[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

As much as i am sad knowing that there could be another ending, but I am satisfied with the endings that we get. I do not want if we get the ending we wish but the whole production team will fave backlash due to political issue and worse if they will be sue by certain political parties. 

I have a feeling they meet several times a year. Based on Seri's PA comments she frequents Switzerland. Even the comrade making similar statement. uri Capt Ri still in contact with his comrades and updates his movement. 

It's true that NK overseas will be surveillance as well. but, i guess RJH can manage his way and keep his encounter with SeRi a secret through his father's help. Remember he is the son of the 3rd highest ranking man in NK. My bet even the National Orchestra thingy is a set up by his father to help him achieve his dream and meet Seri. Daddy Ri is fond of his SK 'daughter in law'. The first question he asked after saving his son is 'Is Yoon SeRi okay'. Deep down he is still a father who prioritized his son happiness above others. 

This drama gives me mixed feelings, in a good way. i think it will be hard for me to move on and watch other drama diligently. Not until another good drama come. I had this withdrawal after Her Private Life. It took me almost 5 months to start on new drama after it ends. This time around, idk how long it takes for me. 

22 minutes ago, ria said:

Maybe on the dvd/blue ray version directors cut will the babies appear. I'm just hoping though

Are there news about DVD Director' Cut? If there is, can I have the link.  Coz i want to order. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Have you listened to the Complete OST on Spotify? It's really wonderful, including all the instrumental with the full orchestra! Here's the link below. I still can't figure out the 2nd language used in the Intro OST track (song called SIGRISWIL by Kim Kyoung Hee). And funnily, it doesn't have IU's song in it (yet).

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sussieh said:

Only wanted to share a quick thought...

Didn’t you love the scene in the woods with the bad general (Just before RJH’s dad appeared),... MB was ready to protect RJH, then JH changed positions to protect him. But then his men were ready to protect RJH (they surrounded him and made like a wall with their bodies!) WOW... I was already crying and seeing them doing that... ahhh my heart!  

YES!!! I loved that scene. Company Five and MB is a solid group in hell and high waters. I'm gonna miss them!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

dunno the fan said they changed the endings,its seri apartment and the baby isnt young seri either. but the baby already have pic with seri dad and nis agent. who is this child ? maybe staff baby or special eps ?

Maybe on the dvd/blue ray version directors cut will the babies appear. I'm just hoping though

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

I was finally able to watch both episodes today and they were really worth the rating (Congrats again CLOY for the record, I was hopeful that you could do it and am super happy you did!). There were really so many interesting and impactful scenes in the drama for me.

I read that the couple was apart a lot for the two episodes, but I didn't feel that distance so much because the rest of the plot was moving and there were closures for many characters.

My Thoughts though the scenes might be out of order:

Hyun Bin cries really well! I was impressed with his tears at the suicide part at the beginning of episode 15. But I was surprised at that scene because it didn't seem to match with my view of his character. He knew he was doing something dangerous when he came to the south, and it didn't just involve him.

Every moment that Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are together, I see the beauty of mature acting (and dare I say, natural feelings come into play). The confrontation, the fainting, the waiting in the hospital...the teary eyes speak volumes. Son Ye JIn never fails to impress. She is really the queen of melo!

I'm really not sure why Seung Jun had to die and not be able to escape. Maybe if he did leave NK, the question would be is what would he do with his life since he has to run away from all the cons he engaged in? They could definitely have a reunion for him and Seo Dan, but I'm not too invested in his character (though thankful for his character growth). Dan's revenge seems to be behind the scenes at getting rid of his attackers, but is that it?

NIS team is really cute! I'm so glad they didn't really add more villains to the plot but used the NIS characters to bring RJH and the Company 5 back to North Korea safely. They had to go back and this seems like a probable way to resolve that issue now that there bus left. NIS chief even taught RHJ about leaving future messages! How sweet!

