[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@ahdrianaa thanks for the recap.

21 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

KJH  “ I have been wondering, what would you call our relation?”

CSH “Our relation....your and my relationship is that of any employer and employee”

:tears: OUCH!

He really is stubborn. When he want something he goes for it.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Pleaseee have a happy ending for this drama..

the PDnim seems nice and kind (seeing from bts), I'm having a hope that PD is nice to give us happy ending.

I watched the bts eps 2, bogum laugh a lot. I wonder why he laugh like that at bts ending when he is with his office coworker. 

btw I'm curious about the poster where they wear stripes and bogum hug hyekyo from behind, is that in Cuba? because they wear summer clothes (in Korea it must be already cold), so that means they will go to Cuba again? I anticipate they will getting more serious in Cuba. 

(sorry for my poor english).

This is my first time watch a korean drama ongoing and visit soompi everyday for updates. (not to mention re-watched it). 

• Like 8

Spoiler

Spoiler

They’re in the garage, he runs ahead and says he needs to grab something. CSH notices the delivery truck. KJH grabs his phone and tells her he’s ready to leave. CSH tells him she wants to go in the truck and KJH says it won’t be comfortable. CSH insists that she wants to go in the truck. KJH smiles , says they ought to do what CSH wants. 

He goes to open her door, the door is locked from the inside realizes his mistake and runs to the driver’s side. When she is getting in the truck he notices that she might have difficulty getting in and he extends his arm, his gesture is extremely natural but she is touched. 

This is my favorite moment of the episode, both of them putting the other before themselves. KJH suggests they take the car because he thinks she won’t be comfortable but it’s not because he’s ashamed of the truck. CSH insists they go in truck because she doesn’t want him to think she’s embarrassed to be in his truck. Pulled at my heartstrings with the simplicity yet profound meaning of their gesture. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I missed this part. Spoiler  

Hide contents

I have tried very hard to watch this Boyfriend / Encounter on live stream but I really can't understand Korean esp. with long conversations in the scenes with Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo.

@ahdrianaa, thank you very much for your translation to let me understand the situation in this Boyfriend / Encounter and enjoy their acting with facial expressions and gestures. 

I am one of the audiences who can not believe that Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo will have chemistry.

I even do not expect that Park Bo Gum will be able to make audiences believe in his role who loves Song Hye Kyo but Park Bo Gum can portray Kim Jin Hyuk naturally till Kim Jin Hyuk who has strong interest in Cha Soo Hyun exists in the audiences' K-drama World. 

Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo can nail their acting as good as their positions of the top hallyu K-Stars indeed. 

At the very beginning, I intended not to watch this Boyfriend / Encounter before it ends but tons of praises about this series made me start watching and be crazy to watch rerun repeatedly and watch live during on-air. Park Bo Gum's Magic!!! 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Boyfriend' Cha Hwayeon, Song Hyekyo Scandal "Make Park Bogum Resign"

0000454149_001_20181205214948277.jpg?type=w540

1.+983, -38 Park Bogum is a really straightforward man. Being honest so he can save Suhyun-ie
2.  +332, -21 What is this.. It just started and I'm already smiling...,,,,,,,,, 
3. +270, -1 Stop harassing Jinhyukie I feel bad for Park Bogumㅠㅠㅠ
 4. +207, -90 If it wasn't because of the actors I wouldn't have watched it...... The biggestproblem is the script...... It's old, cliche, and childish
5. +111, -6 Park Bogum was heart-fluttering during the endingㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6. +81, -2 Asking him to resign just because they ate ramen together is too much
7.+35, -2 Park Bogum's gaze is crazyㅠㅠㅠ Jinhyuk-ieㅠㅠ

Original Article: [news1 korea] 'Boyfriend' Song Hyekyo, Scandal With Park Bogum "It's Not Something I'm Embarrassed About"

0003726630_001_20181205215353471.jpg?type=w540

1. +1153, -38 Being in a scandal with a young guy like Park Bogum is something you should brag about of course. She's right she shouldn't feel embarrassed
2. +375, -12 Asking him to leave just for eating ramen?
3. +66, -6 Park Bogum is so handsome, don't mess with Jinhyuk-ie ㅠㅠ
4.+151, -90 The story is so boring, it's not fun ㅠ
5.+44, -10 It must be hard for the fans too, it's no fun but they're trying to shield it
6. +33, -1 Whenever the mother-in-law comes, no joke she's really scary ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ   ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Jinhyuk-ie Suhyun-ie hwaiting
7.+13, -1 What is this it's seriously no fun ㅠㅠ

Original Article: [star news] 'Boyfriend' Park Bogum, To Song Hyekyo "I Miss You That's Why I Came Here" A Straightforward Confession

0002746687_001_20181205225223106.jpg?type=w540

0002746687_003_20181205225223183.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-05%2Bat%2B9.51.12%2BPM.png
1. +1048, -53 Park Bogum's gaze in the end ㄷ ㄷ  He's so good that it made my heart flutter ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
2. +945, -25 I miss you that's why I came here, crazy ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ A young straightforward man is the best
3. +636, -19 Ending fairy Park Bogum, so heart-fluttering
4.+492, -27 Ah f*cking fun ㅠ Heart-fluttering
5. +181, -4 Park Bogum's gaze ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ ㄷ 
6.+116, -2 Ah Park Bogum said I miss you. So cool~
7.+40, -4 Oh my oh my Bogum-ie is so heart-fluttering, his gaze makes my heart beat so fast

• Like 7

@gumtaek @mellinadear @NongpeeP :thumbsup: 

Last spoiler

Spoiler

The last line of tomorrow’s preview is powerful. 

CSH to KJH  “stop right there ... don’t try to come any closer”.

So KJH has already confessed but CSH attempts to draw the proverbial line in the sand. Implying rejection of both physical and emotional proximity. 

Heavy stuff. Get ready for lots of angst. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 3

@gumtaek @icyphoenix @dahae2006 Thank you so much for the information about Boyfriend /Encounter and Park Bo Gum.

The last scene in ep.3 made me almost cry from watching Kim Jin Hyuk's eyes with determination and emotions while Cha Soo Hyun is much more realistic from her long experiences in political life. :tears:

https://tv.naver.com/v/4704072

From the short teaser of Ep.4 here :bawling:

https://tv.naver.com/v/4703521/list/284833

I am counting down time to Thu at 9.30 pm. KST.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@gumtaek @mellinadear @NongpeeP :thumbsup: 

Last spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

The last line of tomorrow’s preview is powerful. 

CSH to KJH  “stop right there ... don’t try to come any closer”.

So KJH has already confessed but CSH attempts to draw the proverbial line in the sand. Implying rejection of both physical and emotional proximity. 

Heavy stuff. Get ready for lots of angst. 

@ahdrianaa Thank you very much again for your kindness to transalate for all of us. 

I almost cry for Kim Jin Hyuk's tough situation when he likes a woman who has life background to be impossible to have Kim Jin Hyuk as her Boyfriend 남자친구.:o

I am not sure whether Cha Soo Hyun is just interested in Kim Jin Hyuk or she likes him as same as he feels to her because Cha Soo Hyun's expression looks calm even she enjoys new moments in life with Kim Jin Hyuk. 

However, I understand Cha Soo Hyun's position as a CEO of the growing hotels and a daughter of her father's political life for years. :vicx:

• Like 9

Hope the 2 OST tracks played in Episode 3 will be released soon! Bogum-ah, hope you can sing one of the OST soundtrack!

Reality kicks in in Episode 3. We want our leads to have more screen time together but the "misery-makers" understandably have to make their presence felt.

• Like 11