[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, immorethant said:

The real cupid in this drama is the female butler.  

She's probably the one who put that manga in Dan's room. 

What if she's an angel too? 

A love interest of the Ahjusshi angel :lol:

41 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I think this is from ALML crew. @immorethant what's the caption? 

강우 책상앞에서 초코렛상자가 방송타니깐 특별해 보인다

The chocolate box on** Kang-Woo desk that was broadcast, seems special. 

(actually the word is  'in front', but in English should use 'on')

41 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

And those in his stories just uploaded too?

Did he upload IG story ?  I couldn't find that .  :blink:

@nonski @Mau_Cherry @Dramanoona @briseis

The angels in "Angel's last mission: love"

In this drama, we see four kind of angels. Yes, four ... you didn't read it wrong. Let me introduce them one by one.

1. KD's superior (cr. to @immorethant) F5NuQSR.jpg

He  can open or close the doors to Heaven As we can see, he is far superior to KD as he can change his form and his function without getting noticed by humans and angels. KD can not recognize him, until he shows his original face. JKW didn't recognize him either. He is the one who gives orders to KD and advises him as well. 

2. Kim Dan

image.png 

Our angel Kim Dan seems to prefer animals over humans because they are much easier to understand. I do think that he does resent humans to a certain extent, and this could be explained with his past life. The only human he shows a certain empathy to is LYS. But I had already explained earlier that LYS's behavior reminds me more of a hurt animal that shows its claws because of the pain. The more hurt the "beast" is, the more violent and brutal it gets. Yet, we were shown that Kim Dan has no idea about his past and his life as human. Yet his past is definitely connected to LYS, but he is unaware of it.

Right now, KD is on a mission (kim.dan@goodmission.com). As you can see, his email address reveals a lot, it is for the good of KD and LYS in reality. In 100 days, LYS must have found love. Striking is that the mission never said what kind of love KD should find for her. He immediately believes that he needs to find a human for her. The more time KD spends with LYS, the more she softens and relies on him. She starts trusting him... We know that LYS resents God a lot. She prayed in the past that God would make her wish come true but it never happened. She was even willing to offer her rip, but what she got in return was that she lost her sight. In this scene, 

Spoiler

image.png

(episode 4 / 40:20) we hear from Ni Na that LYS used to say that talents were given from above and they should give it their all so they wouldn't be an embarrassment to those who could not be there. This shows that LYS was very religious and connected her faith to the ballet. As conclusion, she no longer believes in God due to her tragedies in her life. So what if the real true mission is not to find true love but love and faith in God? There is no coincidence that KD brought her to a temple where she can make a wish because by wishing something, it means that you acknowledge the deity's existence. She is on her way to find her faith back. That's why LYS will be able to get back her title "angel". Back then, she used to be like an angel: polite, nice, loving and selfless (remember her rescuing a small boy, KD).

KD is a good angel hence his wings are white and glowing. They illustrate his innocence and purity. He might overstep his boundaries as he often acts like a judge: he punished the driver by ruining his car and letting the dogs run away. His judgement is lacking because he only looks at the surface. However, his actions are quite selfless, they illustrate his deep sense for justice and his big empathy for weak creatures (dog, cats and LYS as a visually impaired person). LYS's despair moves him. To sum up, KD is associated to selflessness, empathy and huge sense of justice, yet his biggest flaw is his "false image" about humans. He is too superficial in his judgement. Therefore when he acts around LYS, he shows more empathy towards the staff than towards LYS. The latter is a human but behaves terribly, that's why he trusts more the others: he doesn't perceive the evil intention of the aunt. He judges people by their manners and appearance. He rather scolds LYS for her rude behavior. All this underlines his naivety. Furthermore in the episode 3, he often uses the words "humans" implying that he is different from them and they are terribly flawed. That's why he is turned into a human for his mission. That way, he will learn to differentiate more... the real evil humans are not visible. He is definitely too naive and trusting. Don't forget that he asked Ni Na if JKW was a good man. When the ballerina replied that she couldn't tell if the artistic director was good or bad, he was just cool, KD thought that this was a good sign. 

Notice that KD is really on his own all the time. His superior doesn't help him hence KD has no home. He had to sleep on the bench, until he met LYS again. His superior just gives him some advice and that's it. He has no financial background (huge house, people he can call and ask for help aso). Finally, I would like to point out that KD has no control over the appearance of the wings. My supposition was that they appeared because LYS was about to get injured. His wings protected LYS. 

