Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

The latest Buzzworthy List from Gooddata Corp:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1329752wpp/song-joong-ki-and-arthdal-chronicles-top-rankings-for-most-buzzworthy-actors-and-dramas

Arthdal Chronicles was in first place, HPL in second. The actors:

1. Song Joong Ki (“Arthdal Chronicles”)
2. Jung Hae In (“One Spring Night”)
3. Han Ji Min (“One Spring Night”)
4. Park Min Young (“Her Private Life”)
5. Kim Jae Wook (“Her Private Life”)

• Like 8
  • Love 5

17 hours ago, Ondine said:

@sillygal I don't remember ever tearing up over a film or TV proposal before HPL. When Ryan suddenly started speaking seriously, I may have started screaming "ohmygod!" (Eom. So. Hye. style of course) several times. For someone who has never seen or done a proposal before and has only killed people, KJW did such an excellent job I thought ---so excellent he made himself cry in the process too, hehe. 

Same here!! At the most, I am only on the verge in tearing but not crying. Every single time I start to watch the proposal, I can literally just cry it out. I have been re-watching their BTS and KJW mentioned that rom-com is not easy for him, from someone who has been second male lead, serial killer then to first male lead for rom-com is definitely KJW's biggest challenge. I remember he went onto Rain's V LIVE and Rain mentioned that KJW is someone who will always make small yet realistic goals that's achievable for himself compared to wants to have cars, girlfriends, houses etc. So I believe KJW wants to take up the challenge to achieve this goal for himself this year, and YES HE MADE IT!! I am very proud of him. :)

• Like 12
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I find it strange that she hasn't even acknowledged the end of the show on her own social media. I think from a PR/business perspective it should be a standard move; it's a way to project yourself as gracious and grateful for your projects. But then again, it's her account; she can do (or not do) what she wants. :)

She worked extremely hard for SDM and most likely she cherishes the character much so she needs time gathering all of her thoughts to get out of the character and to bids her farewell...:)  I read so many stories of how some actors needed much longer time to shed off their characters. 

Some of HPL’s fans are having hard time to move on, much more PMY who was directly involved....:)

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, cenching said:

She worked extremely hard for SDM and most likely she cherishes the character much so she needs time gathering all of her thoughts to get out of the character and to bids her farewell...:)  I read so many stories of how some actors needed much longer time to shed off their characters. 

Some of HPL’s fans are having hard time to move on, much more PMY who was directly involved....:)

That's certainly possible. I guess only time will tell. :)

• Like 4

I tried watching Healer, but decided to give up in Ep 3, too political, sibling rivalry, can’t stand the story plot line, still prefer HPL since it is a simple, warmth drama, with not much thoughts and agony. 

• Like 1

@luvcrabbieshinhwaThanks for the translations, I really I appreciate it! I have another favor though, I'm getting confused over what Deok Mi says in the proposal, right after she says "I'm a fangirl, so I will answer in a way that befits me". In most subs, she replies: "Yes. I will be your greatest love. Will you be my greatest love as well?"

But I'm sure she doesn't say "Yes." in the first sentence. It sounds like joahaeyo, so I'm guessing she says "I like you"? I'm sensing another mistranslated part here. 

@SGahjummaI get what you mean. If we're being objective (about as objective one can get with viewing shows), Healer is perhaps the better drama. It has a meatier plot, more action, higher stakes, gripping mystery, etc. HPL is just some story about how 2 adults fall in love, and what other stuff the people around them do. That's it. If we're talking food, Healer might be some amazing roast beef made by the finest chef in the world, while HPL is the most delicious candy ever. No one will ever say the candy is better food than the roast beef. And yet everyone can eat and will eat candy (unless you hate sweets). You won't always have the appeitie for a heavy gourmet dinner. But we can always use a little candy in our lives. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sillygal said:

최애 (Chui Ae)'s actual meaning is most beloved whom you love someone deeply. In chinese will be '最愛' (Zui Ai) as it sounds similar in terms of pronouncation with Korean. So it depends on how individual look at 최애. 

Wah thanks for the reference to Chinese *takes notes*

but here I'm talking about translating it within a context of fangirling, because Deokmi refers to herself as a fangirl when she said that...so i think 'ultimate bias' is more appropriate diction as a fangirl, compared to what it literally means.

30 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@luvcrabbieshinhwaThanks for the translations, I really I appreciate it! I have another favor though, I'm getting confused over what Deok Mi says in the proposal, right after she says "I'm a fangirl, so I will answer in a way that befits me". In most subs, she replies: "Yes. I will be your greatest love. Will you be my greatest love as well?"

