[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

51 minutes ago, Heretorant said:
1 hour ago, deabakdrama said:

@Orientalfan But i still could not understand why he will take a long time to find her? Even future LG wants to see TE, he supposed travel to meet his timeline's TE. Am I right? Gosh..........This is the first  in my lifetime, guessing the drama from beginning episode till the end. Solute to the writer KES.   

Yes, it does raise the question: what happens to JTE in the future? I still believe something bad happens, possibly her dying. He definitely came to her at the end of episode 10 full of regrets. He spoke as though it was his first and last chance to ever give her flowers and tell her he loves her. He was completely broken and helpless. If you ask me, he acted like he was meeting a lover who’s passed away.

Or he acted like he was meeting a lover cos he passed away

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Thong Thin hi chingu! yup! Very true! This thread moves fast :D 

@gwin @leeminhosny if that newspaper is the same one from episode 1 alongside the phone booth then the year is most likely 1994. He is definitely going to go back to the past very soon. This can be why he tells TE to let him go in the preview. 

I had this sudden thought: we saw that he prevented his own death 25 years ago so if he goes back, I wonder if it’s to stop his uncle from actually killing his dad because if he arrives first, he can save his dad hence the flute won’t be cut in half, thus stopping the chain of events that leads to 25 years later :sweatingbullets::blink:

He still has to also go back and save himself and things have changed this time as 94 Lee Lim perhaps knows about a future Lee Gon's arrival. He will likely prepare for his arrival and won't be taken by surprise this time 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

That is interesting if he prevents the death of LJH then he could join him on his return to 94 provided that LR dosen't kill him again before he grows older but something dosen't add up. Why would he not save himself first instead of saving first LJH?

Something to do with JTE perhaps.

All the Timeline discussion, even if KGE attempts something like avengers, How does JTE retain her side of memory???

Clearly baby JTE meeting an ADULT LG was not a part of memory, or maybe it will also be jogged once she sees him wearing the costume.(As per spoilers , Her black belt wherein JTE is written in golden is given by LG to her baby self or something on those lines).

We are all waiting for the timetravel mechanism to reveal itself.Too many what if scenes are there to coherently be added.

We should have a soompi wide POLL to see who thinks there are 1 Savior or 2 Savior

LG only

LG1 LG2

LG JY

LG SJ

LG Luna

LG JTE

:phew:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Something to do with JTE perhaps.

All the Timeline discussion, even if KGE attempts something like avengers, How does JTE retain her side of memory???

Clearly baby JTE meeting an ADULT LG was not a part of memory, or maybe it will also be jogged once she sees him wearing the costume.(As per spoilers , Her black belt wherein JTE is written in golden is given by LG to her baby self or something on those lines).

We are all waiting for the timetravel mechanism to reveal itself.Too many what if scenes are there to coherently be added.

JTE could have retained her memories because of that event where he goes back and meets her youger self Or due to plant she planted. 

1. Something tells me that due to Lee Lim going back to visit his younger self in 94 pre-night of treason has already started the first altering move of the time-travel. So regardless of what happens LG has to go back otherwise he can get completely written off history by killing his younger self on the night of treason. Lee Lim made the first move already

2. Things could change imo on the night of treason because Lee Lim will come prepared somehow as his warned on before hand which could complicate things enough for LG to be unable to drop the ID card to Baby LG leaving him obviously no links or hints. He wil have to grow up and run into JTE and learn to love her allover again 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Spoiler

Yoyo kid is most likely a deity. God of Fate, Time, Justice, Balance, Death..we are not exactly sure. We do know YoYo kid is not an ordinary person :D

@leeminhosny that makes sense. It explains the other spoilers we saw.

Man, this is the one time I should have read Harry Potter, watched the Flash and remember BTTF. All these references which I am not familiar is making my mind confused :lol: the only one I am familiar with is End Game haha. 

i took a huge step and went to ask my sister who thinks TKEM is too complicated about Harry Potter (since she is a huge HP fan). She ends up giving me a whole story of all the books and I am looking at her like “ummmm..what??”

and then when I tell her I need to understand the time travel concept so I can use it to understand TKEM, she suddenly sings Orbit and uses Peyha’s epic words “Protect her! She is the future Queen of KOC”! And tells me “I just love Orbit.”

And my response: “You, who only watches clips on YT of this drama..”

:joy:

In the end, she and I got no where.

