[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@INeedAFan do you have the link for naver board discussion about the drama? The site is too hard to navigate with my limited korean. Please.

All I have to do is play IU's OST and my tears start falling thinking of the ending scene.

All I can hear is their voiceovers and a reflection of their time spent together.

JH who wonders if they can go back in time. JH who wishes that SR and him never met, and never fell in love--if that means SR can be healthy and well and alive.

SR who would go through the whole experience of meeting JH again--even if it means her having to listen to his hurtful words in a bid to rid her of any blame, and her life being in danger multiple times, to finally being on the brink of death. She would not hesitate to live through it once again.

Opposing views, heartfelt thoughts. Both so selfless and beautifully worded. 

All in the name of love.

My heart, I cannot :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

There is no way to tell if this is BTS for Ep 16.... this was used up in the opening credits

But I think the scene could have been filmed for ep16. They reunite in Switzerland, as the opening credits suggests after a few years.

• Like 2

Thought Bubble #1: During the duckling's arrest, it's just so sad that the handcuffed criminals are the ones who care more for Seri's well-being while the older brother and the sis-in-law just looked on. I used to like how the older brother got disgusted when CCK suggested to kill Seri and stormed out of the table. But after he practically ordered Seri's death for power, there is no humanity left in them, no more redemption.

Thought Bubble #2: The deeper we go into the episode, the more I am rooting for a sort of peace treaty between SK and NK. I think it is not too greedy at this point to ask for world peace. We have become so invested in all characters, the most loveable ensemble I've ever had the good fortune of watching in any drama IMO. We want them all to have a happy ending, not just the OTP.

THE REAL HAPPY ENDING aside from our OTP getting married and having twins:

* Gum Eun Dong going back to school and playing as much online games as he wants (and final showdown with Tomato Cultivator)

* Kim Ju Mok being able to watch all the kdrama he wants and getting invited to Choi Ji Woo's house from time to time

* Gwang Beom having an army SK and NK fangirls

* Pyo Chi Soo slamming the heck out of Seri's older brother's head into a table

* Seri spoiling the NK ahjumma's with SK capitalism just like she did with the ducklings.

* More domestic scenes of the OTP and their twins in SK during weekdays and their little house in NK during the weekends, with two hour family road trips to Pyongyang to visit grandma and Grandpa Ri.

* More shipping scenes from the adorable NIS (they are part of my favorite characters list now lol)

* Seri retaining her business in SK, not having to give up what she worked hard for all these years just to be with RJH

* RJH being able to showcase his piano skills in his homeland, bowing in front of a his countrymen instead of foreigners. That would be really heart-warming.

* A third child, a boy for our OTP. I can envision them having many kids. Hyun bin and Son Ye Jin have such a strong parental vibe.

* Thought Bubble #4: It was kind of sly for RJH to confirm that he is the son of the Director of the General Political Bureau, very much like when he asked the ducklings to spread the rumor about his noble birth. He knew it was going to change the status quo.

* Though Bubble #5: Watching Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin do dramatic scenes is like watching a world-class orchestra playing the soft mellow sounds towards a heart-thumping crescendo that leaves us all in awe of the level of talent we have witnessed. Personally and professionally, Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin bring out the best in each other.

*Though Bubble *6: Wondering why I've never warmed up to the second leads, except if when they help our OTP move their story forward

Thought Bubble #7: The "bad guy" in this drama is not a person but geopolitics, the tension between NK and SK. Now that I think about it, doing away with the "bad guy" kind of resolves a lot of things. The way to a happy ending is actually so simple as it is complicated.

• Like 6
  • Love 8

5 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

@newbie if indeed for Ep 16, then the clue to the ending was already with us.... from the 1st episode...

I thought Se-ri is dressed a bit older in the final Swiss scene of the opening credits. A time jump perhaps?

Hmm, I  wonder how the ladies here would react if the ending is like Makato Shinkai's anime, 5 cms per second i.e. Captain Ri waits for Se-ri to find out that she is now married and have twins?

