[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

I think it’s the first time in the history of k-dramas where a leading lady’s standing by and looking at her two leading men kissing each other :joy: I don’t know, JDY actually looks like he’s enjoying it. Well, he’s certainly not shy. 

02329-B92-DEF3-4-A35-A6-B0-02-CF40352-D1

YDJ didn’t have any passionate kissing scenes as far as I know. He either played a second lead (still bitter about it) or played a high-schooler so his onscreen kisses were more like pecks. This is actually just his second drama where he’s a leading man. But he’s been gaining attention and praises since his first appearance in Solomon’s Perjury.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm..y'all talking about kiss scenes, huh :lol:.. I'm surprised KBS allowed the kiss between JDY and KTO, since only cable channels doesn't restrict this much and have lots of passionate and hot kisses. Or is Korea slowly accepting this now? 

Lol... the making is indeed funny. If I was there, idk if I'll be able to handle the two making out in front of me.... HAHA... but why they didn't release also the kissing scene between JDY and KSH, sometimes even a BTS kiss is better than the one actually shown^^. I wanna see a shirtless JDY in the making...lol... I guess since we only have one ep this week, we only get one BTS too. Well, hope they release another one.

The director is really good in Fight for My Way in terms of kiss scenes. We did get an intense one here but between the two guys... haha.. So I think it always depends on what kind of story maybe, but since this is fusion sageuk, I'll be contented with a satisfying kiss. I always consider the feeling I get from a kiss, not only just on how hot/passionate it looks, but if the kiss is meaningful for that certain scene. And although we only got a soft kiss between ND and DJ, I still feel giddy watching it, perhaps because of the confession of ND leading to him swooping in for a kiss. BUT still, I wanna see a passionate one too :joy:. I wanna see how JDY kisses...lmao...

Why are y'all talking about So Hyun and Seung Ho's kiss scene, my ShyShy couple heart is beating fast akdjdjdj:wub: (yes I ship a lot of people with Sso:joy:)

But anyways, I understand So Hyun's reactions/performance in kiss scenes because she doesn't have real-life experience when it comes to dating, so she probably didn't have any experience with kissing ~passionately~ too. Dong Yoon-ah, we're counting on you to lead her well, alright? As long as we got another kiss scene between them I'm happy lol

AND KANG TAE OH-NIM!! You probably won't get to kiss So Hyun so if you want to have another kiss aside from the one with Nokdu, I volunteer HAHAHA

UnequaledWellmadeAsp-size_restricted.gif

I agree that Ruler has the most beautiful kiss scene in saeguk drama, when female lead saved male lead from the water. It was not just the kiss itself, but the camera angle, lighting and position between two actors. And the most important is, like @lightbringer06 said, it's the situation when the kiss happen.

That's why I was so excited for the kiss in confession scene between ND and DJ. It was needed when her mind said no, but her body said ok. :rolleyes: 

I'm watching drama for entertain and dont hope for an excellent plot. But as audience, I hope for something worth. KSH's Ruler had the worst plot I've ever seen, they couldnt balance the romance and political game and they weakened the female lead, made her totally useless. That's traumatic, since I'm KSH fan. Moonlight shared the same problem. As I know, Moonlight writers also in this TTON. And I'm still afraid it can happen again here. (especially when DJ also aims to kill the king) Actually, I think DJ was quite passive in the recent episode compared to her dynamic characteristic before. For ex, her drunken habit was out of highlight due to the boy-boy kiss (I'm not annoyed with boy-boy thing but in this scene, I see no need, it's just for shocking)  

Abt our OTP,  I guess there'll be a kiss next ep when DJ gets angry and hit ND with the dipper. It's gonna be a long and hard time for ND courting DJ :phew:

PS: Does anyone notice ND put his bag between him and Yulmu?:joy:

viewimage.php?id=23b2db22f0d83da960&no=2

20 minutes ago, cinnamonsterxx said:

