[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

throwback fangirling mode:wub:

kim-jae-wook.gif

tumblr_ppyp6m6Zdq1wsuo8ro1_500.gif

------------------------------------------------

I was surprised about that DMs-brother-out-of-nowhere story line, but i’ll take it anytime, rather than they-break-up story line, i'm glad they did not went to that route because after showing their maturity (DM&RG) in this drama, it will look like they are immature people if they suddenly break-up because of that revelation.

yPX9k7s.gif

q15tMrR.gif

----------

Happy memories

Spoiler

tumblr_probdi7eYS1v4yh6eo6_r1_400.giftumblr_probdi7eYS1v4yh6eo7_400.gif

tumblr_probdi7eYS1v4yh6eo2_400.giftumblr_probdi7eYS1v4yh6eo5_400.gif

tumblr_probdi7eYS1v4yh6eo4_r1_400.gif

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

Hey, whoever said that this drama has to much kiss or too fluffy just don't get it. First of all, if U have a boyfriend like Ryan Gold, U are crazy if you just kiss him once or twice. Don't forget that Deok Mi is a fangirl (fangirl always love fanfictions) and we see for our selves that her imagination is wild (blindfold kiss imagination). She got a boyfriend that is amazingly handsome and her type, can be cute, very caring and overal has good personality (always saying sorry first), having the same passion in art, and understanding to her hobby as a fangirl: almost too good to be true. If I am Deok Mi, I'll also will shower him with love, hug and kisses. It is illogical if the writer opt for less skinship. I think other TvN Drama, Another Oh Hae Young also has a lot of kisses, true to the OTP character.

I do also think that people who comment that PMY character or the HPL plot is too similar to WWWSK just don't get it. WWWSK use childhood story as plot device to bridge different social status between the OTP (chaebol and her secretary) and due to his trauma YJ cannot be with other adult women: Miso is his one and only. While in HPL their bond is through the same passion: art, their childhood connection is not the reason that they are together now.

In WWWSK YJ chose to hide his identity for 9 years, sacrificing himself, so Mi So won't get hurt, but finally made a move coz he was not willing to loose her. In HPL nothing was kept secret for too long, when the pain from the past appear, they handled it together maturely. Between two dramas, there are vast differences in OTP characters and how they handled issues in their relationship.

I love HPL, but I also still love WWWSK (I love PSJ since One Warm Words). Both HPL and WWWSK in my opinion are good rom-com kdrama. And oh I also still loves Healer so much.

No wonder PMY, fastly agree to work in HPL right after WWWSK, because she was falling in love and cannot forget DM character. Here in HPL, Deok Mi is a bold girl who do not afraid to take the lead (Mi So is more pure, at one time she felt that YJ was moving too fast in their relationship). There are similarity between Deok Mi and Mi So, that they are a sweet cheerful girl who competent and professional in their job, but poor Mi So did not have a luxury of work-life balance, while Deok Mi does balance her work with her private life. I think PMY briliant in both roles.

Through her acting, I can see Young Shin, Mi So and Deok Mi as different personality. So kudos to her. PMY's acting shines more if she is paired with a co-star with a good acting skill (remember that trainwreck drama involving ever beautiful mr. Hand Towel_the most handsome of PMY's co-star_ where PMY's acting was wasted, and OTP was not believable). Ji Chang Wook, Park Seo Joon and Kim Jae Wook, all very handsome with good acting skill, so their collaboration with PMY are resulting in some of the best Kdrama OTP pairings, even initiate the fanwar between shippers. As for me, I'll be happy for PMY, whoever she chose as a real life partner.

Which one is Mr hand towel?? 

anyone else is crying at the last scene when Ryan reveals the painting? Or is it just me? 

I find that scene is so sweet and touching at the same time. 

Ryan's tone, the painting as background and the way he looks at Deok Mi. 

