[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Nawww different places of worship

I think they went to pay their respects to Deok Su there....

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including IG
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Thought on this episode and overall drama

• Childhood tropes

Ryan's past, his abandonment, and his inability to paint after Lee Sol's painting are the basic plot which drives the story to Ryan's coming to Seoul and meeting Deokmi. It is also an inherent part of Ryan's character as a person and part of his vulnerability. Hence, overused as it might be, I can accept this. But still, I DON'T SEE WHY HE AND DEOKMI NEED THAT CHILDHOOD CONNECTION :sweatingbullets:  At least in this episode, Ryan kinda tells her that no matter what happened back then, they both live in the present, so...

• Leads' relationship

Admittedly this is one thing I like the most about this drama. The couple is not overly dramatic in expressing emotion, they're very mature ADULTS...no noble idiocy (only slightly stoopid 'breakup' and misunderstanding in episode 8 and 9 due to Deokmi's insecurity...). It's quite rare in a K-drama that both leads are so LEVEL-HEADED.

In another K-drama, during Ryan's encounter with EG and hiding DM, Ryan would be extremely furious and hit EG in his face, then grabbed DM's hand and dragged her to talk, or even talk and argue right then and there. But in that scene, no matter how frustrating it is, Ryan stayed poised. Even EG held his ground and did not yell or punch Ryan for wanting to talk to DM in the name of //protecting DM//. Then the way the handle Ryan's abandonment issue is so beautiful, particularly how DM comforted him without words and it leads to him opening up to her.  Then when DM knew about her mom abandoning Ryan, she didn't come to Ryan to talk and cry "I FEEL SO GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION SO LET'S BREAKUP. BYE." She feels terribly guilty, still...but calmly talks to him and even apologizes and urges him to solve the problem with her mom...cuz the problem was not with her, but with her mom. 

And the skinships... I know many people who watch this drama complain it's too fluffy, cringe-worthy, too much, etc... BUT THIS DRAMA IS A ROMCOM...IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FLUFFEEYYYY. And for me, the leads did not overdo it. They did what normal couples do and still within boundaries for their status as employee and boss if they're at the gallery... (GOD IF YOU KNOW THE PDA LEVEL OF ACTUAL KOREAN COUPLES IN PUBLIC SPACES...THAT IS CRINGE-WORTHY). They're over 30s anyway...what do you expect? Spazzing over holding hands and kiss only once a month? =)))))))

• Overall plot and conflict

Some might argue that the plot is thin and predictable and resolved too easily and quickly. To some extent, I agree. Ryan's psychological trauma is kinda huge...but it resolves so quickly with an astonishing level of understanding and mere apology from Ryan himself. We still don't know what actually happened and how many time have passed since her accident so that Lee Sol couldn't find Ryan...how much effort did she even put to find him. For Deokmi's mom case, I still struggle to understand WHY DID SHE EVEN DROP HIM OFF AT THE ORPHANAGE AT NIGHT?? She could've done so in the afternoon and delivered him to the orphanage people with some explanations...and did not push little YJ that harshly. I'm sure he'd understand her reasons (but that would mean he wouldn't have been that traumatic hmmm).... She is so lucky that Ryan is too understanding =-= Anyway, I still glad it's resolved quickly. In another K-drama, it'd take up half of the drama for this angst alone...with Ryan pushing away DM cuz he wants to wallow in his own sorrow =)))

Overall, no matter how 'thin' it is under the scrutiny of 'drama experts', I'm glad that during all those conflicts, the leads are together to face and resolve it together, as mature adults. No one throws unnecessary fits. No unnecessary prolonged angst and noble idiocy. This drama only shows us how the leads' relationship is getting stronger and deeper as they face everything together... Everything makes Ryan and Deomi's relationship meaningful and "meaty" in many ways. And this is a good romcom drama :heart:

