Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't sure I would be posting here again but my love for the last episode and our JinSoo couple brought me back to say a few words.   I pretty much lost it at Jin Hyuk's expression when h

I think that I found their room  , they will definitely have to explain the balcony kiss if my guess is correct.    CSH’s room in first episode      She is back in the same

Enjoy reading everyone's thoughts... I will elaborate on why the ending is good for me...   1.  It did not end with some drone zoomed out kiss in the Cuban Garden with sweeping romantic musi

Posted Images

@NongpeeP not because of the hotel or her father but she’s worried about all the baggage she would bring to the relationship. CSH is considerate to a fault, she can’t even bring herself to impose on her best friend when she wants to eat ramyun or visit malecon beach. Having come to terms with the lack of privacy and control over her own life , she tries to protect those around her from the same fate. 

 

 

 

 

Have the ratings for the 3rd episode really slipped? :huh: 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@NongpeeP not because of the hotel or her father but she’s worried about all the baggage she would bring to the relationship. CSH is considerate to a fault, she can’t even bring herself to impose on her best friend when she wants to eat ramyun or visit malecon beach. Having come to terms with the lack of privacy and control over her own life , she tries to protect those around her from the same fate. 

 

 

 

 

Have the ratings for the 3rd episode really slipped? :huh: 

You define Cha Soo Hyun so well. No matter the series' storyline bring Cha Soo Hyun to like Kim Shin Hyuk as same as he likes her or not, she has spent her life to impact her family and her surrounding people the least she can. 

 

From the situation in Boyfriend / Encounter, actually from my point of view as I think realistically, I understand Cha Soo Hyun. 

 

Let watch coming episodes how the storyline will bring audiences to, whether Cha Soo Hyun will be adventureous to be out of her comfort zone to let family and surrounding people impact from her decision.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dtqi535U8AAD0EN.jpg

 

@ahdrianaa: I don't know where to access real-time ratings but from my KDrama Experience, when angst sets in, ratings dip. Some just can't take the heavy stuff. Hopefully, it doesn't. For me, the mere fact that it's a Wednesday-Thursday drama (this schedule is notorious for low drama ratings, more than the Mon-Tues schedule) Boyfriend's ratings are heaven-sent!

 

'Boyfriend Song Hye Kyo' is trending at no. 2 in the Naver Entertainment News Topic Ranking.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahdrianaa said:

 

@gumtaek @mellinadear @NongpeeP :thumbsup: 

 

Last spoiler

  Hide contents

The last line of tomorrow’s preview is powerful. 

 

CSH to KJH  “stop right there ... don’t try to come any closer”.

 

So KJH has already confessed but CSH attempts to draw the proverbial line in the sand. Implying rejection of both physical and emotional proximity. 

 

 

 

Heavy stuff. Get ready for lots of angst. 

Ahhh I don't really like angsty tearjerkers... CSH, KJH let's just elope to Cuba :lol:

But I guess this is a drama that focuses on character growth, that's why the romance part is developing pretty fast... 

 

Thanks for the translations @ahdrianaa ,  @gakE & @icyphoenix for the videos and 

@gumtaek for the news and information :wub: 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all for live recaps and esp @ahdrianaa for the translation, I made me have more understanding what ‘s going on. Love jh for his straightforward confession, It might not be able to break csh’s wall yet, but surely his sincere feelings , his efforts will gradually be able to make csh to fight for the love both deserve. But I guess we still have a long way to go. It won’t be easy for csh to stand up against her mom and ex mother in law...aigoo , what kind of the nonsense her ex mother in law is talking about? 

And her own mom is even worse.

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

While some here might be disappointed that CSH rejected KJH but realistically, they met no more than a week or so(unless theres some time skip)? He might be too carefree and she is more considerate of everything instead of going on pure emotion. I know IRL for me if someone i barely know suddenly profess love for me I wouldn't immediately say yes...

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, shaselai said:

While some here might be disappointed that CSH rejected KJH but realistically, they met no more than a week or so(unless theres some time skip)? He might be too carefree and she is more considerate of everything instead of going on pure emotion. I know IRL for me if someone i barely know suddenly profess love for me I wouldn't immediately say yes...

