[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

9 hours ago, jamy47 said:

Something i noticed while rewatching; I dont think the second male lead died (forgot his name). I think SD helped him fake his death and he went hiding somewhere in Europe and SD must wait a while and then go meet him. When she said she was going to Russia then smiled, it was a hint. 

I wanted 20% for the ending so i'm happy.  They are in a special club now; one of the dramas to hit 20% on cable network. It's a very exclusive club to be part of. So well deserved! I'm happy for the entire team! Job well done!

Huh that’s something I didn’t think about. She never explicitly says that he was dead. We never saw a casket or memorial. And the smile once she was outside by herself. But tbh I think he is dead because of her crying thinking about his memories and jacket. Also, the smile was probably in conjunction to highlight the fact that the fortune teller said she was going to be successful and happy even without being married.

• Like 6

Wow CLOY and HB & SYJ are the gift that keeps on giving!!!:love:

aww pregnant Seri, they look soooooooooooooooooooo happy my heart is so full

I've had an ache in my heart all day and night today but the good kind of ache you know? where my heart is so touched

why do I desire their happily ever after more than my own happiness lol

congrats writer-nim, for a truly beautiful love story and a drama that made you want to be a better person per Goo Seung Joon (RIP)

• Like 6
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, sussieh said:

Only wanted to share a quick thought...

Didn’t you love the scene in the woods with the bad general (Just before RJH’s dad appeared),... MB was ready to protect RJH, then JH changed positions to protect him. But then his men were ready to protect RJH (they surrounded him and made like a wall with their bodies!) WOW... I was already crying and seeing them doing that... ahhh my heart!  

@sussieh

At that moment, my live stream died on me and I screamed because I thought ONE of them will be shot dead! 

Which is what I feared from the beginning. I always think the writer needs to sacrifice a popular character just to make the drama more realistic.:w00t:

But in the end it was SJ (who died needlessly) who was sacrificed and not 1 of the ducklings or MB.B)

A bittersweet but otherwise awesome and realistic ending to a lovely and well written drama indeed!:love: 

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I will never ever forget this epic scene.

Her desperation, his desperation.

And without any thought, running across that line. Compared to the first time when he hesitated, but crossed the border anyway.

I think this is the scene which will make me cry each time I watch this episode.

Side note: I hope Son Ye JIn didn't have to do multiple takes of her running. Phew!

Did anyone else immediatly think of the first gunshot that JH sustained in NK whilst trying to save SR and their BTS? I mean, i cried bucket loads at this scene in the final episode due to SYJ's amazing protrayal of a heartbroken desperate woman in love. But after that, all I could think of was the NG scene from NK which was also dramatic, but Hyun Bin just burst out laughing at the end watching her run. :sweatingbullets:

Ahhh I love how all the incidents and how everything ubfolds in this drama from NK to SK are parallels of each other, including this scene where she is rushing to him, again.

Omg those new stills, if only, if ONLY it was for another episode this weekend!!! I legit can feel a lump in my throat and happy tears, it is like a follow up to the drama because TVN knows majority of the audience are having a hard time letting go of our beloved JH-SR. I'll take it as the happily ever after that is shown in the form of stills-- our OTP have found a way to be together in neutral land, and are forming the family that they have dreamed of. The message contained within these photos are quite sinmple, if you guys are feeling regretful about how the drama concluded, do not.

Because YES we are living happily ever after!

I kid you not, this drama really tugs at our heartstrings. 

I will miss it sooooo much :tears:

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Huh that’s something I didn’t think about. She never explicitly says that he was dead. We never saw a casket or memorial. And the smile once she was outside by herself. But tbh I think he is dead because of her crying thinking about his memories and jacket. Also, the smile was probably in conjunction to highlight the fact that the fortune teller said she was going to be successful and happy even without being married.

I think there is a season 2.

1) SD and SJ still continue their love affair yes maybe his in russia recuperating. Remember SD's mom telling JH's mom that her daughter has someone she love and that guy love her even more. 

2) JH and SR as they keep their love by meeting outside their country. SR eventually got pregnant with twins. And bcoz JH and SR doing some good deeds sponsoring unpriviledge children to foster their talents then i guess its easy for the RiRi couple to secure a permanent resident in switzerland....just hoping!!! 

• Like 6

Things I love about the last ep

1. the border crossing scene/DMZ scene: The daebak acting of both actors- i just love JH's "don't run!"- her well being is his everything. Seri's desperate run "Ri Jeong Hyuk ssi~~"  and all her painful thoughts "What will I do when I'm going to miss you so much??"--her pain at the moment they were separated... (i love that side shot from the ground you can see Seri's pain as their fingers were pulled apart)-crazy crazy good acting there. 

2. JH's mum and Dan's mum scene: Dan's mum was so cool and classy and protective of her daughter's dignity. Love it. Basically, all the mums in this show are just awesome. Even Seri's mum and the NK ajummas. Tribute to the mummies!

