[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Ever since the SK storyline began, to switch back to SJ and SD feels off-track... Now their scenes come across as parallel tracks save the ones where SJ is connecting some dots for us, as to how JH is being helped by his contacts. 

If only writer-nim had somehow brought SJ and SD to SK as well... then perhaps the interplay could have been built better, with SJ being JH's partner in crime. 

It's really sad that fans are left wanting more screen-time for the first leads. 

This makes me want to bring up Secret Garden again. Even if Jim Won and Ra Im are not together, at least one of the leads were usually present in the scene... And before you can start feeling the withdrawal symptoms, they would be back again. 

Yes, you absolutely need to make us start missing the leads. That's the draw and I get it, but don't switch tracks to the point where you make us get off the couch to get a glass of water....

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

I just can’t digest the first strategy of RJH, to lie to NIS.

He needs to lie in order to protect SR (so that she is not prosecuted as a compliance). If you rewatch their scene, SR actuality told him she understood why he did that. 

@junelives I agree with you. I kept on doing other stuffs while watching non RJH or SR’s scenes. Mostly because I am not invested to other characters. The problem with episode 15 is not only SR that was missing in action, RJH was also nowhere to be seen. I don’t get why the need to give more screen times to SJ and the ahjummas (e.g. the meal scene) when SJ is going to stay at RJH’s house. I can give other examples, but I will just settle with this one. Therefore, there is a big gap between SRxRJH’s screen times compared to the preceding episodes.

With only one episode left that is going to heavily focus on resolving some loose ends (basically everything), I hope the final edit would still have either RJH or SR on the screen to keep the audiences engaged. Otherwise, I don’t think it will achieve its highest rating. 

PS: you can also read Naver’s board and almost everyone is complaining about the screen times.

Also, I am hoping for a scene between RJH and SR’s parents since they were at the hospital at the same time. Pleaseee

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I will never understand why odd episode ratings take a blow --__--. It has ruined momentum for many weeks. Anyways still a massive success and i hope 20% in cards, so it becomes only second cable drama to do so.

It is massive  success for both leads considering previous drama  projects. The drama's average will be 12% if it ends up with 19 to 20% in finale.it will make it only fifth cable drama to do so, if it crosses average of 12% for 16 episodes. Three of previous four  dramas had 20 episodes. So that is how this drama has been a massive success and biggest hallyu hit in 3 years.

12% on paid cable channel like tvn or jtbc is like 24% of free public channels like sbs, mbc and kbs!  So 17% rating is  like 34% from tvn's point of view. What a success!

Normally it’s like that. Saturday show will have slightly lower ratings than on Sunday though CLOY is the only drama aired on the time slot. (The other dramas like Stove league n Itaewon Class aired later at 11pm + and kBs n MBc weekend drama aired earlier at 6pm). On SaturdaY many people go out and hardly get home by 9pm to catch the drama. When i was in Korea i face the same situation. It’s a rush to get back home by 9pm to catch a drama. So i guessed some just wait for the rerun or just watch on the phone. As compared to Sunday, i guess by 9pm most ppl already at home as Monday is working day so they called their day early. Hence Sunday will have a better ratings. It’s not inly this drama but it has been this trend for all tvN sat-sun dramas. Sunday ratings higher than Saturday 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I was trying to wait until the final episode was available before watching ep 15 because I didn’t think I could handle the suspense. But alas, as soon as I opened Netflix, I could resist hitting the play button on CLoY!! 

I’m shook!! 

I love the way the writers portrayed the NIS. The previous episode had me worrying about how serious this situation could turn out and I did not expect nor saw it coming, that the NIS would be used as comic relief.

I am so so so glad that CCG is finally dead although I have to say that it took forever for him to die!! Like how come when JH and Seri got shot once, they pretty much passed out right away but when CCG got shot multiple(!) times (and considering he’s actually still recovering from a previous gunshot wound!), he was still able to utter so many sentences!! I found myself screaming at the tv going “die already!!!” :joy: I also found it comical that it took so long for the NIS to break into that room after they shot CCG. Like what were they all doing out there? Waiting for an invitation?? :joy:

The scene where JH and Seri do the face to face interview was so heartbreaking. And when he rushes out of the room after he learns that she had fainted... ugh!!! The acting is just so so good that you can’t help but feel all the emotions. 

I love SD’s uncle!! It was hilarious how he was quick to point out what we all were thinking of, that SD had also done all that JH apparently didn’t. I’m so glad he’s not a bad guy. I have love for SD’s mom as well. I’m glad the writers didn’t make her into a villain and actually provides comic relief as well. That scene in the previous episode when she finds out who “Alberto” really is and she goes.. “what the F....!!!” Literally has me laughing so hard! I had to replay that scene!

I really hope Go Seungjun isn’t dead. I think him and SD actually make a pretty good couple. And he actually turned out to be a pretty decent guy despite how the earlier episodes made us think he was going to be a bad guy. He’s one of those characters that was so unexpected for me. 

