[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Very nice ending but dang I cried and cried so hard!   And started watching at the wrong time too! Had errand to do but told myself let me watch this before I go then find myself walking out the house with red eyes!   Be forewarned!
would be great to  see these two veteran actors work again in another drama. 

• Like 7

I love the ending. I think its written beautifully and realistic without triggering political issues to both countries . No one defect and no one migrated. Both of them still stay in their country respectively but from time to time they will come to Switzerland and stay neutral for weeks. During this time, they will enjoy themselves like normal couple and be happy. N i like how edelweiss flowers plays an important part at the ending. It symbolizes the time they spent with each other. It’s their precious moments. They don’t get to spent much time together but the little time they shared is very important. Same goes with Seo Dan. Though she might end up alone but the time she spent with Gu Seung Joon is enough to make her move on and be happy. This is by far the unique LDR ever created and I applaud the writer for making a more realistic drama different from her previous fantasy approach. This drama will be so memorable to me and the drama that I will cherish for a long time. 

• Like 14
  • Insightful 3

CONGRATULATIONS CLOY TEAM!!!!

IM SO SO HAPPY FOR THEM!!!

HYUN BIN’S DREAM !!!

YEAHHHHHHHH :bawling:

According to Nielsen Korea, the final broadcast of “Crash Landing on You” scored an average nationwide rating of 21.683 percent and a peak of 24.1 percent, smashing the previous record set by the finale of “Goblin” back in January 2017.

Did y’all see this? Omoooooo !

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mind blown. I have finished episode 16. I cannot. Literally cannot believe the writer actually found a workable solution to the romance.

Wow. Let me digest the answer. Wow. And the ending scene. The writer ACTUALLY  managed to write an improbable plot. Cast the  actors who had chemistry to the wazzo and visuals to die for. 

And made a workable ending. And the scenery was outstanding. I am still trying to process if this drama just jumped up to my list of a perfect romance drama to recommend.

It has improbable elements. A couple to die for. Chemistry to light up the screen with. Danger.  Tears. Laughter. Perfect supporting cast casting. TRAGEDY- understand it but excuse me if I would NEVER tell anyone spoilers for that- omg the TRAGEDY. But dammit it's what some angsty dramas are made from. And happiness. And a really wonderful- choking as I say this at the unfairness of the other 50 weeks- but yes the perfect 2 weeks each year. And really? A really, really romantic man cos' that was about the most perfect time leap I've ever watched. Those messages? Those sms messages were GOLD. A Korean drama romance drama where they actually contemplated doing something about being separated.

Omg. I need time to process episode 16. I feel such pain yet equal part happiness over their time together.

I've never had such a hard time leaving the supporting cast before. I am not ready to even comment about the 2nd male lead.  The traumatized tragedy of it all. And yet if you had to kill SOMEONE and it is a low body count for a NK romance- my god that is one romance to just kill the viewer over.

And the Seri's choice limited edition vie in equal parts with those year long messages. My heart can't take episode 16.

* bawls * and wakes a tissue or box at all of you. They really. Truly. Did that. Killed off the 2nd male lead. Omg.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Seris Choice PP -  A fitting tribute to the Ahjumma Squad, but COME ON, how could she NOT put PCS on a bottle of Shampoo? Just imagine the fun if that market vendor had pulled out a shampoo bottle with his face on it!:joy:

Yes, it wil be very funny whe CS go to the ahjumma who sells item from down south and ask the flowery shampoo with him as the character pic.

and the last scene when F4 shopping body soap, shampoo etc is so funny, cause the ahjumma looked so scared when CS asked the items. She thought that CS was scary captain not like JH.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hyun_Bin_Boo said:

It's not available in the US! Wish someone would upload it on youtube. 

It's on youtube just type in Sigriswill its my Kim Kyoung Hee April 2nd. 

I'm soooo happy for the drama....everyone involved! They worked so hard in long harsh conditions to create this work of art that's brought us much joy over the last 2 months...

CONGRATULATIONS CLOY!!!!! 

I already was but now for sure HB/SYJ fan for life:heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

So hyun bin magical words happened. He dreamt 22% and it nearly touched that. Only second cable drama to hit 20% ratings  a national hit . National hit is a drama which crosses 40% ( not cheap daily dramas but expensive miniseries ) and 20% on paid  tvn is like 40% on sbs. So yes it is national hit! National drama !  Thats why i was thinking how ratings came that fast. No wonder they miscalculated  back then. But now correct numbers came out.