Harry Potter was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less complicated than TKEM. Potterheads most definitely have read all 7 books before the movie(s) was released. Thus, us Potterheads know every bits of the details of the story. The movies was just a visualization of what we have read. Honestly, I am not so impressed with some of the HP movies making because they  altered some details and some characters do not match with what I have expected in my mind. :D

TKEM is complicated because we have a lot of questions: why , when, how, who ..etc. For normal viewers, they tend to just watch every episodes without questioning andjust wait till the finale episode for the warp up or reveal. For complicated minded viewers like us, we opt to think and rationalizing everything and "work" along the writer scripts/plots every week. Hahaha.

I am not sure whether TKEM is an adaptation of any book/novel in South Korea or it is fresh from KES's mind. If it was book adaptation, people in SK must already know the storyline.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Types of tkem fans - 

obsessive shipper- has 4 prayer circles. one for their selfie, one for their dating news, one for their marriage and one for their twins. 

d-word (death) dropper- wakes up and decides to formulate a theory to kill everyone but lee lim. 

fanfic beggar- will go door to door begging for fanfics. anything works. even maximus ones.

student of mathematician lee gon- breaks down all the nerd richard simmons his teacher says

haters- ya'll not fans. get tf out. 

cr. @kdramastam1 twitter

• LOL 23

Wow.. So many back pages to read. 

Thank you everyone who has theories and reasons for why LG is invested in JTE so quickly in the drama. And then announce her Queen by end of 2nd episode. 

It's not like I don't like their romance etc. etc. Because there r people out there who scorn this drama just because they cannot find a logical reason to "fall in love" so fast. Like this is thier MAIN reason. And instead of hanging on to the drama (cuz the plot is really good) and keep the faith, they bash it like nobody's business. I for one, was once one that was not into their romance at the beginning but I stayed on because of the plot. I am glad I came in here because then I could understand the drama better cuz it does take a bit of thinking (okay, maybe a LOT) to understand what is happening. I just hate it that people bash when they cannot understand something. To call both leads no chemistry, imma like whhhhhaaattt?! 

But anyway.. Yeah. If u have been around recaps sites, like the one I always frequented, argh. The amount of negative vibes. 

I need to replay all my favourite LG-JTE scenes to discharge myself from their negative ions. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Hahaah.  @Time loop :joy: did over praise Maximus and follows the horse on instagram

You got me red handed. I tuned in to watch that MV for Maximus I don't follow Kpop due to language barrier but I was tracking Maximus. 

And Yes I do follow him on Instagram his a fine horse 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

But he did interfere with the past.  If the saviour/s did not come on the Night of Treason, LR would have been able to strangle Young LG to death, right?

@Steely @Thong Thin It was discussed many pages ago that going back in time would only possible up to the point when the flute was broken in two. Which means he cannot undo the death of his Dad cos it happened when the flute was still intact. Cos imagine if anyone can travel back w/o any limit, then he  can undo so may other things e.g. for LR never to be born - then they would not have this problem. 

For that matter, LR can also do the same thing. He can change the status of his mother from concubine to queen. Then he would have noble blood and have rights to the throne.

I think there has to be logical limits to time travelling in TKEM, otherwise everything will be messier than what it already is.

No he did not interfere with the past, if this is a causal loop we are talking about. There is no past where young LG dies, because he will always be saved by adult LG.

In the same way as in Harry Potter, there is no past where Harry is killed by the dementors, because future Harry will always be there to save himself.

Compare this for example with BTTF.  There is a timeline where Doc Brown dies, when he gets shot by terrorists.  His death already happened.  And yet Marty was able to "reverse" it by going back to the past to warn Doc Brown of the terrorists so that Doc Brown can wear the bulletproof vest.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Wow.. So many back pages to read. 

Thank you everyone who has theories and reasons for why LG is invested in JTE so quickly in the drama. And then announce her Queen by end of 2nd episode. 

It's not like I don't like their romance etc. etc. Because there r people out there who scorn this drama just because they cannot find a logical reason to "fall in love" so fast. Like this is thier MAIN reason. And instead of hanging on to the drama (cuz the plot is really good) and keep the faith, they bash it like nobody's business. I for one, was once one that was not into their romance at the beginning but I stayed on because of the plot. I am glad I came in here because then I could understand the drama better cuz it does take a bit of thinking (okay, maybe a LOT) to understand what is happening. I just hate it that people bash when they cannot understand something. To call both leads no chemistry, imma like whhhhhaaattt?! 