That goodbye scene at the border was heart-wrenching and so beautifully done. Everyone can see how much RJH and YSR love each other! I bet NIS was teary with the ducklings too! And all that time RJH waited for YSR while she's unconscious, NIS witnessed that too! When Se Ri's heart stopped then got resuscitated...oomph! I can feel Jeong Hyeok's heart drop and pick up again! It was really nice that both Se Ri's mom and dad asked NIS to let Jeong Hyuk stay by Se-Ri's side in case she wakes up and looks for him. What a change in their character!

Did anyone thought how interesting that scene with RJH's mom is? It seemed like she knew that if her husband cannot safely bring their son back it's because the enemy got to him. She was ready to commit suicide if their enemy came to her house because it would mean she's lost both her husband and son. Her life must have been so hard being the woman behind such a powerful man because she knows all the darkness that's involved to bring him to his position of power.

And RJH's dad asked if he was crying in the car... he must know how much Jeong Hyeok loves and misses Se-Ri! Him and his wife probably worked hard to get JH out of the military and into music agains so he can meet Se Ri! RJH shed a tear when his father killed the other guy for threatening him. Is it because he was surprised? touched? I'm not sure about that part.

Those messages were really sweet! I think someone said that YSR got those messages to keep her going while RJH got nothing. But I think that RJH doesn't need the messages as much because he can actively work to find his way to her. She really cannot find any information on him and has no way to reach him except by those articles she posted. But he can probably get access to the internet and news and it's up to him and his family to help him find his way to her.

The Ducklings are thinking of her, awwww. She got to send her love message to the ajummas with her products, but it would be nice if she can send something to the ducklings too.

The eldest brother and his wife is really quite cute with their relationship. For a chaebol couple they seem to really love each other, and that in itself is rare to see! The sister-in-law is pretty and a fan of RJH, LOL.

It must have been hard waiting for years to meet again. I couldn't really hear what the Swiss music guy was saying to her in their conversation about the 2 weeks. But I don't think she can only see RJH 2 weeks every year. He must be able to come to Swiss more to prepare for the special music exhibit. It makes more sense than him just popping in for 2 weeks with his students and do all prep work in NK. And how can he spend most of his time with Se Ri during their two weeks if he didn't already make all arrangements for his students before coming for this trip? Se-Ri said that it's the best two weeks, so they must be able to spend a lot of time if not all the time together. And that can only happen if he has been visiting Swiss more than once a year to do his work. Her team also wondered why she spend so much time in Swiss. Once a year for 2 weeks is not a lot of time in one place! She must have flown back and forth more often for them to think there's a long-distance relationship!

I'm so glad RJH's mom and Dan's mom got to meet to get closure about their children's relationship. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be if RJH's mom and SR's mom get to have a conversation too, since they both adore their child's lover. 

I'm not sure why Seo Dan didn't tell RJH the truth about Seung Jun's death. And why does no one else but Dan's family seems to know about his death? Wouldn't Se Ri have been curious about how he is doing and find out eventually?

About that camera Seo Dan found, I was hoping that he took even more pictures of Se-Ri than that one with her on the bridge since Dan said he kept taking pictures the whole time. 

What a beautiful ending for our main couple! I think they would eventually settle down and build their family in Switzerland. I don't know if that scene was part of their temporary vacations with each other throughout the year or a reflection of their life after settling down for good. But there was such a natural beauty and a peaceful kind of happiness that they projected in each look and each gestures...it is definitely a happy ending of a couple who weathered many storms together and has found each other again, and forever at that.

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin portrayed their characters and their romance in such a spectacular way that I can't think of any other couple that can match with this. This has got to be one of the best OTP in all of K-drama history! 

I have loved Son Ye Jin even more through this drama and learn to appreciate Hyun Bin since I haven't really watched any of his previous works. I am eagerly waiting for their real happy news! Dating? Getting married? I won't be surprised! ^__^

• Like 12
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

As much as i am sad knowing that there could be another ending, but I am satisfied with the endings that we get. I do not want if we get the ending we wish but the whole production team will fave backlash due to political issue and worse if they will be sue by certain political parties. 