beautiful beautiful analysis. While watching the explanation of DM's mother's behavior, I was thinking this: had they made the father become angry and frustrated with the accident and the death of their son and (possible) hospitalization of their daughter, and thus yelled at the mother at the peak of his angst and forced her to kick the boy (Ryan) out, it would make more sense for her to drag him to the orphanage at the night. Also, it could explain the father with regret and resentment with their trauma became more quiet and started only to interest in rocks. IMO, that would make the storyline smoother. However, the father is so adorable, who could have the gut to make him into a villian? so, I still give kudos to writer-nim. the story was handled in the best way possible.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@Ramenqueen19 @liltash85That's exactly what I mean by bigger, he's more popular. Isn't the "biggest star" the most popular one? I don't think PSJ is better than KJW and PMY, I'm a PMY fanboy, and KJW is IMHO a better actor than KJW. But PSJ is definitely a bigger star than either, by virtue of being more popular especially to the young women demographic, I'd imagine. (don't have the stats to back this up though, anyone can correct me if I'm wrong). 

Agree. by the time he decided to star in WWWSK, his popularity has just been risen up by his role as Go Dong Man in FFMW. He gained lots of love because of that role and people became more curious about him in WWWSK. Obviously, with his rising popularity at that time, well, PMY is also already quite popular at that time, and their chemistry (I'm sorry but I can't finish that drama even with that chemistry:sweatingbullets:), those alone would've guaranteed the popularity of the drama. So, in W3SK, they could rely on both the leads alone for the rating-wise popularity.

Here in HPL, although KJW is also a great actor, but his name is not as popular as PSJ. When he first casted here, lots of people were like "Who is this guy? Why PMY chose a project with unknown actor? blablabla" so here they really need to rely on PMY (she is the most popular one here at that time) and the storyline. 

But in a romcom genre, you can't do much for storyline-wise. So if some of the aspects are quite similar to W3SK, it's quite okay though. It's not like they copy paste the story or make a remake of W3SK with KJW :lol: 

(Did W3SK have a second lead? I can't imagine if KJW became the 2nd lead there and fighting for Kim Mi So's love :lol:)

Anyway, I definitely prefer this drama! And even the rating isn't that high, but I know people love PMY more after this drama, and people starting to open their eyes for KJW (It's Golden Lion Syndrome time!) and his popularity will definitely rising up because of this. He will be like hot cakes! :joy: and don't forget, everyone are in love with Labbit Couple too :heart:

Z0vGwjY.png

EIrKiFA.png

OMG I will print these and frame them on my room (Deok Mi style!)

7 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

:joy::joy: What is wrong with this couple? I didn't watch the drama. Why does he become Mr Hand Towel?

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, sksen said:

You forgot 7DQ -- she also had great chemistry with Yun Woo Jin (tho you might not like him (my guess) but in my opinion he has good acting skill too).

But as of now, no one beats RYAN GOLD.

I love Yun Woo Jin in Marriage no Dating and Arang. He is a good actor. But i have not watch any of PMY Saguek Drama, so I cannot comment on their acting and chemy. I cannot bear to watch City Hunter, coz I love the original manga so much (i love Kaoru so much, not fan of Ryo pervy side, rather dissapointed with the adaptation). That was why i skip that drama even though I love Lee Min Ho.

• Like 1

Some people are just salty/bitter when they compared WWWSK with HPL in a bad light :joy: Which romcom aren't cheesy and cliche? I like HPL because of the rare scorching chemistry between the leads while I dropped WWWSK on episode 3, the moment I saw VP Lee "lured" her to amusement park..:skull: Not that WWWSK is that BAD but Cinderella Story isn't my cup of tea. WWWSK is like a paid vacation for PMY, the story is light and pretty. WWWSK appealed to much younger audiences who love Cinderella Story and PSJ, the reason why the ratings were high. Younger customers are known for their zealous. In C drama land, WWWSK is considered a idol drama. While HPL's viewers were more subdued because mostly are matured ones. TYH also didn't get high ratings even though is a stars studded drama because of the old school type approached on the love story....:persevere:

In the few previous episodes, both KJW and PYM's eyes were swollen due to the crying heart wrenching scenes. They had to repeat many scenes. Both leads work very hard for the drama. At least they enjoy working together, obviously....I noticed also in the last few episodes sexy scenes, PD leave it to their own devices, all adlibs. It takes a high level of trust, understanding, comfort and professionalism to be able to do that, especially this is the first work of them together....:heart:

