Quantcast
Jump to content
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

Recommended Posts

Sighs! Anybody talking about a happy ending on any social media, I swear if I come across again ... 

 

I don’t care about a happy ending (which we will probably get), cause we won’t be there to see them being active in the bedroom or outside ... 

 

I want to see it before! 

 

Can’t we concentrate on the lack of romance and full of angst they are busy showing ... I mean there’s only 6 bloody hours left! 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 4
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Sighs! Anybody talking about a happy ending on any social media, I swear if I come across again ... 

 

I don’t care about a happy ending (which we will probably get), cause we won’t be there to see them being active in the bedroom or outside ... 

 

I want to see it before! 

 

Can’t we concentrate on the lack of romance and full of angst they are busy showing ... I mean there’s only 6 bloody hours left! 

 

 

Thats my concern too! :((( i want more kisses and at least a make out scene :'( too much chemistry to be wasted with crying and secrets

Edited by triplem
Please do not quote images (pics, IG , YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just had a blonde moment. After rewatching the preview for next week, KD will erase LYS's memories? The main question is that will he erase all of it or just the part when he saved her and she saw his wings? Seems like it could be all of it. :(

 

*I seriously can't with this!* <_<

186b4745-baa0-4a7c-9523-e69300df9fc2-ori

 

If that turns out to be true, as mentioned, the writer will probably go towards the route that Goblin did too. Seriously...Goblin was so depressing towards the end. I just couldn't stop crying when JET's memories were erased by the grim reaper after KS disappeared. It was so heartbreaking to watch! 

 

*This scene still haunts me till this day and forever!* :tears:

38c388f6-de36-4ca6-aade-908fe6c23713-ori

 

  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Liting1 He erases the memory of that night. First I thought just her seeing him in wings ... but I guess he erases the whole kidnapping bit.

 

There’s one scene where she is looking at her wrist. She feels something was amiss. She goes back to where she’s standing and probably gets it all back. 

 

Btw, @Ni Wen brought to my attention ... The outfit she is wearing ... the day of her going all Sherlock homes ... it’s the same one where they wished for the soccer match. 

 

OMG! That scene made me cry! Like literally. I’m not even a big fan of the leads ... I watched the show from a very calm and appreciative perspective. It’s not like I don’t appreciate all the shows I watch till the end! But that scene ... I feel like watching it again! 

 

Other than the romance .... I’m really looking forward to those kind of sadist scenes between the leads. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ameera Ali Damn your good gifs! :mrgreen:The last one with Kang Woo watching Ni Na giving her best dance so far and looking very beautiful made me crave for more and i ended up watching his scenes (only) with subs. 

I hate myself for being so weak!   I guess it's more easy to give up a drama at ep 4 than at ep10.:tears:

But i don't blame you: the subs changed my perception of what happened to Kang Woo, and  i found a way to accept this new development.      

 

@iffy21 posted a Soompi's article which said :   

 

Quote

While Ji Kang Woo (played by Lee Dong Gun) is the brilliant art director of a ballet company, it was recently revealed that he was also an angel in charge of the arts. After losing his girlfriend Choi Seol Hee (played by Shin Hye Sun) 15 years ago, he meets Lee Yeon Seo, who looks like his ex-girlfriend, and he strongly supports her return to ballet. Angels who fall in love with humans meet a swift demise, proving that Ji Kang Woo is currently living in punishment as a human. However, what exactly was he aiming to see by having Lee Yeon Seo perform Giselle? How does Ji Kang Woo define love, as an angel who is soon to meet his tragic end?

 

For me he isn't: being  human was never a punishment for him. The punishment was to live alone on earth  without Seol Hee, the woman he married and with who he wanted to spent all his human life. He always has been on the human beings side, against the angels (that he criticized systematically) and  his lines  during the long sequence where he tried to kill himself confirmed that becoming human was a sincere wish. That's why he could gather the courage  to confront the deity: he had a double reason to stop being an angel. And it's also why he could survive in the human world for so long while being neither dead or alive: despite his deep loneliness, it's where his place is. 

Thoses last episodes proved that he made it: he's finally human.  

 

With the subs, his scenes in ep9 and his discussion in ep 10 with Hu made sense and reveal in fact a a major character development: his abrupt decision to abandon Seol Hee is based on desire to live fully as a human.

 He reached a point where he wants to break free from the despair that made so far his life worthless. His connection with Yeon Seol was what sparked the awareness that he's ready to let go. A connection that started even before their first meeting during the car accident where he called an ambulance and saved her life too. It was before when he learnt that she tried to kill herself and he rooted for her to live. For me, being forced to find reasons for her to survive has certainly created a hole in his convictions about life and death. It was the first step.     