I really hope we don’t lose any more characters (except for the 2nd eldest brother and his wife who deserve to end up like CCG). 

Oh, and as if we don’t already have tons of reasons to fall madly in love with JH, this episode just gave us more reasons to forever love JH... showing how nice he was even to other people.. and the epilogue!!! Ugh, where do I find a guy like that IRL???

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Prueksachittham said:

Ha ha ha from the clothes to the something in the rain. Ha ha ha I feel like we are sucking in the drama too much. Real and reel are so close.

Sorry, but Jung Hae In doesn’t get half of himself wet like HyunBin oppa. So Capt Ri still wins for me. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

After watching again, i realized that JH put the gun to his head because he believed his parents were going to be executed because of his actions. OMG! He believed this horrible lie and that's why he was like lifeless, and gave up on everything. When he learned the truth, you could see him wanting to fight again. 

I truly wish we had more than 16 episodes. We deserve to see much more of these amazing characters. I will miss all of them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

8 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Sorry, but Jung Hae In doesn’t get half of himself wet like HyunBin oppa. So Capt Ri still wins for me. 

Even the iconic Jo In sung jacket umbrella didn't give me the same feeling.. Captain Ri will always win for me 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, lavanta said:

@sheeeeee That scene is killing me:tears: the moment I hear Crush's voice , it is seeping through my heart and my tears drops immediately:tears:  I loved the song but this scene made me love it 1000x more:heart: Such a simple but tear jerking scene:tears:

Yeah. All the osts for this drama really :heart:

I still can’t move on from face to face interview.

RJH, you can put the most cold and stern look but you eyes never lied :bawling:

You hurt so much too inside while uttering that harsh words!

We all know how deeply you are in love with SeRi. 

That scene just heartbreaking :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

The interrogation room was truly a standout scene. I love such angst in Kdramas and this one was done so well. Seri got so tired that she just couldnt fight him anymore and accepted things as they are and that's when she fainted because in that moment it's like she gave up on herself too, she didnt want to fight the illness anymore because then she would live but without him. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

47 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Thank you for sharing the clip! I wish Netflix starts to add subtitles for background musics.

I remember good old days where the song lyrics were also translated in the subtitles TT_TT

29 minutes ago, junelives said:

Ever since the SK storyline began, to switch back to SJ and SD feels off-track... Now their scenes come across as parallel tracks save the ones where SJ is connecting some dots for us, as to how JH is being helped by his contacts. 

If only writer-nim had somehow brought SJ and SD to SK as well... then perhaps the interplay could have been built better, with SJ being JH's partner in crime. 

That's why I really like the ending scenes...when the two couples are brought in a parallel... It doesn't feel jarring...but SJ and SD need to stay in NK...so we'd feel that there's a connection between NK and SK even though the main leads have left NK.

21 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I was trying to wait until the final episode was available before watching ep 15 because I didn’t think I could handle the suspense. But alas, as soon as I opened Netflix, I could resist hitting the play button on CLoY!! 

I’m shook!! 

I love the way the writers portrayed the NIS. The previous episode had me worrying about how serious this situation could turn out and I did not expect nor saw it coming, that the NIS would be used as comic relief.

I am so so so glad that CCG is finally dead although I have to say that it took forever for him to die!! Like how come when JH and Seri got shot once, they pretty much passed out right away but when CCG got shot multiple(!) times (and considering he’s actually still recovering from a previous gunshot wound!), he was still able to utter so many sentences!! I found myself screaming at the tv going “die already!!!” :joy: I also found it comical that it took so long for the NIS to break into that room after they shot CCG. Like what were they all doing out there? Waiting for an invitation?? :joy:

LMAO mee tooooo,, like "WHY HE CAN STILL SAY SO MUCH NON-SENSE AFTER HE GOT MULTIPLE GUN SHOT??!!"

NIS agents are my  favorite in this episode hahah.

I wish someone puts the second bro and his wife to jail already. I DON'T GET IT, WRITER-NIM...why no one reports them and drags them to the police?! Why dad only disowned them, not jailed them? Is it because 'family's reputation' all over again? *Sigh

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, junelives said:

@INeedAFan We have to wait 44mts into Episode 15 for JH and Se Ri to be in a scene together.... Like how? They surely must have noticed this while editing no?

And the worst part is most of them are fillers except for the NIS since those scenes are important in order to release JH and the gang.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

@blue_fleurs Please no time jump :tears:. I am hoping that RJH’s parents (his father, at least) would help RJH to return to SK. I don’t see him staying in NK after finding out the truth about his brother’s death. 

I don't want it either :( also not sure I trust RJH's father at the moment so not hopeful that he'd help RJH be with SR...