Overall, I enjoy HPL especially KJW who set a gold standard for a male lead in K dram land....:glasses:

• Like 18

15 hours ago, cenching said:

Some people are just salty/bitter when they compared WWWSK with HPL in a bad light :joy: Which romcom aren't cheesy and cliche? I like HPL because of the rare scorching chemistry between the leads while I dropped WWWSK on episode 3, the moment I saw VP Lee "lured" her to amusement park..:skull: Not that WWWSK is that BAD but Cinderella Story isn't my cup of tea. WWWSK is like a paid vacation for PMY, the story is light and pretty. WWWSK appealed to much younger audiences who love Cinderella Story and PSJ, the reason why the ratings were high. Younger customers are known for their zealous. In C drama land, WWWSK is considered a idol drama. While HPL's viewers were more subdued because mostly are matured ones. TYH also didn't get high ratings even though is a stars studded drama because of the old school type approached on the love story....:persevere:

In the few previous episodes, both KJW and PYM's eyes were swollen due to the crying heart wrenching scenes. They had to repeat many scenes. Both leads work very hard for the drama. At least they enjoy working together, obviously....I noticed also in the last few episodes sexy scenes, PD leave it to their own devices, all adlibs. It takes a high level of trust, understanding, comfort and professionalism to be able to do that, especially this is the first work of them together....:heart:

Overall, I enjoy HPL especially KJW who set a gold standard for a male lead in K dram land....:glasses:

correct!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdramaQ said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, what happened to KJW's lower lips? Slight blister it seems. Over kissing?  ;)

I notice it and had the same thought :phew:

But I shall pretend I'm all pure and it's due to...insect bites? :phew:

1 hour ago, mmac80 said:

Viki.com. They have a feature called Learn Mode. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't work on my Roku streaming TV device as I like watching on a bigger screen. It only works on the web and iOs. 

AH VIKI~! Loved their subtitles...

There were days I'd rip their subtitles to watch with raw files... HAHA

1 hour ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

Just curious why do you think PSJ is by far the bigger star than PMY and KJW? I would agree if you say popular but IMHO  PSJ IS not the bigger star...

Bigger star = more popular. PSJ popularity is a Hallyu-level. He's known to wider audiences, especially overseas fans.

KJW is admittedly unknown overseas and probably even in Korea. Even as a long-time drama watcher, he fell under my radar for so many years after Coffee Prince...then after Hedwig... ((im sorry but he always picked genres I dislike  T_T)). Moreover, he's not the type that picks "popular" or even "sales-worthy" projects (K-drama makes money from exporting dramas abroad). So yes...KJW might be a more critically-acclaimed and well-established actor...but he isn't a 'star' as in popular one with the mainstream audience. I think this project can be a turning point of his 'mainstream career'...get all the love and recognition, KJW!!

• Like 11
  • Love 1

As a fan of Min Young, love all her acting & characters of Healer/ Q7D/ WWWSK, and I love Deok-mi the most, she’s very shining at HPL.

HPL is my favourite drama, not equal to I don’t like WWWSK/ Healer etc, just because I like mature love, top level chemistry & excellent communication between this lovely couple more. For me, WWWSK is more fairy tale, but I still enjoyed to watch it, no conflict for me.

I think PSJ is a very talented actor and he did very well at WWWKS, JCW is a very good actor too, while I have no motivation to watch other Kdramas from them.

I like Hyun Bin at Secret Garden, watched his movies "Late Autumn" with Tang Wei & "Come Rain, Come Shine" with Im Soo-jung. still not following his other Kdramas. [not sure if I will watch Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin coming tvN, because the movie "Classic" is my top 10 movie, I bought DVD & soundtrack, watched the movie almost 5 times.]   

KJW……………… I saw a forum said he's charming likes a red wine, YES, EXACTLY!!!! :love: A Hundred Year of Fine Wine!!!! I didn’t have special feeling when I watched Coffee Prince/ Antique 10+ years ago. Years after, I can't control myself falling in love & become his fan after HPL. I save tons of your gif pictures at my mobile phone, mainly are Deok-mi & Ryan pictures, [Very sorry Min Young, this is my 1st time, I save more KJW individual pictures than yours, please forgive me!!!!! But I still love you till I die] no Faith telling my hubby that I’m crazy not only for Min Young but now I'm tempting to both of them.