21.683% is rounded off to 22% . Hyun bin's tongue is magical haha

194.399 ÷ 16 = 12.149%

So average of season is 12.15%

Congrats.   A hallyu blockbuster 

Also soompi need to publish  articles better when it says it became second drama after goblin to hit 20% . Goblin 20% was peak rating in some scene  but overall rating of episide is counted and its rating for finale was 18+%. So cloy is only tvn drana to cross 20% for whole episode.  Lazy reporting. We count 21.683% as finale counting for cloy not 24% peak rating. Do better!

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383401wpp/crash-landing-on-you-finale-overtakes-goblin-to-achieve-highest-ratings-in-tvn-history

“Crash Landing On You” Finale Overtakes “Goblin” To Achieve Highest Ratings In tvN History

Feb 16, 2020
by E. Cha

“Crash Landing On You” Finale Overtakes “Goblin” To Achieve Highest Ratings In tvN History

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has ended with a triumphant bang!

On February 16, the series finale of the hit drama starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin set a new record for the highest viewership ratings in tvN history.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final broadcast of “Crash Landing on You” scored an average nationwide rating of 21.683 percent and a peak of 24.1 percent, smashing the previous record set by “Goblin” back in January 2017 (whose finale achieved a peak rating of 20.5 percent).

The drama performed even better in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it scored an average viewership rating of 23.249 percent for its final episode.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Crash Landing on You”!

Are you sad to see the drama come to an end? What did you think of the finale? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Source (1)

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Round up figure will be 22%. Hyun Bin got his wish. 

HB's words are magical, im so happy for them. I watched that interview and even Yejin and the host seemed taken aback and laughed at him when he said that. 22% for a cable?! That has got to be a super massive hit for that happen. And it did happen!!! Congrats, CLOY!!! They should have made this into a 20 episode drama instead due to the long episodes & they might have surpassed Sky Castle.

• Like 14

Talking about paragliding emotions in the finale...from  Alberto leaving DS , from another good bye  and separation ..north to north , south to south,   from father Ri totally supporting his son,  the few villains getting their send offs, from the amazing NiS agent showing Capitan Ri how to send messages ( i really liked how great Nis agents turned out in this drama) , from my comrade villagers and Seri's respect in honouring them :star:.   I am so glad that this drama remained totally humane to the end , giving us all a chance to promote PEACE in our own way and our own sharing. 

Every year i get lucky and Adore some dramas , and add them as jewels to my drama  crown :love:    i will add CLOY for giving us a chance to step away from our usual pre conceptions and imagine / support something better, something that in practical way created a beautiful partnership for all.   

Gamsahabnida Crush Landing on You

I almost forgot, our National Treasure looks , i mean looks totally godly in the uniform, in the suits...but i loved the cool sweat pants and running shoes at the end ...lucky Se Ri LOL   

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/5-iconic-crash-landing-shoot-locations-around-korea-visit-k-drama-tour/

5 Iconic “Crash Landing On You” Shoot Locations Around Korea For You To Visit One Day

Such gramworthy tourist destinations!

CF31A6B2-F969-4B77-A3A6-69C1657FDF27.jpg

The hit series Crash Landing On You has aired its final episode on February 16, 2020 and left many K-Drama lovers feeling that severe PDD: Post Drama Depression. In case you are one of the many suffering symptoms of Hyun Bin‘s Captain Ri Jeong Hyuk and Son Ye Jin‘s Yoon Se Ri withdrawal, here is a list of Crash Landing On You shoot locations around Korea you can review while remembering the most romantic scenes from the show!

1. Hantan River Sky Bridge in Pocheon

BFE80A14-D5B8-4C89-B322-D4F060FEDC8D.jpg

This scenic bridge on which Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin realize the two of them have been fated for long before they even knew is located in Pocheon City.

Crossing over Hantan River, this bridge stretches for 650 feet at 160 feet high mid-air.

2. Yeongjongdo Seonnyeo-bawi Beach in Incheon

30CC7139-C8F2-4A20-8145-AB91897D9F4F.jpg

This peaceful beach where Hyun Bin arrives after crawling through the underground tunnel that connects North to South Korea is located in Incheon City…

… on the same small island where the Incheon International Airport is built.

3. Byeolmaro Observatory in Yeongwol
0B5F63A5-2D1C-4BF6-BA5A-63BD6A2C9C06.jpg

This breathtaking hilltop where Son Ye Jin sets off to test her paragliding gear and ends up stranded in North Korea is located in Yeongwol City.

Built on top of Mt. Bongrae, the Byeolmaro Observatory is popular for sunset, sunrise, and star watching.

