[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Less hands and more kisses please :rolleyes:

Exactly @AnnieCheesecake I mean is it too much to ask for a kiss? SYJ last drama has kisses in almost all eps.. common director whats happening sorry for being so shallow but What makes this drama so addicting is their chemistry , skinship and being together onscreen ... lessening these makes me a bit disappointed ... and sad , hoping for the best in the next episodes.

• Like 4

It's funny that we rarely ever question the fantastical and improbable plot hole in this kdrama like the being blown away by a tornado, paragliding off the mountain, the political climate, crawling down a 10km hole in 20 hours, the trajectory of the bullet that hit Seri. Because all of those are governed by science, physics, politics... our brains. All of these have numbers and figures that we can compute, yet somehow we allow ourselves to suspend our disbelief.

It's funny though that for the heart-fluttering moments, we are almost always in unison with how we felt the scene albeit in different degrees of varied opinion. Indeed, the emotions we feel as humans (though unquantifiable), regardless of our backgrounds and nationalities is almost always universal. Bottom line is, we all have the same innate longing for love, friendship and family. I just so love CLOY for bringing that out from all of us. Here's to our last three episodes comrades!

• Like 7

I am hoping that the scrip writer better has some grand ambitious plan brewing in her mind in the physical connection department of our couple, else I think she simply takes pleasure in seeing us rolling on the floor clamoring for kissing scenes.  And really, it is not that we are asking too much at all...the lack of kisses/hugs in the story line at this stage of the plot simply illogical and against human nature to me!!

The lines and shots of ring exchange, bridge confession were beautifully, I will give them that.  They are lucky that they have Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin on board because that is most likely the only reason these scenes still pull off and emote viewers' romantic sentiments/tears.   But that along doesn't offset the awkwardness and embarrassment those scene caused upon the viewers with the prolonged gaze, stiff body language and physical distance of our couple.  On the bridge (also the scene before the actual birthday party outside Seri's home) , SR even dropped JH's hand after holding it briefly.  I am really frustrated and disappointed at the inconsistency of their love for each other and their physical intimacy.   It it continues to be like this in the next episodes,  I sure will start to think something is seriously wrong.  

I love love love Cloy and our couple but sorry I am just tooo tooo frustrated...

• Like 8

Was re-watching episode 13.

ED is such a baby. It feels so much when ED wants for himself is only a cute hat and school uniform. He probably did not attend high school since he went to the army.

Love the scene when JM met CJW. I feel so happy for JM that he gets to meet, have lunch and a photo taken with his favourite actress. CJW is still sooooo pretty!!!! SK actress does not age at all?

Why is it that the chemistry between SJ and SD’s mother is more than with SD? SJ definitely knows how to manage SD’s mother and i love seeing their scenes more than SJ and SD :joy:

Why is it that JH and SR’s scenes in episode 13 does not feel like i’m watching JH and SR’s story but HB and SYJ in real life?

And i like that JH is always quoting SR as “my woman”, isn’t that having much more feel than kissing scenes? :heart:

For those waiting for the kissing scene, believed that would be soon as the scenes in SK parallel to those in NK. In NK, JH kissed SR in the hospital upon his awake, pretty sure the kiss will happen in the SK hospital when SR is awake.

TBH i was also quite disappointed with the ratings, hopefully CLoY get higher ratings (hoping for a 18%) tonight. :heart:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 08. 9:07 PM

"Crash Landing On You": Choi Ji Woo plays cameo, Son Ye Jin in danger for saving Hyun Bin

200209_-_(1)_tvN_%ED%86%A0%EC%9D%BC%EB%9

The sad love story of Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin in "Crash Landing On You" once again makes the small-screen audiences cry.