It is full of love and hope that is just so good to see. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dramageek said:

Ji Chang Wook, Park Seo Joon and Kim Jae Wook, all very handsome with good acting skill, so their collaboration with PMY are resulting in some of the best Kdrama OTP pairings

You forgot 7DQ -- she also had great chemistry with Yun Woo Jin (tho you might not like him (my guess) but in my opinion he has good acting skill too).

But as of now, no one beats RYAN GOLD.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, sksen said:

You forgot 7DQ -- she also had great chemistry with Yun Woo Jin (tho you might not like him but in my opinion he has good acting skill too).

But as of now, no one beats RYAN GOLD.

damn right!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Nawww different places of worship

KJW not only make woman fall in love with him...now this Ahn Bo Hyun is posing like KJW hyung..ekekekekkekeke ABH definitely love KJW too :w00t:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

KJW not only make woman fall in love with him...now this Ahn Bo Hyun is posing like KJW hyung..ekekekekkekeke ABH definitely love KJW too :w00t:

That scene where Ryan visited Eun Gi at the judo center and talked about their childhood...I could feel the chemistry!  :w00t:

• LOL 5

7 hours ago, jaeuckismylife said:

Hello! Is that true that Studio Dragon has decided not to launch HPL PD cut DVD? 

p.s I am so totally into this drama and fall so deep for this couple. And since this drama will end soon, I need some place to hold on, thats why I created an account :sweatingbullets:

whaat noooo TT__TT

Hopefully it isn't true... the poll is still ongoing

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

So here's the kneitz response:

[Her Private Life] Ep 15 spoilers, Park Min Young & Kim Jae Wook

Hide contents

Article: Naver 'Her Private Life' "More precious than paintings" Kim Jae Wook forgives Kim Mi Kyung  Park Min Young's portrait as a gift  

1. [+545,-19]
Ryan~ His soft eyes, gestures, the way he speaks.. and even his every move, everything about him is so sweet.. Kim Jae Wook is getting his title of the romcom king from this drama. 

2. [+319,-52]
I really hope Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook date in real life... They are born in '83, and '86, even their age difference shows their chemistry as a couple. ♡ I really like them^^ To add, that lion brat. ㅜㅜ I'm a man, but I think I'm falling for him too. ㅜㅜ
- [+53,-2]
I'm not sure if the two really have feelings for each other... But I think this is too delusional and burdensome for them. 

7. [+47,-2]
Ah~ What should I do with Kim Jae Wook's corrupted beauty that's overflowing? ㅠㅠ He's just too cool. ㅠㅠ

Reveal hidden contents

park.png

Article: Naver 'Her Private Life' Park Min Young discovers Kim Mi Kyung had sent Kim Jae Wook to the orphanage in the past 'shocked'

1. [+51,-3]
I was hit by Kim Jae Wook multple times today. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

cr. melowah

Love the positive vibes - KJW is PERFECT to being a rom com King betwitching many fans. Was the first few comments from this thread lol!  :lol:

I agree with the bold ones 

YAAY for more romcom for KJW...

but probably he won't take one right away... :phew:

2 hours ago, tensaitekikuroneko said:

IAbout comparisons with WWWSK:

Hide contents

To people who say the dramas are similar - are we watching the same drama?

1. The drama has made the leads here equal in everything to the greatest extent - while the power imbalance was obnoxious in WWWSK.

2. The childhood plotline seemed to be a cover for the power imbalance in WWWSK, and here it was a red herring which made us think the leads would break up but they didn't.

3. The character of Mi So was pretty bland there, and had no quirks. Deok Mi has a 3D personality and is a very sweet yet relatable character.

4. Brothers - the family bond there didn't seem half as strong as it was here

5. Lastly the male lead of WWWSK can't hold a candle to Ryan Gold personality wise. Not now, not ever.

Neither of it got resolved in the end. Even in the webtoon, after the secy gets pregnant, the ML reduces her responsibilities without asking her or consulting her on anything. It makes me mad whenever I think about it. That's why RG wins - DM is a partner who knows everything and has the right to take part in his decisions, while most of these chaebol-secy dynamic couples has the male lead acting like a guardian/parent to the female lead. Not. Charming. At. All.

