[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Is something wrong with the writers brain? Hyuk character development was so smooth since he fall in love with Sunny, he shows that he can be kind and all. But what suddenly happened? I feel like the middle of the story didnt happened and it started all over again just like in the beginning. He even team up with NWS n SN to fight his mother, suddenly that plot gone missing and it become a mess. Now its a mess. Its really a bad idea to extend the drama. See how the ratings goes up and down. It because the writer is inconsistent with the character especially Hyuk. What are they going to do with him? Making him a villain in the beginning make me hate him so much , and then suddenly change his character to kind and funny LH and shows that he will changed for the better. Then suddenly he become the crazy LH again. Seriously???? Whats that scene of him and SN for??? I thought for him to change into a better person. BUT ITS NOT .. Nothing has changed he still the same . SERIOUSLY writer??? I think this happened because the drama got extension. Its getting draggy. What annoyed me the most is, they keep on making LH suspicious of SN behaviour towards him. I thought they are getting better? SN trust him and know he didnt do all that bad things in the middle of the story. Now what??? OMG the writers keep on doing the same thing again n again if u guys notice with LH character. Someone should make a graph of LH behaviour it will be up and down. Also, whats with KING NWS??? HAHAHAHA .. Really??? What if they make NWS the emperor in the end? Thats the most trash thing ever happened in my opinion, they better not.I thought LH can change for the better, im already plan to rewatch this drama after its end, but seeing all this latest episode make me so dissapointed with how the story goes. So SAD. Oh, and its the first time ever in a drama that im supporting the villain more than the good people. I really hope LH can change and become a good person. But the writer ruined it. TOTALLY ruined it. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously!!! Why LH is so obsessed with Sunny??? Until forced himself onto her!!!!! Dang!!! That's the thing I will never understand about love relationship. When she was in love with you, u were trying to killed her, now she's despite you, u are now trying to be a devoted husband? HuMAN!??!!

15 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

@flutterby06, thank you so much for translating the above segment :)

i find that in many of the BTS, JNR is always extra animated or hyper around CJH. They really have great chemistry. Who knows, maybe more sparks will fly during their reward vacation :wub:

JNR is always playful... To those who knew her since her debut, she has always been playful...

But only to selected people who she has been with for a long time or knew her long enough. 

CJH is definitely one of them since they knew each other before he debuted (CJH mentioned it during FTLY.) 

But I have always thought of her as a very careful person, who would put space between her and co-stars once they finish a project.

The close ones she maintains close relationships with are usually the females or supporting actors. But we can't really blame her for that since the Korean media or netizens have been eagerly pairing her off with anyone... XP But that doesn't really help much since she still suffers from out of nowhere dating rumors... 

Remember the Coffee Van incident during School 2012 with Kim Nam Gil?
Also, of course, the Park Bo Gum marriage rumor in 2016 and 2017?

In a way, she is forced to draw lines between people and sometimes too hastily... XP 

1 hour ago, jessboii25 said:

Seriously!!! Why LH is so obsessed with Sunny??? Until forced himself onto her!!!!! Dang!!! That's the thing I will never understand about love relationship. When she was in love with you, u were trying to killed her, now she's despite you, u are now trying to be a devoted husband? HuMAN!??!!

We need to ask the writer. We are all wondering the same thing. Just kidding. Hehe

I don't know why. I don't even think he's trying to be devoted. There is no devotion in his action. Not even a bit. Obsessed yes, devoted no. 

5 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

Reveal hidden contents

"After you knew all that… you two deceived me? How could you do that to me?"

Me me me... he's so self-centered. Why shouldn't they? He ruined their lives! All they want is to put him in jail and that's the least he deserves. LH can't understand that he isn't a victim because he is just plain stupid I guess. :huh:

I knew he was horrible to women and all, but it's become apparent that he's a hardcore chauvinist. What exactly is his problem? He has 0 respect for women in general. A mere woman? Ew. He's rotten. :mask:

"You used people like Ma Pil Joo and left incurable wounds on these people. Just like the bullet in my head."