It's gonna be too unrealistic for them to get into a relationship this early into the game. CSH will be under a lot of pressure and she knows her lifestyle wouldn't match with that of KJH. She seems like someone who would like to think things through.  This is a realistic direction from the writer and I agree with that.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I love this ep, it isn’t funny as ep 2 but i like how the story is unfold, it’s realistic. 

 

No matter how much her ex husband loves her, I’m thankful he let her to get some freedom, not involved with his mom. God , it must be like living in hell, she’s scary :sweatingbullets:. I feel pity for him though. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, allythefangirl said:

It's gonna be too unrealistic for them to get into a relationship this early into the game. CSH will be under a lot of pressure and she knows her lifestyle wouldn't match with that of KJH. She seems like someone who would like to think things through.  This is a realistic direction from the writer and I agree with that.

I have just finished watching ep.3 with English Subtitle, free-spirit young man as KJH might do like that when he just feels for CSH.

 

From life background and all responsibility CSH has to her family, colleagues, and people around.... I truly understand what CSH should do in reality...even we are watching K-Series but it should be reasonable too.  

 

Two persons come from different family background and lessons learnt in life from age gap. 

 

Ps. In ep3: Poem in the book reflected KJH’s feeling of yearning. Let see whether CSH feel “yearning” too. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not watched the drama but I have read the recap at drama milk. Oh my....it's crazy what SH has to go through. I'm at similar age as SH and I think it's crazy enough for SH to go out for that ramen date given her circumstances. So, it makes sense for SH to reject JH now. She's 37 after all and should have known better that the road is UPHILL for her and JH.

 

One thing to note though that even without JH in the picture, SH's life is bound to be difficult, since the ex MIL is trying to get her replaced as a CEO. So, SH should fight back regardless...

 

I think JH is not aware yet of the big problem in front of them. Some part of it is because he's a green grape, but some part of it is because he doesn't have that much background of SH's life.

I wonder if this drama is going to be angsty all the way to ep 16....oh my I'm not sure that I can handle 13 angsty episodes....

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

I have just finished watching ep.3 with English Subtitle, free-spirit young man as KJH might do like that when he just feels for CSH.

 

From life background and all responsibility CSH has to her family, colleagues, and people around.... I truly understand what CSH should do in reality...even we are watching K-Series but it should be reasonable too.  

 

Two persons come from different family background and lessons learnt in life from age gap. 

 

Ps. In ep3: Poem in the book reflected KJH’s feeling of yearning. Let see whether CSH feel “yearning” too. 

 

Yes, SH and JH both have large barriers in their path of being together. But I think that the "Yearning" in the poem will be seen in the next episodes. Also, I think this is also where we are really going to see JH's stubborn side that was mentioned in the second episode. That once he likes something, he hangs on. So as JH hangs on to his love for SH, she will eventually give in. Because he will demonstrate to her that he will not crumble or allow himself to be pushed away like other most like would have been. 

Plus, the driver is clearly matchmaking with SH and JH... so I can see him continuing to create opportunities for them to see each other despite what she worried.

She clearly needs someone with her emotionally.

 

 

Though, I do have a question about the animation in the show. I feel that it is supposed to be symbolic of what is happening in the story...does anyone know what the whole deal is with the butterflies?

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Encounter/Boyfriend is keeping me guessing, I like it!:)

 

MbbWdgG.gif

nZL7xtF.gif

DC

‘I came because I missed you, I wanted to see you’ - Jin Hyuk

OQ11924.jpg

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

:anguished:

 

 

PREVIEW

SH – It is actually a little stressful for me because I am not use to these kinds of things.
JH – I think someone putting another person in their heart is a meaningful thing
SH – Honestly, I do not want to be involved with you.
SH – It is nothing.

JH – It is not like childish curiosity.
SH – Hey, Kim Jin-hyeok shi.
SH – Don’t come close to me from there anymore.

 

https://www.dramamilk.com/encounter-episode-3-live-recap/

 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

i just realized, it would be interesting to see when SH decides she must protect JH (cindrella) from all evil..

that's the first time she will become aggressive and will emote.. and emerge as strong personality..

that would be fun.. seeing her going all out to save the boy

 

i hope she doesn't become the damsel in distress

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...