[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Breeze said:

Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun ended save each other on 'The Tale of Nokdu'.

I really liked episode 3 because both main leads saved each other throughout the episode and not just the main male lead.

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I do wonder what would happen when the great reveal to the entire community of women takes place. Will they start to trust men more after they've encountered him? Or would they feel absolutely betrayed by him? It's difficult to say, considering the women are all there because they have been betrayed by the men (and their families) in their life.

that is a really good question. I hope the women continue to build a strong camaraderie with nokdu throughout the show. They will definitely feel betrayal at first but for the most part I think they will come around, esp the female Corp/avengers. They remind me of the female versions of the three buddy sidekicks from Mulan. It will be mega hysterical if they have to crossdress as guys too like the sidekicks did in Mulan when they snuck into the palace :lol:

What if it turns out that her family is of the faction that is against Nok Du's family?

The political section of the show is really confusing for me esp since it’s early on the show and there are so many questions but I really like your speculations. For this one, I highly doubt it because according to some articles, it is claimed that Dong Joo Joo family were set up. So they were loyal but got framed for crimes they didn’t do : ( 

1 hour ago, kshuuuuuw said:

Did she go after nokdu in the next episode?

@kshuuuuuw welcome! She most certainly did! I think she may have saw nokdu doing something suspicious, and therefore she no longer buys his story of waiting for his lover and to see what he is really up to. 

for one don't believe that Hwang Tae is the actual royal baby. I do think Nok Du is the one.

Me too! 

1 hour ago, chuscho said:

Who is the lady that he's hugging? Is DJ see that?

It will be hilarious, if he randomly hugs a random lady to show DJ that he was “telling the truth” about waiting for his lover :lol: hahaha 

1 hour ago, kshuuuuuw said:

Did she go after nokdu in the next episode??:huh:

I t think  she go. (She miss him :wub: )

1 hour ago, chuscho said:

Who is the lady that he's hugging? Is DJ see that?? :open_mouth:

I am curious about her too. Looks like she will see that <_<

Top Lists Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

No.3 #TheTaleofNokdu

No.3 #JangDongYoon

No.5 #KimSoHyun

cr:Lily_CFC twitter

Young Dong Ju ig uptade. Maybe today we can see Dong Ju's background.

I really enjoyed episode 3. The pacing is on point all around. Especially, I appreciate that the story doesn't drag out Dong Ju finding out Nok Du's identity (the gender part for now). Despite this, Nok Du continues to fool everyone as Lady Kim (except for Dong Ju of course), leaving us all with some more laughter and finally some heart-fluttering scenes. The scene of Nok Du teaching Dong Ju how to dance by the river was so pretty and sweet. I love that they are starting to get to know each other and feel something :wub:.

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Bicker And Bond In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has shared new stills of Jang Dong Yoonand Kim So Hyun showing two contrasting sides of their relationship.

“Tale of Nok-Du” tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community with hopes to discover the truth. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan), and they become roommates.

The new stills show different situations the pair are in during the day and at night. During the day, the pair are at a market and despite the fact that she knows Jeon Nok Du is a man, Dong Dong Joo still insists on carrying the heavier items. He glares at her but she stares back, pretending like she doesn’t know what he’s so annoyed about. Though they may bicker, they still get along well.

At night, things appear to be different and more tense. Jeon Nok Du is dressed in black as he embraces a woman. Dong Dong Joo sees them and Jeon Nok Du seems to be surprised by her appearance. Tension is in the air as it appears they may be in trouble, sharing worried glances with each other.

Jang-Dong-Yoon-Kim-So-Hyun2.jpg

The production staff of “Tale of Nok-Du” said, “In today’s episodes, Jeon Nok Du will face great dangers and Dong Dong Joo’s hidden past will be revealed. As they grow closer to each other, many things will change for them.”

The upcoming episode of “Tale of Nok-Du” will air on October 8 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357655wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-bicker-and-bond-in-tale-of-nok-du

@gilaswan After watching the episode 3, it becomes clear that

1. the minister Heo Yeon is in reality the big villain of the show

2. HY is a supporter of the prince YC, the half-brother of the King Gwanghae. Why? because the prince is so young hence the minister can rule in his place.

3. Nokdu is actually the crown prince who was supposed to have died.

4. the minister Heo Yeon must be the one who blamed Jung Yoon Jeo for the kidnapping of Nokdu and his death.

5. Heo Yeon has been using the female assassins in order to get rid of his opponents. He has definitely manipulated them into thinking that he is helping them to achieve justice.

6. Heo Yeon must be the one behind the death of DJ's family by telling the king that the revolt/civil war had been planned by her family. 

I also think that the bad reputation of the king is definitely linked to Heo Yeon's advises. Notice how Nokdu was able to change the king's mind after the incident with the stone. The man is not a bad person per se, just due to the war, the supposed betrayal of his friend and his son's death, he has become very suspicious of everyone.

The question is now: who caught the female assassin? I have the impression that this person could be linked to the king. 

Hi, I just come back here after a long time staying away from kdrama. Now my fan-girl mood is activated again... at here LOL.  I mean it's been a while for me to see an interesting plot and amazing chemistry like this. 