3.The timed messages--- broke my heart and filled it with sweetness all at the same time *cries*

4. The ducklings going into auto protection mode when they were almost executed by the Military Director. Man Bok even threw himself forward to protect JH, then JH swung him around, and the ducklings did their formation around their captain! They are fiercely loyal to each other, so much love!!

5. The concert handholding--didn't it look like a HB and YJ moment there??? *heart eyes*

6.  not one but two kisses hehe. Tho i wanted some mundane scenes of them making coffee, etc. like domestic life... and where are my TWINS?!!?

• Like 6
  • Love 6

The new post of still pics from TVN where RJH and SR are in different outfits in their vacation home might be an additional scene where they film their interactions inside the house?  Perhaps they decided to cut it out so as to have no lines in the final epilogue scene.  Collectively, the imagery, music, and actions of both were powerful enough.  Would love to see such a scene though.  Just once more I want to hear SR say... Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi the way only she does...

EDIT: or it could just be they filmed 2 versions of the ending Switzerland epilogue scene and decided to use the pink-dress version.

Also did anyone zoom in on those picture frames?  It's them for sure right in Switzerland-scholarship era right?  Can't handle it any other way...

OK HELP - I need some clarity on the timespan that passed between the final separation and the paragliding kiss scene.

End of pre-planned text messages: 1 year

Scholarship set-up: between year 1 and 2

Mistaken street piano performer: between year 1 and 2 (?)

Confiding in Mom about not meeting him: close to end of year 2...?

Paragliding kiss scene: shortly after year 2 ??

I know some people said it's 3 years based on the fortune teller scene.  But does that mean she didn't see him for two whole years after setting up the scholarship?!

@Favnia @ncly thanks for answering my question about why RJH and SR didn't plan this out earlier on!  I definitely agree that RJH did not know what kind of future he would have upon his return to face punishment, so it wouldn't be prudent to raise SR's hopes.

@Favnia I really like your point about how the text messages, while sweet, was in fact SR holding on to hope and not actually "healing".  It pains me to imagine her living in a state of longing for text messages while also not knowing anything about what's going on in his world the entire time.  I wish he could have started with a text about how she needs to believe they will meet again and that she should wait a year before knowing the details. 

@KanpekiLove Yes I wrote about how SR had the texts and RJH had nothing!  I suppose you are right; that RJH has ways to get SK media news (his father surely did) and ultimately confirm her safety (what I think he cares about most).  I guess he also knew that after 1 year she would receive his text message containing a seed of hope for their future.  But still, knowing the depth of their love, it must have been so painful for him to endure.

• Like 6

Guys how do u all move on after the drama ended? Watching all HB and YJ movies and dramas? The withdrawal symptoms are reaaaalllllll:tears:

Btw this is the first drama that I watched it live even though I can't understand Korean and luckily with netflix I able to watch the subbed version after 20 minutes 

• Like 5

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

All hospital cute scene of our couple in Ep 14. Ri shows all his scars to Seri. Ri became man of love when taking care of Seri in the hospital and how the ducklings cannot handle to watch them. "We are stil here, Captain Ri!" :blush:

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

The ending in switzerland. The visual is everything!:love:

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 

Hospital scene in Ep 14. I ended up coming to office on monday morning with swollen eyes :lol:

4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?

Of course kiss scene in paragliding reunion scene

5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

Captain Ri: See? It wasn't a coincidence. It was Fate  :heart:

6. What is your favorite song?

IU (I give you my heart) & Baek Yerin (Here I am) :smile:

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

All duckling scenes! (especially when they are in south korea) :innocent:

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

Conversation between SD mom and RJH Mom in Ep 16. :bawling:

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

THE COUPLE RING! I think not many couple lead  (not yet married) in Kdrama wear couple ring. And we know how RJH & YSR wear the ring as always as they can.:kiss_wink:

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

I don't want to change anything, i just want our couple moreee! :yum:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

As a pilate instructor, SYJ looks fully bloated in that pic. I'm sure the the cast and crew have made scenes about a pregnant Seri! Let's all silently agree that our RiRi couple get married and have twins anyway!

• Like 13
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, commiecommodore said:

What’s the chance of a Season 2 with the twins? I’ve been Googling it to see if it’s likely, but I’m hesitant to hope. Idk. I just want some sweetness with the twins because we all know they would be the best parents and it would be adorable. I need to get a life. Being sick all week and staying in bed got me obsessed with this, and now I just want them to get their wedding rings, their twins, and their forever happiness :(

I don't think either leads would do it if it's not something different and challenging. SYJ usually doesn't do back to back dramas so was even surprised about CLOY.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, L A said:
As a pilate instructor, SYJ looks fully bloated in that pic. I'm sure the the cast and crew have made scenes about a pregnant Seri! Let's all silently agree that our RiRi couple get married and have twins anyway!

Okay yep I'm sold.  In this scene they are chilling on their patio and as she sits down he tells her to hold his hand and breathe out as she sits down, carrying their twins.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5