[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Just now, sw33tm3lody said:

I can't believe what I'm saying but I'm glad he's leaving. They've disrespected him so much. Another thing, now he won't die and I can finally drop this drama. 

I agree that he was badly disrepected. Despite the fact that they knew about this early on, it's obvious the production staff favors SSR more or probably have something against CJH. I'll be on my way. Thanks to all the hardworking cast (not their fault in anyway). NEXT!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 6th OST is bugging me.

I usually find ost's are in relation to a drama's plot and is tied to a character or more but specifically the character on the ost cover. 

But OST 6...the title 'open ending' i suppose is apt for Hyuk. But the lyrics and the overall tone of the song imo is not suitable for his character. Its not like he is a nice person with a one sided love story. 

Here is a FMV i found with english lyrics. See..this song would make sense if he was a reformed man. But he is not.

In addition to that..there are variations in the translations

사랑을 말하기엔 아직

여기서 멀어지기엔 우린

Trans 1: (as found in the MV above)

We are not yet to say love

But we're not gonna get away from here

Trans 2: (by popgasa)

It’s too early to tell you I love you

It’s too early for us to grow apart from here

It seems like the song can be interpreted in different ways. But i still find it not suitable for Hyuk's current characterization.

13 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

I can't believe what I'm saying but I'm glad he's leaving. They've disrespected him so much. Another thing, now he won't die and I can finally drop this drama. 

Oh no...very so sad...open ending for me is the best...:tears:

20 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

And dropped what is the point now  this drama has been a disaster for awhile now.

No real closure then for him like what.They drag everything about his character including all his arcs which are STILL not resolve in any form.

14 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

What on earth is happening with TLE. How can they extend when the main character is not even able to continue? Woahhhhhhhhh

Is this why the 6th ost is titled open ending?

Spoiler

This is like a rehash of MotA's finale week. Dang it.

1 minute ago, katakwasabi said:

What on earth is happening with TLE. How can they extend when the main character is not even able to continue? Woahhhhhhhhh

Reveal hidden contents

Probably. I need to a rooftop to scream out my frustration.

Wait, what no CJH next week? are they going to kill him off...CRAP! 

11 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Hide contents

No its worse than MOTA, thats just get-out-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279

The cast already has the finale scripts why cant he still be in it?

Lil brother will be in it why cant his big bro too...THIS MAKES NO SENSE:rage:

20 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

Um... what?

So he will just vanish into thin air? This is so messed up.

In the drama Time, the lead actor had to leave in the middle of the series as well due to personal reason. But at least they gave his character a proper farewell.

NWS was in a middle  of something. They should at least wrap that up.

I guess SBS/production company & CJH agency can't find common ground but it's sad that the drama & it's storyline is the one who suffers.

I am assuming they knew about CJH schedule in advance, so if that was the case, they should have tried to focus on wrapping his storyline the last few eps.. But instead they add new characters...?

So how will they explain why he is not around all of a sudden... ?

1 minute ago, autumna said:

I am assuming they knew about CJH schedule in advance, so if that was the case, they should have tried to focus on wrapping his storyline the last few eps.. But instead they add new characters...?

So how will they explain why he is not around all of a sudden... ?

Oh he need to do his operation and status will be UNKNOWN :rolleyes:

Maybe Bin will appear until ep 50 and he will have closure?

This is so weird. I don't understand this. What happened to the plot. Was the script just finished? Why are both dramas i watch this year falter midway and just went crashing down at the end. 

Why!!!!! 

@Kasmic i am stumped by this development. I did not expect the lead to not be in the finale. Now i'm reminded of zombie cha.

@dramaninja ooo..that actually makes sense. He can be away to have surgery. Ohooo 

I call BS...there's something wrong for sure. One it's unusual that the extension was so late to publicly  confirm it and two - the casts already had the last script book this week. Furthermore CJH fan meeting is scheduled on 28th Feb, how could this be a clash. Ekkk! I guess it's going to be more interesting to see if he attends their reward trip 

@katakwasabi Maybe I was right the bear will return? :blink: I cant even laugh about it anymore as I feel so bad for CJH

1 minute ago, Kasmic said:

I call BS...there's something wrong for sure. One it's unusual that the extension was so late to publicly  confirm it and two - the casts already had the last script book this week. Furthermore CJH fan meeting is scheduled on 28th Feb, how could this be a clash. Ekkk! I guess it's going to be more interesting to see if he attends their reward trip 

Maybe I was right the bear will return? :blink: I cant even laugh about it anymore as I feel so bad for CJH

Oh now that you mentioned it..there is a possibility bear will make an appearance. So the character is not dead. Just happy and over ate. Lol

15 minutes ago, autumna said:

I am assuming they knew about CJH schedule in advance, so if that was the case, they should have tried to focus on wrapping his storyline the last few eps.. But instead they add new characters...? So how will they explain why he is not around all of a sudden... ?