 

The thing that tied him to Seol Hee long for so long after her death was an excruciating guilt for cheating death  while she lost her life, a culpability that  fueled his darkest thoughts and made his life a torment. He projected those negative feelings on his new version of Giselle where lovers who truly love each other must die together. But Yeon Seo's rejection of this version and obstination to defend Giselle or rather Seol Hee's love for him (despite the fact she lost her life because of him) destroyed his conviction. Her interpretation of Giselle  was a deconstruction of the idea that Seol Hee would feel anything but sadness in death: she was in pain because she had to let go of her love when she wasn't done with her feelings as said by Yeon Seo, not because she hated him. Because It's Yeon Seo, someone who wanted to die but  had to survive just like him, because she looks like Seol Hee and so it felt like something that  Seol Hee could have said, her words had a special weight and it was how he freed himself of the darkness inside him, making room for life. 

Being at peace, he could finally put the ring back with her ashes. 

 

What i'm trying to say here, is that an interpretation of Kang Woo's change of heart that is not based on romantic feelings for Yeon Seo is possible at this stage, and that's the one i chose to pick over the one offered by the drama.   

I'm bittersweet about this radical development: living fully like a human is everything that i wanted for him because he was clearly craving it, but losing Seol Hee hurts a lot. :tears: 

 

However i can't ignore his romantic feelings for Yeon Seo entirely since the drama  focuses on them.

For me, if Kang Woo is free of his torment and physically strongly attracted  to Yeon Seo, he's  not yet in love with Yeon Seo.

He didn't submerged her under passionate declarations or dramatic romantic gestures in Dan's style but just offered her to lean on him with the promise of  always staying at her side and never running away.

Letting go of Seol Hee has open room for new relationships, new bonds but his heart is mostly a empy place that needs to be filled. At this stage, all he can offer to Yeon Seo is the truth about his past and the desire to create something meaningful and stable. He clearly chose to not lie about what he's offering  by making it more than it could be.        

So why Yeon Seo and not Ni Na?  He already disclosed to her few very  personal infos about himself and she showed a curiosity for what happened to him.  She has shown a desire of understanding why he is so hurt: she made the connection between his interpretation of the lovers fate in Giselle and what happened to his friend who was a ballerina. She heard with attention his words on the beach and she gave him hope that she would be at his side to help him go through the endless tunnel in which he was stuck. Loneliness is the hardest thing that Kang Woo had to suffer and the flashbacks of her promise to do it together (during his discussion with Hu) showed that her words really hit home for him.     

Add to that his new attraction - the PD is still using pieces of the dance scene: this time to express Kang Woo's feelings but i won't comment it more since i have already  shared plenty times my interpretation on what it did to him - that fuel his desire to be closer to her, and you get that why he's so determined to tell her about his past and so hopeful that it could change her heart. 

So far, it seems that he can only  be crushed but i don't think he can avoid to try: to be hurt when she rejects his feelings, to be frustrated when she ignores his calls and demands to talk, to be forced to watch her with another man and suffer in silence, that's a part of the process of being human.

 

However, i'm still not rooting for them for a lot of reasons:

  • she's focused on Dan only
  • She is still immature as proved by the way she reacts in her relationship with Dan: she's like a teen girl falling in love (the part where she cut violently  the petals of the flowers while waiting for him to return) without much reflection on what's happening between them despite the advices and warnings she's receiving from Ms Jung to not trust a man that  keeps running away.
  • In romance, she leaves in her dreams, adn the results is that she idealizes her relationship: she doesn't love Dan for the "man" he is since she knows of him only what he said about himself but an ideal, a version of him that fit her idea of epic love (unique and eternel).   
  • She's naive in love : she believes everything that Dan says and asks nothing in return. When she was at the church to search for Dan, she realized that she knew nothing about him and his past or present life outside her, but when just after Kang Woo pointed that Dan could be deceiving her, she rejected his comment  without giving it any consideration.
  • It's ironic how the things she forbade Kang Woo to do in ep 9 like meddling with her life in order to influence how she feels and on who she depends on or cry over are exactly the things Dan has been doing to her since he entered her life, sometimes behind her back.

