[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Tonight episode is a meh. How many people suffer just to figure out Grandma's death? Remember Mrs. Hong. And there's suspecious here n there. There was police investigation. I feel regret spent lots of time watching this. And the garden also not as big as I expected. Too many new casts come n go. And suddenly Wang Sik came again with fresh face like the writer forgot he has bullet in his head. I think too many cases going on make the writet confuse then decided to finish it simply. Lol....

Yesterday Hyuk was all scary and tonight he changed suddenly. What the....??? We can conclude that ED actually not kill anyone in this series directly. I wonder if next episode Hyuk again going crazy since his expresion change scary whenever see Yoon or Wangsik. 

The writer suddenly forgot about Byun and Sunny's fam...kkkk.... 

And she gave few minutes for Wang Sik. Really? He's one of the lead tho. Such an anti climax got promising writing at the beginning.. I think her obsession towards villains make the story become non sense. We can see until now none of bad guys are having punishment. Very disappointed.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

To be honest, I don't understand how people can want Lee Hyuk to end up with Sunny. You can root for redemption, and you can root for him to become a better person, but I simply don't understand how you can root for their relationship. It's just toxic. ...............................................

That being said, I also don't like CWB with Sunny either. The writer hasn't really invested that much time into developing their relationship. We know that CWB has feelings for Sunny, but that is about it. Sunny is rightfully focused on avenging all the injustices committed by the imperial family rather than her love life. Her protectiveness towards CWB feels to me like a very strong bond of loyalty rather than a bond between romantic partners. She supports him because he is another victim of the imperial family's corruption. At this point, I would just rather that the writer not write in and force their relationship into two episodes. What do you guys think? How do you think the last two episodes will play out? 

Oh Sunny-Lee Hyuk-

About Lee Hyuk Sunny shipping, I agree. 

It's not only toxic but also vey disrespectful for Sunny. The humiliation and devastation her life go went through for Lee Hyuk is so sorrowful and disgusting. It's okay if people are asking for his redemption (after he reflects his action) but when people talk about Sunny being cure for Lee Hyuk it feels like they're willing to sacrifice Sunny for making him sane. 

xBi1542959379505-600.jpg

(I like this picture..always wanted  to share it)

When Sunny had a crush on Lee Hyuk, resolve to make him fall for her it was cute but so sorrowful knowing she is being backstabbed..Knowing that her believeing the emperor is going to waste. Becuase he's trying to kill her since day one.

When Lee Hyuk started to act cute towrds Sunny it was annoying. How could he think about loving her when he didn't even feel sorry for what he did to her let alone appologizing to her. So never really enjoyed their moments romantically. 

If he can't really be sane without Sunny, then Sunny is not his cure. She's just a drug that keeps his symptoms down for just a time being.

Oh Sunny alone

Despite being an Sunny- Wang Shik Shipper, I think I wouldn't be that much hurt if Sunny choose to be alone(sure I'll be more happy if they'd acknowledge Sunny-Wangshik). Well, she went through a lot and now she knows how to survive in this crazy selfish world. I'm sure she'd do just fine. Even if an ally like Wang Shik were not there with her, with a personality like that she would've ended up fighting for justice anyway.. It might've taken more time for her to make up that strong resolve though.

p4L1549605489266-600.jpg

I think Wang Shik is her motivation in this fight. While she has to fight her own battle (cleaning her name, finding out truth of Grand Ed death and seving Team Leader Hong Justice) the fact that NWS is fighting with his all might to take revenge against Imperial family inspires her. He keeps reminding her that she became a alibi to hide Lee Hyuk's crime. The fact she's not alone in this fight, he's there with her gave her the strength since the begining.

Yes..she not necessarily needs NWS in a romantic way but he definitly was her strength.

Oh Sunny- Na Wang Shik

I've seen many Hyuk-Sunny shipper complaining that Sunny-Woobin seemed forced or have no chemistry and saw many Sunny-Woobin shipper complaining the drama isn't giving them enough romance..!

