[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, Neunji said:

And also did that eavesdropper spy just become a ASMR guy in the end lol??

Manbok and his family will be moving to Pyeong Yang for his new job at a film studio. I'm not sure what exactly his job is, but with his past work I think he'll be recording ASMR sounds of the surrounding to add additional sound effects to movies/dramas. The fortuneteller was right about MB not coming back to the village, she just left out the part about the entire family leaving with him for a better place. I'm really happy for him. 

49 minutes ago, im0202 said:

2. The Mothers in this drama were one of the best I’ve seen in kdramas. Namely, SR, SD and JH’s mothers. Especially SD and SR’s mothers who really showed good character growth and were just doing all the right things in the end. I cried during the meeting between SD and JH’s mothers. Ultimately, mothers just want the best for their children, as long as their children are happy. I’m glad SD’s mother could understand this in the end.

I love this analysis. No need for mothers pulling each other's hair and being evil to their children. They just show unconditional love and give support whenever and wherever their children need. 

HB once said Secret Garden was a special work for him because it was a closure to his 20s and it received lots of love. It was one of his breakthrough moments before he officially left for the military. Now that he's 38, or 39 in Korean age, CLOY will probably be the closure to his 30s. He's filming an action movie soon and I doubt he'd jump into another Rom-Com drama so quickly before reaching his early 40s. What a way to end another milestone in his life with so much positivity and love from colleagues, friends and fans. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1

IU's song was not included in the original OST, it was probably added last minute and was supposed to be the wedding song. But in the end, they decided not to push through with the wedding due to political reasons. 

Hi Bye Mama will start right away next week, a good strategy i might say so they can somehow ride into CLOY's momentum. But i do hope we still get an addtl special episode... and moooore BTS! They always release very little clips of our OTP. haha.

• Like 5

Rethinking the ending.

Maybe writer-nim wanted to give a sense of hope.

For Seri and JH, there is that hope that one day they will be reunited permanently and not just for brief moments (the NK-US-SK summits anyone?) or the reunions for families who are seperated by the border (family reunions which are far and few in between)

I don't feel that writer-nim is glamorising NK but she has shown that real people live across the border from SK and their way of life is very different.

Suspicions are from both sides of the border. I think generals would scoff at the idea that love and unite two people who would never have met, if by chance.

So writer-nim now is offering hope that one day Seri will also be able to see the NK ajummas and the F5 again. Paralleling the hope that two countries will somehow be united again, some day.

Where there's hope, there is a will to try and live.

For me, hope that things can happen due to chance and fate would be these two people.

irML9e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, philosophie said:

Wait did SD ever get her revenge?!

she did. 

Spoiler

Seri's second brother and wife got arrested because the NK middle man, forgot his name,  sent Seri all the evidences that they were the mastermind to what happened to GSJ. And it won't happen if SD didn't talk to him. She's prolly the one who financed his trip to China too to send those infos.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Agree.. That's why it was an open yet happy ending for me... 

Mom scene with poison ready in her hand was so poignant. For us who live in a "normal" country, this scene might seem realistic. But up North, it's their reality. That also makes her reunion scene with her son and the whole "Thank you for coming back alive" (as with Manbok family) a heartwrenching scene, because it can be considered a miracle... 

About RJH dad shot the younger general and the message they're trying to deliver... You know, I laughed sarcastically when RJH said "we'd like to stand on trial"... There's no such thing as a fair trial (or a trial itself) in NK, even for high ranking officers and their families (look for some news about the purges of high ranking officers in NK, including KJU's uncle by KJU himself, though the dog part is richard simmons). What the younger generals said about them being executed right away without trial is the norm... Hence, what RJH father did was realistic. He couldn't just execute the general without valid excuse, so he's bidding his time and calculating everything...when it's clear that the general attempts to execute his son, the justification for his deed materializes. For me, what he did was "normal" and "business as usual" by NK standards. 

I KNEW IT... I suspected they filmed so much more scenes, but could air it due to political reasons... That's why they have the open ending in Switzerland... They can't solve the issue of RJH's citizenship so they make once in a year meet up via Seri's scholarship foundation...to set up a legitimate reason for RJH going/living abroad. Though for me, it's still realistically not possible since NK citizens abroad are still under surveillance, especially if RJH is there under the name of National Orchestra. Even Dan is going to Russia to perform in an official event... 