 

On Kim Dan, i guess i was too naive too believe that they would work together:  the war is on between the human who became an angel and the angel who became a human. I haven't seen yet all Kim Dan's scenes with subs (only the ones that refer to Kang Woo) but i feel like Dan is losing himself dangerously, that he actually crossed the red line between good and bad few times. I'm worried about how far he will go: 

  • I'm not surprised he broke into Kang Woo's office and search his affairs like it was normal, that's why angels do in this world: breaking human privacy.
  • I'm surprised however that he didn't seem more curious about Seol Hee,  especially why she looked like Yeon Seo. I suppose he guessed that she died but he didn't even ask how and why she died, how did Kang Woo met her, etc. I mean i expected him to be more shocked. 
  •  He reached a new peak in his need of control and possessiveness: it's not up to him to appoint how qualify or not to be a love interest for Yeon Seo. He's basically redefining alone his mission by excluding Kang Woo and making himself the only winner of the competition.
  • He's becoming greedy: after recovering his memory, he should have understood that he was given a second chance to say goodbye to the people that he left behind but instead he blamed his father on his death bed and refuse to give up on Yeon Seo. There's no riddle left here. The answers were all given by the ederly women when she died: she showed him the right way to react to separation and injustice but he's refusing it.    
  • He thinks too higly of himself: as someone special like Kang Woo said who deserve a different ending from the ederly angel and his wife, from the "young angel" that Kang Woo and Hu mentioned. 
  • He knows after Hu and Kang Woo's warning that Yeon Seo is in danger but still takes the risk to stay at her side as if the consequences will only be for him and he could deal with it alone.
  • He clearly suffers from a superiority complex because of his powers and his status of angel as he showed to Kang Woo in few conversations: thinking that someone like him can not be pushed in the fiery pit, telling Kang Woo to obey the angel, calling him a foolish and weak human being. He made negative comments before about humans beings and their lies and their foolish way to love. Clearly his only reason to become human is  Yeon Seo, which for me means he's not suited to live among humans anymore.

 

On Kang Woo's other relationships:

  • There's no hope of salvaging the relationship between Ni Na and Kang Woo after the last events: she spread once again a fake rumor but this time his reputation was attacked too. He was obviously done with her at the end of their confrontation. Her family trying to kill Yeon Seo made them definitively enemies.
  • The meeting with Elena and her intervention  make sense only for me in connection of the rumor that Ni Na spread about Yeon Seo and Kang Woo. I think he will suffer all the consequences: Ru Na was looking for reasons to fire him and she won't miss the opportunity, especially after her failure at the attempt to kill Yeon Seo that will  lead him without a doubt to turn his wrath against her. If Elena doesn't take his place - as foolish as she seems to be she did a good job with Ni Na at the audition - then i don't know at all why she has been forced in the story.
  • I really loved his conversation with Hu:  not only the  archangel showed a sincere respect for Kang Woo (he's the only one with Yeon Seo to have praised him) and seemed deeply moved by his story, but Kang Woo opened his heart to someone for the first time since a very long time and was able to share his dreams. I didn't need any more evidence that Kang Woo is a good guy but i love to collect them: here he   tried despite all his biais against angels to warn Hu about Kim Dan in order to give him a chance to save the situation for everyone.
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I don't want Yeon Seo to forget.....has anybody here seen Just Like Heaven.....I want a ending like that

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Okay, I don't want Yeon Seo to forget.....has anybody here seen Just Like Heaven.....I want a ending like that

 

 

She won’t lose her memory. She will get it back. Eventually. 

 

What do you think is happening here? :lol:

 

ezgif-1-5e0c80528c6c.gif

 

They won’t go the Goblin way. I would be more worried if she lost all her past memories with Dan. An other concern of mine is, if she ends up remembering, I hope her facts don’t end up being wrong. Her asking him, So You Never Loved Me? I wonder where she is coming from? What made her say that? @briseis Put some light on this! :lol:

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

 

On Kim Dan, i guess i was too naive too believe that they would work together:  the war is on between the human who became an angel and the angel who became a human. I haven't seen yet all Kim Dan's scenes with subs (only the ones that refer to Kang Woo) but i feel like Dan is losing himself dangerously, that he actually crossed the red line between good and bad few times. I'm worried about how far he will go: 

