[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Wow to the Armada navy ships :heart:

King Lee Gon is the most handsome King in this real world, OMG he is also the most handsome Navy Commander in the entire Sea!!!

Let me salute him first.

tenor.gif?itemid=5159091

Daebak episode 6.

Now we know why LG skin is a bit dark, he's been on the ship for awhile.

So the King Uncle is a never aging time traveler, but the King is growing (aging) then become a time traveler.

wonder how The Uncle that aging immunity from. He's not a vampire.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

A dumb question: why does he (LG) come to the realization that JTE is in danger? Can someone please explain. My brain failed to process that.

I think LG realized that JTE is in danger because she has feelings for him and his Evil Uncle LR is in the same world as JTE. LG has really good foresight and he likely knows that since LR has the other half of the flute, he can also do what LG does, travel between worlds. The fact that there are others in JTE world means so many things. JTE has also realized this while she was listening to the news recording. 

On a side note, my opinion regarding time travel is that it will be restricted to LG only since he is a mathematician and can solve how to harness time. LR on the other hand can only experience when time stops but not maneuver time. This is why LG (I think it is him who saves his young self, hence the need to wear a mask!) went back in time to change his future. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

But then arent the ones closest to him always in danger? The autopsy bit I got, but the jump from I am in danger to :

>exact dialogue<
Lady Noh was wrong. JTE is not a danger to me. I am a danger to JTE.

He loves 3 more people and so they are also always in danger because of their association. But then so what?

I say the answer is rather simple. IT just clicked. A lightbulb just went off in his head. Before, he was so focused on pursuing her, he didn’t realize being next to him would mean danger for her. He blindly and selfishly chased after her. 

So what? Nothing really. He just knows he needs to protect her now. And well, it’s sad when you realize loving someone means putting them in danger. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

The drama has already spent much time on building up the story behind Shin Jae's character, that he must no longer be regarded as a mere sidekick of Tae Eul, but rather plays a bigger role we are yet to see.    

2020050301000112000005821.jpg

1588472292_4.jpg

1588472292_1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2

a quick thing to say, I was reading a comment in Naver (Yes, I am hanging out in Naver because the feedback from episode 6 is so good and I feel energized :D) and I came across a very simple and good comment. One netizen was saying that if the first episode of the drama had narrator telling the story, it would have been easier to understand the story. When I read this, it kinda hit the home. I am wondering why did they not go with a good and simple narrator to simply tell the viewers what to know. 

Netizens and the viewers all say that episode 6 was clear and they understood it. I think it is because that Lee Gon also explained things nearly the end of the episode as a narrator. This episode was really great. :))

Finally!!!!

:heart::heart:   Love it so much!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

Hello , I have enjoyed immensely all of your understanding and observations. This drama is extraordinary, not your typical "I seen it once, it's good onto the next drama" . 

This one will definitely put a place in your heart , it can never be understood in one shot . And as you yearn from it with all the complication ,  puzzles , dialogues which almost  are foreshadowing , you realized why did the actors chose this.   You become part of the story , solving the puzzle, becoming a mathematician which you have never been in your

whole life. I just  hope that this drama is introduced when I am still struggling with my math and didn't pay attention , almost failed because I am a liberal arts person. 

By the way , I am impressed with the way the father of JTE showed apathy to her when she went back home and back hugged him.  Indifference with sadness in his eyes. He knows JTE will leave him soon , and I am more interested on what transpire on his discussion with the owner of  the white horse, and "his" longing for the absence of Lady Maximus and the King. His dialogues are all leading to something in the next episodes to come. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, simplebeauty08 said:

This makes sense. Could this mean the tree will symbolize JTE or her life? I really hope not because this would mean a SE for our couple. :wacko: When I first saw that scene when she left the seeds in the path between the two worlds, I felt nervous and sad. It's like the writer is giving us a hint and letting us prepare for a SE. :tears:

@simplebeauty08 I think the tree like means longevity or immortality? So maybe just maybe it means they'll be together forever somehow or someway (*crossing my fingers super hard) :joy:!!

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

So I replayed ep 1 intro

"When the flute is played, the enemies would retreat, diseases would be cured, rain would fall ........."

Sadly it's only a drama, otherwise I would rush King Lee Gon to blow the Manpasikjeok flute so this Corona virus could end.

#I.cant.wait.another.week.just.stay.at.home"#  LOL

@PororoQueen Literally busted out laughing after this reading this !!!! If only this was real :cold_sweat:, I bet all of us here would totally rush to LG to ask him to do that :heart:!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

Once again, I'm late to the party.  I'm sure this has been asked and answered, but how did JTE return to Korea?  Doesn't she need Lee Gon and his part of the flute?  

Am I the only one (I don't think it's even a minority!) who thinks Lee Gon is going to die, despite the title of the drama?  The reason is that poem, 

Oh, name shattered.
Oh, name that parted in the air.
Oh, name without an owner.
Oh, name I will call until I die.

"name" is Lee Gon because he told her that she can't call him by his name. 

23 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

a quick thing to say, I was reading a comment in Naver (Yes, I am hanging out in Naver because the feedback from episode 6 is so good and I feel energized :D) and I came across a very simple and good comment. One netizen was saying that if the first episode of the drama had narrative telling the story, it would have been easier to understand the story. When I read this, it kinda hit the home. I am wondering why did they not go with a good and simple narrative to simply tell the viewers what to know. 

Netizens and the viewers all say that episode 6 was clear and they understood it. I think it is because that Lee Gon also explained things nearly the end of the episode as a narrative. This episode was really great. :))

I agree @Nikaa94.  So many were seemed confused.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2