Too cruel and the writer better hire some real bodyguards. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I'm so nervous about the finale. We have our hopes so high after all the great moments up until this point. They've all done such a wonderful job that I wish for their sake as much as ours that the ending is one that sits well with viewers and wins awards and is talked about for years to come!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

43 minutes ago, newbie said:

Does anyone see that there are two scenes in the final ep. preview involving Capt Ri+his 5 loyal troopers and NKorean soldiers. 

(1) The tense prisoner exchange scene(on a road,  NIS and NK soldiers pointing guns at each other). Capt Ri runs back across the demarcation line, presumably Se-ri is there watching secretly and the good Captain needs to say a heartfelt goodbye. Cue more tissues. 

(2) Forest scene in which Ri+5 are surrounded by NK soldiers and the fat military director. Presumably they were hijacked on the way back to NK after the prisoner exchange?

Captain Ri and the five are wearing the same clothes in both scenes, I think they are purposely out of order in the preview to throw us off the scent.

This in my opinion, points to the open ended scenario 3 of this forum's poll. Se-ri and Captain Ri will not unite in SK and manufacture twins as per the wishes of the majority of fans here.

My guess on the sequence of events- separation where RJH runs to SR i handcuffs, and then scene in the forest comes after (post-separation).

Did anyone notice how in SR’s premonition when she saw the future of what would happen to her post-paragliding, all the scenes shown of what happened to her were without RJH (as in, we cannot see him, we only see his back at most).  This is consistent with what SR told RJH after she woke up at the hospital: she had a long dream and in it she could not find him.

Oh my i cant take this anymore

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Just now, blue_fleurs said:

Did anyone notice how in SR’s premonition when she saw the future of what would happen to her post-paragliding, all the scenes shown of what happened to her were without RJH (as in, we cannot see him, we only see his back at most).  This is consistent with what SR told RJH after she woke up at the hospital: she had a long dream and in it she could not find him.

I couldn't tell where writer-nim was trying to take that dream towards @blue_fleurs it could change the entire genre!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, sharluvsenergy said:

There really could be a possibility of a scene showing them meet in Switzerland for Ep. 16. Judging from their looks in the pic, JH looks a lot older here. When he was in Switzerland for college (flashback scenes), his clothing style and his flat mushroom hair conveyed the image of a young JH. Even when he was in NK we never saw his pushed back hair (can't do according to NK's rule anyway). It's only when he came to SK later on did he have a few scene with his hair styled. 

In this pic his hair looks longer (could be angle of the photo) and is pushed back (I'm assuming after filming in Switz he cut his hair shorter to start filming for other episodes in NK), and when I saw the opening credit I thought he looked older as well. So perhaps this could be a scene showing them a few months/years after their last farewell in SK?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, newbie said:

I thought Se-ri is dressed a bit older in the final Swiss scene of the opening credits. A time jump perhaps?

Hmm, I  wonder how the ladies here would react if the ending is like Makato Shinkai's anime, 5 cms per second i.e. Captain Ri waits for Se-ri to find out that she is now married and have twins?

Too cruel and the writer better hire some real bodyguards. 

I hope this turns out to be a Korean version of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, the end being Jeong Hyeok telling their kids about his love story with their mother.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I still fear a open ending. I get the feeling they will try to leave things open for a possible part 2 of this drama next year. They've made too much money with this drama and trying to milk it. The fact that they gave the last script so close to the airdate is also fishy. Anyway i guess we will see.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

I couldn't tell where writer-nim was trying to take that dream towards @blue_fleurs it could change the entire genre!

I also don’t know where she’s going with that but it seems really significant!!

13 minutes ago, ncly said:

There really could be a possibility of a scene showing them meet in Switzerland for Ep. 16. 