But I'm sure she doesn't say "Yes." in the first sentence. It sounds like joahaeyo, so I'm guessing she says "I like you"? I'm sensing another mistranslated part here. 

Nope...she doesn't say "I like you." In this context, the sentence expresses an agreement = a YES/OK!

48 minutes ago, SGahjumma said:

I tried watching Healer, but decided to give up in Ep 3, too political, sibling rivalry, can’t stand the story plot line, still prefer HPL since it is a simple, warmth drama, with not much thoughts and agony. 

I LOVE HEALER though it was full of conflicts and complicated back stories.

But yeah, sometimes we do need candies instead of fully-cooked meat anyway...and it isn't even in the same genre with HPL so nothing to compare except chemistry between leads (and the fact it's PMY!) hehe... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

PMY said goodbye and thanks in Namoo''s video on their  IG, so she didnt repost it on her IG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

@luvcrabbieshinhwa my apologies, I misread your subtitles question. This site has English subtitle only and I normally download the file to watch since I could never get good reception via streaming. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lighthearted said:

My little candy :heart:

61073627_2053990308239029_81133169902165

miss this cutie!!!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@SGahjummaI get what you mean. If we're being objective (about as objective one can get with viewing shows), Healer is perhaps the better drama. It has a meatier plot, more action, higher stakes, gripping mystery, etc. HPL is just some story about how 2 adults fall in love, and what other stuff the people around them do. That's it. If we're talking food, Healer might be some amazing roast beef made by the finest chef in the world, while HPL is the most delicious candy ever. No one will ever say the candy is better food than the roast beef. And yet everyone can eat and will eat candy (unless you hate sweets). You won't always have the appeitie for a heavy gourmet dinner. But we can always use a little candy in our lives. 

@TheRoadtoPMY, thanks for your advice.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Oksana Sutra She had a longer video and still posted a goodbye photo on IG with WWWSK. I know, I'm quibbling over something so trivial. Just thought it was curious, but it's really whatever. :D

On another note, I found the first two episodes more fun upon rewatch. But Ryan really was such an a**hole. Glad he got a personality transplant. :P

• Like 6
  • Love 1

oh Thank you for the kiss compilation...

the thumb kiss was so clever!!!!!

1st it showed that he wasn’t taking advantage of the fake dating situation and put a physical barrier and the amazing soompiers who realised it was a thumb kiss through their vast experience with when K drama kisses should start:lol::w00t:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Sigh... tomorrow is Wednesday 

I feel so empty...

Just now i saw someone tag KJW ig with photos and selfies of him with his previous co-stars.. made me realize our labit couple has no photos/selfies together outside filming/shooting purposes (or maybe they have but nothing circulated online).

Plus in the last episodes (especially BTS) our OTP looks so tired (because of the tight schedule) compared to the beginning where they look cheery and full of spirits...

Ohhhh i don’t know how to explain, maybe this is my withdrawal syndrome, i’m just SAD 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Guys, I'm not sure about it so I'll drop a question here.

Before being proposed, DM gave RG 3 options of RG's nickname. After that (till passing the '1 yr later' period), i only noticed DM called him Saja (before the wall kiss).

Does it mean RG asked DM to call him Saja? If yes, awwwww.. That's beyond beautiful! since previously he corrected people who called him as Saja/Lion. Pls do correct me if I'm wrong, guys.. :*

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@OndineI was the same way. On re-watch, knowing how the characters would all turn out, it was hilarious watching everything unfold to the way we know it will end. But I remember watching the 1st 2 eps when it aired thinking to myself, "This drama is ending up more like a farcical and physical comedy than a rom-com". Of course, I would've stuck with watching it either way (because PMY), but the shift in tone and narrative is apparent from the first 2 episodes, to the rest of the show. So many hijinks from Deok Mi in those, all the fantasy segments were gold: Glitzy Art Director Deok Mi, Deok-zilla, Confession Deok Mi, and SAIML Curator Deok Mi.

And yeah, most everyone has forgotten how big of an aśs Ryan was in the beginning: "Do you want it?" the first time around (though with the way she was staring at him, she was asking for it lol), the cold way he stared at her when she fell from the ladder, how he told her "I like people who follow orders and have no initiative", the way he pulled off Deok Mi's ID when firing her. 

Of course, he more than made up for it the rest of the way. Lmao. 

• Like 6