I don't if it's just me but I think they've that chemistry since the begining. NWS started looking out for OS when he was in the middle of a revenge plan. He shouldn't have cared much for her considering he had a revenge ahead but he still did. He didn't want her to be more of a victim than she already was. He cared for her, gave her support, OS started depending on him thinking he was her ally. He betrayed her, she hated him for that. Then she got to know his real identity and they're already like this! Well she had a soft corner for him since the begining of the drama.

Spoiler

Dyvi-WOUYAQ9Pkw.jpg

Dyvi7rMUUAAyg3E.jpg

Yes.. we could say that she was feeling guilty that she became the alibi of Lee Hyuk..But is that really all?

She seemed really happy when Woobin gifted her the red scarf..She was reminding herself that he's just being thankful, there's no other meaning behind it. She seemed jealous when Princess Sojin indicated that she and Woo Bin are dating..She seemed happy when she went from Lee Hyuks arms to Woo bin's arm. She didn't even think about pausing the dance. She happily danced away as if she wanted to do that from the start of this double date.

She recently shielded him from Lee Hyuk in front of everyone. Told Lee Hyuk to "Shoot me if you want." That may not necessarily proves that that she loves him but that does prove how much loyalty she feels towards. 

(Edit: In today's episode she said "Before you kill him(NWS), you'll be killed by my hand, Lee Hyuk.")

Spoiler

Oh..Damn! Lee Hyuk's face...So damn satisfying after he sees the resolve in her allying with NWS!

DzYGEhhU8AIt-kg.jpg

DHX1545812294748-600.jpg

(In love with this picture and exact scene as well..perfectly expresses a lot of unsaid feeling)

Many people seemed to still not finding the chemistry. In a chaotic plot like TLE, I think the focus in this couple is not that bad(Is it just me?). Due to definite reasons these two cannot and  should not openly show their affection for each other. They're in the middle of revenge, establishing a romantic relationship is not a priority to them right now when they've to catch the bad guys..Instead they express their care for each other by protecting each other.

Spoiler

DyvkF4rV4AAqKP9.jpg

Just because they don't have sizzling hug or kiss scene many seemed to be thinking their chemistry is not in focus. But if we watch carefully, for a long time be it Seojin, Min Yura, Lee Hyuk all are asking us in every episode about their relationship. I beleive there's a reason why they keep doing it though we do not get their(Sunny -Wang Shik's) direct interaction.

Am I reading too much into it because I'm in this ship? May be I'm... And I'm not sorry for that. Because I've a weakness for this kind of subtle romance where there's no I Love You but it's still there. :)

(Now off I go, explore the latest episode, raw.. ;))

WTH was that scene of LH waking up at the side of the river and asking for instant coffee? Haven´t they already done enough promotion that  instant coffee? couldn´t they have found a better way to do it? Scenes like that just ruins the flow of the story for me because it just seems out of place. 

21 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

So no one killed GED. She killed herself for revenge. Major plot twist.

Umm...I've to wait for subtitle to be sure..but to me it seemed like she killed herself due to extreme sadness over the whole situation. Her grandson tried to kill her..when he was failed to do that he told her to just die rather than being in his way. Then her daughter-in-law also threatened her. After watching how her family is after her life, she thought she's as good as a dead person.

So GED thought she couldn't really go against them. She knows it very well that they're wrong but she doesn't know how to bring justice. So she killed herself and hoped that Sunny will find out the reason and bring out the justice.

Been lurking for awhile - now that the series is nearing it's end am finally commenting.

I'm firmly in the SN/NWS camp, and while watching the OST videos this afternoon was reminded of how many moments the two of them had together - just really spread out. I hope we'll get a few more next week.

As for the other characters, can't wait for the Nanny to get her comeuppance. I find it curious that the other villains were at times comical, but she never was, just straight up evil. While I don't enjoy ED's or LH's evil deeds, I'm entertained by their antics.

@flutterby06 i like that picture of Hyuk and Sunny. The composition, the placement of the subjects works. The bird is a nice touch too. It is a pretty picture.

Spoiler

xBi1542959379505-600.jpg

I never ship Hyuk and Sunny from the beginning and i don't ship them now. I dont ship in this show.

