Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

4 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I love how members here have their eyes trained on what really matters, like KJW's flash of abs (daaamn he's so ripped), and now their lips. :lol: I love that series of short kisses at the start; that seemed like it was PMY's ad lib. I love how in the last two episodes PMY's been super flirty with her ad libs, as we saw in the bts and even the cuts that made it to the episode, and KJW's just helplessly taking it and laughing and lobstering his way through them. :D

@Sky8lue Love that Beauty Inside remix poster! (That's the reference, right?)

Yup the reference is to Beauty Inside (the promo poster for the movie version). I love the photos selected by the fan artist, but there was unfortunately no space for a few characters such as Deok Mi's Dad, Seon Joo's hubby, Secretary Kim.

And yes, I always seem to miss all the *cough* *ahem* important moments while watching HPL too. Then I lurk in this thread and all the CSI experts point out everything from abs to lip blisters and lobsters (I need a new pair of glasses, seriously) :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

What makes me happy is that: we still active in this thread, discuss about the drama itself rather than make non-sense delulu in shipper thread. Its really positive and I believe there will be more new fans of HPL even the drama already ends. I cant wait to read PMY and KJW interview. I hope they will give smart and wise answer related to ratings, skinship, chemistry, plot, character, etc. I just don't want haters spread negativity for HPL and KJW again. Just please dont.. Before HPL, KJW never had any haters before. But I dont want him in dark roles forever. Its time for him to shine. 

• Like 14

Omg...that tumbler acct...the lazy nihongin....let out a cackle when she put a pic of RG painting and commented that it looked like something MTG would paint....:lol:

my thoughts exactly!!!

its growing on me though....I think KJW can sell any idea to me at this point...

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

All for you, Her Private Life.

BV9BoHX.png

I am still having serious withdrawal symptoms but gonna still share my brief thoughts here.

I think I've never cried before when watching any dramas with proposal, literally cried badly. The trembling voice of Ryan touched my heart the most and thinking that he must have held the ring for the longest time and thought that he doesn't want to fight with time anymore, he wants to have his most important person in his life now. Loving how the way he said he wants to paint happiness with Deok Mi, means he wants to have happiness filled with colours. Loving how the way Deok Mi answered him in her fangirl language by asking Ryan will he be her most greatest love. Kneeling down on one knee for Deok Mi was totally a form of love and respect to her. This is one of the most simplest yet touching proposal I've ever seen and no matter how many times I've watched or watching, I'm just gonna let my tears flow. 

And one of the best ad-lib from Ryan during the PC room which I cannot stop laughing:

rar1IA6.gif

Ryan's like using "I-Seon-Jwa" (Already chosen seat) and trying to be funny by using "I-Seon-Ju" (Deok Mi's BFF). If I were Deok Mi/PMY, I would be bursting out laughing already!! I got a feeling it's KJW's idea!! :lol:

All in all, Her Private Life has won over my heart with all the excited, heartache and heart flutters and I believe it's gonna be difficult and will take a long time for me to find another kdrama that will make my heart flutters again. I can't wait to see the both of them in other projects in the coming years. 

And thank you for the mention, @jeonghyang :wub:

• Like 18
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Am looking at the last kissing scene at the alley.  PMY is kissing him passionately and giving the best she could and her body is really pressed on to him. It's like one last shoot, let's go all the way. No wonder KJW is smiling like a satisfied cat ;)

• Like 8
  • LOL 9

@sillygal I don't remember ever tearing up over a film or TV proposal before HPL. When Ryan suddenly started speaking seriously, I may have started screaming "ohmygod!" (Eom. So. Hye. style of course) several times. For someone who has never seen or done a proposal before and has only killed people, KJW did such an excellent job I thought ---so excellent he made himself cry in the process too, hehe. 

On another note, The Kdramaholic subbed one of Soop Management's videos of KJW behind the scenes at Ryan's home that they posted before. 

