[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

I love that HPL posts on TVN's official Instagram and YouTube channel always gets the most views and "likes" among its contemporaries.  The TVN YouTube channel even put the show in the center of the banner along with SJK's new show. It used to be on the left side when Abyss premiered. I just thought it was cool they did that even when HPL was close to approaching its end.

Wy3sBQT.jpg

Anyway...

• Like 12

3 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

11 hours ago, jaeuckismylife said:

Hello! Is that true that Studio Dragon has decided not to launch HPL PD cut DVD? 

p.s I am so totally into this drama and fall so deep for this couple. And since this drama will end soon, I need some place to hold on, thats why I created an account :sweatingbullets:

whaat noooo TT__TT

Hopefully it isn't true... the poll is still ongoing

I read it at ppc shipper forum. They seems happy about it. I dont know wheter it’s pd cut or bluray, she just mentioned it as “dvd”. Am a lil bit upset if it’s real. :tears:

I know I shouldn’t visit them and read all those, promise my self won’t do it again. 

• Like 3

As HPL is coming to an end, I'm so glad that I pick this drama up early (I started watching since ep 4) and join this amazing thread despite the fact that the drama did not have any buzz at that time. I really feel that I need to say "thank you" and "you did well" to myself haha. I'm usually a binge-watcher (not sure if it's a word lol) because I get irritated and lose interest in a drama because of the wait, but everything is worth the wait with HPL.

I don't even remember why I decided to watch this drama, maybe because I'm also a fan-girl of an idol group :) I'm not as hardcore as Deok-Mi who basically decorates her apartment into a Shi-An paradise, but I still collect merchandises and attend concerts of my idol, so Deok-Mi is quite relatable to me lol. I have watched 1 1/2 of PMY's dramas (SKKS and 1/2 of WWWSK haha) and I knew KJW's name but haven't watched any of his works before, so I have almost no expectation before watching this drama. But I'm so glad every one prove me wrong, from actors, writers, directors... It has not really been a roller coaster ride emotionally, but the calm and mature vibe of the drama has made me follow it until the end and leave such a great impression about a rom-com.

Hope that the last episode will give us a little bit of Little Lion (I prefer Little Lion more than Little Rabbit mostly due to the cuteness of little Geon-Woo and little Deok-Su, blame them on that haha, but little Deok-Mi is also very cuteee) and his interactions with our LaBit couple. That would be an ideal ending for this drama imo :wub:

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Cara said:

hence along with this popularity he held first ever asian fan meeting (6 countries),

I am sorry correct me if I am wrong but I don't think he was the first??? Lee Dong Wook did 7 countries before him....

Hi Chingus, 

I came late to the game! I have been in a Kdrama rom com slump until last Tuesday. I binge watched HPL and caught up with the episodes over night to Wednesday. I skipped the points when the secondary leads were interrupting the OTP moments too much. Otherwise, I enjoy the other typical Kdrama tropes. Yes, I quietly lurked around the posts last week. I love everyone's comments and the gifs of the OTP kissing. A++ Chingus! hahaha

Episode 15 was by far my favorite because of how they were wrapping up the story and fully emphasizing the connection of all the characters. It was interesting how Deok Mi reacted to her mother's doing of Heo Jae. Throughout the drama, she was consistently happy, supportive and positive. But I realized that her relationship with her mother was rocky in terms of her liking Shi An, wanting to pursue art and working with a terrible boss (referring to the earlier episodes). Her fangirl relationship with Shi An parallels her relationship with her brother Deok Soo. Unreachable in another world. She (subconsciously) hid her memories of Deok Soo like how she (consciously) hid her admiration over Shi An. And when she marries Heo Jae, Shi An would literally be her brother in-law!

On the other hand, I love the character arc of Heo Jae. His memory of Deok Mi's mom abandoning him was so poignant because he was pushed away and he felt the coldness of the floor. There's a shot of his hand touching the floor. That happened during the night time so I infer that the floor is cold. I emphasize the feeling of coldness because as a kid, that memory filled with emotions intensified with the cold sensation in his mind.

He's able to accept and understand Deok Mi's mom because that memory is no longer important to him. He found his biological mom and also truly loves Deok Mi. Love beats everything! Hence, he's able to hold Deok Mi's mom's hand and call her with respect. It was a great gesture full of meaning because he did the same with his own biological mom! Holding hands are definitely a thing in this show and it all started with Deok Mi grabbing Heo Jae's hand to play! 