I am not being harsh because I didn't like it - I am speaking as someone who was obsessed with WWWSK and read all of its webtoon till the end - before HPL came along and swept me off my feet.

Please recommend me more stuff - novels, webtoons, dramas, anything from this particular writer! I love her. I absolutely love her.

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Hide contents

I love Mi So because she was very different from the rom-com leads I was used too, but she wasn't really fleshed out very well. In my preferred alternate universe, the show should have built on the potential of the first episode and made the story about Mi So finding out what she really wanted in life. In the end everything was buried under the supposed love between them, but I never really felt they connected as people, and they were never really equals in that relationship. Sure, the actors' chemistry was smashing, and Park Seo Joon did a super awesome job at making LYJ even likeable; at the hands of a lesser actor I would have loathed the character through and through. Ryan Gold is pretty much a cinnamon roll, too good, too pure for this world, but I think the K-drama world desperately needed him to counter the normalized toxic masculinity of every other male lead in its history. This is the standard of what women deserve; we can no longer accept the misogyny and disrespect built into male leads as romantic. :P Anyway, that went off the rails, but the point is I totes agree with your points. :lol:

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

Hide contents

I was upset yesterday because someone commented that HPL is copying WWWSK about the past connection and HPL did it with lesser quality :crazy: I mean.. it's a Korean drama! How many dramas in South Korea that the leads will be turned out to have past connection? Watch Kill Me Heal Me and the lead will have past connection too. :rage: Why always dragging HPL?? tsk.. Sorry for my rant :D

58 minutes ago, Dramageek said:

Hey, whoever said that this drama has to much kiss or too fluffy just don't get it. First of all, if U have a boyfriend like Ryan Gold, U are crazy if you just kiss him once or twice. Don't forget that Deok Mi is a fangirl (fangirl always love fanfictions) and we see for our selves that her imagination is wild (blindfold kiss imagination). She got a boyfriend that is amazingly handsome and her type, can be cute, very caring and overal has good personality (always saying sorry first), having the same passion in art, and understanding to her hobby as a fangirl: almost too good to be true. If I am Deok Mi, I'll also will shower him with love, hug and kisses. It is illogical if the writer opt for less skinship. I think other TvN Drama, Another Oh Hae Young also has a lot of kisses, true to the OTP character.

I do also think that people who comment that PMY character or the HPL plot is too similar to WWWSK just don't get it. WWWSK use childhood story as plot device to bridge different social status between the OTP (chaebol and her secretary) and due to his trauma YJ cannot be with other adult women: Miso is his one and only. While in HPL their bond is through the same passion: art, their childhood connection is not the reason that they are together now.

In WWWSK YJ chose to hide his identity for 9 years, sacrificing himself, so Mi So won't get hurt, but finally made a move coz he was not willing to loose her. In HPL nothing was kept secret for too long, when the pain from the past appear, they handled it together maturely. Between two dramas, there are vast differences in OTP characters and how they handled issues in their relationship.

I love HPL, but I also still love WWWSK (I love PSJ since One Warm Words). Both HPL and WWWSK in my opinion are good rom-com kdrama. And oh I also still loves Healer so much.

No wonder PMY, fastly agree to work in HPL right after WWWSK, because she was falling in love and cannot forget DM character. Here in HPL, Deok Mi is a bold girl who do not afraid to take the lead (Mi So is more pure, at one time she felt that YJ was moving too fast in their relationship). There are similarity between Deok Mi and Mi So, that they are a sweet cheerful girl who competent and professional in their job, but poor Mi So did not have a luxury of work-life balance, while Deok Mi does balance her work with her private life. I think PMY briliant in both roles.