After tonight EP16, I’ll re-watch HPL until I can remember all beautiful scenes of these 2. Then start a new chapter, will  start watching KJW’s movies & dramas!

[As said I’ll support their future works, no matter they’ll become a real couple or not.]     

PS: I’m annoying still have some of the shippers keep saying HPL’s rating is low, denied the successful of HPL which gain high attention from International audiences & fans. [esp denied KJW's good acting]. Most of the worldwide movies won the Best Movie Award at Oscar, Berlin or Cannes Film Festival, their box office is not too high. And I totally don’t understand why saying Deok-mi & Ryan have too many skinship????? If you’re in love with your boyfriend, especially  at the very beginning, you definitely want to be with Him 24 hours whole day or more, can’t control yourself to touch or kiss him, Deok-mi & Ryan confirm their love, they’re 33 adult, why they need to hide their love, skinship showing their love. [WWWSK is a fairy tale, ridiculously for me that a man can hide his love for 9 years & a woman in 30s who doesn’t date or have a relationship a man, as said I still watch it because of Min Young, the story line is like this so I won't feel bad on PSJ, he acted so well here.]   

So just ignore these comments, too narrow or too focus on their ships.

Excited for tonight's last EP (a bit upset I won't see this couple next week).

• Like 19
  • Love 3

My opinion KJW make perfect casting as Ryan and more advance hero than others hero Korea.I want he humble just like this and continue some indie projects or villain actually.. If he want to do rom com continue it will give extra my eyes.. Lol.. 

I love the Japanese look in KJW make me feel fresh and miss all hero Japanese.So  good luck to my oppa for new project. I am so lucky know oppa in this drama.. 

Thank you become Ryan Gold:wub:

• Like 9

Hi @annie1234 I love you profile pic.. sorry forgot the new term for it hahaahha..

So yeah.. I have been in kdrama slump for a loooooong time now.. I've focused more on kvariety shows so this is sooooo exciting for me. 

I love this drama.. I mean I have a rule that I will only watch a drama after it's completed but HPL is on a different level

. I even stream just to watch it , I love the characters and I just became a fan of KJW.. I have watched some of PMY's drama but I enjoy her character here. I have a lot to say but I will do slowly to organize my thoughts..

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kdramaQ said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, what happened to KJW's lower lips? Slight blister it seems. Over kissing?  ;)

I didn't notice that...:huh:@Ameera Ali, please captures and blows it up here....:phew: But I did notice that the kissing in episode 15 wasn't as "rough" as previous episodes, kinda slower and more gentle?? :ph34r: Due to blistered lips?? :lol:

• LOL 7

1 hour ago, Reggiee8 said:

I actually also think that WWWSK had a lot more viewership because PSJ is very popular. Did you see the number of Instagram followers he has?? 8mil??? That's a LOT. I never knew he's THAT popular. 

Comparatively, HPL is more down to earth and sincere. Enjoyed it a lot more :)

PSJ popularity increased greatly after Ssam My Way. Right after the drama ended his first movie ever released with Kang Haneul before his military duty. The movie was a big success which was screened in many countries, hence along with this popularity he held first ever asian fan meeting (6 countries), then joined Youn's Kitchen which achieved the highest rating ever for tvN's variety show. until he took WWWSK; the story itself was based on popular webtoon. no wonder the show gained high ratings because he himself is that popular. I like PSJ as an actor and person, but too bad some shippers of him are immature if i can say honestly. They keep saying they are not being salty a bit to HPL but it clearly shows by how they keep saying like PMY chose wrong drama, she is unhappy or tired doing HPL, the skinship too much, copying WWWSK and so on, even the worst some of them have given uncredited KJW as an actor and a person. like seriously, they take shipping world too much and delusional :rolleyes:

Okay, so sorry if this would be out of topic but i can't control for not saying this subject.

• Like 13
  • Love 2