True! It's better to have an open ending due to political reasons. You would want to end the drama on a happy note and don't want to deal with additional drama after it has ended. Although they were receiving some backlash as they killed off SJ, all in all, im still happy with the ending. It didn't ruin the whole experience of me watching CLOY. Because sometimes a really bad open ending can ruin the whole enjoyment you have for the show (im talking about you VGBND haha)

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Around 30:00

I saw this interview earlier! It is at 32:20 onwards. Really funny segment. They were discussing ratings, and SYJ was just saying ratings should not be  everything as the team has worked hard, then out-of-the-blue HB said., "Oh this is good (quoting a fan who posted on live chat )" As it's Ri-Ri, so rating should be 22%" (as Ri=2 in Korean). 

Then SYJ started nagging him, saying she was just trying to say rating is not important, but HB started being cheeky and said "I support 22%" and even made the 22 signal with his fingers LOL!!

Then SYJ said he should dress up as Dooly (what's that??) if they hit 22% hahaha! But unfortunately, HB didn't really agree to do that.....

I hope the cast esp our OTP will really do something as fanservice cuz of the amazing ratings for the finale episode!

• Like 12

Last night/this morning I got a notification from IG that a camera man from Goblin (2016) days started following me (I’ve been following him since Goblin ended). Found out that he is also part of the CLOY camera crew and was at the CLOY dinner wrap up party. 

Cheers to my life! LOL! 

• Like 13
  • Awesome 3

I loved the finale episode of CLOY. Some moments that stood out:

1) The flowers
Firstly, Edelweiss. It was gifted to SR by JH. 
Its relation to Switzerland: 
(cr.https://www.houseofswitzerland.org/swissstories/history/mystical-and-mythical-edelweiss)

Spoiler

Today, the edelweiss not only represents a connection to the nature and beauty of Switzerland but is a trademark of Swiss quality and uniqueness. In Switzerland, the image of an edelweiss flower adorns everything from advertisements for dental offices to the 5 franc coin to the rank insignia for the Swiss Armed Forces. 

ONJLI7j.jpg

The Edelweiss flower signifies deep love and devotion whereby men harvest the flower on daring steeps and fatal climbs to prove love and to show occasions of devotion. It captivates the symbolic qualities of adventure and great sacrifice. (https://www.flowermeaning.com/edelweiss-flower-meaning/)

This reflects the journey JH has taken to be with SR. 
Other scenes in the finale where there was a focus on different flowers (I’m not a flower expert so I’m not sure what flowers were shown in the following scenes, except the tomato plant.)

gtQBIFw.jpg

2. The Mothers in this drama were one of the best I’ve seen in kdramas. Namely, SR, SD and JH’s mothers. Especially SD and SR’s mothers who really showed good character growth and were just doing all the right things in the end. I cried during the meeting between SD and JH’s mothers. Ultimately, mothers just want the best for their children, as long as their children are happy. I’m glad SD’s mother could understand this in the end.

3. Endings weren’t too far-fetched.
Because this was a story across NK/SK borders, I could fully accept the ending between JH and SR. A wedding in Seoul would have been a little to hard to believe unless the drama went into pure fantasy-land. Of course a scene with the two of them with kids would have been lovely, but I would also seriously question ‘HOW?!’ in terms of child-rearing since they are shown to only meet in certain times of the year. 
Regarding SJ’s fate, I’m not angry about it too as some knetz are. He had great character development and played important roles in the lead couple’s ending and SD’s character growth. Not every love story turns out well. SD used to be so fixated on only getting married (like that was her ultimate goal in life) but eventually she realised she could also lead a fulfilling life independently. I love it. We don’t have to always follow the societal norms to be happy. Girl, you do you.

Lastly, I do think that the photos in this scene were thrown in last minute... I mean, they look like 5min photoshopped pictures. The backgrounds... LOL:lol:

kxRR8qq.jpg

I will miss this drama and its characters so much. It’s going straight into my Top 5 all-time. Will definitely be rewatching it from time to time.:heart:

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

4 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

I saw this interview earlier! It is at 32:20 onwards. Really funny segment. They were discussing ratings, and SYJ was just saying ratings should not be  everything as the team has worked hard, then out-of-the-blue HB said., "Oh this is good (quoting a fan who posted on live chat )" As it's Ri-Ri, so rating should be 22%" (as Ri=2 in Korean). 