This scene could just be for the opening video and some promotional posters - not actually a scene in the episode. I think this could be it because in Memories of the Alhambra I was waiting forever for that poster scene of HB and PSH staring at each other but it never was a scene in the drama.. just a poster shot.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

I hope this turns out to be a Korean version of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, the end being Jeong Hyeok telling their kids about his love story with their mother

@Site AdminIf that's the case, we'll get the ending where Seri is dead and JH is actually in love with one of the ahjummas :D

*still bitter about himym ending*

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 15. 8:59 PM

"Crash Landing on You" episode 15: Kim Jung Hyun and Son Ye Jin are on edge of death

200216 -(2) tvN 토일드라마 [사랑의 불시착] 반전의 연속... 끝까지 눈 뗄 수 없는 전개

The drama "Crash Landing on You" has touched viewers' hearts with consecutive thrilling details and a heartbreaking love story.

Episode 15 of the Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN) airing on February 15 has reached an average rating of 17.1% and peaked at 19.2% (nationwide standard, Nielsen Korea) on paid platforms integrated from cable, satellite, and IPTV. At the same time, the episode also held the No.1 spot in viewership ratings among all the same-time-slot films of all television channels, terrestrial ones included. Besides, the drama once again proved its status as a "drama making women's hearts flutter" by recording the highest rating of 26.1% for female viewers in their 40s. Furthermore, in terms of the targeted 2049 rating, the work has achieved an average viewership rate of 11.4% and peaked at 12.8%, which helps the drama claim 1st place among the same-time-frame films of all channels including terrestrial television. 

In this episode, the image of Hyun Bin (as Ri Jeong Hyeok) facing the risk of being arrested by NIS while Son Ye Jin was struggling alone to protect her love drew attention. Seeming to put an end to the persistent battle after the death of Oh Man Seok (as Cho Cheol Gang), Hyun Bin was under the investigation of the NIS shortly afterward. During that process, Son Ye Jin was also investigated, bringing a sense of tension to viewers.

Since Hyun Bin was in fear of damaging Son Ye Jin's reputation and position, he gave a false testimony that he intended to seduce and use her. Not only did she disagree, but Son Ye Jin also denied it till the end. Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin moved audiences to tears with their deep and heartwrenching feelings as they said conflicting testimony to protect each other.

Meanwhile, Seo Ji Hye (as Seo Dan) and Kim Jung Hyun (as Gu Seung Jun) finally confirmed their feelings for each other. The irony bond of the couple has made viewers commiserate. Kim Jung Hyun was chased and kidnapped again, but he escaped and went to see Seo Ji Hye for the last time before leaving North Korea. He spelled out the situation forcing him to depart soon and put a ring on Seo Ji Hye's hand. Seo Ji Hye tried to hide her pain and suffering to say goodbye to him.

At the end of episode 15, the different fate of Son Ye Jin and Kim Jung Hyun was clearly shown, thereby pushing the tense atmosphere to the climax. Being hurt by Hyun Bin's cold attitude when delineating the boundaries in the relationship of the two, Son Ye Jin was unconscious and was diagnosed with septicemia because of sequelae after surgery. Besides, right before the departure, Kim Jung Hyun was aware of the fact that Seo Ji Hye was kidnapped and hastily returned to save her. He was shot there and collapsed when being ambushed by strangers.

The shocking ending scene made the viewers stir up. The "Bbi-" sound resounded in the scene where Kim Jung Hyun and Son Ye Jin were placed between the boundary of life and death that strangled the hearts of viewers. Therefore, the public is extremely looking forward to the last episode aired today, to see how Son Ye Jin and Kim Jung Hyun - two people standing on the border between life and death - will face destiny.

Reporter Park Jung Sun park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

I still fear a open ending. I get the feeling they will try to leave things open for a possible part 2 of this drama next year. They've made too much money with this drama and trying to milk it. The fact that they gave the last script so close to the airdate is also fishy. Anyway i guess we will see.

I don't think the main leads, especially HB and SYJ, would agree to return for another season... It's better for the drama to wrap up within one season anyway as season 2 is unnecessary imo.

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

This is me right now:

Same here. They put our OTP through a lot this episode. I cried quite  a lot. 

Hope for some happiness for our OTP this evening. They deserve happiness. And the writer-nim must make up for our tears from Episode 16 by a lot of smile from Episode 16. 

• Like 4