And we know he had fun living with Deok Mi and her family. We see shots of them playing, running around and also painting on each other's faces! This is why Heo Jae as an artist always painted with his hands! He was expressing himself and coping with his trauma. 

uQxjtqc.jpg

pCTsUfO.jpg

The last scene of episode 15 brought the story back into a full circle. His mom's bubble paintings made him have a creative block and also forced him to go soul searching. Who knew..the soul searching led him to Deok Mi! And as  @Ramenqueen19 mentions, he says “Come to think about it, for the time when I couldn’t draw, perhaps it was meant for me to find something that was more precious. To me, it was you that I found.” By the way, love the analysis you pulled up! 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 7

And about KJW, he’s in another level. He’s not kind of pretty boy and as popular as PSJ, still imo KJW absolutely cant be compared to him.

I knew him since Antique Bakery and adore him until now and become crazier because of those kisses and skinship (anyone here make some mature fanfic pleaaaaaase <_<)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, shynaz said:

My opinion KJW make perfect casting as Ryan and more advance hero than others hero Korea.I want he humble just like this and continue some indie projects or villain actually.. If he want to do rom com continue it will give extra my eyes.. Lol.. 

I love the Japanese look in KJW make me feel fresh and miss all hero Japanese.So  good luck to my oppa for new project. I am so lucky know oppa in this drama.. 

Thank you become Ryan Gold:wub:

SO you too realize that KJW doesn't have the typical korean vibe. I get the Japanese actors vibe also from him though I haven't watch J-dorama for decades. 

I think maybe because of his unusual foreign aura that he is cast as Ryan Gold coz Ryan supposed to be a Korean-American. 

I really wanted to thank the person who cast him or even suggested him. (if only I know who). He/She/They did not know what good deeds have they done. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, jaeuckismylife said:

And about KJW, he’s in another level. He’s not kind of pretty boy and as popular as PSJ, still imo KJW absolutely cant be compared to him.

I knew him since Antique Bakery and adore him until now and become crazier because of those kisses and skinship (anyone here make some mature fanfic pleaaaaaase <_<)

Yes! Not a pretty boy. In fact when I saw the poster, I wasn't really attracted to the show. Started watching cos of PMY.

But he is the dependable, matured sort. That ladies in their 30s want and need to settle down with. Haha thus, the appeal!!

Anyone also also drooling over his fingers? The bony and long fingers make him look kinda rugged. Like been through tough times. He's a man for sure. Lol! And using his left hand! Ah! The charm!!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, cenching said:

I didn't notice that...:huh:@Ameera Ali, please captures and blows it up here....:phew: But I did notice that the kissing in episode 15 wasn't as "rough" as previous episodes, kinda slower and more gentle?? :ph34r: Due to blistered lips?? :lol:

Is that this one? 

Capture-2019-05-30-12-58-10-2.png

What have u done SDM xD xD xD

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Literally when we walks it's like a runway...

Just finished watch ep q5 with sub .. I love the painting scene too it was emotional for me because you could feel and see the  emotion of both actors.. I'm not drama critic actually I go with what I feel and for me overall I loved the story.. 

I do see comments about the story but they are so minimal compare to the number of fans who loves this show. 

PMY nailed it with potraying DM

And my oh my KJW.. he is a revelation.. I must say that PMY is right he acts with his eyes.. I still can't forget that scene where DM put her hand on his chest and said something "u r hurting here or it hurts here" that change in emotion in JaeUck's eyes made it more emotional.. 

I know for sure that I will have a major withdrawal syndrome like a WGM one but I anticipate another drama from this two.. 

The rating was not so good but hey they are always the buzz worthy actors so it just mean that a lot of ppl search about the drama and them.. I saw as well that their vids are in top vids in Naver.

• Like 5

I actually think Ryan Gold's character reflects certain part of KJW's himself :

1 . Ryan Gold was raised in the USA, while KJW himself was raised in Japan until he was 7 years old. Except the difference is that Ryan is still able to speak korean despite living in the USA while KJW can't speak korean at all, he only learned korean when he returned back to Korea at age 7. I'm still wondering how did his family communicate,LOL :sweatingbullets:. because KJW said both his father and his brother are fluent in Japanese while his mother is not, so her mother and him communicated in a weird way. 

2. Ryan Gold is okay with Deok Mi's fangirling behaviour and not judgemental at all. I think same goes with KJW. KJW might understand Ryan's character because he himself is a fanboy. He's a fan of Kurt Cobain and loves rock music very much. 

On a side note, I wish to see PMY in a non romance drama in the future :D. I know dramaland always needs romantic/love line in the drama to boost viewers interest but I wish to see her shine and stand out without having a love line with her co-star because there will always be a new shipping fandom created for her every drama and she's always get caught in the shipping wars.