After re-watching I paused CG's death speech a few times to read it carefully, I'm starting to think RJH attempted suicide in a brief moment because of the shock of what CG said (that the father would have "found himself" if he were to continue investigating the brother's death, meaning that the father is bad guy behind all this) - RJH must have been shook to the core by this but luckily he snapped back probably thinking how he has to live for YSR and also CG is manipulative so could be lying.  Anyway, I hope it's the latter and RJH's father is still the sweet funny old guy we like.

The face-to-face interview scene... how difficult it must have been for HB to hold in / well up those tears in his eyes... the moment he ran out to see her, they just fell.  What's really sad about this scene is unlike how SR ran after RJH in the snow after kicking him away at SJ's house, RJH ran after her but she doesn't know.  They don't meet :( 

Oh also RJH statement about his plan to bring SR back due to her background, how did he know this was his father's story as well?  It wasn't until later in the episode that he saw CG's email which contained that information.  

Also, I love CLOY's ability to transition between sad and funny scenes but episode 15 didn't seem too well-done on the transitions.  Too many funny scenes given the gravity of what's happening.

• Like 9

I wasn’t surprised with the lower rating for episode 15 but it was still a very good episode. Finally closure with the evil colonel and I was right when I predicted he will die in a hail of bullets. Unsurprisingly and typical of bad guys in many dramas and movies, they still have something to say in the end that creates doubts and uncertainties in the mind of the protagonist. Good thing later in the story the truth was revealed when the colonel’s email was retrieved and NIS showed it to Ri. The episode was mostly serious with a few lighter moments to break up the mood. I’ll start with the goos ones first before I discuss the ‘bring out the tissue moments’. The Fab 5 as usual are top mention especially the sergeant. They keep on thinking they will be tortured and even thought the lie detector machine was such a machine and how about when the youngest duckling was tricked into believing there was a person inside the vending machine who warms up the milk. The junior NIS presenter also keeps on giving information that are either not incriminating or really obvious. The videos of Ri showing his good deeds, the credit card purchases of the ducklings and the psychologist explanation of Ri’s action when he’s around Seri to mention a few.  
The other NIS staff was correct when he said Ri had the calm appearance of someone who is going to take the blame for everything. I fully expected Seri to fall on the floor after being upset with Ri pretending he only used her and was actually trying to bring her back to NK. But the writers did even better by having Seri fall unconscious just outside the door and Ri founding out after. His act of rushing outside the door made it even more obvious to the senior NIS that he has feelings for Seri and that he is lying about everything to keep Seri safe. I know it most likely will never happen in real life but NIS even allowed Ri to go to the hospital after being informed that Seri is in critical condition.

I was also right that the person who came out of the door in the rooftop will help Gu. 

His ‘manager’ pretended to side with the goons sent out by Seri’s 2nd brother but later helped him escape. We saw a very touching moment when the orphans provided a distraction so that Gu will escape notice from the goons. Gu realized he was like the orphans before with no parents and not knowing who will take care of them. I immediately knew Gu was going to give the ring to Dan and fully expected him to propose to Dan whilst in Ri’s house. What he said instead was more touching. He will go away to make himself a better man and implied if Dan is willing to marry him when he comes back and Dan is still single. I thought Gu will call Dan’s mother or uncle for assistance so when he entered with guns blazing I asked myself where did he get the gun. Gu’s dialogue after he was shot was nice. He thought no one will cry for him when he dies and seeing Dan crying for him will make it worthwhile even if he dies. For this episode I will say that Dan Gu had better interaction compared to Seri Ri. 
They have said from the start that this drama is going to be a lighter drama so I’m expecting no one to die in the main love team and hoping that the secondary love team also has a happy ending. Since there is only one episode left I will make some guesses. The NIS knows Ri is the son of a very powerful director in NK so I suspect the issue will be kept under wraps to avoid political fallouts. Many people have been speculating about Seri’s biological mother but I suspect it is not part of the story and whoever she is will not be known. I expect the writers to surprise us with a lot of bombshells and who knows there might even be a reunification. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

Unlike some of you I'm unable to take in the lighter moments in Ep 15. The emotional tempo is another level for our OTP and so the context switching and humor feels misplaced and jarring...

Ever since the last couple of episodes its turned into melo first, comedy second drama... and not the other way around.

Amidst all the things that I couldn't handle, I also have to mention that piano BGM towards the end.... it fine melody cleaves one's heart.... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I rewatched ep 15 with subs... I loved it without understanding it and now that I do understand the conversations, I am loving this episode more. This episode hurts so much in every scene. Even the epilogue, it’s bittersweet... the lyrics matched perfectly. Oh my heart! 

But I feel positive with the ending, the writer has been showing many signs for a HEA. I think that SJ and SD will stay in NK, but JH will return to SK, and JH’s parents will move to Switzerland (his dad will retire, I believe). I would love to see the ducklings in Switzerland. They could move there with their families. Ahhh let them happily live in my utopian world please hahaha.

Tomorrow I will be live streaming again... I cannot wait for sub version in Netflix. LOL I am so anxious. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3