Then SYJ started nagging him, saying she was just trying to say rating is not important, but HB started being cheeky and said "I support 22%" and even made the 22 signal with his fingers LOL!!

Then SYJ said he should dress up as Dooly (what's that??) if they hit 22% hahaha! But unfortunately, HB didn't really agree to do that.....

I hope the cast esp our OTP will really do something as fanservice cuz of the amazing ratings for the finale episode!

I just checked the rating, it's 21% and 23% in seoul, so the average is as HB's wish  22% ;)

Can we have a small clip with babies now? LOL

• Like 6

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Agree.. That's why it was an open yet happy ending for me... 

Mom scene with poison ready in her hand was so poignant. For us who live in a "normal" country, this scene might seem realistic. But up North, it's their reality. That also makes her reunion scene with her son and the whole "Thank you for coming back alive" (as with Manbok family) a heartwrenching scene, because it can be considered a miracle... 

About RJH dad shot the younger general and the message they're trying to deliver... You know, I laughed sarcastically when RJH said "we'd like to stand on trial"... There's no such thing as a fair trial (or a trial itself) in NK, even for high ranking officers and their families (look for some news about the purges of high ranking officers in NK, including KJU's uncle by KJU himself, though the dog part is richard simmons). What the younger generals said about them being executed right away without trial is the norm... Hence, what RJH father did was realistic. He couldn't just execute the general without valid excuse, so he's bidding his time and calculating everything...when it's clear that the general attempts to execute his son, the justification for his deed materializes. For me, what he did was "normal" and "business as usual" by NK standards. 

I KNEW IT... I suspected they filmed so much more scenes, but could air it due to political reasons... That's why they have the open ending in Switzerland... They can't solve the issue of RJH's citizenship so they make once in a year meet up via Seri's scholarship foundation...to set up a legitimate reason for RJH going/living abroad. Though for me, it's still realistically not possible since NK citizens abroad are still under surveillance, especially if RJH is there under the name of National Orchestra. Even Dan is going to Russia to perform in an official event... 

On another side, it'll also be controversial if RJH is clearly defected or they're clearly married (the issue of Citizenship remains). 

This drama has tried its best to wrap it up satisfactorily and I really applaud them for that... It's really the best they can come up with without causing any troubles for themselves. 

NOW GIVE ME THE DVD. 

I NEED TO SIGN UP. 

No wonder there was news of an embargo among staff, cast, and crew regarding the ending so whatever it was they planned before (and final outcome) won't get leaked and that the show not be too politicized.

Remember the news of one political party in SK already mulling plans to sue TvN.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, im0202 said:

2. The Mothers in this drama were one of the best I’ve seen in kdramas. Namely, SR, SD and JH’s mothers. Especially SD and SR’s mothers who really showed good character growth and were just doing all the right things in the end. I cried during the meeting between SD and JH’s mothers. Ultimately, mothers just want the best for their children, as long as their children are happy. I’m glad SD’s mother could understand this in the end.

I'm really glad that there are not much (only 3) negative characters here which hardly we see. I thought Dan's mother would be negative like other dramas but I'm impressed when she put her daughter's happiness before anything else. Seri's mother showed cold in starting episodes but I like the character development. I loved that she is there when out P5 arrested with Seri to console her and at the last she was the one who told about RH :wub: About RH's mom, she is the best...I have no complaint about her. :wub::wub: 

• Like 9

@im0202

Such a beautiful message edelweiss flower stands for. 

Btw, my bro-in-law does hikes from Munich to Venice every summer. 

He told me that edelweiss is a well protected flower across the German/Swiss/Austrian mountain borders. You can be fined (in Euros or Swiss Francs) for even harbouring this flower through the border LOL! 

So, if anyone is planning to go to any of these mountain borders in the future, please be warned. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2