[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

No KJW and PMY interviews till now. Im so desperate waiting their interview! I found this in Instagram, a fan account of Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook.

She translated KDW's interview after he finished Special Labor Inspector Mr. Jo. He mentioned his bestie KJW!

A small part from 1 of the long Q&A interview.

KJW was mentioned.

Q: Your 손 the guest co-star, KJW, had a drama, Her Private Life, which broadcast around the same time. Did you say anything to each other?

KDW: We complained, cheered & teased each other. Unfortunately, I didn't see the drama, but I had a lot of fun watching clips & stuff.

After seeing a clip, I sent him a message saying I also want to sit down & film. (KJW had alot of scenes sitting down in the office & on dates, etc) Jae Wook said that's my fate, accept it. (Running scenes in 손 the guest, action scenes in Jo Jang Pung) I heard KJW did judo in the drama too, I find it funny. It looked like some interesting rhythmic movement.

Aww these 2.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, lighthearted said:

Is this the first time she reveals such a personel thought about her dramas' persona?

If it is, so it makes sense as you said before: She was not ready to let go DM because the character takes an important place in her mind. We could feel it in her farewell video. Being tired is obvious, but both PMY and KJW looked really sad and she even threw a quick glance on him to see how he was before standing up after taking the photo with the crew.

I'm not PMY's die hard fans but I've been following her ig since the first day she opened her ig account...from what I've remembered, i never see any of her ig post mentioned that she wanna go for a vacation and let go her character from the drama that just ended...what i know, we will only see she posted that she is on vacation.. never mentioned anything like what she posted yesterday... Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

But she has deleted or removed or maybe archived lots of her ig post from her ig account...so, couldn't trace any evidence that she has mentioned same caption in her past ig post.

it's already a week had past and I'm still lurking to this thread. I'm still in a serious withdrawal syndrome and being delulu about our OTP..ekekekeke I'm so delulu thinking that KJW might be waiting for PMY to comeback as Min Young, not Sung Deokmi :w00t:

Ahhh..btw, we all know that ABH love uri KJW so much even though they had filmed only a few scenes together...so, it's not surprised if PMY also love KJW..ehemmm you know what i mean? :phew:

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

For Hedwig, KJW took the role at the same time with Kim Dongwan (as suggested by my username, I'm a Shinhwa fan)...I remember during that time, KDW also said that Hedwig was particularly difficult role to play so he did a lot of research on how to play the role properly.

I found this interview in KJW's soompi page and maybe this has been posted already but in this interview he played both Hedwig and Tommy, Hedwig's lover. A very thought provoking interview. To play both characters .... whew !! He said he loved singing and doing Tommy's part... his interpretation of Tommy is quite interesting

https://ssusita.livejournal.com/243069.html

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

a silent lurker here delurking.. Like most of the peaps here, still not over HPL.. I'm rewatching the drama couple of episodes before going to bed.. And currently watching Voice.. Gosh, Mo Taegu :scream:

I'm having a serious fangirl obsession with Kim Jae Wook, I adored him since Coffee Prince but never really followed his career.. And now I'm watching every YT clips he had and reading articles about him.. Haha.. So many interesting things about him.. He's a rocker, an ambidextrous, a very versatile actor.. ♥

I love when he sings English songs.. 

I'm stunned upon knowing this:

5 hours ago, YearwoodC said:

He did research when he played as Priest Mateo in The Guest. Months before The Guest filming, he came to Philippines and interviewed the priest who does exorcism. 

I'm from the Philippines and I never knew about this.. :scream:

Can someone tell me where did he particularly went here in my country? Or any articles/video clips of him mentioning this?? I'll be catching up reading all the comments on this thread and will be staying here.. Haha.. You guys and all your insights are amazing.. :kiss_wink:

• Like 6

It takes a lot of work to be a good and convincing actor cos you end up embodying the character you play. I've always thought therefore to be married to an actor is very trying, cos if you put in sincere emotions into your role, you essentially become someone else for the period of time you're on that project. And when your emotions that go into loving another character is mixed with emotions relating to the person (i.e. the actor/actress) and not the character, things can go south. I can see why it's necessary after each intense role, actors/actresses need to move onto another project or take time out to recalibrate themselves. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

BTW, I've got a question that's been bothering me a bit. In the first ep, right after Eun GI karate chops Si An placard's neck off, he did something to Deok Mi's shoes. I don't get it. What exactly did he do? 

He arranged it and left his own shoes next to it. I forget which members here said it, but they've seen it done in a few other dramas to signify/fool outsiders into thinking that a man is staying in the house with the woman, to deter any unscrupulous men from trying things. :( (So unfair that this is what women live with...)

1 hour ago, jaemin kimpark said:

kim jae wook drinking habit....

Maybe those wrap party pics of him looking sloshed was him after one bottle of beer. :D Kidding (kinda).

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

BTW, I've got a question that's been bothering me a bit. In the first ep, right after Eun GI karate chops Si An placard's neck off, he did something to Deok Mi's shoes. I don't get it. What exactly did he do? 

