[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Ep. 7 Preview Translation

LG : Has something happened to you ? Were you threatened by someone?

JTE : Guess that means it will happen

LG : My heart needs consolation, so I will hold your hand

Na Ri : One of the doppelgangers always end up dying 

JY : I will shoot him if you ask me to

someone : We found Luna

LG: The same face exists

stranger : Prince Imperial Geum

JY : I won't be able to protect you here, Your Majesty

LG : He should know already

JTE : When you meet the person....

LG : You must kill him as soon as you found him. It's the King's order.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

8 minutes ago, madmad min said:

The Midway between worlds and KOC and ROK have different time calculation.That time gap is not so clear I guess. i mean if it was a loong time in Korea cuz King returned after a long time...then how many days was it in Corea?

I do not think there is a time gap at all. I think LG just did not go back to RoK right away. JTE was able to go back home right after LG send her off right? 

• Like 4

After watching live without subtitles and watching it on netflix with subtitles...

1 thing is confirm, I'm swooned and in love with today's episode even if there's a language barrier earlier on.

And this is literally my reaction on my face when I'm watching the first few minutes of our LTE in the private plane:

ezgif-7-fa4a4753faf8.gif

*credits to @Ameera Ali for her gif. I just edited out our dear JY as I'm more like her than him! Lol

What an AWESOME episode except that I don't really like the pissing contest between Corea and Japan.  Was that necessary? I don't know but hey.. we get to see LG in uniform and being obnoxious as always. Teaching Japan a lesson for trying to invade Corea.

@Heretorant Talking about rubbing salt to injury, lady PM's secretary is doing a job so well unknowingly to our lady PM. Lol.

I really like him as he seems to be a comical relief sometimes. 

And lady PM getting all jealous and our JTE being so cool and all that... and she has to WATCH the king taking JTE along into the building with his hand to her back!!

And not to forget about the laugh he had for JTE...

Oooh.. lady PM's claws are out!

So back to our LTE couple.

I'm so glad that we get to hear what JTE and LG talked about after the kiss!

Boy... he has all the right lines and right moves. LOL

Is knocking against forehead the new in thing to do now for courting couple? I'm not really welcoming that idea as it gives me headache. Lol

My heart ache for LG when he said he did not want JTE to leave. His reluctance to let go of her and yet I understand why he let her leave before he go to "war".

Imagine if something is to happen to him? JTE can never go back to where she's from.

So yes. I understand why he has to let her go back and ask her to wait instead.

However the ending left a pang of sadness in me.

The way LG said he is a danger to JTE.. oh gosh, please don't push her away to protect her.

My heart is not strong enough for that.

Lastly there's something I'm confused about regarding JY's expression at the prison after speaking to the gangster.

Is he finally accepting about the parallel universe or he is worried that JTE is luna in disguise? (I'll do a rewatch again but for now.. la enlighten me if anyone is still awake)

Edit to say:

OMG! Just saw @Ameera Ali gifs on Jangmi!

He is such a cutie!!!

Kudos to him for thinking for SJ and more brownie points to him for sleeping with a scented candle! Hahahahaha

More backstory of SJ and his friendship with JTE.

Awwww.. that's our girl!!

Saving SJ!!!

Did you guys see Jangmi's face when he was watching the conversation between JTE and SY?? That is another cute expression of his!!! 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

Just a theory, from what LG said ‘That person(the person who rescued him) is either the beginning or the end of all this story’, I still think SJ is THAT person. I mean, he has a lot of back story and now he’s the current target of LR (his photo is in LR’s red room). SJ is still not lost because of JTE, so LR might try to eliminate JTE first. However, I still think SJ has a past with KOC before so I’m not quite sure with LR’s intention yet. If SJ really is the person who went back in time and rescued LG, it will make him the end of all this & the beginning of all this at the same time.

At the end of the episode, I think LG bring JY along his side to ROK for sure. Can’t wait for next week episode ><

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Just now, mrsj3n said:

What an AWESOME episode except that I don't really like the pissing contest between Corea and Japan.  Was that necessary? I don't know but hey.. we get to see LG in uniform and being obnoxious as always. Teaching Japan a lesson for trying to invade Corea.