But I wont deny that I do think SSR and JN or Hyuk and Sunny look visually attractive together especially when they are acting it up and being nice.

maB1544593640263-600.jpg

48039924_263532087649471_734090902373190

46816845_255323911803622_549859740500151

I actually can't recall any romantic scenes between Sunny and Hyuk on the fly. Maybe because I treat it as an act. Both of them are acting. In the earlier eps, Hyuk is the one acting that he likes Sunny. As the story unfurls, Hyuk starts to show signs that he might like her for reals but now it is Sunny's turn to act. Both Hyuk and Sunny were never on the same page from the get go. With that said, i don't feel any romance between them, i also think there was never a ship to be shipped. Just 2 people continuously using each other at different points of time. Plus Hyuk is getting more cray, Sunny needs to run away. 

But..they are still visually attractive tho. Hahaha

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh Sunny-Lee Hyuk-

It's not only toxic but also vey disrespectful for Sunny. The humiliation and devastation her life go went through for Lee Hyuk is so sorrowful and disgusting. It's okay if people are asking for his redemption (after he reflects his action) but when people talk about Sunny being cure for Lee Hyuk it feels like they're willing to sacrifice Sunny for making him sane. 

When Sunny had a crush on Lee Hyuk, resolve to make him fall for her it was cute but so sorrowful knowing she is being backstabbed..Knowing that her believeing the emperor is going to waste. Becuase he's trying to kill her since day one.

When Lee Hyuk started to act cute towrds Sunny it was annoying. How could he think about loving her when he didn't even feel sorry for what he did to her let alone appologizing to her. So never really enjoyed their moments romantically. 

If he can't really be sane without Sunny, then Sunny is not his cure. She's just a drug that keeps his symptoms down for just a time being.

Oh Sunny alone

Despite being an Sunny- Wang Shik Shipper, I think I wouldn't be that much hurt if Sunny choose to be alone(sure I'll be more happy if they'd acknowledge Sunny-Wangshik). Well, she went through a lot and now she knows how to survive in this crazy selfish world. I'm sure she'd do just fine. Even if an ally like Wang Shik were not there with her, with a personality like that she would've ended up fighting for justice anyway.. It might've taken more time for her to make up that strong resolve though.

I think Wang Shik is her motivation in this fight. While she has to fight her own battle (cleaning her name, finding out truth of Grand Ed death and seving Team Leader Hong Justice) the fact that NWS is fighting with his all might to take revenge against Imperial family inspires her. He keeps reminding her that she became a alibi to hide Lee Hyuk's crime. The fact she's not alone in this fight, he's there with her gave her the strength since the begining.

Yes..she not necessarily needs NWS in a romantic way but he definitly was her strength.

Oh Sunny- Na Wang Shik

I've seen many Hyuk-Sunny shipper complaining that Sunny-Woobin seemed forced or have no chemistry and saw many Sunny-Woobin shipper complaining the drama isn't giving them enough romance..!

I don't if it's just me but I think they've that chemistry since the begining. NWS started looking out for OS when he was in the middle of a revenge plan. He shouldn't have cared much for her considering he had a revenge ahead but he still did. He didn't want her to be more of a victim than she already was. He cared for her, gave her support, OS started depending on him thinking he was her ally. He betrayed her, she hated him for that. Then she got to know his real identity and they're already like this! Well she had a soft corner for him since the begining of the drama.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes.. we could say that she was feeling guilty that she became the alibi of Lee Hyuk..But is that really all?

She seemed really happy when Woobin gifted her the red scarf..She was reminding herself that he's just being thankful, there's no other meaning behind it. She seemed jealous when Princess Sojin indicated that she and Woo Bin are dating..She seemed happy when she went from Lee Hyuks arms to Woo bin's arm. She didn't even think about pausing the danced. She happily danced away as if she wanted to do from the start of this double date.

She recently shilded him from Lee Hyuk infront of everyone. Told Lee Hyuk to "Shoot me if you want." That may not necessarily proves that that she loves him but that does prove how much loyality she feels towards. 

(Edit: In today's episode she said "Before you kill him(NWS), you'll be killed by my hand, Lee Hyuk.")