Edit: Oops, @luvcrabbieshinhwa already posted this in the previous page, sorry I missed it.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Ahnyeong everyone...this is my first time in this thread...I've been away from soompi for such a long time..can't believe that it took this drama to make me returns :D..i'm still recovering from withdrawal but luckily this drama was meant for such lovely memories for us..so i'll guess i'll just cherish every moments of it..this drama officially has taken a special spot in my top list of romcom kdrama :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Hello, friends. I thought i could move on from this drama, turns out it’s really really hard. I’m in a serious denial that HPL is already over. I’m so empty what should i do with my life? What should i do with my Wednesdays and Thursdays from now on? Geez. Help me guys... :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I post this comment on twitter and want repost here for you too

when I hear about too passionate kisses and too many hugs, I want to laugh at such stupid comments. The writer and director gave us a lot of romance and passion, and actors fantastically showed it on the screen. How many people have recommended this drama more  2 million? If you are not one of them then be silence.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

I post this comment on twitter and want repost here for you too

when I hear about too passionate kisses and too many hugs, I want to laugh at such stupid comments. The writer and director gave us a lot of romance and passion, and actors fantastically showed it on the screen. How many people have recommended this drama more  2 million? If you are not one of them then be silence.

Those haters are just not used to seeing a K-drama couple who are actually acting like a real-life couple. Either that, or they're fans of that other ship :mask:.

ETA:

• Like 11
  • Love 2

On 5/31/2019 at 1:46 AM, Sky8lue said:

Continuing from where @Ondine left off, the complete list of screen quotes from each episode:

1:  Do you know what it means to be a fan?
2:  I'm sorry for acting like I'm a normal person
3:  Let's be well-mannered
4:  I will protect my baby
5: A fangirl's eyes are filled with love
6: Accident prone area for fanatics
7:  Fangirls use their dating fortune for more fangirling
8:  If the sea's job is to make waves, a fangirl's job is to be delusional
9:  When you become a fan, let everyone know. When you stop being a fan, don't let anyone notice.
10:  A heart that has already been chosen
11:  Have you ever been hit by reality?
12:  The fact that I'm your fan means I'm on your side.
13:  Always with you, even when you're alone
14:  A star that shines in my dark heart

15:  You are my home

16:  Are you currently a fan? I hope you become a successful fan!!!

Thank U so much @Ondine and @Sky8lue for this list. Looking at that list make me realise that Her Private Life was Deok Mi journey to become a sucessful fan (the ideas taken from the webtoon). She is one lucky fangirl indeed. Let me recap all Deok Me sucessful fangirl moment.

1. Episode 1: getting Cha Shi An used water bottle (imagine that you have something that your idol's lip touch).

2. Episode 3: meeting Cha Shi An at his own home

3. Episode 3: finding out that Cha Si An notice Si Na Gil, even thankful to the point framing and displaying a photo taken by Si Na Gil.

4. Episode 6: meeting Cha Shi An at work

5. Episode 7: win a spot in fansigning with only one album purchase

6. Episode 7: win a selca/selfie with Shi An with Kong Plussy as a bonus

7. Episode 8: meeting with Shi An (but she was not enjoying this as much, coz he was expecting date with Lion).

8. Episode 9: another meeting (she was brokenhearted by Lion)

9. Episode 13: meeting Cha Shi An's mother

10. Episode 13: breakfast with sandwich made by Cha Shi An's mother

11. Episode 14: Cha Shi An asking if Deok Mi is a fan

12. Episode 15: having Cha Shi An as birthday present.

13. Episode 16: chance to take family potrait

14: Episode 16: knowing that Cha Shi An was sad for Si Na Gil fansite hiatus.

Offcourse the most succesful thing as fan is being together with Shi An brother, which mean that Shi An will become her family: her brother in law.  This is the main idea taken from the webtoon, albeit very different story.

So I am not agree with people who said that HPL deviated from fangirling theme. Even though the OTP were written and acted realisticly, but still HPL is kinda cinderella story from fangirl POV (Damn Deok Mi luck as fangirl is too good to be true).