Standing ovation. OMG, YES! They finally brought it up! I'm so glad the writer did not try to clear Hyuk from this.  :thumbsup: 

So it was implied that LH has murdered other people before? No wonder he's always been so cold-hearted and unempathetic. As SN said, they (LH & ED) kill people like they are flies, or in WS's words, "he's not even human"  

Anyways, Lee Hyuk is awful but that's old news. You can tell he's not willing to change because how many times has SN tried to help him see his wrongs and he's unwilling to listen? :rolleyes: This only proves what I said all along: Sunny is not Lee Hyuk's cure. Her love cannot change him at all. He had no problem with watching how his mother threatened little DS with that needle. This is why I loved when WS beat him up (sorry, I did, it was cathartic and he had it coming :P). I knew Bin wasn't gonna kill him because he's the bigger man and doesn't want to be a murderer, but I loved that the Emperor finally received some punishment.

We only got one interaction between SN and WS but it was good. SN standing in front of Wang Sik trying to protect him from Lee Hyuk. LH was pointing a gun at her and she just stayed there without flinching to shield Bin. Then WS protected SN from LH. And how great was that moment when WS said "Empress" and Lee Hyuk had to stop Sunny from following our bodyguard because she was super worried? "Where are you taking him?!" The humiliation! Everyone could witness how the Emperor's wife had been helping his enemy and was willing to give her life for the man the Emperor hated. LOL. 

No amount of forced kisses can help LH, really. Sunny is pretty dead set on putting all of them in jail and leaving that place asap. Love can't be forced.  

On another note, there's nothing wrong with loving villains. They are usually more entertaining and interesting than the hero. I love myself a good villain (Sherlock's J.Moriarty is my particular fave), the problem is when people go out of their way to justify the villain's evil actions. No amount of sob stories can make an evil guy less evil and that's why (ideally) villains should go to jail and good people should be free. That's the only issue I have with all this LH worshipping.

I saw on instagram comments that some LE international fans expect the last scene of yesterday episode will be continued with bed scene. How ridiculous it is...:crazy:

Pretty sure it will not happen since Koreans public are sensitive about this

11 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

5. [+66,-1]
No, you should've saved the evidence in Google Drive, N Drive, etc. What's with a safe? If you want to put it in a safe, put it in a Swiss safe... 

6. [+58,-12]
I hope Choi Jin Hyuk takes on a bright and healthy role in his next project~^^

7. [+46,-7]
Reflection time for the people who have supported Oh Ssu Ni and Lee Hyuk.. 

5. This is coming from frustrated people like us who are tired of watching good people loosing their precious evidences to bad people just like that! ha ha ha...

6. The character CJH played in last to dramas(Devilish Joy and The Last Empress) both were sich and terminally ill at some point. But in DJ he lived. I hope NWS would survive too. It's makjang..please.

7. Yep..Asking redemption arc for Lee Hyuk is one thing but sacrificing Sunny for that is a very weird thought. Sunny deserves better..way better than a self centered jerk like Lee Hyuk. If people thinks Sunny needs to be there to preserve Lee Hyuk's sanity.. Well Hello..There's Mental hospital for a reason. Don't dump Lee Hyuk on Sunny.

"After you knew all that… you two deceived me? How could you do that to me?"

Me me me... he's so self-centered. Why shouldn't they? He ruined their lives! All they want is to put him in jail and that's the least he deserves. LH can't understand that he isn't a victim because he is just plain stupid I guess. :huh:

Thanks for that @sw33tm3lody, I was like-I thought you liked Wang Game the most..But look at you playing victim is your favorite, no? How much selfish can he be. All the cold hard truth Sunny has been telling him, he paid attention to none. The only thing he cared about is they deceived him..Well hello their happy life is ruined because of you!

Haven't watched the whole episode yet. But watched the opening scene. Loved it. It was so intense! I wonder how Choi Jin Hyuk brings out that voice! :o

The trio did great to bring out the emotions in this scene. And the winning moment when Sunny tells it to Lee Hyuk "Shoot me if you want." in response to his question " What's the relationship between you two?". The honest response from Sunny shook Lee Hyuk.