  • I'm not surprised he broke into Kang Woo's office and search his affairs like it was normal, that's why angels do in this world: breaking human privacy.
  • I'm surprised however that he didn't seem more curious about Seol Hee,  especially why she looked like Yeon Seo. I suppose he guessed that she died but he didn't even ask how and why she died, how did Kang Woo met her, etc. I mean i expected him to be more shocked. 
  •  He reached a new peak in his need of control and possessiveness: it's not up to him to appoint how qualify or not to be a love interest for Yeon Seo. He's basically redefining alone his mission by excluding Kang Woo and making himself the only winner of the competition.
  • He's becoming greedy: after recovering his memory, he should have understood that he was given a second chance to say goodbye to the people that he left behind but instead he blamed his father on his death bed and refuse to give up on Yeon Seo. There's no riddle left here. The answers were all given by the ederly women when she died: she showed him the right way to react to separation and injustice but he's refusing it.    
  • He thinks too higly of himself: as someone special like Kang Woo said who deserve a different ending from the ederly angel and his wife, from the "young angel" that Kang Woo and Hu mentioned. 
  • He knows after Hu and Kang Woo's warning that Yeon Seo is in danger but still takes the risk to stay at her side as if the consequences will only be for him and he could deal with it alone.
  • He clearly suffers from a superiority complex because of his powers and his status of angel as he showed to Kang Woo in few conversations: thinking that someone like him can not be pushed in the fiery pit, telling Kang Woo to obey the angel, calling him a foolish and weak human being. He made negative comments before about humans beings and their lies and their foolish way to love. Clearly his only reason to become human is  Yeon Seo, which for me means he's not suited to live among humans anymore.

 

 

 I shorten your comment as I think you bring up interesting point about Dan. I do wonder how far he could go before becoming bad. would he stop to reflect before he reached no turning point. but I really can see why he act this way as he have suddenly got his memory back about his past witch have shocked him. also he do not have anyone to really talk  about this and do not have any bassis to knowing how to react so in the end he is a confused person acting on impulse. witch like you say is a dangerous forse that could end in destruction... I do not know if he is really have superiority complex as to me he is allot more naive about humans emotions and do not really understand them, eve his own. even tough he clearly is falling for Yeon seo I do not think he really understand the concept of love. to me he still is processing every new emotion he is feeling and trying to understand them. He slowly start do analyse what happens around Yeon seo so I am sure he soon gonna start to protect her from the people that want to hurt her. 

 

I think both Dan and Yoen seo have still lesson to learn about love and what it means to love someone. so predict there is still some twist to come.  I really hope Dan never lose some of his good nature as I think it maybe gonna save him in the end. I think he deserve happiness after what he went true as kid. I think they both deserve it! 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

 

She won’t lose her memory. She will get it back. Eventually. 

 

What do you think is happening here? :lol:

 

They won’t go the Goblin way. I would be more worried if she lost all her past memories with Dan. An other concern of mine is, if she ends up remembering, I hope her facts don’t end up being wrong. Her asking him, So You Never Loved Me? I wonder where she is coming from? What made her say that? @briseis Put some light on this! :lol:

I think you put too much faith in my ability to analyse and predict what's going to happen considering this show has proven to be rather unpredictable. However, I wouldn't get stressed over it too much. I suspect that it probably won't be Dan who tinkers with YS's memory because other than his healing ability and his wings appearing when it rains he is pretty much human, unless the writer will give him a new ability out of nowhere which would really disappoint me. However, I would say YS will either suffer a temporary memory loss due to the trauma and shock of the incident or far more likely, it will be Hoo who will make her forget the incident because he is the one who is trying to separate Dan from YS the most at this point.

 

Regarding YS's quote that Dan never really loved her, she will probably retain her memories and find out that Dan is SW and Dan will reveal to her the whole truth, including that his mission was to make her fall in love so she will naturally get the wrong idea and I think that the fact that it all started as a mission coming back to bite Dan was in the game from the very beginning so it was only a matter of time. However, I don't think that the angst will last too long.

  • Like 5
  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think you put too much faith in my ability to analyse and predict what's going to happen considering this show has proven to be rather unpredictable. However, I wouldn't get stressed over it too much. I suspect that it probably won't be Dan who tinkers with YS's memory because other than his healing ability and his wings appearing when it rains he is pretty much human, unless the writer will give him a new ability out of nowhere which would really disappoint me. However, I would say YS will either suffer a temporary memory loss due to the trauma and shock of the incident or far more likely, it will be Hoo who will make her forget the incident because he is the one who is trying to separate Dan from YS the most at this point.

 

Regarding YS's quote that Dan never really loved her, she will probably retain her memories and find out that Dan is SW and Dan will reveal to her the whole truth, including that his mission was to make her fall in love so she will naturally get the wrong idea and I think that the fact that it all started as a mission could come bite Dan back was in the game from the very beginning so it was only a matter of time. However, I don't think that the angst will last too long.