EG left his shoes (a man’s) outside DM’s door to deterred any unwanted visitors because DM is a woman living alone...

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

He left his shoes to make it look like a man was in the house.

That's a way of protecting her since she basically lives alone and some pervs might wander about.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

For his next project, somehow I feel that he won't be taking another romcom right away or even as a male lead...it doesn't feel like him hahaha. I wish he'd take up a musical project next (HEDWIG PLEASE LOL)...cuz musical is the only project where we can see him often :p

its the fact that he will definitely not take a project like this again in the near future that breaks my heart... but he does at least two dramas a year so at the end of this year we can hopefully get something ... 

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

This also brings to my mind how actors (and directors) usually call each other by their character names instead of their actual names while on set, even when the cameras aren't rolling.

now that you've said this it makes more sense why the director always referred to KJW as Ryan and he (KJW) always called PMY as ms Sung in the BTS ...

6 hours ago, YearwoodC said:

So, I think KJW already did "method acting" for his projects Hedwig and Antique Bakery. For Mo Tae Gu character he went to a psychologist several times to find a proper characteristic and mannerism of a psychopath. He used Christian Bale character in American Psycho (Patrick Bateman) as references. He did research when he played as Priest Mateo in The Guest. Months before The Guest filming, he came to Philippines and interviewed the priest who does exorcism.

so how did he research for HPL ??;)

• Like 8

@luvcrabbieshinhwa  how long a musical theatre will run? Does it take weeks or months? What I only know is that they will have few actors playing the same role right?

Btw,  I actually expected that he will take rom-com or lighter role after I read his post-interview for The Guest. When the reported asked whether he is interested for rom-com role and he said "of course, he would like to". It's as if he was giving a hint that he's ready for such role.

So when Tvn announced two new dramas in 2019, Abyss with Park Bo Young and HPL with Park Min Young, KJW's name has crossed my mind at that time. I was thinking "what if KJW was offered for the male lead role because he said he's interested for rom-com role".:lol: I was hoping him to be paired up with Park Bo Young but I knew he doesn't fit the description of the male lead as flower boy. I was still happy yet worried at the same time when he was cast for HPL. It's because I was afraid he will be getting hate and compared a lot with PMY's previous co-stars. Things that I'm concerned the most did happen but I'm glad he has proven to k-fans and I-fans how worthy he is as an actor.

@namjiho KJW has mentioned it in his The Guest post-interview. He went there with the Content Director to learn about exorcism. That's why I'm more impressed with the whole team of The Guest after I learned how dedicated they were with the drama. They really came all the way from Korea to Philippines to meet the real exorcist priests. 

@NaYouSabi? This is why we need his post-interbiew for HPL. We need to know how he prepared for his role in HPL. 

So now, WHERE IS THE POST INTERVIEWS WITH THE CASTS AND THE DIRECTOR?? Are the reporters sleeping on HPL despite this drama has been receiving much love internationally? Tomorrow is already June 7th. Eerrrghhh :mellow:

• Like 8

I need help again from any bilingual fans here. What exactly does Deok Mi tell Ryan in Nho Seok's cabin when she said "I know you mistook my relationship with Seon Joo" from episode 5? The sub translates the line after this as "You suggested this fake relationship because you were worried about word getting out". 

However, if you listen to what Deok Mi says, she mentions Cha Shi An's name, when Shi An wasn't even mentioned in the translation. What has been lost in translation here? 

• Like 6

@NaYouSabi?LMAO. He researched how to be a good boyfriend, how to hug woman warmly, how to kiss woman passionately, and how to treat woman nicely. I think KJW is not really different with Ryan Gold. He is a soft person (like what PMY and PJJ said on eps 0). I can see it too from his chosen scenes in HPL. I believe he watched romcom drama before they did script reading and WWWSK (maybe) was one of his references since PMY really good at there. 

@TripleNa This makes me so desperate in waiting their interview. Im not sure if they will do interview. PMY will be back to Seoul on June 10. What happened to KJW? He's MIA!!!!! No updates from Soop managemet and his Instagram. This man is really mysterious. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

20 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Curious things that that only non-Korean English first language speakers might pick up on:

• Why hasn’t Ryan kicked his Korean accent despite fairly good English enunciation?

• Why is his psychiatrist friend practising in America but not quite speaking AmEnglish? He can’t pronounce the “r” in Ryan’s name and has to be corrected.

personally i immigrated from my country at the age of nine close to Ryan's age i think ... i can't really hear it but i've been told i have a very strong accent , even though i have been away from home for so long and grew up with kids from a different country ... but here is the funny thing ... Everyone tells me i have an accent people who come from my country and people who stay in my present country , it use to bother me because when i spoke i would always be told "that's not how that word is pronounced " even though am from an English/french speaking country my English is different from others ... so am just in-between ...:glasses:

for example the word listen

i pronounce it as lis-ten , this is because even though my first language is English , i was influenced with how words are pronounced in my country , we pronounce the way its spelled ( in both English and other local languages) 

but others where i stay at the moment keep telling me its pronounced lɪs(ə)n  , but if i have to pronounce it in this manner i will have to speak slower and try to match my words to others ... that is very tiring and difficult and i spent high school being bullied for this and now am in a place where am confident enough to tell others that what my aunt tells me ..." English is a borrowed language the colonizers brought it to us and we kept it and made it our own , who ever does not like it can go eat a dictionary "

but at the same time when i speak over the phone to people back home or older people from my country of origin who did not grow up in my present country they ALSO tell me about how i speak ...