If anyone has  a better gif of Wang Shik Shilding Sunny and vice versa, please share with us.That scene is :heart:

We only got one interaction between SN and WS but it was good. SN standing in front of Wang Sik trying to protect him from Lee Hyuk. LH was pointing a gun at her and she just stayed there without flinching to shield Bin. Then WS protected SN from LH. And how great was that moment when WS said "Empress" and Lee Hyuk had to stop Sunny from following our bodyguard because she was super worried? "Where are you taking him?!" The humiliation! Everyone could witness how the Emperor's wife had been helping his enemy and was willing to give her life for the man the Emperor hated. LOL. 

When NWS says "Hwangu Mama" and Sunny was worried "Where are you taking him?" ..Even when they're dragging her, she kept looking back for NWS. .aah.. such awesome OTP moment, expresses more deep than lovey dovey scenes. :D

I'm planning to watch both episode tonight. Can't wait..

2 hours ago, illay said:

I saw on instagram comments that some LE international fans expect the last scene of yesterday episode will be continued with bed scene. How ridiculous it is...:crazy:

Hahaha...i hope Sunny push and fight although Lee Hyuk a her husband ...

Second last week, before this drama winds up…& as expected things getting paced up....& glad

WangShik had been safe…& we gonna see more of him … A new character, Empress Eun…at final stages…though its too late, but if it helps in taking down the imperial family I don’t mind her late entry….hope she gonna stay useful & helpful to WangShik, considering He saved her life.

First few minutes of the episode was so intense, nail biting…& intriguing to know who will manage to get the upper hand b/w WangShik-Hyuk… (so in love with the BG score) felt so like Hugging WangShik when he was talking abt his mother…. (JinHyuk nailed that scene, perfect expressions) & Hyuk disappointed me didn’t even showed any remorse for his actions…

So loved their face off…even their action sequence on the bridge…Hyuk so deserved that kicks & punches…seeing WangShik beat Hyuk with all his heart was so richard simmons satisfying, had been waiting for this moment…WangShik had been holding up his frustration for long…though it was surprising how

WangShik left Hyuk alive… hope he has another plan ahead to fulfill his revenge…so he can be at peace.

For me personally, at this stage, Hyuk is a gone case …. :P he keeps swinging from being bad to good to

back being Bad…when we were completely hating him, he was turned into cute Hyuk…& when we started liking him he was back to being the Evil ruthless Hyuk… (fingers crossed, hope he gonna stay same till finale) I really wonder if writer wants him to be the “Hero” or the “Villain” he cant be both…& the way he behaved with Sunny, be the forceful kiss or him being so hard & rash with her…was heartbreaking…

Sunny jumping in to save WangShik, wonder if it was right thing to do, or was it even required, it instead brought more trouble for her, considering now even Bin is not around in palace to help her when needed…
It was good to see Princess Ari helping her, & even told truth about KangHee...& even court ladies were one by one coming with clues to her, she had enough proofs …only to be destroyed by Hyuk…Hope she had saved a copy of them with WangShik.

KangHee is getting eviler with episodes, expecting more punishment than anyone else…as for YuRa, she helping Sunny, I don’t think its way for her redemption, neither she is wholly on Sunny’s side…but its her means to the end…its her survival instinct which making her do anything she can, even if it means

helping Sunny…

A special mention to Shin SungRok, the actor, he does has a personal charm in portraying evil Hyuk & even the cute funny Hyuk…. He makes Hyuk interesting as a character, where some hate him, some sympathise with him, He literally owns the character to a point …had seen him playing evil psycho in My Love from another star…& he nailing it this time round too…

Hope extended episodes will make sure evil people suffer & people get happy end who deserve it…

58 minutes ago, illay said:

Of course it won't be happen I'm sure for 100%..

Hope Sunny use her self defence skill.. :star:  

At least she can escape from Lee Hyuk, who else can help her in this situation? She is with her husband/ Emperor in her chamber, who can easily interupted.. 

Ohh.. or maybe she saved by Min Yu Ra.. 