Reveal hidden contents

Oh..Damn! Lee Hyuk's face...So damn satisfying after he sees the resolve in her allying with NWS!

(In love with this picture and exact scene as well..perfectly expresses a lot of unsaid feeling)

Many people seemed to still not finding the chemistry. In a chaotic plot like TLE, I think the focus in this couple is not that bad(Is it just me?). Due to definte reasons these two cannot and  should not openly show their affection for each other. They're in the middle of revenge, establishing a romantic relationship is not a priority to them right now when they've to catch the bad guys..Instead they express their care for each other by protecting each other.

Reveal hidden contents

Just because they don't have sizzling hug or kiss scene many seemed to be thinking their chemistry is not in focus. But if we watch carefully, for a long time be it Seojin, Min Yura, Lee Hyuk all are asking us in every episode about their relationship. I beleive there's a reason why they keep doing it though we do not get their(Sunny -Wang Shik's) direct interaction.

Am I reading too much into it because I'm in this ship? May be I'm... And I'm not sorry for that. Because I've a weakness for this kind of subtle romance where there's no I Love You but it's still there. :)

Totally agree with you....

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

5 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Oh Sunny-Lee Hyuk-

xBi1542959379505-600.jpg

Oh Sunny alone

p4L1549605489266-600.jpg

Oh Sunny- Na Wang Shik

Reveal hidden contents

Dyvi-WOUYAQ9Pkw.jpg

Dyvi7rMUUAAyg3E.jpg

She seemed really happy when Woobin gifted her the red scarf..She was reminding herself that he's just being thankful, there's no other meaning behind it. She seemed jealous when Princess Sojin indicated that she and Woo Bin are dating..She seemed happy when she went from Lee Hyuks arms to Woo bin's arm. She didn't even think about pausing the danced. She happily danced away as if she wanted to do from the start of this double date.

She recently shilded him from Lee Hyuk infront of everyone. Told Lee Hyuk to "Shoot me if you want." That may not necessarily proves that that she loves him but that does prove how much loyality she feels towards. 

Reveal hidden contents

DzYGEhhU8AIt-kg.jpg

DHX1545812294748-600.jpg

Many people seemed to still not finding the chemistry. In a chaotic plot like TLE, I think the focus in this couple is not that bad(Is it just me?). Due to definte reasons these two cannot and  should not openly show their affection for each other. They're in the middle of revenge, establishing a romantic relationship is not a priority to them right now when they've to catch the bad guys..Instead they express their care for each other by protecting each other.

Reveal hidden contents

DyvkF4rV4AAqKP9.jpg

Thank you for this write-up. I was feeling super frustrated, but reading your thoughts on NW/SN has given me some perspective on their relationship, and why the writer has not given them any intimate scenes. You sound like you may be in the writer's mind hahaha.

I feel a sense of closure now, even if the drama ends without them hugging or expressing their feelings for each other. I still want Sunny to express her feelings for Wangsik in words. You pointed out that it's almost as if she keeps evading the question of what her relationship with Wangshik is. And different people at different times have asked her in recent episodes but she wouldn't say. 

But at the same time, I don't want anything rushed.

1 hour ago, sally2 said:

Been lurking for awhile - now that the series is nearing it's end am finally commenting.

I'm firmly in the SN/NWS camp, and while watching the OST videos this afternoon was reminded of how many moments the two of them had together - just really spread out. I hope we'll get a few more next week.

As for the other characters, can't wait for the Nanny to get her comeuppance. I find it curious that the other villains were at times comical, but she never was, just straight up evil. While I don't enjoy ED's or LH's evil deeds, I'm entertained by their antics.

I agree, if you watch the numerous NW/SN videos on Youtube and Instagram, they did have a number of sweet moments together. This served as a nice reminder 

Ngawww..the ratings fell. But it is still okayish. Hopefully it can maintain this range of rating until the end. It would be sad if the ratings fall further down. Fighting TLE team!

