[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Can we get IU's special appearance in an episode?? It would be so fun!!  KES seems to like IU and we would love her to sing OST for The King. :D:heart:

This may be too random to say, but do you guys remember how Kim Tan cried for Cha Eun Sang and we had this huge rise in viewership? I was thinking we get a similar emotional cry scene from Lee Gon, it would be great. Because LMH is so good at crying. He also cried so well for his father's death in LOTBS and I remember that real time rating was over 20%. The writer should use LMH's crying skills. Trust me, it works wonders when male characters cry. :joy:

• Like 10
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

There were so many hints from past episodes that is now gradually becoming more apparent and dots are beginning to connect. 

0, as in zero, LG's favorite number, which is beginning and end and infinite from mathematics view point. JTE is LG's 0. His journey started with her having hold of her ID card and will end with her in some way that we don't know yet. But since 0 is also infinite, the end will just be another beginning. Kind of like keep going through same time frame with same people  but with different outcome depending on actions taken or not taken. The critical date or catalyst of series of events is 11/11/2019.

My thinking is that LG saved his young self and dropped JTE's ID to himself as reminder to find the path back to beginning to resolve events that include his evil uncle and his fate with JTE. 

In ep1, JTE was interrogating evil uncle but did not appear to know him as LG's uncle from different universe. And yet, from ep 5 and 6, we know that she learned about LR from online search and LG's telling of that tragic event. So when did this interrogation take place? This leads me to think, maybe the interrogation took place in different round of YG and YTE inter-fated looping. Just a though. 

This drama has so much potential. Loving it. 

If this is true, this could refer back to LG's monologue about whatever number, when the common denominator of 0 is introduced, the result is always zero. So whatever the scenario, as long as JTE is in it, the ending will always be the same. I hope that it will be a happy ending though!!

• Like 9

These two concern for each other is so subtle yet profound.:sweat_smile:

2eb7a6b04a5ca347747921c5ddd8778037b2c273.gifv

Spoiler

f5b3ebdf50541d775ca2eeb02e5e41c533d78822.gifv

77619100832b48f7445bf7f718cb08ed34dcd756.gifv

Jo-Yeong’s sulky almost pouty expression towards Lee Gon’s affection for Tae-Eul :tounge_xd:

Spoiler

40301c5f8842cf3cdaab9d79c232db1687147648.gifv

:love:

img.gif

c as tagged

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I say the answer is rather simple. IT just clicked. A lightbulb just went off in his head. Before, he was so focused on pursuing her, he didn’t realize being next to him would mean danger for her. He blindly and selfishly chased after her. 

So what? Nothing really. He just knows he needs to protect her now. And well, it’s sad when you realize loving someone means putting them in danger. 

All of this.  Though aside from the obvious danger his murderous uncle poses to her, I think it also finally dawned on him just how much she'd be sacrificing and also obligating her too if she were to stay with him.  Even his existence prior the reveal his uncle is still alive there's threat, he can't even take the first bite of his food without someone eating it before him and then constant threats of assassination, political turmoil, military conflicts, etc.  She'd be abandoning her career and everyone she's ever known or loved, it'd be her whole world she's sacrificing quite literally.  All for the sake of his world and his desires and his birthright.  The birthright he's likely been trained and educated from a very early age while she hasn't.  It's a gargantuan burden he's placing on her shoulders.

Though in the end it's going to be her choice all that matters and if she chooses to be his queen?  Then he has no right to try to unmake that choice for her.  Though I think by the time that happens or at least I'd like to think so, she has a far better understanding what she's choosing.  I also suspect the journey we see JTE on through the course of the series will be a wonderful, if sometimes brutal, illustration of what an amazing queen she would be.  Even though a sassy, street smart, tough policewoman may not necessarily immediately seem like ideal co-ruler-of-a-powerful-country material on the surface (compared to someone, at least on paper, like statuesque Seo-Ryeong with so much of her education, both in books and in praxis, likely laser focused on an illustrious political career etc).

I think there's also meant to be some irony in the fact JTE can't seem to get a promotion past lieutenant rank (likely due to some Neanderthal, stupid and ignorant prejudices and unfair judgments of superiors) only for her to end up - again, probably illustrated through the course of the series as to why - co-ruler of a country.  Show just how unfair her lack of promotion was, because this woman was meant for far greater things.  That she's great not just due to who her (future) husband is, but because she herself is great.  That she was meant to be a queen and the only one in the story truly suited to the role.  The ones who couldn't see that - like the ones who couldn't even bother promoting her past lieutenant - were some truly unfair, backwards fools.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

Just a little curiosity about the flower that JTE bought from KOC... The subtitle in my language called this flower ‘Lycoris’ or a ‘spider lily’ while in English they called it imaginary flower. So I searched it based on korean character ‘상사화’(Sang as hwa-Magic Lily). The meaning of this flower came from the sad story of one side love/forbidden love and one of them died from mind disease. A flower grows up on that person’s grave. Lycoris itself in korean/japanese belief also represent death & resurrection. Anyone has more knowledge about this flower? I think it can foreshadow something in the future about LTE couple.

