Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sky8lue said:

Aeng Du-ah, thanks to you, your Oraboni got outed at the most un-opportune moment of his life!

 

Think Aeng Du is here to stay for a while longer, because it's too unsafe to return to their village on the island now (remember Nokdu's father and brother got ambushed and are now on the run). And, we haven't seen this family-boating in the picturesque lake scene yet:

 

Remember the scene in the teaser where Dong Joo violently tries to cover Yulmu's mouth to prevent him from spilling the beans (oops....mung bean pun intended hahaha). Based on the teasers, we can tell Nokdu gets to keep the secret for now. I hope Yulmu doesn't end up being some antagonist who is the big bad boss behind the scenes. Since Dong Joo was betrothed to Yulmu in her childhood, she should have some basic idea of his family origins (as least what his family was in the past). Nothing too sinister has been hinted so far, so I doubt that there will be some crazy twist in the making.

 

Rather than having Yulmu tell Nokdu about Dong Joo's past, I hope Dong Joo will open up and share her story with Nokdu herself. And Nokdu too should tell Dong Joo the truth about why he's disguising himself as a widow in the Widow's Village. My wish: Let's keep the angst to episode 11 only and move on to greater things in episode 12! One more day to a new episode. Where is the fast forward button to take us to 10pm KST?

But i think Nokdu aengdu and aengdu's dad don't know about the new attack yet.. so maybe they'll find out when they return the kid to where she belongs.. 

 

I also hope they tell each other about their plans, but it seems difficult. Dongju is running away from her feelings(literally) and Nokdu does not seem ready to share his plans with anybody. He didn't even tell Dongju what he has been up to until now so i think it will take at least 3 episodes before he will spill the beans, mungbeans that is:smirk:.. (i'm following your lead)

Edit: I really love the new OST, gummy always delivers quality music

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- THANK YOU FOR WATCHING -                                                                                    @0ly40 @50okie @aineofcebu @aisling @akausagi @alekaonu @Ameera Al

My ship is officially sailing!      The Submissive Lover ...            Lady Kim's powerful punch!       But DJ

@Sky8lue @lightbringer06 their wedding conquer the wind , like their  love conquer everything between them           

4 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I Prefer This Kind Of Scenario Possibility Than DongJu Making NokDu Cry And Hurting His Feelings.

 

Oh I agree with this! Should have thought of that - but it seems a lot more fitting and in line that he gets hit a few more times :P we know there's still one more whacking scene to come when they go to wash plates. at least DJ is somewhat consistent! 

 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

I also hope they tell each other about their plans, but it seems difficult. Dongju is running away from her feelings(literally) and Nokdu does not seem ready to share his plans with anybody. He didn't even tell Dongju what he has been up to until now so i think it will take at least 3 episodes before he will spill the beans, mungbeans that is:smirk:.. (i'm following your lead)

 

It looks for certain that their individual missions will lead them both to the palace, so as long as ND doesnt do the whole 'it is too dangerous for you to enter the palace' bit, then I'm happy. I'm on team he-is-not-the-prince but who knows what will happen. I think DJ got to know Hwang Tae as well in the webtoon, so I'm wondering when ND's family will cross paths with him again - before or after he runs into the palace?

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soesje said:

But i think Nokdu aengdu and aengdu's dad don't know about the new attack yet.. so maybe they'll find out when they return the kid to where she belongs.. 

 

I also hope they tell each other about their plans, but it seems difficult. Dongju is running away from her feelings(literally) and Nokdu does not seem ready to share his plans with anybody. He didn't even tell Dongju what he has been up to until now so i think it will take at least 3 episodes before he will spill the beans, mungbeans that is:smirk:.. (i'm following your lead)

Edit: I really love the new OST, gummy always delivers quality music

In the age before mobile phones the first telephone, news travels slowly but hopefully Nokdu can reunite with his (adopted) father and brother very soon. Aeng Du's father doesn't look like some ordinary villager who happens to know martial arts too (just look at the martial arts prowess of his student, Nokdu).

 

HD photos of the new stills from http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/268369:

 

t6i9Mj0UObHX637071756490840379.jpg

Spoiler

v3RzYlYbvf5R637071756559902868.jpg

UjHL4fpWqArS637071756627559115.jpg

EKXEGdnjQFrW637071756759444213.jpgvNEBWi4YRKWX637071756817891988.jpg

 

 

Since everyone is postulating about whether Nokdu is "crying" in the scene below. Here's my guess:

Spoiler

If you zoom in on Nokdu's hand, he's holding onto the hanbok's [pink ribbon (used to fasten the top). Which is an awkward thing to do if he's actually wiping away tears. My guess is he's trying to shield his face for some reason. So he's not crying but reacting to some situation. Nokdu's a sensitive new age guy (or mother), but tearing up because Dong Joo didn't accept his confession seems out of character.

 

1uxtpNUM4hjZ637071756694902860.jpg

 

More impressive fanart:

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Insightful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aisling said:

Me imagining that bed scene you guys have been talking about

 

 

 Bring it on! 

Don't imagine they have to give us the scene. What drama is this gif from? I might be inclined to watch. 

 

2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Oh yeah new OST!

 

 

You can always trust gummy for a great ost. Its already on melon top 100.

 

  • Like 8
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yup I agree with @Sky8lue I don't think he's crying over DongJu.. the way he wipe his face? eyes? with his cloth is so unmanly.. is he still playing his Omoni's role? 