3. The artistic director: Ji Kang Woo

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Only in the episode 4, we discover that he is also an angel. However, his wings look different. First, we only see the shadow of the wings. As you can see, the wings are not visible in the next picture and this indicates that JKW is a different angel. It definitely looks like JKW is a fallen angel, especially when the beholder pays attention to his words. I will give more further details later. Just like KD, he also has a mission: he has to make her heart beat again.

Spoiler

image.png

(episode 3/ 42:11). He is inspired by his past love Matilda that's why he watched a video of her. Matilda loved ballet that's why he believes that bringing back LYS to the stage is his mission. Once she dances again, she will be moved and her heart will beat again. The mission sounds similar to KD's mission but there is a huge difference. KD's goal is following: By bringing love back to her life, LYS will be able to find peace and happiness. JKW's mission can not end well because the more he pushes her back to Fantasia and to the stage, the more he endangers her life due to the greed of her relatives and directors. KD told JKW that he wanted LYD to find happiness to which JKW replied that he had no idea what this meant. As conclusion, this mission can be considered as evil, however on the surface it looks like it is a good proposition. He is offering fame, wealth and power to LYS which actually corresponds to the devil's temptation. Sure, he needs to protect LYS from harm, since she has not returned to Fantasia therefore on the surface, KD and JKW's actions look similar: protecting LYS. Nevertheless power, money, greed, envy are the consequences of this mission. That's why LYS refused his offer in the first place and gave him money... because indirectly that's what he was indirectly proposing. Becoming a ballerina and taking the control of that company can not be differentiated.

When we pay attention to JKW's words and actions, the beholder can notice that JKW sounds like the devil. He advises Ni Na to be selfish, to put a good fight against LYS, not to focus on others (episode 4). He definitely shows no empathy for the young mother on the stage. He is able to convince Ni Na to stop protecting others. Little by little, he is leading Ni Na to the dark side in my opinion. She admires him because, although he seems to prefer LYS, he lets her believe that she has the chance to become the star of the new show. Ni Na believes his words and doesn't realize that he is misleading as his primary goal is to bring back LYS to the stage. His evilness is not perceptible at first sight, just like Ni Na's father who seems so gentle and kind, while in reality he lets his wife and daughter RN do the dirty work.

JKW is definitely obsessed with LYS because she resembles his past love. There is a huge difference between KD and the artistic director. First, KD has no memories from his past life, only the viewers know that LYS saved his life, when he was a child. Her words before the car fell from the bridge triggered something in him. He didn't know why he saved her but he had to. Her words arose emotions in him. JKW remembers his past: 

Spoiler

image.png

The loss of the woman he loved. She was killed by saving his life. As we can see, both women did something similar: they rescued a person.

The question is now: who was he back then? A human? I doubt because if he was, he wouldn't remember his past life. I have the impression that he was an angel too, but an angel of death, the one who took the soul of humans. This means, he had a superior status than the actual KD who only took care of the souls of animals. I guess, he might have fallen in love with Matilda who was supposed to die. By disobeying the order, her destiny was changed and she sacrificed herself for him. My theory is that because he couldn't bear the loss of Matilda, the real Devil might have tempted him with an offer: she would come back to life, he could meet her again. But we know that deals with Satan/devils are full of tricks... like f. ex. LYS looks like Matilda but she is a different person. Moreover, don't you find it strange that each time, LYS's life was exposed to danger, he always arrived too late? KD was the one who saved her in the car accident, he was the one who protected her, when the chandelier fell... Each time, the artistic director came too late. Yet, JKW is not aware of all this. He believes to be the right person for LYS because he has the means and the knowledge. 

By comparing KD and JKW, I observe that the latter is richer and has more power than KD. He is able to get any information he wants. He just needs to call someone. This is important because this represents the power of the devil. Money, connection, power are the sources of evilness because they are linked to temptation. For KD, it is different. He can only rely on his abilities (his good qualities: his honesty, his empathy, his strong sense of justice aso).

I know that a lot of people dislike the scene between Ni Na and JKW but the more scenes we get, the more it becomes obvious that JKW is leading Ni Na to the path of evilness and self-destruction. In the scene above, where Ni Na and JKW are together, he reminds her that she needs to be even more selfish: "You're still a long way from being selfish". So at some point, she will hurt LYS herself. She is losing her purity little by little. Don't forget that Ni Na has already be introduced in an environment of violence and pain. We saw her killing a cat (which was an accident). Nevertheless, this is no coincidence. Then we discover that she is suffering from an eating disorder which outlines her willingness to hurt someone. Her hands are not clean and she will do much worse in my opinion.  