Spoiler

07918.jpg

Spoiler

Lycoris_radiata_-_Kinchakuda_2018_-_1.jp

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

The King: Eternal Monarch

Official Soundtrack

Spoiler

[더 킹 : 영원의 군주 OST Part 1] 자이언티 (Zion.T) - I Just Want To Stay With You MV

[더 킹 : 영원의 군주 OST Part 2] 화사 (Hwa Sa) - Orbit MV

[MV] Kim Jong Wan (김종완 of NELL)- 연 (Gravity)(The King: Eternal Monarch 더 킹: 영원의 군주 OST Part 3)

[MV] YONGZOO(용주)- Maze (The King: Eternal Monarch 더 킹: 영원의 군주 OST Part 4)

[MV] HA SUNG WOON(하성운) _ I Fall In Love (The King: Eternal Monarch 더 킹: 영원의 군주 OST Part 5)

[더 킹 : 영원의 군주 OST Part 6] 다비치 (DAVICHI) - Please Don't Cry MV

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I love war scene so much, I think so exciting , at least it is better than 5 minutes long dedektive's slipper zoom :lol:

i loved it too. that was a good scene which showed the other and tougher side of LG.:) although we don't mind the lover boy side of him at all.:lol:

9 hours ago, 1ouise said:

I'm interested to see how this plays out.  As I remember, the ID that LG kept no longer had the lanyard attached.

this was also my reaction when LG handed over the ID to JTE so that later on, when we see that JTE's ID was no longer in the possession of lady noh, it had me asking, "where did JTE's ID go? who took it? did LG retrieve it from lady noh's box sans her permission?" interesting...

9 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

There were so many hints from past episodes that is now gradually becoming more apparent and dots are beginning to connect. 

0, as in zero, LG's favorite number, which is beginning and end and infinite from mathematics view point. JTE is LG's 0. His journey started with her having hold of her ID card and will end with her in some way that we don't know yet. But since 0 is also infinite, the end will just be another beginning. Kind of like keep going through same time frame with same people  but with different outcome depending on actions taken or not taken. The critical date or catalyst of series of events is 11/11/2019.

My thinking is that LG saved his young self and dropped JTE's ID to himself as reminder to find the path back to beginning to resolve events that include his evil uncle and his fate with JTE. 

In ep1, JTE was interrogating evil uncle but did not appear to know him as LG's uncle from different universe. And yet, from ep 5 and 6, we know that she learned about LR from online search and LG's telling of that tragic event. So when did this interrogation take place? This leads me to think, maybe the interrogation took place in different round of YG and YTE inter-fated looping. Just a though. 

This drama has so much potential. Loving it. 

this has been my guess all along, that the future LG did save his younger self and what you said is actually a good twist to the story.

• Like 9

Tae Eul searched for "police officer wage" on Lee Gon's phone. Is it just for comparison with her own wage in the Rep of Korea, or has the thought of moving in to his world already crossed her mind? 

VbFmUF8.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

Mincer
하진짜 개설렌다ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
Ha Jinja is open.   (Don't get this one)

The prefix 개 means "very" in a vulgar way. So its like "F**king heart fluttering"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

comments after watching episode 6:

i saw many sides of LG in this episode.

he cooked for JTE. don't you just love it when a guy cooks for his girl?:wub::wub::wub:

LG and JY looked dashing wearing their navy uniforms. they can wear it all day and i won't get tired looking at them.:wub:

any scene between LG and lady noh is a treat for me. i have always loved their scenes since episode 1. i have lost count on the number of times lady noh said aigoo because of LG.:lol::lol::lol:

when LG travelled to JTE's world, JTE was so eager to find out the true identity of LG. now, it's JY's time to do the same. good luck JY.:D

the airplane scene had me gushing and laughing at the same time. i thought LG and JTE looked cute in this scene and the reactions of JY and LG's secretary were priceless. LG read her secretary perfectly.:wub:

it is good to see that prince bu-yeong has finally told LG the truth about LR's autopsy. since the prince does not know anything about the parallel universe, he is not aware that the dead person in KOC is LR in ROK. i hope LG will figure this out someday the same way the JTE is beginning to connect the dots on the murder case she is working/investigating on.

it is interesting to note that LG and LR experience the same skin reaction whenever it rains and lightning would strike. however, the same cannot be said whenever LG is at the portal/gateway since the striking lightning does not have any effect on him at all.

the ending had me saying "awww..." for LG and JTE. i guess absence makes the heart grow fonder, huh?:wub:

• Like 8

'The King' Lee Min-ho, Class break through another front… Charisma burst

2020050301000108300005581.jpg

[Reporter Jin-Sil Choi, Sports Seoul] 'The King: Lord of Eternity' Lee Min-ho showed intense charisma.

In the episode of the SBS gold drama 'The King: The Lord of Eternity', aired on the 2nd, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho's) charismatic act of defending the Korean Empire as a military leader, the fears grow as the feelings toward each other increase. Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) 's heart aching love was depicted. Lee Min-ho, who conveyed the fresh and sweet excitement, expressed his determination to face fateful situations where everything was pre-determined, and increased the immersion in the future development with emotion changes from desperate emotions to decisiveness.

credit: http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/911766?ref=naver

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asul_03 said:

he cooked for JTE. don't you just love it when a guy cooks for his girl?:wub::wub::wub:

He is so sweet and thoughtful. Who wouldn't fall for him? 

6 minutes ago, asul_03 said:

it is interesting to note that LG and LR experience the same skin reaction whenever it rains and lightning would strike. however, the same cannot be said whenever LG is at the portal/gateway since the striking lightning does not have any effect on him at all.

It is on LR's face. Does it mean that it is slowly covering his body? Since we saw that same skin reaction on LG's shoulder. Does crossing both worlds trigger it? If that is the case, should it have covered most of LR's body since he has been crossing between the two worlds for 25 years. 

• Like 4

There were so many unforgettable lines from Ep 6. I feel like I'm on a note-taking mode while being overwhelmed at how beautiful the execution was. I particularly loved the "almost war" scene, that was so cinematic. Every episode feels like a whole new movie experience..

And again the lines.. the breathtaking lines...

And the perfect acting of Kim Go Eun + Lee Min Ho.

2045a41dd83ecdaa743ba3718e957b31fe49c072

2455c194adf4f991607df5746f25cd11caa4e887

Source

*ok let me cry in the corner now*

• Like 11
  • Love 3