The episode 13 of the Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing On You" (tvN) aired on February 8 has gained an average viewership rating of 14,1%, the highest is 15,7% on paid platforms from cable, satellite, and IPTV. At the same time, the episode also leads the viewership ratings among dramas broadcast in the same timeslot across all channels including terrestrial TV. In addition, with the audience of males and females aged 10~50, the drama also holds first position among those aired in the same timeslot on all channels. In particular, "Crash Landing On You" once again stole the hearts of women when it recorded the highest viewership ratings of female viewers in their 40s at 20.7%. Moreover, for tvN's target audience of males and females aged 20~49, it also holds the highest position in terms of viewership ratings among the dramas of the same timeslot on all channels including terrestrial TV with an average rating of 9.3%, the highest is 10.4% (nationwide paid platform standards/ provided by Nielsen Korea), proving the warm affection of the audience for the work.

This episode depicted the happy time of Hyun Bin (as Ri Jeong Hyeok) and Son Ye Jin (as Yoon Se Ri). The two were willing to accept their eventual breakup, at the same time cherishing every moment of being together and creating beautiful memories together.

Kim Young Min (as Jeong Man Bok) and the members of the Fifth Platoon spent a good time together. In particular, Son Ye Jin prepared a special gift for Yoo Soo Bin (as Kim Joo Meok), who likes to watch Korean dramas every day. The surprising appearance of actress Choi Ji Woo on the magnificent background music mesmerized Yoo Soo Bin and struck the audience with astonishment. Right after the end of the episode, Choi Ji Woo's name topped the real-time searched keywords, thereby gaining explosive reaction.

However, the joy was short-lived, they once again fell into danger. After approaching Kim Young Min, Oh Man Seok (as Cho Cheol Gang) took his North Korean family as leverage and made a terrible threat. In the end, he managed to bribe him, successfully putting Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin into the already set trap. The image of Hyun Bin being put on the defensive during the battle with Oh Man Seok and the critical situation of Son Ye Jin when she was surrounded by unknown cars made the audience sweat with nervousness.

Nonetheless, the situation was reversed. In repay to Hyun Bin's deep feeling of gratitude, Kim Young Min confessed the whole truth and made a plan to catch Oh Man Seok. When Son Ye Jin was hiding in the car, the image of Kim Young Min and members of the squadron No. 5 taking off the jacket to show their faces made the audience feel the tension.

At the end of the episode, Son Ye Jin sacrificed herself to save Hyun Bin. Finding Hyun Bin standing in front of Oh Man Seok's gun in a defenseless state, she drove the car in between them, taking the bullet to save him, and fell unconscious. The image of Hyun Bin hugging Son Ye Jin with no energy left and cried made the audience sad and cry their eyes out when feeling his indescribable sadness.

Episode 14 of "Crash Landing On You" will be aired at 9 pm (KST) February 9.

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, peggygordon said:

Maybe i'm the only one who feel a little bit bored with the development RiRi couple on Ep.13.  They reply the same story again where SR life being dangerous and JH crying and afraid to lose.

I guess that's one of the reason the rating drop. 

You are not the only one. Their romance has been stagnant since episode 11 or 12 lmao. I was so bored and my sister just kept on FFing.

• Like 7

Why some of y’all want a kiss scene so bad? Pervert! :joy:

must be just me but I like it this way. Their actions, words, and expressions are enough to show how much they love each other. I sometime feel uncomfortable with kiss scene. :neutral:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

After re thinking about ep 13 i do think that it become a little bit boring idk the pace just not right compare to ep 12 which makes me really interested. This seems like ep 11 but a little bit more bad. 

Tbh i almost drop the last 20 min to watch another drama ( itaewon class ) because the fighting is just not my type and we got no love scene for our riri couple and yeah maybe because i already know that seri got shot from the spoiler in synopsis. 

But i had a Big hope for todays episode because this episode is important to build the hype for next week. The cliffhanger must be a right one so we will be impatient to wait for next week. 

• Like 4

Yes! Break his arms and the sister in law too. I really want to slap the 2nd SIL’s face in ep. 13.