I beg to disagree chinggu. I feel like this scene has to be shown for the viewers to understand how vast LG's power and responsibility is and how he is as a king. He is brave, decisive and resolute. I find this particular scene exciting. 

3 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

However the ending left a pang of sadness in me.

The way LG said he is a danger to JTE.. oh gosh, please don't push her away to protect her.

My heart is not strong enough for that.

I agree with you here :) based on the preview, JTE will be in danger too since evil uncle's eyes are on her too. I hope this won't stop JTE from totally boarding the ship.

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Lastly there's something I'm confused about regarding JY's expression at the prison after speaking to the gangster.

Is he finally accepting about the parallel universe or he is worried that JTE is luna in disguise? (I'll do a rewatch again but for now.. la enlighten me if anyone is still awake)

Maybe both? LOL. We may find the answer to this on the next episodes. We will have to wait for 6 more days :( I hope the BTS for episodes 5 and 6 would be released soon. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

There is so much to unpack in each episode.  If you are sleeping or fast-forwarding, don't complain later that it doesn't make sense.

SJ's bully:

728eaa9c1d4d014dbaf7577a5cd27b3ab29a028f

LG's comrade:

c8f5c6fc4c52fc9e05645609a32afb97e1a8d1be

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

I absolutely love the war scene. I loved how all of KES male leads are patriotic.  That is what makes a man man for me. There are 2 things in this world a man must protect: the ground under his feet and the woman in his arms. Wow. I have loved this since DOTS, then Goblin, then Mr.Sunshine, and now this. I'm sooooo satisfied. 

I'm scared when LR already got to JTE's house. I have a feeling that this drama will have a SE based on experience with Goblin and Mr.Sunshine. Damn.

I think now uncle saw Eun-sop, he might bring him to exchange with Jo Yeong? But Eun-sop is already on the same side with the King haha. I still think there must be something there, the scene uncle met Eun-sop.

Another week coming up, my comrades.

• Like 13

@simplebeauty08 Yes. No worries. We all can agree to disagree. :)

And yes. I get what you mean. It does show us that LG is being responsible as a King but I'm just being disgruntled because I want more scene of LG and JTE. Lol

@1ouise Sorry. I think I'm slow today. 

Is it suppose to make sense? Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay,my theory now after i watched tonight episode is yaah they can time travel i guess. FOR MY UNDERSTANDING ONLY, Maybe the pilot episode lee rim’s followers were from korea already and they time travel back to kill the king and lee gon to get the whole flute but unfortunately, grown up lee gon already knows his evil uncle’s plans and at the same time he is also dating JTE already that’s why when he saved his young self and maybe the reason he has JTE ID in his pocket for inspiration or good luck charm and then young lee gon thought JTE is his savior that time but it’s him himself when he grows up. My English is bad.  

Edited by LRM11219311
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 4

44 minutes ago, lacremedelameme said:

Ep. 7 Preview Translation

LG : Has something happened to you ? Were you threatened by someone?

JTE : Guess that means it will happen

LG : My heart needs consolation, so I will hold your hand

Na Ri : One of the doppelgangers always end up dying 

JY : I will shoot him if you ask me to

someone : We found Luna

LG: The same face exists

stranger : Prince Imperial Geum

JY : I won't be able to protect you here, Your Majesty

LG : He should know already

JTE : When you meet the person....

LG : You must kill him as soon as you found him. It's the King's order.

It was Lee Jong In's voice.

I guess when LG arrives at the world of TE, Lee Lim will return to kill Lee Jong In. Sadly, LJI have just told the truth to LG, they should have a lot of things to share together. Beside LG, Lee Jong In and Lady Noh like as his parents.:(

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

Episode 6 was the best yet. It had the most plot movement, with the King having better hold over his authority and exercising it, romance took a step further, the devil LR has his eyes on our friends, JY finally understands the crazy his King has gotten him into. I am feeling better about the drama today. Hopefully this trend continues and we have a time space distorting epic romance.