4. Tangeum Lake’s Rainbow Bridge in Chungju
5A4960C0-3B89-47F5-967B-112E3AF89D00.jpg

This romantic walkway where the supporting couple Seo Dan, played by actress Seo Ji Hye, and Gu Seung Joon, played by actor Kim Jung Hyun, admit their feelings for each other is located in Chungju City.

The bridge, which lights up in rainbow colors after sunset, stretches over the city’s most popular dating spot, the Tangeum Lake.

5. Commodore Hotel in Busan
821C497D-ACD3-4340-B117-3B074DBF7913.jpg

This traditional hotel lobby where Crash Landing On You characters continue to cross paths is located in Busan, inside its beloved landmark Commodore Hotel.

Impossible to miss, thanks to its unique and historic architecture, the Commodore Hotel is a popular choice among visitors who stop by Busan City.

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/5-iconic-crash-landing-shoot-locations-around-korea-visit-k-drama-tour/

——————-

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/tvn-channel-top-5-k-dramas-viewer-ratings/

These Are tvN’s Top 5 K-Dramas, With “Crash Landing On You” Taking Over #1

Guaranteed to keep you hooked!

3KJYgkigoczceNv_d7NgoBWz3-ZKl3IynU8INj9a

Channel tvN has been pushing out some binge-worthy K-Dramas since the last decade. And with Crash Landing On You having aired its final episode on February 16, 2020, the channel now boasts a new “Top 5” that kept the most viewers hooked!

5. Prison Playbook (2017)

This comedy series from 2017, featuring the story of a baseball player who ends up in prison and befriends characters like he has never seen before, received 11.2% in viewer ratings. A sequel with a similar title based in a hospital is in the works for premiere in March 2020, starring big name actors like Jo Jung Suk and Jung Kyung HoPrison Playbook fans are definitely looking forward to the second of the Playbookseries!

4. Signal (2016)

This thriller series from 2016 features the story between a criminal profiler in the present and a detective from the past, solving murder mystery cases together using a special time-defying walkie-talkie. The show received 12.5% in viewer ratings. The talented cast had viewers watching on the edge of their seats — and since its finale, viewers have been desperately wishing for a second season.

3. Reply 1988 (2015)

This throwback series from 2015, third of its Reply franchise, features the story of five friends living in the outskirts of Seoul in 1980s. As the most successful out of the three, Reply 1988 received 18.8% in viewer ratings. Idol-turned-actress Girl’s Day‘s Hyeri got high praise for her natural and believable acting skills in this series — and, perhaps more importantly, met her current boyfriend actor Ryu Jun Yeol while on set!

2. Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016)

This fantasy series from 2016 features the story between a girl who sees ghosts and a guardian god who needs her help to rest in peace. Their heartbreaking love storyfueled this series to be tvN channel’s first K-Drama to ever break 20.5% in viewer ratings. It remained the most popular series to have aired on tvN until February 2020.

1. Crash Landing On You (2020)

8-A39-E49-C-83-E1-4-B71-8747-ED9-E81817-

This romance series from 2020, featuring the story of a South Korean chaebolwoman falling in love with a North Korean soldier, received a record-breaking 21.7% in viewer ratings after the season’s finale episode aired. The cast, actor Hyun Bin and actress Son Ye Jin, boasted incredible chemistry that led the series to be even more attention-grabbing and binge-worthy!

Source: THEQOO

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 16 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 21.683%

Seoul: 23.249%

CLOY It's now the highest rated TvN drama!

I am on cloud nine about the ratings!! The CLOY team definitely deserve this for all the hard work and effort they have put in for the drama! I am glad that Hyun Bin's dream came true. Can we have more good news to go with it? (E.g. Hyun Bin and Son Yejin getting married)

After watching the last episode yesterday, I realized that Writer Park Ji-eun's vision about this drama has been very clear right from the start. She knew where she wanted to the drama to start and end very firmly, and no matter what changes were made in the midst of it, her goals were clear. This is probably one of the contributions to the great success of the drama. When your directions are clear, everything would fall in place and you would get to your destination no matter what routes you take. Of course everything else from the cast to the backstage crew etc are very important as well. The cast whether main or minor roles were all very well casted which created this great synergy to form, piece and create such a marvelous drama.

Thank you once again to CLOY team for everything. You have created a piece of work that would go down history and be remembered for a long long time.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

6 hours ago, Site Admin said:

I am not an SJ fan but I really thought that they faked his death so he would be free of his crimes and can date SD without any problems. Come to think of it, we never saw any casket and SD didn't specifically tell JH that SJ died.

that would be great!!  but sadly SD did tell JH that SJ went to a place where once you go you cannot come back... hmm though JH didn't seem very sad hearing it...

• Like 2