Can SR and the step mom clear their misunderstandings? :tired: When she said she not gonna sacrifice her daughter for her son :bawling:

• Like 5

NGL I really think the relationship development between the couple is going in circles. I mean till episode 12 it's okay but I expected some progress in episode 13( No I don't mean bed scene ). How long will they play this holding back game? Lack of intimacy is really unrealistic. When you are love you just go with the flow and especially when you are in love as deep as RiRi no matter how strong you are in holding back your emotions there's always a moment of weakness where you just give in. Like some users mentioned forehead kiss or a peck should have been fine. I'm unable to digest that the writer who has been able to give three kiss scenes in NK has failed to give any kind of progress in intimacy in SK doesn't make sense. By the end of the day it's romcom people watch it for the love story between leads and their romantic development. The chemistry is being under-utilised imagine having actors like HB-SYJ and having fans complain about skin ship. Again no one is asking for unnecessary or forced skinship but the increase in number of misses opportunities is really frustrating. Like someone mentioned it's really hard to digest 30+ adults behaving like high school teenagers in terms of intimacy. 

Anyways I'm going to keep my expectations low about the skinship development in episode 14 so if there's indeed a progress I would like to get surprised. But if it doesn't happen lol I can already see all hell breaks lose here on this thread, twitter and other sns:sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

"Since my fated one is in N Korea, I kept breaking up with other men!"

What an EXCUSE by SR to a bewildered JH!:wub:

I LOVE this scene and couldn't help giggling at HYUN BIN's multiple expressive facial reactions especially when pouting again when accused of being jealous! :D

I LOVE that HYUN BIN is one of a few actors who still maintain a "fleshly" face (my no 1 bias Ha Suk Jin who acts as his brother is another 1) unlike many others who got their faces slimmed down a lot!:blush:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

The marketing department of this drama needs to have a meeting. Putting new stills that are not new and don’t raise viewers’ expectations are just plain lazy. Seriously, should have put something about JH meeting SR’s father or mother. Darn it, with the romance / storyline that is going in a circle, less and less people would be interested. I am seriously watching because of my loyalty :ph34r:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Taking a moment to write an appreciation post to Yoon Seri's character.  Does anyone else have a big girl crush on her and find her so amazing?!  She's so bold and funny and cool (I'm thinking the Switzerland scenes - she's so much cooler than SD!)  In episode 13, I loved her bambi syndrome analogy and her explanation to RJH about "I had to find *the one*", and her selflessness when it comes to RJH, and her older sister vibe to the boys.  This is so wrong but I was also very distracted by her gorgeous high heels during the last scene of episode 13 - her outfit was on point as always.

20 minutes ago, usadango said:

And i like that JH is always quoting SR as “my woman”, isn’t that having much more feel than kissing scenes? :heart:

Do you know what he's actually saying in Korean?  Is it literally the English translation, "my woman"?

• Like 9
  • Love 5

12 hours ago, L A said:

P/S 2: Does any one find that soccer watching scene so emotional? To me nothing reunites the citizens and raises the spirit of the nation more than an international football match. My eyes were wet seeing how they were all  in unison rooting for Korea against Japan. It could be a hint about a united Korea in the near future if the writer wants to walk down the fantasy path. It also reflects our writer's subtle wish and of course almost all Koreans to live in a united country.

Yes mate, i do feel that too. Not only do i currently live in a country where citizens love football so much, but it also shows a vision about an united nation. My country, 66 years ago, was divided into 2 different countries, the South and the North, quite similar to the situation in the Korea Peninsula. While watching this drama, I have always wondered what if my country were still seperated, and innocent people couldn't enjoy things they suppose to have, like electicity or morden technology. It's so lucky that my country has been united already. It can be assumed as patriotism, right:sweat_smile:?

• Like 7

It may sound strange but as i watched the episode 13 it never occurred to me once whether they would  kiss or not.Throughout the episode i was so immersed in the character developments,tying up of loose ends ,beautiful osts(i think this is the episode with highest number of osts played in one single episode)that the physical distance between the otp didn't bother me.This episode gave out all the emotions.I was really crying like a baby at the end even though i knew she would survive.In the morning when i checked the ratings, i got quite disappointed.Hope it gets better tonight.Although many of us are filled with angst over the lack of skinship in this episode, i think we should appreciate the subtle memorable scenes that were portrayed beautifully and cherish it.I will support this drama till the end. I just wish our wishes come true for the remaining plot and this drama remains an amazing experience that would stay with us for a long time.

• Like 10
  • Love 2