Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- THANK YOU FOR WATCHING -                                                                                    @0ly40 @50okie @aineofcebu @aisling @akausagi @alekaonu @Ameera Al

My ship is officially sailing!      The Submissive Lover ...            Lady Kim's powerful punch!       But DJ

@Sky8lue @lightbringer06 their wedding conquer the wind , like their  love conquer everything between them           

In terms of comedy, YM wins in this episode. I laughed so hard at the running scene, they were full on running hahahahah and YM face when he refuses to hold on to ND is priceless. 

His face when ND was riding the horse with him instead of DJ :joy: I can't. He look so done with life LMAO

wish we could watch ep 11-12 coz look how adorable ND is, with his puppy eyes begging DJ to stay UWU:wub:

FuXdg6i.png

I "read" (understand a little bit but mostly just looking at the pictures and self interpreting the scenes LOL) but ND and DJ got together around ch 80 (out of 136 ch) and they even sleep together. the 18+ type of sleeping together. :flushed:

DIDNT EXPECT KISSING SCENE THO, BUT I'LL TAKE IT. HEHE

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
46 minutes ago, kshuuuuuw said:

I "read" (understand a little bit but mostly just looking at the pictures and self interpreting the scenes LOL) but ND and DJ got together around ch 80 (out of 136 ch) and they even sleep together. the 18+ type of sleeping together. :flushed:

DIDNT EXPECT KISSING SCENE THO, BUT I'LL TAKE IT. HEHE

do you mean this? 

Spoiler

54732359_371913003531751_254698101714691

Edited by Jillia
Please put spoiler in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

Hi guys, I’ve been watching the drama from the beginning but I was just a silent lurker until now. 

I can’t keep quiet anymore because I can’t stop laughing after watching episode 5. OMG. I was literally crying because I laughed so hard. I can’t believe they really went there. They really let the boys kiss. And that foot race? How spectacular was that scene?  :joy:

JDY is just killing it! Even though he obviously wouldn’t pass as a woman in real life, his acting as a woman is quite good, there’s this gentleness in him when he’s acting as Lady Kim. He’s always been an amazing actor but he’s giving his all for this drama. I found him extremely good looking the first time I watched him A Poem A Day but he’s just got more beautiful with each year. 

I found the last scene very sensual in a sense that Nok Du chose to come to Dong Joo bare-chested. He could’ve put on mens’ clothes but he chose to come to her in a very manly way. He was begging her to look at him as a man and I found it a little heartbreaking. I loved that he refused to be discouraged by her words and went to confront her even though he knew he could’ve been rejected again. Too bad the scene ended abruptly and it went from swoony to awkward very quickly.

But I had to admit those lines were pretty good. Wish I’d have his confidence LOL.

918-B944-E-ECC8-41-F5-99-E9-13-AEB114338

49-F9-EE43-F07-E-4-C2-B-B0-B1-833-D6-C0-

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2

Wow ratings went down again :/ what is this craziness. I’m so upset. I’m not even going to blame the baseball game but the knetizens for letting down a good show with a great crew. 

ep 9: 5%

ep 10: 6.6%

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Wow ratings went down again :/ what is this craziness. I’m so upset. I’m not even going to blame the baseball game but the knetizens for letting down a good show with a great crew. 

Send love to all crew :kiss_wink:

Truthfully, there is nothing we can do about the ratings...

But we can buzz it through our social media platforms

So, don't forget to share and promote TTON to others :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Awwh thats too bad. Rating may dropped but we still trending tho so im ok lol 

From the reviews i read, majority of them are positive. So i agree with @faye406 lets just continue hyping up this drama on social media. :wub:

• Like 9

Although I'm quite sad about the drop in ratings, let's just see the positive things out of it. Atleast it's still the leading drama for Monday-Tuesday :lol:. It is indeed tough to get high ratings, even KSH and JDY admitted to it, that not everyone watches on TV.

• Like 8

Absolutely loved this episode, and so sad (still) that there was only one this week to watch! It was a laugh a minute, yet with enough of the weightier issues that's keeping me hooked onto the larger story — what’s the significance of 19 Nov that had the king desiring to kill his son then? Some kind of ill-will fabricated lore that had the king afraid? But has the king now regretted his actions and would save Nokdu and adoptive father, or is he out to “finish the unfinished” deed?