I read the conspiracy (my favorite part),  but as I know, king Gwanghae wasnt really a villain. Wikipedia says he was great, actually. Daekun YeongChang (the boy in the palace at night) was his step-brother who was a serious threat to the throne, but in real life, he was killed then by another party while the king and his consort were exiled to jeju island.

Well no one want that ending for our protagonist, right?

Does anyone think that the king's child can be a girl? (Why not? There're so many princes in kdrama, why not a princess now?) Till now, it's the only reason why the king had to kill his child, or switch the babies.. or whatever. Perhaps the king just used the baby to distract Heoyoon for his own sake.  And if so, well, it's probably Dong Joo. See, the 2nd male lead (I forgot his name) made those okchundang for her, and she was served the seaweed soup in the morning, same day with Nokdu's birthday. And there must be some reason her (maybe adopted) family was massacred.

Of course, this's just my theory. it's still confusing anw. Bcs Jung JunHo said in the interview that Jand Dong yoon looks like him in young age so audience can expect a twisted relationship between them (or something like that).

:D

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gilaswan

The question is now: who caught the female assassin? I have the impression that this person could be linked to the king. 

How about Cha Yul Mu assistant? I don't think he's just a pusher... He's quiet professional with his sword too.. And with the same candy too.. Is that possible that he brought the same candy from the Queen to Cha Yul Mu? And Nokdu cutely eating it :lol:

46 minutes ago, valNK said:

Does anyone think that the king's child can be a girl? (Why not? There're so many princes in kdrama, why not a princess now?) Till now, it's the only reason why the king had to kill his child, or switch the babies.. or whatever. Perhaps the king just used the baby to distract Heoyoon for his own sake.  And if so, well, it's probably Dong Joo. See, the 2nd male lead (I forgot his name) made those okchundang for her, and she was served the seaweed soup in the morning, same day with Nokdu's birthday. And there must be some reason her (maybe adopted) family was massacred.

Welcome to the crossdressing couple party lol @valNK

Interesting theory and it would be so cool if they went that route but it can’t be the case since the Queen said that she misses her “son” that died unless she was fooled during childbirth hahaha 

Most likely the evil minister took down dj’s family because they were probably a noble family that stood in his way. 

@gilaswan After watching the episode 3, it becomes clear that

1. the minister Heo Yeon is in reality the big villain of the show

A villain, of course, like they used to be almost all ministers, but... a big one? He spared Jung Yoon Yeo and the baby's lifes.

2. Nokdu is actually the crown prince who was supposed to have died.

(Hehe... you've repeated number 2... let's call it 2-bis)

That's something still in question. Me and some other people are betting on his "brother".

34 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

A villain, of course, like they used to be almost all ministers, but... a big one? He spared Jung Yoon Yeo and the baby's lifes.

(Hehe... you've repeated number 2... let's call it 2-bis)

That's something still in question. Me and some other people are betting on his "brother".

You mean, Nokdu could be the son from prince Imhae, Gwanghae's older brother. Yes, that's another possibility.

Started watching this the other week and am loving it. I think the story and pacing is really good. The cast is great. Our two main leads have really good chemistry with each other too. The fan dance scene is really beautiful. I am fangirling and shipping them hard - haven't shipped a couple in a while like this :D Jang dong yoon has really expressive eyes. 

Oh I got goosebumps from that seaweed soup tiny detail. I haven’t watched the subbed ver yet but it’s really good observation. What if Dong Joo and Nokdu were swapped at birth?

btw I don’t find the King scary at all, he might be obsessed with power but the real antagonist of the show must be Heo Yoon. 

And I’d like to know more about Cha Yul mu, they won’t waste his character like that right?

Mung bean couple greeting for Naver Webtoon. They are too cute ≧◡≦

English translation of the lyrics of the new OST ("Shine on You" by Younha). Translation by: https://twitter.com/wowhellosohyun/status/1181544715973316609

EGWwpV4UcAAT7bb.jpg

35 mins more to episodes 7 and 8. I'm so stoked for the continuation of "I am your mother....". Dong Dong Ju experiences her Luke-Skywalker moment LOL.

omg i love the ending of ep 3! it went from very serious tone, to suddenly this funny casual mode, with ND claiming he will be DJ's mum! Actually the palace scenes dont bother too much yet, because its hard to get a full picture so far. There seems to be a number of players there as well, so i'm waiting for that aha! moment when everything falls together. I'm excited for today's ep when we realy get the full on living together hijinks!

After months of lurking in this thread I finally decided to come out of the shadows and participate in the discussion hahaha hello helloooo!:D

4 hours ago, valNK said:

Oooooohhh interesting theory!! I like this take. I have no qualms about Nokdu becoming the crown prince if the drama really went to that direction but I must admit that it's pretty overused, so if Dongjoo did turn out to be the royal princess then it's a refreshing take on this trope. We must remember that Nokdu wanted to be a general, and if Dongjoo really did turn out to be the crown princess, then how cool is that - the crown princess and her general! Now I'm really hoping for this to happen!

Archived