that she will cause some mayhem for JTE.

Anything to discredit JTE and stop LG from going ahead with the wedding.

Hide contents

But with 3 episodes left, maybe she will appear with her forced laugh trying to gloat or and waste screen time about how she climb from all the way from the bottom.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

She is ambitious hence why she will always get in the way for JTE no matter what as long she has something to do with LG. 

I thought she was a good character in the beginning until she turned to the dark forces but the actress playing her is doing great job hope to see more of her

• Like 5

I noticed something in a spoiler (that I was not meaning to look at :o):

Spoiler

LG appears to have a red wallet in his back pocket.

Could that scene with the wallet thief actually have some meaning??

Like LG sets it up for TE to find it?  Using Luna comes to mind.

(PM's double uses a red wallet, too.)

Over-analyzing here.  :blink:

ea68ff4c2840677dd841bdd5ec03dd06abcbd635

Here's a link to almost anything you'd ever want to know about time travel:

Models of Time Travel: A Comparative Study Using Films

(be warned, it's 542 pages)

@mychoiyoung and (anyone else who follows all the blogs),  

Which one do you think is best for keeping up with TKEM?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Are you guys talking of KP or DB? Or both? Or different ones? Just curious...

And thanks goodness I finished back tracking!  Am reminded of school where you missed  school days & you need to catch up on readings, LOL.  It is literally like that here!

KP DB JM KB, It is ridiculous amount of time spent in hating , even in quarantine why would they need constantly to do so is beyond me, but then again we have saving graces from Soompi and Forbes. 

@1ouise , the Red thing looks more like a Design or handkerchief not wallet. Why would LG even in his Soju Drunk mind carry something related to EX PM Koo?? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

It's not like I don't like their romance etc. etc. Because there r people out there who scorn this drama just because they cannot find a logical reason to "fall in love" so fast.

I'd like to add some quote from HBM, a recently ended drama, it says you just need three seconds to fall in love. It doesn't need much reason how and why but it's more like your heart and mind are already attached since the first time both eyes met. Dunno what we see in ep 1 is their first meeting or not, because of the time travel/time loop speculations. But from that moment they have more than just 3 seconds to fall in love. Well, I haven't read the previous posts here but he's been holding onto her card and took her as company to his loneliness. He must grow that love since early days. And he couldn't meet her before and thought she wasn't exist. So when he finally met her it was a whole new world for him. 

Does this kind of love exist in real life? Of course. I did. I fall for my senior at college just the moment I saw him. Hahaha. Even I can't date him but I like him in silent behind the shadow. Why I like him. Dunno, I just like him. And later on I found he also has nice personality. 

Like this is thier MAIN reason. And instead of hanging on to the drama (cuz the plot is really good) and keep the faith, they bash it like nobody's business. I for one, was once one that was not into their romance at the beginning but I stayed on because of the plot. I am glad I came in here because then I could understand the drama better cuz it does take a bit of thinking (okay, maybe a LOT) to understand what is happening. I just hate it that people bash when they cannot understand something. To call both leads no chemistry, imma like whhhhhaaattt?! 

Lol. While I'm not that into their romance either at first. But I didn't hate it or like it. I just thought they look good. But then it becomes more interesting as I continue episode 2. 

Ikr, I found it a bit confusing at first. But I keep it to myself, then I got some good explanation here. It was fun because I found the answer to this confusion early as I follow this thread regularly. 

Well, this is a fantasy where usually we dont need to use our brain much to think but here they take us to think all the time or even study more things than before. Lol

But anyway.. Yeah. If u have been around recaps sites, like the one I always frequented, argh. The amount of negative vibes. 

Hmm... I think I know this site.

Spoiler

Well, it's a pity that this is the place that I frequently visit for recaps. But I skip the C-section. It boils your head with their toxic comments. Scaryyy! :sweatingbullets: Even not all commenters but most of them are more into bashing than having an objective review. 

I need to replay all my favourite LG-JTE scenes to discharge myself from their negative ions

Since I re-watched the recent one. I like when he smiled at the dining table for breakfast while JTE saw him in surprised. She decided to stay for breakfast because of him too. And love the part when she gives him the clothes. And how he jokingly replied to her worries of him being too shining. Hahaha. What a lovely couple. :wub:

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Orientalfan said:

Of course it would be KOC. When PM Khoo asked whether they should reduce medical benefit to increase budget for services...King LG said, Medical and Education is his people's right...not benefits. 

I love that line...it shows his love to his people and want whats best for them

I too would like it to be KOC with Lee Gon as president and Medical care and education is a right and Lee Gon take over from Trump :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Btw, has someone already resolved the issue about Chief Park? Why does he keep going out at night and "meeting" his teammates? Is he meeting someone else? Is he connected with LL? :blink:

This is one of those things I hope would mean something because otherwise I would be so annoyed!  There were so many references to it already!  Off the top of my head:

1.   That scene with SJ and Chief Park's wife

2.   That scene in the police station with all of them and JTE curious about what his time off meant

3.   That scene with Chief Park and his wife in the grocery

4.   And then there were scenes where Chief Park messaged SJ (I think more than once?) to use him as an excuse

I DONT GET IT.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

I have two questions if anyone can give a good explanation

LG does not like to be touched yet he puts his arms around fellow rowers shoulders after they won the race :D

He hugs JTE and then when she wants his fingerprints he claims he cannot be touched. Why should JTE believe him when he hugged her so tight a couple of hours earlier.

Second question - ES seems to be a normal healthy man so why is he not a soldier in Military Service but works in Civil Service instead, was it ever explained in the drama or somewhere else?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I have two questions if anyone can give a good explanation

LG does not like to be touched yet he puts his arms around fellow rowers shoulders after they won the race :D

He hugs JTE and then when she wants his fingerprints he claims he cannot be touched. Why should JTE believe him when he hugged her so tight a couple of hours earlier.

Second question - ES seems to be a normal healthy man so why is he not a soldier in Military Service but works in Civil Service instead, was it ever explained in the drama or somewhere else?

I think LG has no problem touching others (when he is the one who initiates contact), but has a problem with others touching him (unless its JTE of course).

No explanation on ES.  Not that the show bothered to give us much information on ES anyway.  Sigh.

• Like 7