Through her acting, I can see Young Shin, Mi So and Deok Mi as different personality. So kudos to her. PMY's acting shines more if she is paired with a co-star with a good acting skill (remember that trainwreck drama involving ever beautiful mr. Hand Towel_the most handsome of PMY's co-star_ where PMY's acting was wasted, and OTP was not believable). Ji Chang Wook, Park Seo Joon and Kim Jae Wook, all very handsome with good acting skill, so their collaboration with PMY are resulting in some of the best Kdrama OTP pairings, even initiate the fanwar between shippers

About comparisons...you guys said what's in my mind

Spoiler

I think ppl cant help comparing cuz it's PMY and it's drama with the same genre... Many still see her as Secretary Kim who's also very competent in her work... She rocked that role so it's a...compliment? But I said it before in this thread, that Deokmi is a different girl. She's sweet as Miso...but she has some sass and sarcasm =)) She pursues her own dreams and isn't afraid to take a lead in her relationship. I really loved WWWSK I read all of the webtoon chapters even before the drama ended =))) PSJ did such a marvelous job to portray Young Joon so he becomes rather silly and likeable... like one of the soompiers mentioned, until the end, there's still obvious power inequality between them. He still makes decisions for her, instead of talking to her... and I'm sad Miso doesn't really find her dream (though it's written as if being his secretary is her dream anyway).

What I don't like when ppl comparing both dramas is because some of them hated HPL cuz the pairing isn't their ship (my pet peeves about drama shipping... I was also upset about ppl shipping ERIC and Hyunjin then badmouthed Eric when he announced his REAL marriage #bleh)... Their dislike on the pairing or ppl shipping Jaewook and Minyoung make them nitpicking HPL and put it down below WWWSK. Sure, rating-wise, it's lower. But it's not flopping in any sense (it creates buzz and new recognition+love for KJW as an actor). Story-wise...name a drama (particularly romcom) that has no childhood connection...almost none. Even HEALER had one :sweatingbullets: The way those dramas handle this childhood connection are also different... So, it's too far-fetched to be compared tbvh.

I don't like that some people used WWWSK as a comparison to HPL just because of that stoopid shipping thing. What drives me mad is also the fact that some of them badmouth Kim Jaewook... He's got so much unwarranted hate when he's just acting and bringing Ryan Gold to life marvelously... (in Deokmi word: I CAN'T HOLD IT IF YOU BADMOUTH MY BABY -- lol) 

About skinship...I can't believe my irl friend also complains about too much kisses and she thinks it's because the rating is bad, so the writer has to sell kisses and she also says 'it's more than WWWSK...like GOSH...it's a TWO DIFFERENT DRAMAS.

Different person different opinion... I won't be complaining about mature and natural skinship between couples...and most kisses in this drama are good anyway with context and emotions...no dead-fish kisses lol

1 hour ago, mmac80 said:

@Ondine that line from Deokmi stood out to me as well. It's so refreshing. It's one of my favorite lines in the series along with:

I can't put pic on quote...but im curious where did you watch one with both KR and ENG subtitle?

I want KR subtitle T_T

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

In my preferred alternate universe, the show should have built on the potential of the first episode and made the story about Mi So finding out what she really wanted in life.

SNAPS! Same. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kdramaQ said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, what happened to KJW's lower lips? Slight blister it seems. Over kissing?  ;)

Looks like a bit swollen. Too much kissing? :yum: Maybe someone bit it. :joy: (I'm looking at you, Deok Mi!) or maybe it was bitten by mosquito like Geon Woo's eye. :lol: 

• LOL 8

Ryan is an angel. The morning after is adorable, and Ryan is hilariously bad at cooking. Helping Deok-mi apply lipstick is a lovely act of intimacy. I liked the scenes of him with Deok-mi's mother, and also that chat with Eun-gi. The birthday gift was a nice touch, but a bit rushed. Everything else not Ryan didn't register with me (okay, I lied, cuz everything else that was not Ryan made me angry).

Anyway, Kim Jae-wook looked hot in that beige shirt towards the end. His outfit during the chat with Eun-gi was also nice.

• Like 6