I am quite sure that JKW was jealous of KD, when he saw the couple kissing that's why he reacted by showing his black wings. The more time KD spends with LYS, the more the latter will fall for our protagonist... at some point, JKW will be the one who reveals KD's true nature to LYS in order to separate our couple.

So now, this is the time to reveal the identity of the 4th angel.

Spoiler

image.png

Mr. Jo said that she was like an angel. She used to shine so brightly. Sure, this is connected to the ballet. But deep down, I think that Mr. Jo wanted to see her huge smile oozing happiness and gentleness. Back then, she was a really nice person. By spending more and more time with KD, she will gradually change as she trusts him. He will bring her true personality to light, while Ni Na will become her shadow embodying evilness for real.

55 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

The last few stories of the first ig @ haneolic

I will summarize (and apologize for any mis-translation)

NTHOB4q.jpg

The IG's owner shared his IG stories today, but I'm not sure when this video was recorded.

So I guess there was a drama shooting scene on that KBS building top floor .

The 1st  clip, he just said 'our drama poster is beautiful' and something about '3 hours to come to place' which I don't know what he meant.

Then the 2nd one is the picture of 'special effect mat' which I think it's green cushion for falling scene and then it will be deleted later by CGI team.  The caption is a pun of '인스타' (insta --> instagram) and '스타일 줌인' (style zoom in) , which mean he's zooming his IG video.

The 3rd pic he just said this is his IG story wrap-up and he's exausted and said good bye. 

I'm exausted too. Good night everyone. :kiss_wink:

Thanks so much @immorethant !!! I'm sorry to always ask you to translate this and that :P

Rest well. Goodnight & Happy weekend!

24 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Then the 2nd one is the picture of 'special effect mat' which I think it's green cushion for falling scene and then it will be deleted later by CGI team.

Top floor building shooting makes me think that this will be the scene of a "Angels Showdown" epic scene :P

To Lee Yeon Seo: 

Clues that Secretary Dan is an angel:

-he always pray to God and always talk about His goodness

-returns money he picked up to the police

-loyal to God (he apologized for going in the temple)

-says alcohol is the root of all evil. He wont drink again.

-ringtone is an organ piano music

-address is the Catholic church

-no matter how rude you are to him he still loves you!

-has angel wings (it's real!)

-his angelic face :wub:

:tounge_xd: :tounge_xd: :tounge_xd:

I bet that handkerchief belongs to young YS. It became a keepsake from Dan's past human life. It might be the key to his past memories.

Woah showing that Mathilda has YS's face is misleading. I still believe that it's Dan and YS who are destined to each other. They were childhood friends who got separated when Dan died. JKW's Mathilda may have been a look a like of YS who is also a ballerina. At one point she might have taught ballet to YS. If they were past lovers, YS should feel a little something for him like what she does with Dan's. That shadow of wings..could it be that he's not originally an angel but a human who was possessed by the fallen angel. He may have gone bad after his lover died and got tempted by the bad angel. I thought that the fantasy part will only be on the male lead being an angel but seems like there's more. 

Will we see Dan and YS dancing ballet together in the future? :wub:

13 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Regarding the ring - Maybe it was simply’s

Matilda’s and he kept it as a souvenir after she died. 

The fact that they focused on it during the scene seems to indicate that it has some significance.  My theory is that each angel/fallen angel has some item directly connected to them and in some way represents them.  In Kim_Dan's case, it is his handkerchief.  In JKW's case, I was thinking it might be the ring.  I am probably way overthinking this but there had to be a reason the director put it in.  Otherwise, it would seem so random.  My mind has gone into wild speculation mode so disregard if I am making no sense. 

@bebebisous33 Wow! I really enjoyed your post! :thumbsup: Here are some of my thoughts after finishing the episodes and taking in some of your information to thinking deeper. 

I was thinking of what kind of JKW was and yes, we all can agree here that he must be a fallen angel. Now you state that he can be the devil because of him asking NiNa to be selfish, so he can become our villain against KD here. I think he will slowly turn into one, because he cannot win LYS and feels that KD has betrayed him.