Or.. ED interupt the scene, she don't want his son with Sunny, ED don't want his son even be a husband (remember her plot to framed LH about Sunny's mother death by send compensation money to her family?) 

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

LH never change  its the same viscous cycle he goes though with every other woman in his life. Oh I am so in love  then flips a switch when it does not go his way.

feel like this drama would have been better if it was aired during the weekend where folks and ajummahs are used to such villains. there will be a moment of vulnerability and some softening indicating they are human after all and then the next episode, the villain goes right back to their original mode of manipulation and hurting people... and in a way, audience is not surprised and instead just sigh or shake their head.. after all, there are people like that in real world too! 

when kdramas want to redeem a villain, there is a pattern followed by most writers which did not happen here: (though it still might):

1. that light bulb moment where they break down as they realize the weight of their actions -- this leads to true repentance and feeling sorry for the people they hurt.

2. they stop trying to protect themselves or give themselves an excuse for their actions; instead they ask and see how they can make amends even if it means going to jail

3. they stop holding folks captive and become truly alone. in their loneliness they cry but they know it is their own actions that led them there

4. they say "I am sorry" and most often, they face wrath and anger from the victims.they accept the wrath and anger. they understand the victims have the right to be angry and they don't expect the victims to accept them.

hyuk never showed true remorse. it was always excuses. he may still turn out to be redeemed before the end but lesson from makjang dramas: actions have consequences and you will pay if you do wrong.

I have not watched  last nite’s episode but have been reading the comments her and twitter. I am so excited as it seems to be getting more intense. New stills below. Looks like uri Wang Shik will be back in the palace with an ally (I hope) and could be as a bodyguard too! (Saw that tiny badge on the lapel of his coat). Gosh! He just looks so handsome here

This will send ED and LH to another fit I suppose. And definitely cause an uproar again in the palace. Hopefully she will help bring this corrupted family down. 

She was so evil in Devilish joy acting as CJH ‘s aunt

Has the old grandmother make her entrance last evening? I did not seem to read it anywhere.

and I wonder how will SJ react when she sees her Bin:lol:

i guess no preview too

6 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Has the old grandmother make her entrance last evening? I did not seem to read it anywhere. and I wonder how will SJ react when she sees her Bin:lol:

Granny did not make an appearance yet.

I dont have other plans tonight. So i might watch today's ep live. Haha

38 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

New stills below. Looks like uri Wang Shik will be back in the palace with an ally (I hope) and could be as a bodyguard too! (Saw that tiny badge on the lapel of his coat). Gosh! He just looks so handsome here

This will send ED and LH to another fit I suppose. And definitely cause an uproar again in the palace. Hopefully she will help bring this corrupted family down. 

She was so evil in Devilish joy acting as CJH ‘s aunt

Is that how NWS will make an entrance again in the Palace? :lol: Can't wait.

& evil aunt from previous drama now came back as an ally..That just look like Evil Aunt with her nephew, GMS in a changed haircut.  :P

Awww..

SSR latest IG update! He conveys his thanks to writernim ^_^:)

His caption (google translated)

Writer! Thank you 

Last time ... I received the script ...Please enjoy watching until the last broadcast next week. 

The words on the picture (google translated)

<To all of you who have attained the elegance of the Empress !! It was an honor to be with you till the end, thank you, I love you. Believe in your preciousness, meet somewhere better again. I am late, but happy new year, and happy to be blessed again. Artist Kim Sun-ok

I think the writer keep the mystery till the end. 

No clue about GED case, evidence also being manipulated, 

I suspect KH first, because she hide in GED chamber, but... who bring the poison is ED, and she poisoning Sunny's food (just looks like know if GED death caused by poison, just like Lee Hyuk said), but.. I'm also courious why Lee Hyuk back to GED chamber see ED put poison, then when Sunny in GED chamber he also appear. That means he's there three time that night. 

I just have no idea, why Lee Hyuk don't wanna reveal the truth of GED death case? Is he know if Sunny will leave him after she catch who kill GED, then he afraid of this? 

He know Sunny tried to betray him, but why he don't wanna Sunny go, it will be hard for Sunny to reveal the truth. 