The obvious thing will be to kill him off- maybe Hyuk might just kill him as he'd always said he would.

10 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Oh now that you mentioned it..there is a possibility bear will make an appearance. So the character is not dead. Just happy and over ate. Lol

or maybe  he had another haircut lol! your gif came true in reverse :P

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

...and they could have a time leap where sunny gets a phone call and she picks up and smiles. open ending. voila!

Ahhh...the epitome of open endings..

8 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

or maybe  he had another haircut lol!

But his hair is already short. How can he have another haircut and turn to bear. Maybe he grows his hair out. Bins hair length is directly porportional to his body size. Longer hair=bigger Bin. Hahaha

I rather see Kneitz response to CJH not appearing in the last eps... :(

Spoiler

empress.png

[The Last Empress] Eps 47 & 48 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Choi Jin Hyuk

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra realizes that Park Won Suk committed suicide.. 'cries' 

1. [+1596,-38]
Jang Na Ra's acting is amazing. The ending is so sad. 

2. [+1471,-21]
Her grandson and her daughter-in-law tried to kill her. Her world fell apart and she didn't have the will to live on anymore.... 

3. [+1436,-72]
I get so stressed whenever I see the nanny. Even her eyebrows that aren't done properly bother me. 

4. [+856,-26]
It's a bit frustrating, but the suicide was a plot twist!!

5. [+285,-13]
Jang Na Ra is just a doll whenever she wears hanbok.. 

6. [+155,-4]
Ah Ri's acting is so good!! My heart broke when I saw her getting hurt while watching the adults fight to be her legal rep. And I'm glad that Lee Hyuk knows about Seo Kang Hee now. Seo Kang Hee, Shin Eun Kyung, Min Yoo Ra are going down next week. 

7. [+147,-3]
But why is the letter only discovered now? Anyway, nothing makes sense.

8. [+137,-5]
I need it to be more refreshing... 

9. [+168,-9]
Min Yoo Ra was the most evil villain in the beginning, I don't get why Na Wang Shik is letting her off the hook and being dead set only on Lee Hyuk~ He became that way because of Yoo Ra's lies. 

Spoiler

lastempress.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk comes back to the palace as an inspector.. Will he uncover the murderer who killed Queen So Hyun? 

1. [+496,-6]
The great empress dowager killed herself... I'm having goosebumps. 

2. [+361,-7]
I feel bad for Princess Ah Ri when she watched the adults fight each other. Her acting is good!

3. [+217,-46]
Ah, I'm tired of this. 

4. [+167,-12]
This scriptwriter is good at getting viewers immersed in the story at the beginning... but near the end... it gets boring.. Seriously.. I'm tired of it.. 

5. [+130,-13]
It went on and on showing hints of it ending every time but they dragged it out. I can't bear to watch it any longer. I would usually try to watch it till the end quietly. But this is too.... Ah.... 

6. [+92,-1]
This palace is really nice.. People come back as leader of something after getting kicked out.. Someone was locked up in a mental institution but came back as a maid.. Someone got kicked out as a bodyguard, and he came back as an inspector.. It's sure easy to come back after getting kicked out. 

7. [+55,-1]
The great empress dowager killed herself to take revenge. I didn't think of that. 

8. [+54,-1]
Just bury Seo Kang Hee alive. 

9. [+39,-1]

There were no palace maids around the empress dowager's room? 

@Kasmic yeahhh. I too wonder what knetz reactions are. I do think CJH has a bigger fanbase, so this might cause an uproar.

By the way, they took so long to confirm the extension. Maybe they tried to fit everything in 48 eps but failed to do so. Or they tried to make things work, but eventually could not meet on the same page. 

I just hope Bin would not vanish in thin air. He needs to be given a closure. Both the character and also for CJH. He's been playing this character for months. Huhuhu

Archived