Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

9 hours ago, libra22 said:

Next ep preview!

Translation of the preview

ND: Are you going some place far away?

Woman 1: There is going to be a big feast in celebration.

Woman 2: We thought we coulf go have fun and make some trouble.

Madam: Haven’t you thought whether your work is going to cause some fallout?

Madam: You need to hurry, every hour counts! If you find them, tell them they might be in danger.

Head Assasin: Widow Kim?

ND: Madam sent me.

ND Father: What are you planning? It’s been a long time (since we’ve seen each other). 

DJ: I think I can leave now.

ND: Don’t go. I said don’t go!

DJ: I said not to neddle, didn’t I?

ND: I’m going to continue to meddle, so...don’t go.

@triplem, or any other moderator, Would you mind taking the insta preview from within the quote and putting it outside the quote? I’m having some difficulties.

I haven’t watched the episode yet because I’m traveling, but saw the clips of the kiss.:wub: Not to mention the topless ND. :wub::wub: ND is totally enamored with DJ, and I don’t thnk DJ was unaffected. Wondered what YM is going to do, if he knows that Widow Kim is actually a man. Can’t wait to watch properly and to see the next episode. 

In the preview, I do rather enjoy watching ND fight. :) 

Edited by triplem
Edited as requested
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

I am enjoying this drama this far! 

Can someone post/DM me the link to the webtoon online please? I am going to read it while waiting for next weeks episode!

• Like 7

Absolutely loved this episode, and so sad (still) that there was only one this week to watch! It was a laugh a minute, yet with enough of the weightier issues that's keeping me hooked onto the larger story — what’s the significance of 19 Nov that had the king desiring to kill his son then? Some kind of ill-will fabricated lore that had the king afraid? But has the king now regretted his actions and would save Nokdu and adoptive father, or is he out to “finish the unfinished” deed?

And that last scene — OMO! HAWT!! With him casually walking into the room shirtless makes me think Dongjoo must’ve already seen him like this many times over to not flinch and avert her eyes at all. I wonder though — where exactly is the bath positioned in the compound that he would so casually return to the room shirtless? He’s so sure everyone has left for the Dano festivities? I don’t think they had en suite baths then, did they? And those walls can’t possibly be sound proof!

• Like 13

This is the comment from Drama Milk

You can read her live recaps for episode 9-10 here

COMMENTS

This show is probably my favorite on TV right now. I love how it always keeps me guessing and manages to have fresh moments of excitement where it continues to keep the momentum of the show chugging forward. The story never drags, it is always interesting to watch but it isn’t an overwhelming watch, they know where to put their resting scenes interspersed with fast paced scenes. I love it so much.

On top of that, I love how Dongju knows that Nokdu likes her! Usually the heroine is so clueless to the point of driving me insane with how stupid she is. But in this case she knows he likes her but does not want him to say it because it could complicate things with their relationship and with just moving forward because she would have to admit that she likes or lie and say that she doesn’t so it would be awkward either way and then where would they go from there? It is a scary proposition just because love is a scary thing. *sigh* Swoon, just swoon.

• Like 13

5p7rjqjvciea.gif

they actually did it . :tounge_wink:

kx6e9d455itq.gif

+++++

Nokdu's fickeless knows no bounds. No wonder Cha Yool-mu feels cheated.:lol:

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • LOL 14

Omg :weary: I've stopped since page 34, i've alot of catch up to do. 

I love this episodes too. By far the best reaction given by Yoolmu :tounge_wink:

tx2Tdqv.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

I just realize, 
Kissing scene between ND and YM is moreeeee passionately than ND DJ kiss scene, ahahhaha

I dont think YM will be jealous. ahahhaha, and i like YM lifeless expression when: 1. horse scene 2. after pond scene when ND say, okay i dont like you anymore. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Another hilarious yet sweet episode! I feel Nok Du gets more and more lovable each episode. I like how he didn't beat around the bush in telling Dong Ju that he likes her. I appreciate a guy who's open and honest with his feelings. I also liked that he didn't allow Dong Ju to run and hide from her feelings neither. But then, how was she supposed to resist him in the first place when he came to her that way. Haha. I'm glad she didn't hesitate when he went in for the almost second kiss. I'm not a big fan of push and pull so hopefully, these two cuties will romantically progress :wub:

Based on the preview, it looks like Lady Nok Du will have another fight scene saving the widows in the next episode. Should be awesome!

• Like 13

7 hours ago, elan1 said:

Wow ratings went down again :/ what is this craziness. I’m so upset. I’m not even going to blame the baseball game but the knetizens for letting down a good show with a great crew. 

ep 9: 5%

ep 10: 6.6%

What is happening with the ratings? They get worse every episode. By the time V.I.P comes it'll be 2%-3%. Why won't locals watch the drama I just don't understand.