I'm thinking he's like immortal now and living among the human world waiting to find a look alike like his Matilda, because at the lantern festival he stated that he had an old friend who died 15 years ago. I think that was Matilda and he's been waiting 15 years to be able to find LYS, again. He's pushing soo hard to making LYS dance ballet, again, because he wants to make her into his Matilda and having KD help him, he's not more confident that he'll have Matilda all back to him.

27 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

The fact that they focused on it during the scene seems to indicate that it has some significance.  My theory is that each angel/fallen angel has some item directly connected to them and in some way represents them.  In Kim_Dan's case, it is his handkerchief.  In JKW's case, I was thinking it might be the ring.  I am probably way overthinking this but there had to be a reason the director put it in.  Otherwise, it would seem so random.  My mind has gone into wild speculation mode so disregard if I am making no sense. 

The significance of the handkerchief was revealed already in episode 1. It might be an item specific to Dan; however, considering Dan seemed to know about the meaning of the handkerchief before he received it, it's also possible that it denotes a category of angels - the dispatched angels, while the ring denotes a completely different category. There are also different types of angels in the bible.

zJnID15.pngiFvrRpu.pngfsSoMw9.png

48 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Probably. I’m sure there is. But to me, at that moment, it simply looked like something which was linking both of them together. 

I agree with people who said that JKW is a fallen angel and a bad guy. He totally looks like a devil.

And I also agree that he will be the person who will bring unhapiness to Ni Na. I think she may have a tragic end or almost tragic (she may get a happy ending, but she will suffler like in Black Swan).

I also agree with people who said that Dan will going to be dark, but LYS will bring him back to the light.

And I also think JKW did not get close LYS before because Mr Jo was there. I think Mr Jo was kind of an "angel" who was there to protect her, and when he was gone Dan took the mission.

But maybe, LYS was destined to die and when Dan came, he somehow altered her destiny and his destiny.

10 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

I agree with people who said that JKW is a fallen angel and a bad guy. He totally looks like a devil.

And I also agree that he will be the person who will bring unhapiness to Ni Na. I think she may have a tragic end or almost tragic (she may get a happy ending, but she will suffler like in Black Swan).

I also agree with people who said that Dan will going to be dark, but LYS will bring him back to the light.

And I also think JKW did not get close LYS before because Mr Jo was there. I think Mr Jo was kind of an "angel" who was there to protect her, and when he was gone Dan took the mission.

But maybe, LYS was destined to die and when Dan came, he somehow altered her destiny and his destiny.

I doubt that Dan will choose the wrong path, rather he will be tempted: Self-justice. At some point he will feel so upset and enraged, when he discovers what LYS's relatives have been doing behind her back. Since he has a strong sense of justice, he will be put in front of a dilemma: should he punish them or not? He had the tendency to punish people before... yet he did a really good work as souls recognized his goodness. 

All hail Mrs. Jung, the real cupid in this show, the quirky matchmaker and the general of the Dan&YeonSeo shipper’s armada! It’s not to say that Dan’s unorthodox methods were completely unsuccessful - it’s just that he is merely setting his client up with the wrong guy and falling in love with her instead, and she with him.

H1EGYfA.png

Meanwhile, Mrs. Jung is literally writing fanfics about the OTP’s first meeting and became Dan’s pro bono defense lawyer! I love how adorably desperate she is to get her stubborn employer a man who would take YS off her hands. Well, either that or she is the ultimate romantic or probably both. She has noticed the effect Dan has on Yeon Seo, slowly melting the Ice Princess’s cold heart, and realized that he is probably the only man person being on Earth who can manage the Lady of Ivy Mansion.

0lWmGAo.png

Mrs. Jung is probably the smartest of them all, as well. She knew nothing would convince YS but hard evidence so she got it, setting up a spy at Fantasia. And she basically guessed everything about Dan, even the fact that he was sent by Heaven! LOL! With one crucial exception, though - the 7th July isn’t his birthday (well, it actually still might turn out that it is his actual birthday), it’s literally his deadline - he’s going to turn into dust and smoke and cease existing if he doesn’t complete his mission.

3xKVj6M.png

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that Dan will choose the wrong path, rather he will be tempted: Self-justice. At some point he will feel so upset and enraged, when he discovers what LYS's relatives have been doing behind her back. Since he has a strong sense of justice, he will be put in front of a dilemma: should he punish them or not? He had the tendency to punish people before... yet he did a really good work as souls recognized his goodness. 

When I talked about Dan being dark, I thought more like he will punish them, but after he will regret it.

Archived