Sunny maybe just like something that Emperor must be own and win. He don't wanna Sunny going to Woo Bin, because he know Woo Bin like her, and also he know if he not win Sunny's heart yet. 

When he promise to protect Min Yu Ra, and he sacrify to marry Sunny, and then he know if she betray him just because she know who is Na Wang Shik, he tried to kill Min Yu Ra, and also torment her live. 

Just kill Lee Hyuk in the end if Sunny can't forgive him. 

Lee Hyuk "LOVE" is wreid.. 

He said love, then he tried to kill someone that he claimed get his "LOVE". 

1. So Hyun, he said love her, then he choke her when he think her wife betray him (although fail to kill) 

2. GED, he said only GED that care toward him then when GED wanna show to the world how imperial is he stab her (although fail to kill)

3. Min Yu Ra, he said love her, and wanna protect her from his mama, but when he know she really betray him, he burn her and torment her live. 

4. Sunny, he said he love her and wanna protect her, but when he know she really betray him, he choke her, he save her from jail, (this make Yu Ra feel strange when Lee Hyuk save Sunny), and end he force himself to Sunny. 

HOW IF HIS FORCE TO SUNNY IS HIS TORMENT TOWARD SUNNY?

Or

HOW IF HIS FORCE TO SUNNY JUST BECAUSE WOO BIN PROVOCATE HIM THIS CAUSE HE WANT WIN OH SUNNY?

(he said he won't lose her to NWS) 

So Hyun, GED, and also Min Yu Ra is loving him till the end, although GED angry to him. But Sunny she's cold toward him, just looks disgust eyes in front of Lee Hyuk, he think he's not win Sunny heart. 

Just don't understand what's on LEE HYUK mind, he can divorce Sunny, but he don't want to do that, although he knew Sunny betray him. When Min Yu Ra betray him, that's the end of Lee Hyuk and Yu Ra relationship. 

If Lee Hyuk wanna divorce her, he'll also will get the wealth that Sunny must inheritance from GED. Firstly, he really wanna divorce with Sunny. But Sunny refuse and come back. 

Why LH so afraid about GED death case, so courious about this.? Is he know if Sunny will leave him if this case end? Or he really the killer of GED?

He is shown 3 times in GED chamber before the case 1) when he try to stab GED, 2) be witness ED pouring poison in Sunny food, 3) he find Sunny in GED chamber with GED corpse. 

So unstable mentality... 

10 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

yea, it was super sweet and at that moment, it really clicked on lee hyuk where her loyalties lay. and I really liked how wang shik had so many people help him. the guards team was on his team not because he bribed them; they too had been hurt by the imperial family but they listened to him and got out with dong shik. and the emperor's guard disobeyed lee hyuk and instead let wang shik go simply because he had treated them with dignity, as humans. and wang shik ever loyal takes them along with him... will we see a coup? it looks like wang shik and sunny are able to gather support from staff simply by being themselves and treating others well....

and how awesome was her smackdown with ED! how far she has come from naive fangirl...

I expected a coup a long time ago. But at that time the good guys were not strong enough.

Now is the best time. Since there are more people on the good side and the public is also involved. I think a coup will happen sooner than later. It would not make any sense if the good guys does not initiate a coup. They really should.

Anyways. I have a feeling there might be another OST. Click spoiler tab

Spoiler

Disclaimer: this is pure speculation. 

I think it is possible there is another ost. The last one will have Bin on its cover.

And i also think the reason my fave OST Not Over by Gaho played during Sunny and Hyuk ep 46 end scene is because it is their theme song. As evident from the song cover image. (I really like this song, but now i remember Hyuk pushing Sunny when i hear it. Dang! Way to spoil my song listening mood :sweatingbullets:)

List of TLE ost title with its cover images

1. What Would It Be 3213748.jpg

2. Not Over DtuU8Z-UwAIR6_-.jpg

3. If I Convey My Heart 3223518.jpg

4. Deep Voice 3228066.jpg

5. For Only One Day 3232929.jpg

6. Open Ending DzR2qFKUUAAeSLT.jpg

Archived