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

He need the Holy water to forget lady Kim kiss  :mrgreen:

This was the most priceless scene from the episode. I laughed so hard my stomach was hurting.

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Idk how Dong Joo can stay calm with a shirtless Nok Doo so close with her LoL! The lil girl's too adorable but now Dong Joo's fiance know Nok Doo's a guy~

The amount of skinship they've had in just 5 episodes and those topless scenes. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Ooh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

I'm confused abt Nov 19th. The king's child was said dying after birth, so it must be Nov 19th. But Nokdu birthday is not long before Danoh festival (May 5th) And the Queen also memorized her child's death on that day with okchundang. The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

Anyway,  I love the confession scene. What he said and his topless thing... all are true to the naive but clever Nokdu. He really cares abt what Dongju says. And she once pointed out how it was impossible for her to like him, he just followed that (again) and hit right to the point: "Look, I'm a man, I like nobody but you!"

(but holy hell, how can he wander around the compound with those abs?)

EG9kEmoUUAAKrXs?format=jpg&name=medium

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career or I'm kind of too old for rom-com like this(?) I think that the storytelling here is kind of clumsy, they push to climax and unravel the knot unbelievably simple. I dont know how kissing Yulmu can solve the risk of Aeung Du and drunken Dongju. Why they really need that big mouth kid stick around Nokdu instead of her father? It's not a smart move compared to what we see from the beginning. And the misunderstanding jealousy was overused but love tension is not just around jealousy. They skipped the awkwardness around the palanquin scene too fast and superficially, it should have been a turning-point which awakes their sexual tension toward each other. Think abt it, you see a girl among hundred women, and a boy disguising as a woman, what make they different? Did I expect too much or the writers have to make thing clearly innocent like this?

I'm just saying my pov, I still love the show :) 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

16 minutes ago, petunia said:

The amount of skinship they've had in just 5 episodes and those topless scenes. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Ooh.

isn’t it? 
I just watched the subbed ep and I wonder why DJ was so nonchalant when that half naked guy walked in all damp. 
That is how my face would be if my brother walked about in the house like that but definitely not someone I take a fancy to. Her face didn’t even change. Some incredible self-control there..:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Soon, a  big BL (boys love) in KDRAMA.  See more and more guys kissing in a drama,  I think that little by little the door is opening

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 6

12 minutes ago, rocat said:

isn’t it? 
I just watched the subbed ep and I wonder why DJ was so nonchalant when that half naked guy walked in all damp. 
That is how my face would be if my brother walked about in the house like that but definitely not someone I take a fancy to. Her face didn’t even change. Some incredible self-control there..:lol:

I don't know how kim sohyun has been keeping a straight face with all the nakedness of jang dongyoon I would be beetroot red. That is some professionalism. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

38 minutes ago, rocat said:

isn’t it? 

25 minutes ago, petunia said:

I don't know how kim sohyun has been keeping a straight face with all the nakedness of jang dongyoon I would be beetroot red. That is some professionalism. 

I hope we’ll get to see BTS of that kiss to see So Hyun reacting :lol: I bet she wasn’t that nonchalant like her character. 

OR it could be that Dong Joo already touched his “ehm” and if you already touch THAT you don’t get embarrassed by a little nakedness B)

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

42 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Soon, a  big BL (boys love) in KDRAMA.  See more and more guys kissing in a drama,  I think that little by little the door is opening

And more recent drama have gay chacracter/relationship (Moment at 18, Be Melodramatic, Secret Bountique...)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, aisling said:

I hope we’ll get to see BTS of that kiss to see So Hyun reacting :lol: I bet she wasn’t that nonchalant like her character. 

OR it could be that Dong Joo already touched his “ehm” and if you already touch THAT you don’t get embarrassed by a little nakedness B)

Ooh. With all that touching and feeling who has the time to be shy? They're raising my expectations for a deep kiss.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, valNK said:

The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

Welcome to the #teamNokduIsNotThePrince :D

1 hour ago, valNK said:

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career (...)

It's not only you. I'm not a huge k-drama addicted (got no free time, just watching Kim So-hyun works), but at this time I've given up about all the little (or big) script holes. I just enjoy them and move on. Like a computers blogger said long time ago, "you want literature, read James Joyce".