 

Because I enjoy reading them and they are practical. :lol: And you end up thinking something that I miss. :lol:

 

It’s unpredictable to all of us. That’s why I’m shocked couple of my predictions really came true. 

 

But the show being unpredictable ... isn’t the beauty of it?! 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do they look so good together?! 

 

And I’m so happy to see Dan in Green! I’m seriously not kidding ... Green and Purple are my two favourite colours.

 

And OTPs wearing ‘em! :bawling:

 

ezgif-1-bab41c3da006.gif

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts:  Kim Dan became YS’s guardian angel because when he was a boy, it was his wish to be a grown up so he can protect YS.  Even though he was not able to fulfill that as a human because he died, he was given that chance to protect as an angel.

Right now, Kim Dan is at the point where he has to choose between what he wants (desires) or what God wants him to do (mission) even if it doesn’t make sense to him.   So in a sense, it’s a test of his faith and obedience to God.

I think if he chooses the 1st option, he will end up like Kang Woo but if he chooses the 2nd option, he and YS will get his happy ending.

I think the mistake of Kang woo is he tried to put his own desires before his mission (justifying his decision that God would want be to be happy) so he ended up losing what he wanted the most.

I think if Kim Dan chooses to give up YS (in effect sacrificing what he wants the most) is how he will actually be rewarded and end up being with her.

 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning :blush:

 

Rewatching since ep 1,  I'm curiuos about the scene YS jumped from the bridge.

What happened next ?  Did Dan saved her or she just changed her mind and swam up by herself ?

At first I think there would be flashback later , but now 20 episode has passed but no revisit to that scene.

Or does it contain some important thing that the writer intends to hide this secret from us, probably related to how the story will end ? 

 

Another thing is ...where is Gu Reum ? 

The last time I saw the dog is when YS practiced to walk. She got no one left so Gu Reum became important to her.

But later after she found Dan again in the garden and both became lover, then the dog was completely neglected....so poor  :sweat_smile:

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Good morning :blush:

 

Rewatching since ep 1,  I'm curiuos about the scene YS jumped from the bridge.

What happened next ?  Did Dan saved her or she just changed her mind and swam up by herself ?

At first I think there would be flashback later , but now 20 episode has passed but no revisit to that scene.

Or does it contain some important thing that the writer intends to hide this secret from us, probably related to how the story will end ?

 

Don’t watch it now! Let’s watch it when the show ends and we all go into depression! 

 

I thought since Public saw her jumping from the bridge, somebody called 911 and saved her. 

 

Or was it KW? The way he saved Dan from drowning. 

 

 

3 minutes ago, immorethant said:

 

 

Another thing is ...where is Gu Reum ? 

The last time I saw the dog is when YS practiced to walk. She got no one left so Gu Reum became important to her.

But later after she found Dan again in the garden and both became lover, then the dog was completely neglected....so poor  :sweat_smile:

 

He is jealous that his Miss is busy romancing an Angel. He is plotting to reveal his identity. 

  • LOL 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched about 20 mins of episode 10 and had to hit pause. When I finished watching episode 9, I was emotionally affected after Dan recovered his memories particularly the ones involving his abusive dad. Why be so cruel to allow him to remember the most painful moments in his life when he's already forgotten them? Now I understand when watching the scene of him explaining to YS that he had gone to meet his dad. How he was able to ask his dad what he wanted to know and say goodbye. YS asked if his dad apologized. Dan said fortunately yes. It doesn't erase the past, but in this way, hopefully, both Dan and his father can free themselves from some torment, if not all.

 

I have to re-watch the beginning to remember how Dan's mission of love was phrased to him. In this part, Dan said, "he (his dad) should have loved him". This made me realize that Dan has never felt love. So, I wonder if the mission of love goes both ways for YS and Dan. YS will also show Dan what is love. When YS was comforting him, it seemed like feelings and emotions are still foreign to him. Maybe Dan will gradually learn to experience them as we do as human beings.

 

Anyway, I really liked how this part was written. KMS' acting was spot on.

  • Like 7
  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They better not erase her memories of SW. :huh: 

And they better not erase any of her memories with Dan!!! :crazy:

 

I agree it might be Hoo who did that. Don't think Dan had the power to erase memories, otherwise he do not even need to keep running away when rain comes to avoid his wings being exposed.

 

Dan had already decided to tell her everything at the place they first met... before she was kidnapped. I believe Hoo might have did something there to interfere. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im gonna kill Dan. Haven't he already sort out what he wanted to do before going back to proclaim his love for her 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...