Spoiler

I watch liver or die. The ratings started to hit double digits in 2nd week I think. Last week i estimated LoD ratings will reach new highs when TLE finishes. But they dethroned TLE this week! Hua3

Guys, am I missing something or what? How can NWS forgive Yura and even work together with her? Like seriously? Doesnt he know that Yura hit his mom with a stone in her head? Yura also the one that knows NWS mother is still alive and still left her alone in the dumpster. How can they skip this part???? LH thought his mom already dead. For me, Yura is the one to blame for NWS mother's death.  How could he can forgive Yura but not LH? This is ridiculous. Unacceptable.

As for NWS & SN, from what I watch there is nothing going on between them, they are just 2 people who got ruined their life by LH . They work together to get a revenge. From what I observe , their relationship is the same like Empress Sohyun & Joo Sung, they are working together to set things right and going for justice and want to reveal the truth. Thats all. They are good friends. I dont think they will become lovers. 

I think today episode is the best, so many sad moments. I like how Yoon & Hyuk working together to go to Kang Hee and caught her. The story flow for today episode is really good , no more repetitive and draggy scenes. Since the title is the Last Empress, in the end Sunny will for sure be the one who rule the Imperial Family. 

Spoiler

Now that it revealed that GED killed herself . So sad and heartbreaking. That scene of Sunny is so satisfying. JNR acting is so on point I wish she got award for her acting in this drama. Her emotions and all that flashback. I CRIED. So sad. Get the justice SUNNY! 

10 hours ago, laivla said:

Why  I think, till the end GED caring and loving Lee Hyuk, she left with all inheritance to Sunny but she shouldn't divorce him. 

That inheritance won't make Sunny live save from ED or Lee Hyuk, but will make both of them crazy to divorce her. 

Because she maybe know if Sunny's heart can change everything in the mess imperial family. Maybe she know if Sunny also can make Lee Hyuk heart moving and be a better person or at least she wish something like this. This also can make Sunny stronger her heart to fight and clean all the mess in the imperial palace, she won't divorce Lee Hyuk, because she have real Empress heart and mind, it's a big lose if imperial family let her go.

I think Lee Hyuk will let Sunny go, all she done is right, why he should angry or being so possess toward her?  And Lee Hyuk maybe more ready to let her go. He'll be a real fan of Oh Ssu Ni, a theaterical actrist. 

After she know about GED death case and who's poison her food, what will Sunny do after this? She'll left the palace. Her purpose back to the palace is reached.

OMG, you are right, I forgot about this thing. GED herself wants SN to help her grandson to become a better person, thats why she said SN should not divorce LH for that inheritance. I really hope the ending wont be a disappointment. I dont think LH want to let her go, the scene where he searching for SN is so heartbreaking, I know LH is a bad person, but this scene looks very genuine. He also want SN to give up not because he afraid the truth will come out but because he doesnt want SN to end up like Empress SoHyun. He said this for today episode. He want SN to be safe. 

14 hours ago, laivla said:

HOW IF HIS FORCE TO SUNNY JUST BECAUSE WOO BIN PROVOCATE HIM THIS CAUSE HE WANT WIN OH SUNNY?

(he said he won't lose her to NWS) 

So Hyun, GED, and also Min Yu Ra is loving him till the end, although GED angry to him. But Sunny she's cold toward him, just looks disgust eyes in front of Lee Hyuk, he think he's not win Sunny heart. 

Just don't understand what's on LEE HYUK mind, he can divorce Sunny, but he don't want to do that, although he knew Sunny betray him.

No you are wrong, yes he did not want to lose SN because WB provoke him, but today's episode prove that its not because WB provoke him, but because he did really genuinely love SN she doesnt want to lose her. 

As for YR, I knew from the start that ITS NOT LOVE. From the start we know that LH feelings toward YR is not love. Why? Cause he is different when he is with YR and Empress Sohyun. With Empress Sohyun he really love her, look how happy he was. But with YR is only lust and because he thought YR is ready to die for him. He thought YR really love him but actually just using him. 

As for SN, he really fell in love with her. Cause his behaviour towards SN is different when he is with YR. He become a puppy when he is with SN. Yes SN did betray him. But I think he forgive her cause he really love her thats all. 

Archived