Not to mention the whole my boyfriend don't mind and support her as fangirl.

Episode 6 (Ryan knows that Deok Mi is Sinagil).

Episode 11 (Deok Mi find out that Ryan knows her secret and find out about Latte)

Episode 11 (Deok Mi invites Ryan to her fangirling shrine: her penthouse).

Episode 16 (Ryan help Deok Mi securing concert ticket).

In ep 12 story puts emphasis in Ryan's secret. But there is a scene when Deok Mi fangirling/admiring Shi An generosity for donating plussies and scene when Cindy donate her Cha Si An cd for the kids at the orphanage. So fangirling theme was never forgotten in each episode (in ep 2 there is a flashback about why Deok Mi must hide her identity as a fangirl). Not to mention fangirling slang thrown here ad there that (kinda lost in translation for us who do not speak korean).

Too bad that the tv show about fangirling that Seon Ju's hubby made, was only used as plot devices (we only see the aftermath). This is missed opportunity to explore how mainstream media and society perceived kpop fandom culture.

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, jaemin kimpark said:

adlib or not, they looks happy...:kiss_wink:

This slow mo showed that he aimed for her right cheek?? Correct me if I am wrong 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

According to Namoo Actors' (PMY's agency) calendar, :

6/4: PMY will be filming an Advertisement

6/6 - 6/10: Marie Claire pictorial (this must be an overseas pictorial).

I was hoping there will be a schedule for post-HPL interviews with the press like with wwwsk (I'm still hoping)... hmm... maybe we'll have to wait for that Marie Claire issue to come out to get that interview?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

According to Namoo Actors' (PMY's agency) calendar, :

6/4: PMY will be filming an Advertisement

6/6 - 6/10: Marie Claire pictorial (this must be an overseas pictorial).

I was hoping there will be a schedule for post-HPL interviews with the press like with wwwsk (I'm still hoping)... hmm... maybe we'll have to wait for that Marie Claire issue to come out to get that interview?

what about KJW schedule?

do you have information about him?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cenching said:

This slow mo showed that he aimed for her right cheek?? Correct me if I am wrong 

My interpretation is that he aimed for her cheek but she thought he was aiming for her mouth, so she turned her head to meet his mouth.

14 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

I'm doubtful there'd still be an exclusively HPL interview day like that...it'd be over a week since it ended, it's old news by then. I hope KJW gets a photo shoot at least too. Would love to read more of their thoughts about doing HPL and their plans for future projects.

14 minutes ago, Khinqian said:

A positive review about Her Private Life from Jae Ha Kim Journalist :wub:

https://www.jaehakim.com/entertainment-reviews/tv-reviews/her-private-life 

Thanks, that was a good read, and the comments underneath were good too. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

I'm doubtful there'd still be an exclusively HPL interview day like that...it'd be over a week since it ended, it's old news by then. I hope KJW gets a photo shoot at least too. Would love to read more of their thoughts about doing HPL and their plans for future projects.

I'm still holding on to that teeny tiny hope. WWWSK ended on 7/26. PMY's interviews were held the following week, 7/31 and 8/1. But then again, nothing is on namoo's calendar for those interviews this time, so yep, maybe there'll be nothing. I guess we'd just have to wait for that Marie Claire issue.

ETA: It's my delulu wish that Marie Claire pictorial would be with KJW  :sweat_smile:

1 hour ago, jaemin kimpark said:

what about KJW schedule?

do you have information about him?

My network is blocking his agency's website. Try googling it, maybe you can see it from your end.

• Like 5

I just finished watching episode 15 and it touched my heart in all the right places. I simply love the way the script writer handled the painful situation and revelation for Deok Mi, her family and Ryan. I’m so glad the obligatory breakup didn’t happen. My hats off to the writer. So many touching and emotional scenes packed into one episode. I think my favorite is Ryan and Doek Mi’s mom “forgiveness” and “thank you” scene. 

• Like 5