And that last scene — OMO! HAWT!! With him casually walking into the room shirtless makes me think Dongjoo must’ve already seen him like this many times over to not flinch and avert her eyes at all. I wonder though — where exactly is the bath positioned in the compound that he would so casually return to the room shirtless? He’s so sure everyone has left for the Dano festivities? I don’t think they had en suite baths then, did they? And those walls can’t possibly be sound proof!

• Like 13

This is the comment from Drama Milk

You can read her live recaps for episode 9-10 here

COMMENTS

This show is probably my favorite on TV right now. I love how it always keeps me guessing and manages to have fresh moments of excitement where it continues to keep the momentum of the show chugging forward. The story never drags, it is always interesting to watch but it isn’t an overwhelming watch, they know where to put their resting scenes interspersed with fast paced scenes. I love it so much.

On top of that, I love how Dongju knows that Nokdu likes her! Usually the heroine is so clueless to the point of driving me insane with how stupid she is. But in this case she knows he likes her but does not want him to say it because it could complicate things with their relationship and with just moving forward because she would have to admit that she likes or lie and say that she doesn’t so it would be awkward either way and then where would they go from there? It is a scary proposition just because love is a scary thing. *sigh* Swoon, just swoon.

• Like 13

I just realize, 
Kissing scene between ND and YM is moreeeee passionately than ND DJ kiss scene, ahahhaha

I dont think YM will be jealous. ahahhaha, and i like YM lifeless expression when: 1. horse scene 2. after pond scene when ND say, okay i dont like you anymore. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Another hilarious yet sweet episode! I feel Nok Du gets more and more lovable each episode. I like how he didn't beat around the bush in telling Dong Ju that he likes her. I appreciate a guy who's open and honest with his feelings. I also liked that he didn't allow Dong Ju to run and hide from her feelings neither. But then, how was she supposed to resist him in the first place when he came to her that way. Haha. I'm glad she didn't hesitate when he went in for the almost second kiss. I'm not a big fan of push and pull so hopefully, these two cuties will romantically progress :wub:

Based on the preview, it looks like Lady Nok Du will have another fight scene saving the widows in the next episode. Should be awesome!

• Like 13
7 hours ago, elan1 said:

What is happening with the ratings? They get worse every episode. By the time V.I.P comes it'll be 2%-3%. Why won't locals watch the drama I just don't understand.

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

He need the Holy water to forget lady Kim kiss  :mrgreen:

This was the most priceless scene from the episode. I laughed so hard my stomach was hurting.

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Idk how Dong Joo can stay calm with a shirtless Nok Doo so close with her LoL! The lil girl's too adorable but now Dong Joo's fiance know Nok Doo's a guy~

The amount of skinship they've had in just 5 episodes and those topless scenes. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Ooh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 7
  • Insightful 1

I'm confused abt Nov 19th. The king's child was said dying after birth, so it must be Nov 19th. But Nokdu birthday is not long before Danoh festival (May 5th) And the Queen also memorized her child's death on that day with okchundang. The more the story goes, the less I think Nokdu was the prince, haha, Idk why.

Anyway,  I love the confession scene. What he said and his topless thing... all are true to the naive but clever Nokdu. He really cares abt what Dongju says. And she once pointed out how it was impossible for her to like him, he just followed that (again) and hit right to the point: "Look, I'm a man, I like nobody but you!"

(but holy hell, how can he wander around the compound with those abs?)

EG9kEmoUUAAKrXs?format=jpg&name=medium

However, maybe I'm in my late 20s and having a writing career or I'm kind of too old for rom-com like this(?) I think that the storytelling here is kind of clumsy, they push to climax and unravel the knot unbelievably simple. I dont know how kissing Yulmu can solve the risk of Aeung Du and drunken Dongju. Why they really need that big mouth kid stick around Nokdu instead of her father? It's not a smart move compared to what we see from the beginning. And the misunderstanding jealousy was overused but love tension is not just around jealousy. They skipped the awkwardness around the palanquin scene too fast and superficially, it should have been a turning-point which awakes their sexual tension toward each other. Think abt it, you see a girl among hundred women, and a boy disguising as a woman, what make they different? Did I expect too much or the writers have to make thing clearly innocent like this?

I'm just saying my pov, I still love the show :) 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4
16 minutes ago, petunia said:

The amount of skinship they've had in just 5 episodes and those topless scenes. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Ooh.

isn’t it? 
I just watched the subbed ep and I wonder why DJ was so nonchalant when that half naked guy walked in all damp. 
That is how my face would be if my brother walked about in the house like that but definitely not someone I take a fancy to. Her face didn’t even change. Some incredible self-control there..:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전