[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Last night episode is interesting.

1. Sunny is keeping her words that she wnot leave the palace before revealing the truth. She already collected all proof to against Hyuk and ED. Hopefully ( and I believe ) she/ Yura/ Yoon / Wang Sik has back up.

2. Sunny-Wang Sik are keeping their promise for protecting each other. Now we just wait until both calling their name 'Na Wang Sik ssi' and Oh Sunny ssi' ...saranghamnida... And both are walking in the beautiful sunset. The End ( XD).

3. The crazy-fooly- cry cry baby emperor is still in his state. No sign of redemption even becoming worst lol. Die even not enough to erase all his mistakes. He treats Sunny( beloved wife, he said) like trash. 

4. Yura redemption is ongoing. I think she'll protect Dong Sik at least.

5. Princess Ari is so dearly. I wonder she's really emperor's daughter because she's too smart for a child born from half DNA of that stupid Hyuk lol.

5. ED is still with her ultimate hobby. Slaping and roaring all the time. 

How many pointed guns have we seen and still no one dying wkkkk.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

English translation of Open Ending. 

(Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/popgasa.com/2019/02/13/ki-ryun-open-ending-the-last-empress-ost-part-6/amp/)

When I think of you, I laugh
When I look at you again, tears come
Times so precious that it hurts
After it passed, I’m here, in this place
We’re looking at the same place

It’s too early to tell you I love you
It’s too early for us to grow apart from here
Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you
I won’t ever lose you

Days frozen in a deep maze
Every time, I think
Of how you would be standing at the end of this road

Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you

I’ll always protect
Though this isn’t the fairy tale ending
No matter what ending it is, if I’m with you

The hidden tomorrow makes me nervous sometimes
But I believe in my heart that has written a happy ending

Ep starts!

Spoiler

Disclaimer: i dont understand korean. I only know a bit. So my comments are mostly about actions and a bit about what they say. Lol

Sunny slaps Hyuk and screams he is crazy.

Sunny is super mad. And this conversation is important. But i have no idea what they are saying. Need subs.

Hyuk has one of his hands on Sunny's throat and Sunny retaliates and does the same to him. But her hands are so smallll~

The lady that was kidnapped appears in front of the imperial family. She is also a jeweller i think.

She calls Bin in. And says so many stuff. So much words.

Hyuk asks his guards to detain Bin. But they can't. And as usual he whips out his gun. Bin is having fun poking Hyuk's buttons. Intense stare.

New lady pushes ED out of her chair. Lol. More talk about the last emperor (?)

Kanghee and Hyuk scene. What is this. So many words. I dont understand. 

Sunny outs ED for poisoning granny's food. Sojin does not believe all this. 

Omg Hyuk. Stop it! But i dont understand what he is saying. 

ED is having a tantrum. She kicks her lackey.

Yura scene. She sees the lackey. And it triggers something in her mind. What is it? It is not shown.

Kanghee is in her room. And she trashes it by herself. She lies to Ari that Sunny did it. Oh youuu snake of a woman! I want you to be brought down the most. You started most richard simmons. 

Granny scene. 

Puhaha. ED young scene! The granny is with young ED. It looks like she was drunk.

Granny meets Sunny. And she saw the picture of the island. And they talk about the island and also Sohyun.

Kanghee goes to meet KJS. Yura, sunny and bin follows here. But KH does not realize this. KJS remembers everything and told nanny, who records it but we dont hear what it is. Nanny! You super evil witch. She poisoned KJS! But sunny, bin and yura were there to help him.

Yura and KJS reunite! 

Ohh..we are on the island now.  Bin starts hitting black cladded men. Yura and Sunny sneaks in the warehouse/greenhouse.

I think these red flowers are poppy flowers. I call it again..ED is korea's drug overlord! Hahaha

End of ep 47.

Ep 48 starts

Spoiler

It starts with Hyuk dreaming about Sunny. And Sunny serves him divorce papers and leaves with Bin.

Oh Hyuk. You are going crazy. You really are. He sees Sunny sleeping in the sofa. And he just looks at her and says some stuff and cries. Dang SSR killing it with his crying. 

Awwww...ari is crying. She heard KH and ED fighting before. She retold this infront of the new lady amd the others. Poor kid.

She doesnt want to be the empress and throws her crown. Sunny is more her mother than Kanghee. She screams at both ED and KH.

New lady says something about Sunny. Is Sunny now the empress/emperor thing? Oh my limited korean ngahahaha.

KH is pissed at Ari and drags her out of bed, even pushes her. Are you really her mum?! Yishhhh. Evil2 woman.