On another side, it'll also be controversial if RJH is clearly defected or they're clearly married (the issue of Citizenship remains). 

This drama has tried its best to wrap it up satisfactorily and I really applaud them for that... It's really the best they can come up with without causing any troubles for themselves. 

NOW GIVE ME THE DVD. 

I NEED TO SIGN UP. 

Maybe its big issue there,defected from another country eps north korea,and the reason is marriage. the people from north will hunt you down and i dunno about political statement from the south. as i recall there so many defected north that end up in south korea and china. as for china because they have good terms with the north (because they both still use comunism) the defected will be send to north again. so to avoid the issue that may harm in the future they used the original ending. i read theres wedding scene and twins scene that shoot later but yeah maybe theres uncut scenes from dvd or from tvn.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

Let me just say that Hyun Bin is such a man. My goodness. RJH only shouted at Seri once in the drama and it was full of love, fear and sexiness. So hot. I don't think peak Brad Pitt can even hold a candle to his visuals during in the finale epilogue. He is close to 40 but he is probably the most handsome man I've ever seen. I wonder how he looks like in person.

And waiiiittt... wait... was he french kissing Son Ye Jin during that kiss? I think he is! Is he? Damn it! HE IS!!! :w00t:

My eyes tell me they might be french kissing each other, I see SYJ is doing it from one angle. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, creativedistraction said:

I hope they give us an hour's worth of BTS and deleted scenes :tears:

YES!! That will be the best reward for the fans!! We need something to help with our withdrawal pains.....

I am rewatching Ep 16 and I am still bawling at the final good-bye scene at the demarcation line....SYJ's acting is so super good, and HB shouting Don't Run still gets to me. And I still love how the NIS protected JH and not allow the NK soldiers to shoot him.

I have a new thot about the writer and the character of JH. I have this feeling that writer-nim is half-in-love with JH, the character that she created. He is so lovingly written, and perfect in so many ways, a male lead who is gentle, show his love through actions, generous and kind, and always protecting and giving first priority to the female lead. I recall the writer for Boys Over Flowers manga admitting that she fell in love with Doumyouji, the male lead in her manga and was very detailed in his character creation/ development. Somehow I feel the same way about CLOY's writer Park Ji-Eun towards Ri Jang Hyuk, her perfect male lead character.

Back to Ep 16!

• Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

Untill yesterday i would get excited by hearing the opening song as it would mean the start of a new epi.But now whenever i hear that song,only the ending comes to my mind.My heart skipped a beat when the camera went in a full swing mode with that thumping beat.I was hoping for the twins to come up in that frame :pensive:.Still it was beautiful..They could have shown a close up of the last kiss though.I m still crying:bawling:..I will need some courage to watch it again.Can t believe that such a beautiful journey is over.Right now I feel like a very dear person has left me and I won't meet that person again.My heart hurts badly.I know it is all fictional but my tears won't just stop.My friends were asking if it was a bad ending seeing my trance.I told them it was very good but what will i look forward from now on.I couldn't sleep properly as their scenes were flashing in my head.I screwed my exam as well but the funny part is i m still crying over CLOY.:joy: Hope I get some strength from you comrades to get through this tough phase.Thanks for sharing your thoughts.I really enjoyed them and would always keep on visiting this thread.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Then SYJ said he should dress up as Dooly (what's that??) if they hit 22% hahaha! But unfortunately, HB didn't really agree to do that.....

Dooly when pronounced in Korean is "2-ri" (Doo = 2; ly = ri), which refers to the Ri-Ri couple.

At the same time, they were also referring to this character when jokingly said "Are you going to dress up as Dooly?" :))

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-02-17-at-12-47-23-PM.pn

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Guys! What is this?? Deleted scenes?

tvN is messing with us? Wha is that? N Seri is pregnant is it in that stills?

1 minute ago, Winny said:

(Didn't have much time to backlog, this thread is moving fast still...:sweat_smile:)

A quick question, for the border parting scene, when Jh shouted at SR not to run, was it because SR still haven't recovered yet, or because she might get shot by the NK soldiers,  if she kept running across the border so he run to her instead and hugged her to protect her in SK border side? 

I know JH said its because she haven't recovered yet but i can't help but think it's because SR might get shot at.

it is because she hasn't recovered yet. He is terrified that he might faint and it will threaten her life again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3