AND KANG TAE OH-NIM!! You probably won't get to kiss So Hyun so if you want to have another kiss aside from the one with Nokdu, I volunteer HAHAHA

Ohlala..... Hmmmmm

bxY7OcU.gif

Why is it getting hot in here, the real scene isn't here yet :sweatingbullets:

VhINX0B.gif

Are we really calling that a kiss? Wasn't it just a peck? She pulled back so fast I don't think it was meant to be either romantic or swoony. The whole thing was just a set up so kang tae oh could walk in on a half naked jang dong yoon. Not that I mind. Any reason for a shirtless jang dong yoon is a good plot. I've only seen kim so hyun kiss in love alarm and that was pretty good for a kdrama kiss. I don't think the type of kissing depends on the actor since they only do what the director wants them to do. Lee min ho is a pretty hot kisser but his kiss scenes in heirs were horrible but then again it was a drama set in high school so context. I have expectations for a hot kiss from this drama with all the nakedness they've been blessing us with. 

5 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Radio was really romantic drama with sweet kisses, but its  not passion... hot kiss was in Clean with Passion that is what I call hot kiss  and I think two actresses is the same age right? So hope here So Hyun  shows the same... 

in ruler it looks like So Hyun is about to get eaten alive haha 

Another angle of the epic I-would-rather-free-fall-into-the-pond-than-grab-your-hand scene (from IG of KTO's manager, I think):

How does Dong Joo resist this:

img.gif

Credit: https://twitter.com/FinnPic

Maybe KSH is having such a ball of a time laughing at Nokdu-Yulmu couple because it's not her turn yet. She'll probably get all flustered when it's her turn to film the kiss scene :lol: We need the BTS of the ending kiss scene, but think we might only get that next week (otherwise there may be spoilers for the follow-up scene). Thinking about it again, how come Yulmu can waltz into the Widow's Village so easily? By right the entrance should be guarded by everyone's favourite Virtuous Women Corps trio. I wonder if it'll be better if Hwa Su (Dong Joo's best friend in the Gisaeng House) walked in on them instead (in the webtoon, Hwa Su gets in on the secret quite early on). Since Yulmu is a newly-created character, I wonder what they have in store for him. Arrghh....why can't Monday come sooner!

2 hours ago, valNK said:

And the most important is, like @lightbringer06 said, it's the situation when the kiss happen.

That's why I was so excited for the kiss in confession scene between ND and DJ. It was needed when her mind said no, but her body said ok. :rolleyes: 

Moonlight shared the same problem. As I know, Moonlight writers also in this TTON. And I'm still afraid it can happen again here. (especially when DJ also aims to kill the king).

Abt our OTP,  I guess there'll be a kiss next ep when DJ gets angry and hit ND with the dipper. It's gonna be a long and hard time for ND courting DJ :phew:

I'm glad we share the same perspective :). Idk about others, but that's how I see it :)

About Moonlight, I did enjoy that one. But I agree it got quite heavy in the second half with all the political stuff going on and the stupid reason of the OTP splitting up and some unnecessary plots. But overall, I liked it. Koreans seems to like heavy dramas, I guess, because the ratings of Moonlight spiked during the 2nd half, while most of us international audience enjor rather the light and fun ones. Still quite positive though that even though they added some tweaks here and there in this drama TTON, that the light/fun aspect of it stays and remains true to the original material.

The scene before DJ hits ND with the dipper as I posted from the previous pages is this...

20191016-184753.gif She probably got flustered again and in denial of her feelings so she resorted to violence... HAHA... and thus...

20191016-184854.gif But I like your idea of another kiss.. hehe... since I know we all wanted that uninterrupted kiss :joy:.