Wooot2..lee yoon is up! And he is in Hyuk's room. They talk and my stream is bad, so i didnt hear what it is about.

Ohhooo. GED new scene. She called new lady that fateful night. And they talked about Sunny. New lady gives Sunny a present. It is a pin! The same pin like the one stabbed at GED's chest.

Wow. Hyuk actually shot his gun this time. Good job bros! Hyuk and Yoon worked together and corners kanghee with a voice recording of her.

Sunny is rummaging through the archive file. She is looking for the pin that was used to stab granny. And she cries remembering Granny. (Jang Nara cries so beautifully)

Sunny found a letter by GED!

Yesss. GED death mystery will be known today i think.

Flashback. All this is written in the letter.

Hyuk and GED are fighting with words. Both screaming at each other.

Omg! My stream is wonky. 

But Hyuk did not kill nanny.

KH was actually in the room when they fought. Granny saw her and shooed her away.

Now its ED with Granny. She actually gave granny poison like she told, and granny threw the poison on ED.

(Dang it. My stream is not cooperating with me)

Granny killed herself!! Sunny just read her suicide letter.

End of episode.

Will we get a preview?

No we dont.

Why  I think, till the end GED caring and loving Lee Hyuk, she left with all inheritance to Sunny but she shouldn't divorce him. 

That inheritance won't make Sunny live save from ED or Lee Hyuk, but will make both of them crazy to divorce her. 

Because she maybe know if Sunny's heart can change everything in the mess imperial family. Maybe she know if Sunny also can make Lee Hyuk heart moving and be a better person or at least she wish something like this. This also can make Sunny stronger her heart to fight and clean all the mess in the imperial palace, she won't divorce Lee Hyuk, because she have real Empress heart and mind, it's a big lose if imperial family let her go.

I think Lee Hyuk will let Sunny go, all she done is right, why he should angry or being so possess toward her?  And Lee Hyuk maybe more ready to let her go. He'll be a real fan of Oh Ssu Ni, a theaterical actrist. 

After she know about GED death case and who's poison her food, what will Sunny do after this? She'll left the palace. Her purpose back to the palace is reached.

56 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Needs like 50 extra episodes

Dear God. No!

I don't think I can stand watching LH trying to be good on Wednesday and going nuts on Thursday.

Or seeing the evil Nanny getting away again and again.

Or seeing ED and her clenched teeth, be it fake smiling or being angry.

Or MYR being good or bad or in between.

And for goodness sake.

Can someone just go to the island and let us know what's on it already?????

To be honest, I don't understand how people can want Lee Hyuk to end up with Sunny. You can root for redemption, and you can root for him to become a better person, but I simply don't understand how you can root for their relationship. It's just toxic. It's basically the definition of an abusive relationship, except the emperor is actually a psychopathic killer. He literally pulls some psychopathic bulls*it, and then, apologizes to her, saying that he didn't really mean it and tells her he loves her. That's just not right. He obviously has a lot of mental issues because of his upbringing, but that doesn't cancel out the fact that he KILLED CWB's mom and has no remorse. How can you want Sunny to love him when if you were in her position, you would never stay with someone with this kind of character? Sunny has shown no reciprocation of his one sided feelings, and if the writer ends up putting them together, what kind of message does that send? Promoting toxic relationships is not a good look and definitely NOT OK. You can't forgive this kind of behavior. However, I do actually like Lee Hyuk's character a lot. He's a very complex character whose psychopathic tendencies were shaped by how he was nurtured and his environment. He has moments where he is charismatic and does what is just, which leads you to believe that if it were not for his toxic upbringing, he would be a good person. It would be poetic if he died saving Sunny, which I think is where we are headed. In this scenario, he would prove that despite all of his outbursts, he did love her, and in a different life, perhaps they would have had a happy marriage. His character is compelling because his story arc is so tragic, and you can genuinely feel bad for him too. He definitely CANNOT end up with her though, even if he survived while trying to save her. He needs to pay his due. 

That being said, I also don't like CWB with Sunny either. The writer hasn't really invested that much time into developing their relationship. We know that CWB has feelings for Sunny, but that is about it. Sunny is rightfully focused on avenging all the injustices committed by the imperial family rather than her love life. Her protectiveness towards CWB feels to me like a very strong bond of loyalty rather than a bond between romantic partners. She supports him because he is another victim of the imperial family's corruption. At this point, I would just rather that the writer not write in and force their relationship into two episodes. What do you guys think? How do you think the last two episodes will play out? 

Archived