OCN might be the best place for her because OCN always creates strong female character without the need of love line. In fact, some actresses shines well in the OCN drama. I can only name a few Lee Hana (Voice), Go Ah Sung (Life on Mars), Jung Eun Chae (The Guest) and Seo Yeji (Save Me). Go Ah Sung even received Best Supporting Actress award for Life on Mars and Seo Yeji's performance in Save Me is her breakout role after all bad criticisms she received for her bad acting previously. 

As for KJW, please stay with Management Soop. He's doing well after changed to a new agency. 2018 was actually eventful year for him. He had a theater, a new drama and also promoted his Japan-Korea film too. Plus, I love to see his friendship with Gong Yoo, his labelmate. Last year he went to USA for a vacation after The Guest ended. Surprisingly, I just found out he went to watch NBA champion with Gong Yoo. Glad to know that they're still close. I'm pretty sure he will go for a vacation after HPL ends. 

• Like 17

Knowing that the drama is coming to the end is really saddening.

The whole ep15 was a really good episode for tying up all the loose ends. 

Deokmi learning about her (forgotten) trauma to knowing about her mum was the one that left YoonJae at the orphanage.

YoonJae maturely understanding her family situation that lead to that situation at that point of time. 

We have been guessing that SDM had a car accident before due to the black car reaction which turns up to be true and the brother incident as well. 

Today episodes is probably gonna be a happy ending as expected haha..

I really love how Ryan has so much trust in SDM even though he was hurt himself. 

Kim Jaewook did a really good job in portraying this character, of course I dont deny PMY was the one that got me here from the start but Jaewook did not disappoint me at any point but got me to fall in love with his character here as well..

As someone who watched WWWSK back to back to this HPL. 

I do agree that when the show first started, I couldn’t remove KMS in SDM. But now it is so different that I could easily tell them apart even though the outfits are fairly similar.

As a fan of PMY and I didn’t watch WWWSK when it was showing because i wasn’t a fan of romance genre drama, but I watched it afterwards because the hype was really strong and PMY was in there haha.. 

So now after this ends, I’m gonna watch Voice after this because i’ve heard so much about his role in there!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, TripleNa said:

I actually think Ryan Gold's character reflects certain part of KJW's himself :

1 . Ryan Gold was raised in the USA, while KJW himself was raised in Japan until he was 7 years old. Except the difference is that Ryan is still able to speak korean despite living in the USA while KJW can't speak korean at all, he only learned korean when he returned back to Korea at age 7. I'm still wondering how did his family communicate,LOL :sweatingbullets:. because KJW said both his father and his brother are fluent in Japanese while his mother is not, so her mother and him communicated in a weird way. 

2. Ryan Gold is okay with Deok Mi's fangirling behaviour and not judgemental at all. I think same goes with KJW. KJW might understand Ryan's character because he himself is a fanboy. He's a fan of Kurt Cobain and loves rock music very much. 

On a side note, I wish to see PMY in a non romance drama in the future :D. I know dramaland always needs romantic/love line in the drama to boost viewers interest but I wish to see her shine and stand out without having a love line with her co-star because there will always be a new shipping fandom created for her every drama and she's always get caught in the shipping wars.

OCN might be the best place for her because OCN always creates strong female character without the need of love line. In fact, some actresses shines well in the OCN drama. I can only name a few Lee Hana (Voice), Go Ah Sung (Life on Mars), Jung Eun Chae (The Guest) and Seo Yeji (Save Me). Go Ah Sung even received Best Supporting Actress award for Life on Mars and Seo Yeji's performance in Save Me is her breakout role after all bad criticisms she received for her bad acting previously. 

As for KJW, please stay with Management Soop. He's doing well after changed to a new agency. 2018 was actually eventful year for him. He had a theater, a new drama and also promoted his Japan-Korea film too. Plus, I love to see his friendship with Gong Yoo, his labelmate. Last year he went to USA for a vacation after The Guest ended. Surprisingly, I just found out he went to watch NBA champion with Gong Yoo. Glad to know that they're still close. I'm pretty sure he will go for a vacation after HPL ends. 

1) I think it is normal for kids that raised in overseas tho he might not be able the mother tongue but he can understands it. I guess KJW at that time understands what his mom said but he may replied in Japanese. His mom must understands him somehow. She might not be fluent, but i guess she understands him. 

2) Good to know that he is close with Gong Yoo even after long time Coffee Prince ended. Gong Yoo to is another level actor. He only do dramas every 5 years. The rest he just focus on movies. These actors they do not care about popularity. They go for scripts and character development. 

• Like 7