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

It’s understandable she finished whole village meats  :tounge_xd: she heart broken, maybe eyeing her next fiancé to replace the ex oppa / unnie :joy:

literally, this girl can eat the whole village the way she's eating now 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, valNK said:

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career or I'm kind of too old for rom-com like this(?) I think that the storytelling here is kind of clumsy, they push to climax and unravel the knot unbelievably simple. I dont know how kissing Yulmu can solve the risk of Aeung Du and drunken Dongju. Why they really need that big mouth kid stick around Nokdu instead of her father? It's not a smart move compared to what we see from the beginning. And the misunderstanding jealousy was overused but love tension is not just around jealousy. They skipped the awkwardness around the palanquin scene too fast and superficially, it should have been a turning-point which awakes their sexual tension toward each other. Think abt it, you see a girl among hundred women, and a boy disguising as a woman, what make they different? Did I expect too much or the writers have to make thing clearly innocent like this?

I'm just saying my pov, I still love the show :) 

It's definitely not award winning writing, but if it were written and filmed in a manner that plugged all gaps, it would probably last more than 16 episodes, and poor korean actors and production crews wouldn't be working in such squalid conditions (which is something probably for another post on another thread). I'm alright with such gaps in logic because (1) they're not massive and do not disrupt the story development and (2) these are bit of comedy that need to be inserted to keep the tension high with pockets of release.

Yes, that kiss with Yulmu didn't make much sense, but it created enough shock and confusion to throw everyone off before either Dongjoo or Aengdu could say or do more in front of too many people before the time was right. 

And yes, Aengdu should not have stayed with Nokdu, but given the circumstances and how she is a girl, it would make better sense for her to stay with Nokdu and potentially have Dongjoo babysit her, than for her to disrupt her father's plan to help Nokdu with more snooping. The only problem is Aengdu is anything but adorable and she's really starting to get on my nerves. I'll give the little actress due credit for that. I'm sure she's meant to be that obnoxious brat that she is.

As regards the sexual tension that is hoped to have been achieved in the palanquin -- I do think it was already achieved in the cut in the preceding episode, which is what led to the kiss in this most recent episode. Realistically, in that situation, they probably didn't have enough time to be fiddling with each other in that tiny space beyond hurriedly exchanging clothes.

1 hour ago, valNK said:

I'm confused abt Nov 19th. The king's child was said dying after birth, so it must be Nov 19th. But Nokdu birthday is not long before Danoh festival (May 5th) And the Queen also memorized her child's death on that day with okchundang. The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

As regards this, Jung Yoonjeo might well have lied to Nokdu about his birthdate since 19 Nov was clearly a date not to be associated with. I'm more curious as to why the king felt compelled to kill his son and why he said if only he had not been born on 19 Nov. What's with this date?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

"Love is like a cough. You cannot hold it back."

I swear, I was literally laughing my richard simmons off in this episode.... haha...From this...

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-5.gif 

..to jealous and sly drama queen Nokdu...

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-6.gif

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-7.gif 

... to being a cutie Nokdu^^...

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-8.gif

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-9.gif 

Even the love triangle is so complicatedly funny, or should I say quadrangle? :)... or even pentagon if you add Aengdu...lol...

So we are being revealed to slowly in regards to the King's baby. I still cannot say at this point if it was really Nokdu. And I just don't get what does being born in the 19th of November even mean and how is it an unfortunate date for the King to go to the extent of wanting to kill his own flesh and blood. I'm not sure how they're gonna reveal the birth secret since they are just giving us bits and pieces of it every episode, which I personally like, that the focus remains on our main leads and the palace thingy is just a sideline story at least for now.

But if there's one thing I really like about the episode, it's the confession scene ♡♡♡. I love how both ND and DJ are aware of their feelings for each other that they didn't actually drag it out or either one being oblivious about it. They're both very straightforward, well, mostly in ND's part since he confessed first. I think ND is much more innocent when it comes to love compared to DJ, contradictory to what he's saying he's loved many times which is obviously a lie. But I love how he figured out his own feelings by himself when he realized and said...

20191016-142913.gif 

And I know DJ is holding back a little. But when ND told her how he can read her and knows about her true feelings and kissed her, she didn't push him away. And I know I was jokingly saying in my previous post how ND's kiss to YM is more intense than to DJ.. haha.. but it was a forced one so it looks that way. So that brief and soft kiss he gave DJ is just a confirmation of both their feelings before cupping her face and going for a deep kiss.... and DJ closed her eyes... if only it wasn't interrupted :joy:

"He might be looking at you, but you are not. You are looking at me."

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-4.gif 

And may I just say Aengdu is such a scene stealer... haha... the child actress is doing such a fine job^^.. even her lines are on point. 

Spoiler

Tale-of-Nokdu-09-10-1.gif20191016-155727.gif 

• Like 14
  • Love 1