its the same for Ryan , he can speak English with a clear enough accent for you to know he grew up out of SK , his pronunciation is clear and precise , but at the same time the way he says certain words , or reads certain sounds makes you see the SK accent ... 

for example someone made a comment about the way he pronounces Gold ...its clear enough for you to know its Gold , but also enough for you to realise he pronounces it as GOOLD 

same as me i pronounce doctor as doc-tor (as seen ) but its "suppose to go as "  dɒktə  ... 

I've come to realise that if you are not resilient to other peoples accent , after a while you get use to it ... with my friends i don't even know i have an accent its always with new people i meet who seem to remind me ...

11 hours ago, zenya22 said:

As for Director EOM chaebol re: EG and Cindy, I won't be too worried about her. First of all, Cindy's second parents is also EG's adoptive parents and DM the VC Director of Cheum Museum and is Ryan the golden boy of art's fiancee who is the brother of Si An whom Director EOM is now fangirling on. I think they will all support EG and will EOM win against her daughter? DM and Seon Jo will be so surprised to learn who EG's girlfriend is. Yeah and SJ is the chaebol best friend and will support him too.

that is one big family tree right there:fearful: ... i feel like EG moved because he doesn't have to protect his family anymore , they are now free from thier past and he can look at  just like SDM , kids are meant to fly out of the nest ...

16 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

He was exhausted at the wrap party, and I think his Instagram posts are pretty clear.

can someone connect me to these party videos i haven't seen any ...

17 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

You can run fast into these arms :joy:

I can run faster than that into his delicious abs :mrgreen:

somebody

Image result for hold my shoes meme

@Ameera Ali  not if i get to his arms first then i can just cover everything ... :mrgreen:

Boxing Punch GIF - Boxing Box Punch GIFsbring it ...

11 hours ago, lighthearted said:

I understand especially when I'm living in a world where the 3rd wave of feminisism resonates in all directions.

at least yours has a direction , the men and some women form my side of town start name callings the moment the hear the word feminist then you are a westernized brainwashed prostitute that has lost her values and upbringing  and is trying to corrupt the young children ( this is me putting some of the things that have been said lightly )

44 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

This is why we need his post-interbiew for HPL. We need to know how he prepared for his role in HPL. 

this was never important because i was always the person who watches a drama when it starts and the when its over its over , but for once i need these things to help me survive this break up ... i also want the interviews 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, Ondine said:

This also brings to my mind how actors (and directors) usually call each other by their character names instead of their actual names while on set, even when the cameras aren't rolling.

Yes. Even at the press con, Kim Jae-wook referred to Park Min-young occasionally as Deok-mi. When they were filming, they were mostly referred to as Ryan and Deok-mi. In one of the early BTS, you can hear the director referring to Park Min-young as Deok-mi, and a staff member telling "Ryan" to wipe his hands after eating fried chicken.

1 hour ago, TripleNa said:

So now, WHERE IS THE POST INTERVIEWS WITH THE CASTS AND THE DIRECTOR?? Are the reporters sleeping on HPL despite this drama has been receiving much love internationally? Tomorrow is already June 7th. Eerrrghhh :mellow:

One is exhausted and needs rest. The other has gone to LA for work and is busy. Maybe we should learn to give them a break?

19 minutes ago, NaYouSabi? said:

can someone connect me to these party videos i haven't seen any ...

You don't even need to see the wrap party videos to see how tired Kim Jae-wook was. Episode 16 was full of it. Deok-mi even referenced it in the drama, when they were talking about Ryan going back to New York to make his comeback.

If you want wrap party videos, pretty sure the Park Min-young fan groups on Instagram would have them.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TripleNa said:

Wasn't the WWWSK post-drama media day organized by TVN? Perhaps they're more to blame than the reporters, as it seems like they didn't organize one for HPL.

7 minutes ago, Aziraphale said:

Yes. Even at the press con, Kim Jae-wook referred to Park Min-young occasionally as Deok-mi. When they were filming, they were mostly referred to as Ryan and Deok-mi. In one of the early BTS, you can hear the director referring to Park Min-young as Deok-mi, and a staff member telling "Ryan" to wipe his hands after eating fried chicken.

Even in KJW's wrap party speech, he called her Deokmi. :D

• Like 8

Just now, Ondine said:

Wasn't the WWWSK post-drama media day organized by TVN? Perhaps they're more to blame than the reporters, as it seems like they didn't organize one for HPL.

No, it is organized by agency. I remember Soop always give media interview after their actors finished drama filming. Nam Ji Hyun, Seo Hyu Jin, etc. KJW had interview a week after The Guest ended. Im sure it is related to their agencies decision.

• Like 11