[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/nigeria

Okay first Latin America, then now TKEM is #1 in Nigeria. Like, I cannot even fathom how like.. HOW???! 

Flixpatrol just shows 50 countries so far but yesterday started to show Nigeria, this is good , because King is #1 in Nigeria generally, now King's point will rise more 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 4

Just a quick break from all the theories: I'm listening to the TKEM OST playlist now and I'm crying my heart out on Please Don't Cry (how ironic) :bawling: What are your favorite TKEM songs so far? Mine's got to be Orbit, Gravity, Please Don't Cry, Dream, and My Day is Full of You. :wub:

Here's the playlist I'm following btw:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0dchbTpekf0dEjwD4Vw13k?si=HqqDpga6R6uxFP6ELsK8NA

• Like 4
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, gwin said:

This is similar to what I think will happen but you summarized it better than I could ever have.

I'm in the minority and I think that we won't get multiple timelines.  Or at least we have not seen multiple timelines yet.  I think what we are seeing right now is one timeline.

Also, if the writer is using the time travel similar to Harry Potter, it means that the past could not be changed, but the future can (similar to your example above with The Flash).   So even if LG goes back in time, he can no longer change the events that have already happened (LR opening the gate, killing doppelgangers left and right etc).  But he can do certain things (like drop clues) that may affect things in the future and this is what I think he will actually do.  

This is also why I think JTE does not die, because once she does, then it cannot be undone (ala Avengers).  LG goes back in time probably before JTE is in danger of dying, so he can prevent that future from ever happening.

It's kinda confusing, but it's the type of time travel that makes the most sense.

@gwin Yea at first, I used to think also that this was a Harry Potter type time travel. However, in the realm of Harry Potter type time travel, it was just one universe and one world. Here in TKEM, its quite a bit different in that you have two worlds and two universes connected by a wormhole. Yea I also thought about all the little clues he has dropped was his future self steering his present self in the right direction.  I do believe eventually one timeline becomes the permanent one, but before we get to one timeline solidifying we going to be put through viewing a few different ones. The only factor which I have not accounted for throughout all of this is the yo yo kid factor. So I believe that if any time travel paradox were to exist, the yoyo kid being probably a 4th dimension being would fix them lol. Anyways, here's an earlier post I made how time travel could occur. At this point my brain has been so warped, I'm not even sure what day it is :joy: !

• Like 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Just a quick break from all the theories: I'm listening to the TKEM OST playlist now and I'm crying my heart out on Please Don't Cry (how ironic) :bawling: What are your favorite TKEM songs so far? Mine's got to be Orbit, Gravity, Please Don't Cry, Dream, and My Day is Full of You. :wub:

Here's the playlist I'm following btw:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0dchbTpekf0dEjwD4Vw13k?si=HqqDpga6R6uxFP6ELsK8NA

Dream, Orbit and I Just Want to Stay With You are my favorites.  I've been listening to Dream every damn day since it was released.

But honestly, it's the instrumental music they use as background for certain scenes which I like more.  I wish they would hurry up and release them!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Westminster Abbey is so beautiful and I want them to have a wedding like Wills and Kate okay THE CAMBRIDGES AREN'T EVEN FIRST IN LINE LET ALONE THE KING.

I need a wedding that's as grand as Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo's.

Aahh, that would complete the fantasy love story. Dashing KIng with brave beautiful Queen - I get the chills just thinking about it!

8 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

@Heilo @Time loop @AgentQuake But look at the data. 

1. Epi 13 informed us that LG is the saviour who checked out Kid LG. That saviour was the  3rd entrant.  

2, But Epi 13 also informed us that LG was wearing the same get-up & pair of shoes of the 1st & 2nd entrants.

This implies all entrants are LG invalidating the multiple saviour theory.

But why was the 3rd entrant who is supposed to be LG wearing a different pair of shoes vs 1ST or 2ND entrants who were also supposed to be LG as well ? You see where it gets confusing now?

If it is not a simple case of wardrobe gaffe, then dang!  And if so, then the revelation of LG at epi 13 is indeed anti-climactic

Time travel means he came back two times.  :ph34r:

@1ouise Well if not a wardrobe gaffe, then that is shaping up to be the explanation for the lone saviour theory. That would be the plot twist needed to compensate for the anti-climactic reveal in epi 13.

Otherwise, a really nice twist would be the multiple saviour theory. More inline withthe 4 Tiger sword imagery.

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

Guys, if you had a choice... would you want to live in a Constitutional Monarchy KOC, or a Constitutional Republic ROK? 

Monarchy definitely! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@vangsweetie637any idea who is the mysterious Yoyo kid ?  :confused:

Yoyo kid is most likely a deity. God of Fate, Time, Justice, Balance, Death..we are not exactly sure. We do know YoYo kid is not an ordinary person :D

@leeminhosny that makes sense. It explains the other spoilers we saw.