On the other hand, I really admire JDY's professionalism during the kiss scene BTS, also KTO. They talk about it like nothing^^. Prior to JDY's debut as an actor, he said he never imagined being an actor. But he was meant to be one. So I am so happy for him to finally land a leading role in this. He really is a fun person in real life. And I suddenly remember KSH and JDY's photoshoot for this drama where they were shooting a swing scene, and a staff said, "you look like you're about to kiss". And not sure if JDY said "should we" or something along that line, teasing KSH :)

ctto

15 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Another angle of the epic I-would-rather-free-fall-into-the-pond-than-grab-your-hand scene (from IG of KTO's manager, I think):

How does Dong Joo resist this:

Credit: https://twitter.com/FinnPic

Maybe KSH is having such a ball of a time laughing at Nokdu-Yulmu couple because it's not her turn yet. She'll probably get all flustered when it's her turn to film the kiss scene :lol: We need the BTS of the ending kiss scene, but think we might only get that next week (otherwise there may be spoilers for the follow-up scene). Thinking about it again, how come Yulmu can waltz into the Widow's Village so easily? By right the entrance should be guarded by everyone's favourite Virtuous Women Corps trio. I wonder if it'll be better if Hwa Su (Dong Joo's best friend in the Gisaeng House) walked in on them instead (in the webtoon, Hwa Su gets in on the secret quite early on). Since Yulmu is a newly-created character, I wonder what they have in store for him. Arrghh....why can't Monday come sooner!

They're at the gisaeng house not the widow village from what I can tell. He waltzed in during the kiss scene because I assume he found out she wasn't a she and living with the love of his life. The scene where he falls into the water is epic. I want every making film they have for that scene. It'll never not be funny.

20 minutes ago, elan1 said:

in ruler it looks like So Hyun is about to get eaten alive haha 

I've not seen this drama but he looks like he's gonna break her neck. Not the hot kiss I would aim for. Give me something like oh hae young or bride of the water god hot kiss. 

When the Camellia Blooms supporting TTON :joy:...

I still don't know what to make of Yulmu. He is such a mystery. He's even powerful than that father-in-law that was arrested, even though the real Lady Kim said to him that some people in the government is in cahoots with the father-in-law, yet he managed to get him arrested. And he looks kinda scary to me in the preview for eps 11-12 when he barged into DJ's room and it was all dark. He knows he couldn't just leisurely walk into the village as a man, but why the heck was  he there? And during nighttime even.

35 minutes ago, petunia said:

They're at the gisaeng house not the widow village from what I can tell. He waltzed in during the kiss scene because I assume he found out she wasn't a she and living with the love of his life. The scene where he falls into the water is epic. I want every making film they have for that scene. It'll never not be funny.

I thought they were in their ownroom/house (because NokDu went to wash up). I think everyone is away at the mountains for the Dano festival which is why NokDu dared to walk back to his room half naked.

But yes I'm hoping they release another bts for the falling into the pond scene! 

This KBS interview was so funny.

Even the men screamed when Nokdo walked into the men's bathroom wearing hanbok.:joy:

And JDY actually likes getting attention. He did get alot of our attention during the BTS of the kiss scene.

Look at KTO's aegyo, he looks so flustered doing it.

12 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

I thought they were in their ownroom/house (because NokDu went to wash up). I think everyone is away at the mountains for the Dano festival which is why NokDu dared to walk back to his room half naked.

But yes I'm hoping they release another bts for the falling into the pond scene! 

Oh yes I forgot about the Dan-O festival and for sure our fave trio will be off duty. If Yulmu can actually saunter into the Widow's Village when he wants to (as hinted in the teaser, not confirmed that he did) is perhaps a sign of his very powerful background that we haven't uncovered yet. How close is his family to the King or top ministers, I wonder.

Hwang Tae gets a lot more screen time in the webtoon, so I'm wondering if we'll get to see more of Hwang Tae in the upcoming episodes. At the moment, he feels like a much smaller supporting character. Hope they make full use of his character in the drama.

They are starting to look like twins LOL. Hope the full version of the radio show gets subbed!

Archived