• Like 14

Everything has the details and I am enjoying how they reveal it clues by clues and put them into a clearer shape.

The war scene look so good and I feel the tension moment of the war about to break in any moment. The tickles times and that music and that cinematography along with that great acting. Whoah... I like that they also bring along that veteran actor, forgot his name, the one who also played in Queen Seonduk. 

Ah.. seriously.. I can't fully concentrate with what LG said of, all the time I'm grining and smiling whenever he woes his princess Diana. Lol... 

The parting is so sad. Their chemistry is just superb. Both of them are separating by different dimension and yet they're longing for each other. Poor TE misses him that much when she finally admit that her earth is shaping round. She even throws those seed flowers as hopes of their fates would be beautiful like the hope of those flower would grow in that dead land. I love how they put all these beautiful metaphors with such deep meaning and feeling into the scenes.  

We got some good flashback. I feel sad for SJ when he realizes that his love is just one sided. He should have told TE long ago. You know I feel a bit sentimental to this kind of story. If they were the lead I might root for them so hard. Ohh... goosebumps LR has the same scar??? And he's tailing on SJ already. It seems he will try to mess with LG's people in Korea to get the upper hands over him later. 

What's the preview all about??? Killing who?? I remember I ever heard that myth if both doppelganger are exist together, one of them will die. Hmmm.... Both LG's and LR's doppelganger had been killed long ago. Then who would be the one that LG asked to kill this time??? It must be refer to LR right since he certainly convinced now that he's still alive and out there roaming around to threat the one who closes to him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Wow JTE and LG's story is moving very fast. In just 6 episodes they have covered a lot of ground as far as the relationship between these two goes.....we got a kiss, hugs, trust, cute romance....I think now they might steer the story towards the villain and his whole plan and the flute/ sword legend. 

LMH was looking gorgeous in that uniform....same with WDH. I was a little surprised with them using an actual country, Japan in this attack on Corea. They could have just used some imaginary country. Wonder how the Japanese fans are seeing this. Maybe after the articles about the writer using Japanese symbols etc they felt a need to do things this way:blink: Also I was a little surprised that JTE left when she did, wasnt she worried about LG's safe return? As she has no way of knowing what happened in the war I found it strange that she just left without confirming that LG returned home safely...

And I must add that I seriously love the main villain. So far all his scenes are of him alone without any help from any of the other main actors but he carries all the scenes quite well. I am so impressed with his acting!!:) And he is already knocking at JTE's door now. Things are going to get very interesting

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, romance06 said:

It was Lee Jong In's voice.

I guess when LG arrives at the world of TE, Lee Lim will return to kill Lee Jong In. Sadly, LJI have just told the truth to LG, they should have a lot of things to share together. Beside LG, Lee Jong In and Lady Noh like as his parents.:(

Ah... so that was the plan of the recorded file. Ah.. I hope he can be saved. It's heartbreaking for LG if he has to lose another person who very close to him and he cared like his real family.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Okay,my theory now after i watched tonight episode is yaah they can time travel i guess. FOR MY UNDERSTANDING ONLY, Maybe the pilot episode lee rim’s followers were from korea already and they time travel back to kill the king and lee gon to get the whole flute but sadly grown up lee gon knows his plans and dating JTE already that’s why he save his young self and maybe that’s why he has JTE ID for inspiration or lucky charm and then young lee gon thought JTE is his savior that time but it’s him himself when i grows up. My English is bad.  

Your idea is interesting.  When LR comes to assassinate the king he is already covered in blood.  (It could be because he just killed the queen.)  I wondered why he said "still," like this isn't his first time doing this.  (It could be nothing.)  He's had half the flute, but keeps trying to get the whole thing.  TE does have a "Back to the Future" sticker on her phone.  ;)

8a71004e1fd905c30c4758b9c8dc73ffb4b978e5

1a4df94be08013d06617107166defe88e61ad5dd

• Like 2
  • Insightful 8