Man, this is the one time I should have read Harry Potter, watched the Flash and remember BTTF. All these references which I am not familiar is making my mind confused :lol: the only one I am familiar with is End Game haha. 

i took a huge step and went to ask my sister who thinks TKEM is too complicated about Harry Potter (since she is a huge HP fan). She ends up giving me a whole story of all the books and I am looking at her like “ummmm..what??”

and then when I tell her I need to understand the time travel concept so I can use it to understand TKEM, she suddenly sings Orbit and uses Peyha’s epic words “Protect her! She is the future Queen of KOC”! And tells me “I just love Orbit.”

And my response: “You, who only watches clips on YT of this drama..”

tenor.gif?itemid=5087259

:joy:

In the end, she and I got no where.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:
Spoiler

Yoyo kid is most likely a deity. God of Fate, Time, Justice, Balance, Death..we are not exactly sure. We do know YoYo kid is not an ordinary person :D

Man, this is the one time I should have read Harry Potter, watched the Flash and remember BTTF. All these references which I am not familiar is making my mind confused :lol: the only one I am familiar with is End Game haha. 

i took a huge step and went to ask my sister who thinks TKEM is too complicated about Harry Potter (since she is a huge HP fan). She ends up giving me a whole story of all the books and I am looking at her like “ummmm..what??”

and then when I tell her I need to understand the time travel concept so I can use it to understand TKEM, she suddenly sings Orbit and uses Peyha’s epic words “Protect her! She is the future Queen of KOC”! And tells me “I just love Orbit.”

Yoyo kid is most likely a deity. God of Fate, Time, Justice, Balance, Death..we are not exactly sure. We do know YoYo kid is not an ordinary person ... I get goosebump when i see this  yoyo kid,  his look &  expression makes me :confused:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Spoiler

Harry Potter and BTTF time travel are not very complicated, I'd be happy to summarize them both here and explain for the benefit of those who haven't seen them :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i like this scene too! :wub:

This is one of my favorite scenes too:

the raw emotions played out by KGE as TE in this whole scene was amazing! The desperation that she may die fighting but yet she holds onto the gun, and the realization when LG comes and she can just break down..it really still gets to my heart strings. I can still remember her cries when he is fighting his way to her. She just relaxes and breaks down because she thought no one would know where she was, and no one would come save her. And there he was, the person she was hoping she would see. And LG’s affirmation: “PROTECT HER. SHE IS THE FUTURE QUEEN OF KOC.” Just wow.. :wub::wub: and the music was right on cue. Love it! 

This is also my favorite scene. For all the reasons you mention and more, I have played this scene over and over because the emotions depicted are just so raw. JTE is so brave, never giving up prepare to stand her ground and die. I loved that she was no wimpy damsel in distress but instead was a strong kick a$$ woman ready to go down fighting. Watching this scene is a delight not only to the eye but also the ear. First in the silence of the night you hear the sounds of LR's gang of thugs marching towards you. The rhythm of those feet is so scary. Then suddenly the sounds of helicopters are added along with the wail of sirens. The symphony of sound is almost complete when the steady powerful clip clop of horses hooves is added. I found my heart was racing as out of nowhere our hero literally appears to save the day. But again this is no ordinary saving. The king jumps from his horse and now our visuals take over. Lee Gon moves to his lady in a dance of death that is beautiful, powerful and moving. At this point not only is my heart racing but now I am cheering him on. The final part of this scene is one of the most romantic moments of the drama. Having vanquished the evil doers, the king hands off his sword and runs into the arms of the one he loves. At last my heart racing, I can breath. It was perfection personified. 

• Like 6
  • Love 13

12 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Yoyo kid is most likely a deity. God of Fate, Time, Justice, Balance, Death..we are not exactly sure. We do know YoYo kid is not an ordinary person ... I get goosebump when i see this  yoyo kid,  his look &  expression makes me :confused:

Ohhh..did you see that scene yet? The one that made all of us felt like we were suddenly watching a horror movie? :joy: btw, don’t quote pictures. Delete the pictures/gifs if you quote. It’s part of the forum rules :D 

8 minutes ago, gwin said:

Harry Potter and BTTF time travel are not very complicated, I'd be happy to summarize them both here and explain for the benefit of those who haven't seen them :)

Omo..i was just about to ask if anyone can summarize it for me so yes, please :D I know too little of both HP and BTTF so it’s hard for me to connect it into the concept here. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Speaking about the PM? Since she is not the PM anymore and pretty much impeached what benefits dose she have that could interest LG? She has nothing to offer LG now and he could pretty much cut short on bad investments

But PM w/o her position, w/o any hope with LG would be more motivated to spread rumors about TE with Luna's background. And since Luna has a criminal record already with her last incarceration, the public and the political party would believe that TE is indeed a criminal. This would make LG look bad to the public. 

Talk about putting a wrench in the works.  Like their love story does not have enough challenges as it is with the parallel worlds. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Since my brain has melted now ...... what if the battle for the halves of the flute creates a force inside the wormhole shooting LG and LR in random directions in space time kinda like Harry Potter (probably won't happened, but one can only imagine at this point):joy:

58438635835AFB583F0DE401F76959F7FD7261AB

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

Is lunch time now and was reading a news posted out by Pinkvilla.

Seems our King LG posted a spoiler from his Instagram with photos running down an aisle surrounded by white chairs and golden satin ribbons.  

Guess is a happy ending , lol :love:

• Like 3
  • Love 3