But anyway.. Yeah. If u have been around recaps sites, like the one I always frequented, argh. The amount of negative vibes. 

I need to replay all my favourite LG-JTE scenes to discharge myself from their negative ions. 

I recall reading an Eastern European guy's post on that place once and he got it right. He said it's a niche cult place and with not much traffic going on. Which is absolutely correct it's mostly repetitive and same posters repeating themselves over and over again. They are also as per say not end consumers but people who have stake in the drama or actors-actresses and Could be hard-core fans who feel threatened by others successes and agencies active there. Another question to be asked if you are end consumer then why would you even be there frequently everyday? Normal general audience don't have time for such thing and have no pre-bias they watch what they find to be interesting but these few don't fall into this category. They have strong biases and emotionally motivated otherwise they wouldn't be there everyday and there is some sort of competitiveness to them. This has invalidated there opinion but I can have fun with it sometimes and laugh at their comments but I don't take anything they say serious as they are being competitive. 

Another thing to note is that they are absolutely detached from general public census. If you move into the mainstream social media the perception is quite different as day and night. Go to places of gathering on the mainstream places like Youtube Swoon, FB, TW, weibo etc etc. You will quickly realize that they are a niche and a very small cult I won't even say cult but a band of friends numbering few who seem to be detached from general public census

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@mrsj3n have you caught up yet? I woke up with 7 pages to backtrack so I figured you may have it worse than I did lol.

No!!! :cold_sweat:

I checked 1 page and duty calls and have been busy with work since then..

And now I have 10 pages to catch up.

tenor.gif?itemid=16648841

So back to catching up now....

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

12 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I recall reading an Eastern European guy's post on that place once and he got it right. He said it's a niche cult place and with not much traffic going on. Which is absolutely correct it's mostly repetitive and same posters repeating themselves over and over again. They are also as per say not end consumers but people who have stake in the drama or actors-actresses and Could be hard-core fans who feel threatened by others successes and agencies active there. Another question to be asked if you are end consumer then why would you even frequently there everyday? Normal general audience don't have time for such thing and have no pre-bias they watch what they find to be interesting but these people don't fall into this category. They have strong biases and emotionally motivated otherwise they wouldn't be there everyday.  

Another thing to note is that they are absolutely detached from general public census. If you move into the mainstream social media the perception is quite different as day and night. Go to places of gathering on the mainstream places like Youtube Swoon, FB, TW, weibo etc etc. You will quickly realize that they are a niche and a very small cult I won't even say cult but a band of friends numbering less then 10 who seem to be detached from general public census

Woah that some hard-hitting thesaurus Terms you used here :) . Trolls are the same ones, Like we have fanatic culture, same is the Troll Club culture. Funny thing with this show is Trolling is done not only on the OTP but on Writer's work as well. I have no clue what Korean local media posts, but English Writers are also on tail for this show nitpicking every-little thing which does not make sense.

The same set of trolls would have loved the same writers other works but are hell-bent on writing negative reviews. I for one do not read Youtube comments, because of the interface but man on every second blog even the writing style is similar for negative views.

• Like 7

Well... that blogger is on a rampage to criticise the show as much as possible. Again, brings in more traffic right... hahhaa... 

Hilarious but whatever it takes i guess. 

I saw a video yesterday i think, it was kinda cute that Maximus actually nudged Yeong when he fell on LG... and Yeong said it hurts! Haha.. even horses can feel:)... trying wake Yeong up... hahaaaa

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Woah that some hard-hitting thesaurus Terms you used here :) . Trolls are the same ones, Like we have fanatic culture, same is the Troll Club culture. Funny thing with this show is Trolling is done not only on the OTP but on Writer's work as well. I have no clue what Korean local media posts, but English Writers are also on tail for this show nitpicking every-little thing which does not make sense.

I know multiple of blogs and news sites who are positive of TKEM even Forbes and mainstream media give positive review somewhat. 

You don't have to read YT as they are waay numerous to sit thru but just check the like and dislike on swoon they can't gather together even 100 dislikes sometimes and they get even further lost in the comment sections. 

So what they technically do is go to niche areas and be competitve. They are very easy to see thru like super easy

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Ohmyy. Until now??? The drama is about to end. They're still dedicating their time and energy to bash it? <_<

• Like 3