 

 

And instead of she leaked Nokdu's secret.. I think she's trying to flirt with Nokdu but Nokdu was too afraid Drunken Dongju would blow up his cover.. HAHAHAHA

  • Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Webtoon author is on a roll today!

Update: apparently this is drawn by the webtoon author's husband! Mentioned in her caption to the IG posts. No wonder the drawing style seems different. But he's really good too!

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm catching up on the episodes right now and I'm barely active in this thread because so many drama watching right now. But... BUT... like: OH DEAR LORD!

15715684342.gif

1571568434.gif++

Credit: DC Gall

 

Me:

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, petunia said:

Don't imagine they have to give us the scene. What drama is this gif from? I might be inclined to watch. 

 


The GIF is from a drama called A Poem A Day (or You Who Forgot Poetry). It actually has a really endearing female lead and I liked the first half immensely but they pretty screwed up the second half.

 

Spoiler

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 
 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

 

  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aisling said:

 

 

 

  Hide contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 
 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

 

Spoiler

I love JDY's character in that drama... and once his character changed inconsistently I dropped the drama..  LOL

 

But for me, I'm glad he's taking Nokdu's role.. JDY is so beautiful

 

 Monday is coming!!! please no sport overtime!! 

 

 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, aisling said:

 

  Hide contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 
 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

 

 

I never actually watched any JDY dramas except bits and pieces of School 2017, but when I know he's a 2nd lead there, didn't manage to finish it. And I've been reading lots of comments about his performance in A Poem A Day and his acting prowess. And now, I got to see it here in this drama. I know he was also in Mr. Sunshine.

 

32 minutes ago, aoikarin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I love JDY's character in that drama... and once his character changed inconsistently I dropped the drama..  LOL

 

But for me, I'm glad he's taking Nokdu's role.. JDY is so beautiful

 

Totally agree~ can't imagine anyone who can pull of Nokdu :D. He's now already on my actors list^^. I looked up some info about him and so glad he already served in the army so no 2 years waiting for him.. ha ha...

 

 

And speaking of those still cuts too, I agree to most of you, I've been burned by the previous still cuts they released last week, you know, that palanquin scene, and I didn't expect the ending of that episode!... HAHA... so I don't think I can say much about it just by looking at the pics coz it can be deceiving at times.

 

 I saw some comments on Twitter that there's a sports game again on Tuesday, but KBS better not delay my TTON again... or else...^---^

 

Oh yeah!!! It's Monday now my time here..

aace8e3f59b68bd1d4ec54cd1cd26896f43ad912 

 

CANNOT WAIT !  ! !

 

 

 

  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

 

 

I am coming out of my cave. This pretty -manly-i-dont-know-how-to-define-him lad is the culprit. How does being manly and beautiful pretty merged at the same time in one face. HOW can Nokdu insult us this way ?  :bawling:

The struggle, chingu, the STRUGGLE!

 

Me seeing Nokdu in female hanbok for the first time:

tenor.gif

 

But then unwrapping those abs... like:

DopeySafeGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

  • LOL 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@LyraYoo @Ameera Ali

That's just the struggle of my life... because then they gave us this, SO early in the drama. And I'm like "WHERE do you want to take this?" and "HOW are you going to resolve that whole cliffhanger?".

 

For me I was wondering first time I watch it :joy: where is this bathroom, I thought there home is only one room , so this widow village they must sleep so early, for  him to walk half naked like this  :joy: 

But love he kissed her maybe to answer her back , when she told him who would like someone dress like woman , the joke on her now :joy: she kind responded to his kiss but how would she denied her feeling now  , run away maybe :(

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

@LyraYoo Hello friend, we meet again. It’s been quite a long time :) I’ve been on a k-drama hiatus for 10 months but thanks to Nokdu I can feel giddy again, it feels like coming home once again LOL. He’s just spectacular in this role, isn’t he? 

@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

 

jang-dongyoon-award-2015.png

 

https://www.kpopmap.com/actor-jang-dongyoon-past-heroism-intrigues-koreans/

 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aisling said:


@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

 

That is true. If you've watched their Entertainment Weekly interview, it was mentioned there. It's how he debuted^^. Although he didn't plan to become an actor, I think it was meant for him to be because just in 4 years, his acting range is really something :D. Here's that interview...

 

 

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aisling said:


The GIF is from a drama called A Poem A Day (or You Who Forgot Poetry). It actually has a really endearing female lead and I liked the first half immensely but they pretty screwed up the second half.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

The writer didn’t know who she wanted to get a girl, so she waited to see audience’s reaction. It turned out people thought the other guy was more suitable for a female lead so in order to make that guy shine the writer turned Jang Dong Yoon’s character into a huge jerk. 
 

Obviously fans were pissed and there was this nasty shipping war. I think the writer really wronged JDY too. Thank goodness he’s a such talented actor who managed to land a leading role even after that fiasco.

 

Yikes. Then maybe I'll put it on hold. Nokdu is enough to satisfy me with jang dongyoon and kim sohyun going for all that skinship, bare bodied torsos, googly eyes, female assassins and potential bed scene. I won't forgive kbs if they cancel yet another episode this week on short notice.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, aisling said:


@lightbringer06 I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like JDY didn’t even plan to be an actor. He became popular because he helped to catch a thief in a store and was even awarded for it. The viewers were so stunned by his good looks and he decided to become an actor.

 

Makes perfect sense to me. Who else could possibly play nokdu.

  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...